how long will i bleed?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i can't quite tell you how it hurt me, but my god
There was a theory, that there was someone here that could shed light on spirits, on whether someone had died or not. And for days, he’d spent contemplating it, dulling the possibilities, chasing the ghost she had left behind. Uncertain if he should even go and find out. What if she says yes, what if she can speak to her? What if… What if he’d lost her again and hadn’t been there for her the second time.

What had she done to deserve to die twice, across worlds? When he had just gotten her back?

Against his better judgement, he finds himself seeking her out. Praying to Safrin, praying to Ludo, praying to anyone who would listen that she was still out there somewhere, somewhere he could find her before it was too late. But he doesn’t know, and the uncertainty makes his fingers tremble ever so slightly as he stuffs them into the pockets of his pants, looks over the reflective surface of the Oasis with a huff of a sigh.
how it still aches today
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHIA
It wasn’t often that the spirits called her to a person. But today they did. Whoever it was had been calling out to the gods in a quiet way, either not praying properly at a shrine or doing so and receiving no answer. But when one was desperate, it was not terribly uncommon for her to hear. Not as the heralds or the big three did, but through the disturbance amongst the lesser spirits that inhabited Caido. They whispered and swirled and tugged at her boot laces. To the Grounds, to the Grounds, he is swimming in the Grounds.

And so it was that Delphia trekked from her home to the Hollowed Grounds, making her way through the dark place in whatever direction the spirits pointed. Presumably towards water, since he was apparently swimming. As they had indicated, the trail led to a beautiful Oasis, and at the water's edge sat a man. Silent as a ghost, Delphia approached him from behind, not really considering how this might startle him. She tilted her head, the corners of her eyes crinkling as if she might smile. ”You called?”
Death has nothing to do with going away
the sun sets and the moon sets
but they're not gone
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Oh, he’s certainly not ready for this conversation. But he’s asked and asked, and finds his way there with a silent, steel and stoic presence, a mask over the internal crumbling, the hangovers, the vibrating bones within his chest at the possibilities. His head turns to look across more of the expanse of the water, far too cold to swim in still, but this is where she’d planned on taking him for a picnic when the weather got better – once the mud had dispersed. A better one from the last time when he’d told her that he’d been disloyal to her, blighted and sick.

It’s when he notices a shadow from behind him, and his heart thunders in his chest, turning on his heel to face whoever had crept up close to him. She’s tall, too, Lusea’s height, and another part of his chest aches. And when she speaks, she asks him if he’s called, eyes averting from her to look over the water’s edge, biting the inside of his cheek. “I did.” He rumbles, steel eyes narrow, hard, shadowed, dark, slip back to her.

Someone close to me is missing, and I want to know if she’s… Dead.” Again.
how it still aches today
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
DELPHIA
Mmm. Well at least he wasn’t too startled by her presence, nor did he question it. His calling must’ve been deliberate enough that he believe she was here to answer him. My name is Delphia. I am the daughter of Mort. How can I help you?” she said, her gaze and tone filled with adoration. Warm, loving, perhaps the opposite of what an Outlander might imagine a child of Death to be, or death itself for that matter.

As soon as he began to explain, she was with Delphia. Her spirit was powerful, her soul strong, pulling through Mort’s realm though she had already found her peace with the high god of the departed. Pale eyes followed as the woman’s spirit circled the man, knowing he wouldn’t feel the run of her fingers along his shoulders, nor see the playful smirk upon her lips. ”Lusea. I am afraid she is no longer with the living. ” she said softly, her lips curving into a melancholic smile. ”She is a beautiful woman. So fiery. So passionate. It is no small feat for a soul to come greet me after meeting my father.” she said, impressed, but conveying this to confirm who she was.
but they're not gone
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
His heart thunders in his chest at her approach, but his mask has been carefully placed over years of practice, of trying to ensure that nobody got the upper hand of him again. He listens to her introduction of herself to him, giving a quiet nod. Daughter of Mort, huh? He supposes that she’s a bit easier to reach then when it came to small questions like this.

Small to the gods, at least.

He explains that he’s lost someone close, giving no names whatsoever. And his head lifts, eyes narrowing on Delphia when she says Lusea’s name, his gut churning and his temple begins to throb. ’No longer with the living’. He clenches his jaw, taking a step back and shaking his head slightly. The first step of grief? Denial. She’d gotten her name, sure, but how does he know? There’s a slight touch of cold that he can feel on the edge of his shoulders beneath the clothes he wears, but he passes it off as his heart thunders further, hands clenching in his pockets.

She is fiery, passionate. But that could be said about many here. “How do I know that you’re telling the truth?” Uncharacteristically, his voice shakes but he refuses to look at her, refuses to look at anything but the gentle rippling of the water they stand beside. And then the guilt begins to set in, jaw clenching harder again, muscles feathering in his jaw, trying to keep his breathing as steady as possible.
how it still aches today
SuNJATA
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
Delphia was very used to this. He was not the first to have the seer break bad news to them. She had been doing so for years and years, long before she even understood the pain she brought. Still she didn't fully comprehend it. To die was not an end. It was the beginning of a life enveloped in the loving and infinite embrace of Mort, a life where there was no strife, no troubles, no pains or aches. But as Ludo said, humans coveted that which they loved, even when it was not good for the one they loved.

So when he asks for proof, she isn't surprised.

"She is very beautiful. Pretty olive skin. Dark hair, dark eyes...about my height. Sort of a button nose. There is..." she paused, eyes narrowing as if she was trying to focus in on something. "A tattoo of some sort on her chest. A wave it looks like? Water? Something blue." The more Delphia concentrated, a few of her small ticks began to show through. Her finger made circles on her thumb, teeth gently scraping over her bottom lip. "She says she was a barmaid but...she was also a healer? No, more of a field medic. I do not believe she was formally trained but she could sew up wounds. And...she says she died before? But came here?" she said, clicking her tongue. That confused her a bit but it was apparently important. "And there was the day, on the rooftops. It was so beautiful, the sunset, the city at night, pretending nothing mattered. She was so happy. The happiest." she said, smiling just a bit.

"And she says...'Give 'em hell, don't you dare go soft again.'" she said, laughing lightly. "Quite a force of nature this woman."
but they're not gone
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She begins to describe Lusea, and Sunjata’s silver gaze shutters closed as he listens, picturing her there as though she’s standing in front of him. Perhaps she is, in this space that Delphia can apparently see her. He listens as she describes the wave, eyes opening to look along the rippling water beside them once more, almost as if he can imagine being back in Korofi, like the Oasis has become the floodwaters they had avoided and lived through time and time again.

His haunted gaze finally slips back to Delphia when she explains that Lusea was a barmaid, a healer, a field medic. He shakes his head slightly, she’d been all of those things to him over and over again. Was when he had first set eyes on her, waking up from being knocked out to her stitching him up. It isn’t until he pauses in those thoughts, in the memories, that he hears her say that Lusea had died before, then arrived here.

That should be enough proof, right? He doesn’t want to hear anymore, and he begins to shake his head as Delphia goes to continue on – until she pauses him with her words, his steel eyes staring straight at her face. It was the happiest moment, the closest they had come to forever before his curse had destroyed them for the first time – his curse destroying them a second time here. Maybe he was right in that he shouldn’t get close to anyone.

Maybe that day in Korofi he should have stepped off that rooftop before any of it began. Prevented it all.

His lip twitches briefly before he manages a shaky exhale, listening to the words, reading between the lines. And gods how he would. How he plans to. But she had always been the fire to his steel, to keep him strong and tempered, to keep him from returning to old ways of who he used to be, naïve, sheltered, broken, left in pieces. She had soldered him back together again, a better version of himself.

Twice now.

He swallows hard, accepting it but unable to find the words at first to say it. So he tries again, inhaling deeply, hands leaving his pockets to cross along his chest, left hand raised to cover his eyes, squeeze at his temples. “What happened to her?” 'Where did you go? Why did you leave?' If someone had taken her, someone here, that would absolutely be the end of them. But she had simply just vanished, and he hadn’t known where to even start, only able to do so much.
how it still aches today
SuNJATA
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
She waits patiently as he processes. It is a lot to take in, a lot to accept, knowing that her words were undeniable. The woman she saw was his Lusea, and she was dead. Again apparently. To lose the same person twice had to be truely hearwrenching. And so she waited, not rushing the process, but also not rushing to his aid. He did not seem the sort that would appreciate comfort in this moment. Only clarity. And perhaps, in time, he would seek out comfort from those who knew how to give him the sort of comfort he could accept.

Again his question isn't surprising, but it is always the most difficult. Deaths weren't the easiest for a soul to remember, especially unexpected ones like this. But some things are clear enough as Lusea whispers in her esr for Delphia to make conclusions. "She was in Halo. I believe she was lost...so much white...snow everywhere...so so cold..." she muttered, frowning a bit. Her brows furrowed as she focused on the scene. "Someone in the distance...realizing much too late it's no man but a beast." Delphia's hand rose to her neck and back of her head. "A sharp pain. It hurts it hurts it hurts...then nothing. Neck snapped. Head crushed. Nothing left. A frost giant certainly." she mumbled, shaking her head lightly. What a terrifying way to go.
but they're not gone
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Halo. He still can’t look at Delphia as she speaks, his eyes remaining on the ripples of water. Halo was a place of cold, of snow, of everything other than what they were used to, what they preferred. Hadn’t Deepfrost proven anything to them? That he especially didn’t want any snow, any of that chill to his bones. And while it might be gone, while the mud has taken over to replace it, he still feels just as cold.

She hates snow.” He rumbles, ignoring the terminology, because it might have hit him but he can’t quite get used to saying things about her in the past tense. Not again, not for a while. And he shakes his head, listening to her explain further, shying away internally from the details, rubbing at his temple again and again. He doesn’t know what a frost giant is. He also did not need to know the details of her death. Just where she had gone.

He chooses to assume that there’s nothing left of her now.

He exhales loudly, steel eyes finally slipping to Delphia with additional darkness lingering within them. This time it was different, there wasn’t anything or anyone to fight. Nothing to avenge. Nothing other than to continue this shit life here without her. And his lip curls with the anger within him, needing a drink, or a cigarette, or literally anything to pretend that this didn’t happen.

But it still doesn’t explain why she’d gone, why she’d left him to go and scout out the wintery mountains. Perhaps to get away, start a new life from the things they’ve started here? Perhaps to find another place to make a name for themselves? His flame, his flame snuffed out beneath the hand of the creatures living in Halo. His hands shake as his fingers tighten around his biceps, looking to the woman who appears to be speaking to his flame.

Can you…” His voice wavers again and he pauses, swallowing hard again. “Can you tell her that I’m sorry I wasn’t there this time?” Another hard, sharp swallow as he feels his mind racing with everything he wants to tell her, but settling on the most important. “That I love her, more than anything?’More than anything I ever have and ever will?’ His lip quivers, voice deepening with his emotions, eyes shimmering with a light silver lining that he chokes back. He had become stronger the first time she died, perhaps now it’s time he buries those emotions down deep once more – mask settling into place, how could he ever be the same again?
how it still aches today
SuNJATA
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
Delphia shrugged lightly at his observation. "She seems an adventurous and strongwilled soul, and curiosity is one of humanity's best and worst traits." she noted. Curiosity could easily make one ignore their hate of snow. Adventurousness could send one into the throes of danger. A strong will could convince the mind that the body was more capable than it was. In short - the reason why did not matter. It did not change the reality of the moment. That was always the greater of those two forces.

The daughter of death smiled at Sunjata warmly. "I do not need to tell her. She is dead, not deaf. She can hear you fine." she said with a light laugh. "I do not think she would want your apology though. She is safe and at peace with Mort. She is surrounded by love and comfort and rest. The struggles and hardships of life no longer reach her. Grieve as you would the loss to your life, but rejoice knowing the woman you love is so cared for."
but they're not gone
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
If his heart wasn’t breaking, he likely would’ve snorted at the response, likely would have told her that even if she had been adventurous, that they had been through Deepfrost here, had seen the snow and realized how dreadful it was. But, he’s shattering internally, and all he can do is stare across the rippling surface of the Oasis, biting down onto his lower lip as he takes the information the best he can to heart. That she’s gone, that she won’t be coming back again, and thinking over how lucky he had been to at least get those few months with her.

He wanted Delphia to tell her everything he could, but the shakiness to his voice, the burning behind his eyes as he keeps looking away from Delphia, even as she smiles of all things, keeps him rooted to the spot. At least, until she says that Lusea can hear him, and he lowers his head slightly, a thought hitting him, but remaining silent as she tells him that she wouldn’t want his apology. A sorrowful smile lifts the corner of his lip. She didn’t know her, in that regard. She may be safe, may be at peace, but that didn’t mean that Lusea wouldn’t prefer him to grovel his apologies to her again and again.

He doesn’t entirely know how to rejoice either, not while he breaks into a million pieces, carefully trying to patch himself together. So he inhales, looking back over the water. “ek sal sterk wees, die vloed, die man wat ek van die begin af moes gewees het. en as ek nie is nie, kom spook my.” His head finally lifts, and he turns to look at Delphia with a quiet nod. “I will try.” A quiet answer, and he doesn’t even believe in himself when it comes to it.

He doesn’t even know where to start.
how it still aches today
SuNJATA