best of friends
for Sunjata
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Thanks a little birdie, Oliver had learned that a certain someone wasn’t exactly doing all that well. Considering the fact that Oliver viewed Sunjata as a friend, he immediately grew concerned. Already he had plans of sitting down with the man alone due to the Notice Board posting, but this new information only made those plans come faster and more…intense? Before he just wanted to sit down with him, but now Oliver had an even bigger task to do.

A note was soon sent to Sunjata, detailing that the man should come to the Labyrinth the following day. Of course, Oliver didn’t leave really any details about his plans as they were kinda supposed to be a surprise. Meanwhile, he’d be spending all day and the following morning preparing. Sure, he was probably doing a bit too much, but it was Sunjata! The man deserved to feel happy and Oliver would do anything to achieve that…except kill people…or steal anything super important…okay there were a lot of things Oliver wouldn’t quite do for Sunjata, but that’s besides the point.

The next day Oliver had a bag slung over his back and was carrying a decently sized twine box. He stood outside of the entrance to the Labyrinth, looking around and hoping that his friend would arrive soon.

Sunjata
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
you will not choke the divine from me
Well, some things certainly don’t change. His exhaustion levels absolutely hadn’t, he’s slept like garbage for the past few weeks, kept up a facade of things being okay by a perpetual repeat of LongNight — the only true slip up in public he’s had is the meeting Wessex hosted, incredibly hung over and clinging to Hotaru as though he may fall over with any rogue wind.

So when he receives the note from Oliver, he is a bit surprised, but he attempts to try and make himself somewhat presentable, to not worry Oliver too much when it came to his well-being. After all, it seemed like everyone had something to say to him about it, anyway. He shifts to panther form once he’s mostly coherent again, taking Haai with him as she spreads her wings and soars above him until he reaches the Labyrinth. The place he’d arrived all this time.

Instincts take over and while he can’t quite see Oliver just yet, he focuses on hunting the blonde man until he sees him, shifting into himself while Haai lands on his shoulders as he approaches the other man. A nod is given to Oliver, the briefest of small smiles, as much as he can manage at first. “Hey Ollie. What’s the plan for the day?” He asks, eyeing the bag and box with interest.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
It was a pleasant surprise to shortly see Sunjata take on the form of a panther. What followed next was a surprise as well. He hadn't known the other man had gotten a companion, especially one that adorable. Sure was better than a devil pumpkin. "If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it." He winked at the other man and laughed, unable to hide the smile on this face. He was excited to show Sunjata what he had planned. It'd be a nice escape for the both of them, but especially Sunjata.

"But, I can tell you that we will need to get to a clearing of sorts in the Labyrinth. Somewhere nice to sit down, relax, and talk." Hopefully that wouldn't give away the little surprise that he had planned. Then again, his surprise honestly wasn't even all that big. It was big to Oliver, but he wasn't sure if Sunjata would even be all that impressed.

He couldn't help but look at the new companion. "What's your name, I don't think Sunjata has introduced me to you yet." It was a small playful jab at Sunjata. Turning to look back at the taller man, Oliver gestured towards the Labyrinth. "Shall we move on? I've never been here so...let's hope with the combined power of our minds, we wont get totally lost." Never would he come here alone, nor would he come here with someone new. Sunjata was someone he trusted, meaning he felt safe coming here with him.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
He mulls it over with a slight nod. “I suppose that’s true.” The briefest of smiles crossing his face before it fades and he moves closer to Oliver, eyeing the Labyrinth with a hint of nostalgia. Had he seen a clearing? Had he noticed it among the whirlwind of thoughts that crossed his mind as he stepped over the threshold of a kitchen, leaving some random woman’s bed, to end up here last year? He can’t quite recall. So he nods in understanding, taking the lead into the labyrinth to scout some place of flattened ground while Haai continues to watch Oliver with bright green eyes of interest.

Her tail feathers begin to wag slightly under Oliver’s gaze and she howls a quiet hello of her own while Sunjata’s gaze remains on the trees and hedges around them. “Her name is Haai.” He answers easily, voice rough and tired sounding.

He gives Oliver a quiet nod, beginning the trek back into the Labyrinth and he watches silently while the trail begins to shift and twist. “You know how you came in at the Spire? I came in here.” He offers unhelpfully, gaze sliding over to look at Oliver while they walk. “One minute I was in Dorobo, the next I was here.” He gestures to the trees around them before he shoves his hands into his pockets.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Sunjata wasn't exactly in the most chipper of moods, but Oliver didn't mind it. He could work with whatever the other man threw at him. He had long learned that Sunjata wasn't always the most enthusiastic, so when he heard from Jigano how miserable the man seemed, he long accepted this would be a very one-sided conversation. His main goal was to help relieve some of the other man's stress, maybe give him a relaxing day where he could keep his mind off stuff. As well, if his panther form was still muddy, Oliver had plenty of plans on how to deal with that.

Oliver let out a laugh at the griffen's response. It was adorable and damn, he wouldn't mind having an adorable companion like her or Pim. He couldn't dwell too long on her as off they went, venturing into the labyrinth. Finding out that Sunjata didn't arrive at the Spire came off as a shock, one that showed on his face. "Wait...so not everyone shows up at the spire? What the fuck?" Wow. Okay. Why did Sunjata show up here? Were there other places people could show up?

A new thought dawned on him and he glanced up to look at Haai. "What's it like having someone sit on your shoulder constantly? Like...what's it like having a companion?" She seemed to give Sunjata a small bit of joy, so might as well talk more about her. Maybe then he'd be able to bring the man into a lighter mood.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
I… I don’t think I was supposed to.” He rumbles back while they walk, brows drawing together but his gaze remains straight forward on the path. He hadn’t heard of anyone else arriving anywhere that wasn’t the Spire. Perhaps, with the rest of the way his life seemed to go, it was just… Askew, wrong, different than the others. Just one of many things to add into the list of ‘I’m not sure how but I did’ that he mentally continues to keep track of.

As Oliver comments about Haai again, however, Sunjata turns slightly toward the shorter man. “It’s not what I’m used to.” He admits, uncertain of how to explain it. It wasn’t just sitting on his shoulder, it was the nagging, the pining feeling in the back of his mind that screamed images of her thoughts, of her feelings. Like an attuned bond, but different, younger, less sophisticated. Haai at this point is far more intrigued by Oliver, and Sunjata offers a soft sigh and a slight nod, the companion darting from Sunjata’s broad tattooed shoulders to land on Oliver’s. And should the other man allow, she’d cling to his shoulders, sniffing at his blonde hair.

I can feel her thoughts and experiences, when she gets excited and frustrated, when she wants to hunt and when she’s hungry. She’s kind of a pain in the ass if I’m being honest.” He admits, the corner of his lip quirking up briefly as he thought about it.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Oliver hmm's at his reply, clearly now in deep thought. "That's...interesting. Makes me wonder if something was different about how you arrived. I think we should maybe leave something here...just in case someone else arrives here first. The Spire is wide open, while here? So closed off. Maybe we could leave a sign." Oliver trailed off, almost as though he were speaking out loud to himself. Oliver was a curious sort of person, eager to know why certain things happened the way they did. He wanted answers, even when others didn't care.

The blonde turns his head to listen to Sunjata. Having a companion sounds nice, maybe someday he'd get one. Once the griffen showed interest in his shoulder, Oliver would smile and allow her to jump onto it, grasping his shoulder with her talons. It was a rough feeling, but he didn't mind. He even laughed when she sniffed at his hair. It was adorable, downright adorable. "Sure sounds like a lot. If you ever need a babysitter, feel free to bring her to me. I'll keep her company." Maybe some things were too big or scary for a little griffen, Oliver wouldn't mind nurturing her and keeping her safe, especially if she was this downright adorable.

"How did you two meet? Also, are there any funny things that get her frustrated or excited? Like, does she have a strong interest in jewelry?" Oliver saw the small quirk of his lip and boy was he going to see if he could get a bit more out of Sunjata.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
They dive deeper into the labyrinth and Oliver responds to Sunjata’s random landing in the Labyrinth with a poised, theoretical question before mentioning perhaps to put a sign down for anyone lost within, and his gaze slips back down to the other man with a slight shake of his head. “I don’t think it’d work.” An easy response. “The labyrinth shifts, so it doesn’t exactly stay the same.” He muses, looking back ahead along the path they take. “When I landed, it looked very different from how it does now, the trees and what not change to make it seem different.” Shoulders rise and fall in a shrug as Haai darts from them to Oliver’s.

She sniffs before she settles in around Oliver’s shoulders like a scarf, wings outstretched along one of Oliver’s shoulders, while she kicks her back legs out in comfort. At Oliver’s offer, however, he nods. “I’ll keep it in mind.” An easy answer, knowing that Haai could be a real pain in the ass, and he wonders if there’s ever a time where he wasn’t around that she’d simply let him go off on his own. It seemed unlikely.

The question of how they met, though, insights a nostalgic look as he thinks on it. “I found her egg in the mud in the Outskirts.” He pauses, one hand leaving his pocket as he runs a hand through his hair. “She’s pretty brave so not much has scared her yet. She did bite me though right after she hatched. That’s why I named her Haai, she liked the name I guess.” He shrugs. He’d called her a shark and she’d appreciated it immensely, while he still thought it was rather ridiculous. “Not sure about jewelry, she messes with my bracelet occasionally but she’s far more interested in chasing mice.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There was another hum as Oliver thought more. "A sign could still be put up. Let them know that everything is okay. That they can find the way out, even if we cant provide directions." Oliver knew that he was a bit dazed when he first arrived. It could be a difference in the state of which the two arrived. Sunjata arrived at a lovely time with perfect weather and all his memories, meanwhile Oliver arrived when it was disgustingly freezing outside and snow was absolutely everywhere with zero memories. "Though, it is interesting to hear that the labyrinth has changed so much. Any idea why it does that?" Oliver wasn't short of questions, not at all.

While Oliver couldn't exactly see what Haai was doing, he certainly felt everything. He giggled a small bit, feeling the way she wrapped her way around his shoulders. She was quite the character indeed. He made sure to take note of each of the characteristics mentioned by Sunjata, nodding along. "What does Haai mean exactly?" It must be a word back from where Sunjata originally came from. Oliver contemplated more things she might like before glancing back over at Sunjata, careful to not bother the relaxing friend he had resting on his shoulders.

"She sounds like someone fun to have around...does she enjoy scratches anywhere in particular? I once had at least one cat...and she doesn't sound too different from him."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata shrugs to Oliver’s suggestion. It isn’t something he’d likely be interested in, but he supposes it makes sense. He had arrived confused and dazed and Lucas had stumbled across him, inviting him into the Devil’s Advocates immediately. It was an interesting experience, and he had gotten used to figuring out Caido on his own since then. At least, until Phoebe had stumbled upon him when he was taken a swim in the Oasis – and how things had devolved since then.

I’m not sure why it does. Perhaps it’s a trap.” Another shrug, but there’s the hint of amusement breaking through the gloomy skies that Sunjata has been projecting. “I heard there’s strange squirrels here too, but I haven’t been back to check it out.” Just rumors, things he’d read in the Atheneum, things of that nature. He hadn’t ever grown curious enough to look, however.

As Haai grows comfortable and Oliver asks him what Haai means, there’s a faint smile that crosses his face at the ridiculousness of it. “Haai means shark.” He rumbles, shoving his hands back into his pockets. “She immediately bit me and I called her a shark and she picked up on it I suppose.” She had, too, as he realized he needed to name her with Melita’s help and the griffin seemed less than inclined to pick anything than what he called her.

She likes to be scratched between her ears, mostly.” He offers unhelpfully, sending a pulse to the companion to be good which is only returned with indifference.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Okay yep. Talking about the Labyrinth possibly being a trap totally made Oliver feel safe and comfortable, absolutely. It wasn't like he now suddenly took a step closer to Sunjata, afraid of suddenly being separated and left to die. "Maybe we could look into it more...figure out if there's a pattern with how things change. Maybe all it needs is a little bit of love. I mean, I know I'd love to add some color to this place." There had to be walls that they could paint on, placing to add color and life.

The meaning behind Haai earns a small chuckle out of Oliver, but he makes sure to not move so much as his new friend was clearly very comfortable. "It's a fitting name, certainly. I like it." Of course Sunjata would name his companion shark. It was a cute name disguised behind a foreign language. To anyone else, it sounded elegant or maybe even daring, but now Oliver knew the true nature behind it. It was kind of like Sunjata, really. He was a man who could appear intimidating or unhappy, but Oliver believed deep down there was a sweet, happy man. He had seen the other sides to him, the nurturing and caring sides. Sunjata refused to see it, but Oliver just knew that it was there.

"I'll have to pet her in a bit, for now I'll leave her be. She seems to really enjoy my shoulders." There's a bit of humor to his voice. He doesn't mind it, not in the slightest. "I mean, don't I look so fashionable right now? I'll be getting dates everywhere if I walk into town with her on my shoulders." Just to add to it, Oliver started to strut a small bit, walking ever so slightly ahead of Sunjata. Once he stopped his act, he laughed a bit and shook his head.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Oliver’s thoughts on the Labyrinth and what they could do about it and learn about it grant a quiet nod from Sunjata, his steel eyes drifting over hedge to hedge, tree to tree, before he focuses on rye idea of it. “Perhaps.” But he hasn’t even figured out what to do in his immediate vicinity. The thought of tackling the labyrinth was something that didn’t quite inspire him like it might have once before, and he wonders if perhaps Jigano likely knows more about it than he does. A question for a later date.

As Oliver keeps Haai comfortable, the tiny griffin nestles in and watches from his shoulder, content to remain there until they find a place to stop. Sunjata, meanwhile, scouts ahead again for the clearing. “Very fitting, unfortunately.” He rumbles in a quiet agreement. The proof was on his hands, small scratches from her teeth and generally being a nuisance.

Oliver’s question of fashion, however as he darts forward and does a little strut does spark a quiet snort to leave the Korofi man, his eyes following the duo until they return to him, Haai’s green eyes bright and uncertain of what exactly is going on, she puffs a quiet huff of smoke over Oliver’s shoulder before she settles in. Sunjata offers a roll of his shoulders. “Green and blue are good colors for you, though I’m partial to blue on myself if I’m being honest.” Blue was probably his favorite color, to nobody’s surprise.

He looks ahead again spotting the clearing and juts his head toward it in a quiet suggestion. “How’s that one?” Steps pick up a bit of a pace to head toward it.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
It wasn't hard to notice the differences between the two. Oliver showed a large about of curiosity, one where he wanted to ask dozens upon dozens of questions, as many as he possibly could. He had so many questions about the universe and wanted to search for answers, not only for himself but in the best interest of others. It made him wonder whether the loreseekers guild was a good place for him, however, he also had a deep love for the arts. Most of his happiest moments alone had been spent through using art and even with others, a lot of his happy memories revolved around art in some capacity. Meanwhile, Sunjata almost seemed to know exactly what he was doing. Oliver didn't know whether the man was in a guild or not, but he certainly didn't ask many questions. He always had a plan and even when he didn't know the answer to something, he seemed comfortable with that fact.

Sunjata was someone Oliver aspired to be like, so when he found out that the man was struggling, Oliver felt it as if it were his duty to help the other man out. There wasn't much he could do, but he'd still try his best.

The blonde noticed Sunjata's reaction to his little show and scored it as a success in his mind, even laughing a bit at the puff of smoke coming from the beast on his shoulders. "Aw, you think I look good in blue and green? Guess I'll have to wear it even more," There was a playful smirk and he had to hold himself back from shrugging his shoulders, remembering that he shouldn't disturb the guest.

Up ahead, Sunjata seemed to have discovered a perfect place for them to rest. "It's perfect. Come on then." With a nod, Oliver made his way to the area and went on ahead and took a spot on the ground. He glanced down, clearly telling Sunjata that he should sit down as well. Of course, he made sure to sit down nice and carefully, offering a hand just in case Haai got uncomfortable and didn't feel quite as safe on his shoulders.

"Well, are you ready to start off the first bit of the surprise? On the outside and verbally, Oliver sounded excited as if he were exuding confidence, but on the inside he was extremely nervous, worried that the surprise would be a failure.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
They were opposites in a sense. Sunjata had spent much of his upbringing doing exactly that Oliver is doing now and it doesn’t surprise him in the slightest, but he’s also gotten to the point that perhaps he doesn’t care enough? He hasn’t invested enough into the random places here, and part of him craves the normalcy of a life without threading himself into the fibers of every piece of how things worked. All he wants to do is explore, find the place that best suited him, and then? Well, he had no plans.

No one to settle down with. Bad experiences from when he wished to, having her pulled from him again and again like a cruel joke.

So for now, Sunjata simply floats along the winds, waiting to see where it carries him. And at Oliver’s comment in response to his own about color, his brow quirks up quietly, questioning. “I’ll stick with my blues and blacks.” Though style hasn’t really been something he considered much as of late. Tossing on furs, dark colored shirts and leathers for jackets, boots of a sort. It was enough, at least.

But with Hotaru? Perhaps that might change.

The clearing comes into view and Sunjata makes his way there, taking a seat as soon as Oliver has settled in. Long legs cross beneath him and he leans forward with his elbows propped against his legs. Haai, now having noticed they’re on the ground, slips from Oliver’s shoulders to crawl beneath one of Sunjata’s legs to gnaw at his boot laces and he simply ignores her for the time, turning his gaze to Oliver.

Sure.” He offers, casually eyeing the bag again. He’s not sure what it could be, but at the same time he hasn’t given it much thought.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!