Training heat of the moment
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Apparently, from all reports that the potter had been able to collect, Halo was a harsh place full of hard people. Unfortunately, while Amun had his talents and charms, he was far from a survivalist and even farther from a fighter. Seeing as he'd run from his last fight and gotten stabbed in his last training session, he figured he should probably do better next time.

Which was why, when the sun had fallen, he'd made his way out to the Glade where no one could see him making a fool of himself. Once there, he punched and kicked rather ineffectually in the air, trying to figure out how Wessex did it. Unfortunately, he had no special blade, no weapons, no skills.

Harper
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HARPER
Even after realizing his previous nighttime activities are off the table, Harper hasn't been able to adjust his sleep schedule. He had flown by night for so many years, had even performed in the circus as a child more frequently in the evenings. But in comparison to the smog and desolation of his home city, Caido is beautiful and calming at night. Though he finds himself scaling trees within moments of leaving the Sanctuary, crossing branches with balanced feet that had known a tightrope before tennis shoes. He needs to fly, and there is so few places to do so here.

But as he explores deeper into the trees for sturdier branches to hold his weight, he comes across an adorably amusing sight below him. Another man, intent and focused, with terrible form but a fierce heart as he punches at the air. Grinning, Harper drops from his branch near soundlessly and begins to approach, though he calls out in greeting nonetheless. "Hello, there." As he approaches, Harper smiles brightly and rotates his wrists, prepping for a lesson before he can even consider it. He has trained too many young superheros, vigilantes, and street kids to protect themselves to not switch into the mindset. "Need some help with your form? I can give you some tips."
let your faith be bigger than your fear
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
As a man dropped from the trees, Amun whirled to face the stranger. The potter's eyes swept over the other man, and the Ascended decided he liked what he saw. "Well hello there." There was a wicked heat in his voice and a mischievous light in his eyes.

”You don’t like my form?” Amun placed a hand over his heart and staggered a few steps. "You wound me." Then he smirked. "I like the sound of you giving me a tip, though." Winking at the other man, the Ascended took a step closer. "In fact, if you insist, handsome, it might just be an offer I can't refuse." His gaze slid down the stranger's body, lingering on the other man's groin, before the potter's eyes swept back up to the stranger's face.
AMUN
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
HARPER
Harper's entire demeanor changes at the flirtation that curls around his ears and tugs him forward. His smile widens, preening and preparing for one of his favorite pastimes. "Your body may be beautiful but the way you hold it? Could do better." His grin sharpens and he winks playfully at the other man as he moves closer, shaking out his shoulders, grateful he'd stretched before his tree-climbing escapade. "I'd say to hold it against me instead, but we wouldn't make any progress that way." A tempting thought, one he punctuates with a daring drag of his eyes up and down the stranger's body. Ah, but training... well, he's a bit weak to that with how many students he has taken beneath his wing. It's a much stronger desire. Which probably says a lot about Harper.

Of course fighting and flirting aren't so different. A back and forth spar of words instead of fists. And perhaps he's being too bold, but Amun started it. So he drops his hands to tug Amun's back up into a prepared stance, rearranging his arms into the proper form, hands ghosting along his biceps and forearms to keep them straight and tucked close to his center mass. And then he takes his place in front of his new partner, his own fists rising and body loose and limber like a cat. "Alright handsome, time for a test. Where would you strike me first and how?"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Letting out a chuckle, the sound dark and low, Amun stepped closer to the other man. ”May be beautiful, treehugger? Again, you wound me. And it’s less about how I hold it than how other people hold it.” Then he grinned wickedly at the stranger’s next statement. ”Oh, so you have trouble making progress in that arena? Good to know before we get all sweaty.” There was a mischievous light in the Ascended’s eyes and a teasing tone in his voice.

As the stranger stepped around and corrected the potter’s stance, he arched his back into the other man. As fingers ghosted across his body, Amun made a pleased sound in the back of his throat. Unfortunately, the other man just had to go and square off. That was alright. They'd get physical one way or another.

Smirking at the question, the Ascended winked at the stranger again. Then, without a word, the potter snapped a kick at the other man’s groin, putting the full force of his body behind it. His technique was incredibly sloppy, but he was boosted by the night, and so he had quite a bit of speed behind him.
AMUN
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
Harper laughs at the quick wit, the way the nameless man trips him into accidental insults so easily. Body remaining at ease as he's approached, tilting his head the slightest but down to cast an amused glance at the shorter man. "I can't defend myself against that delightful mouth of yours," he teases back, far bolder than normal for him, but he's swept away by the fun of it all. "So I suppose I'll have to simply prove myself with my actions." Though his eyes are bright with mirth, it's clear the only action they're really gonna get is going to involve sparring.

He dutifully ignores the soft sounds and arches beneath his hands, if only for the sake of training, but he does smirk at the reactions and it lingers as they face off. The low blow is telegraphed too apparently, but with solid power and unexpected speed behind it. Harper's prepared hands immediately drop to his hips, open palms downward towards Amun's shin to stop the blow a little later than normal. He aims to push hard back down on the limb as it connects, hoping to throw the man off balance as he does. Then he bounces back, light on his feet, back in his ready stance.

"Good job! Fighting dirty will get you out of sticky spots. Be careful to keep your eyes on center mass, not where you're aiming, it telegraphs your move." Even just some general advice will hopefully be helpful, and Harper sinks into a trainer's mindset as easily as breathing. "Again." A sharp commend, one he has uttered a thousand times before.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Grinning, Amun spread his arms. "Why would you want to defend yourself from my delightful mouth." He pouted, though his eyes sparkled. Then the pout morphed into a wicked grin. "There's a lot more where that came from, mystery man." As the stranger spoke, the potter's grin turned into a smirk. "Actions do speak louder than words." He dropped his voice to a sensual whisper. "So what actions are you going to do with me." He winked.

However, whatever it was, it would apparently have to wait. Although he was pleased to see the smirk on the other man's face, the Ascended's kick failed to connect. Still, as quickly as he'd kicked it and it was batted aside, he recovered his balance. He began to stalk into a slow circle around his opponent, the movements more than a bit predatory, no matter that they were languid, slow, and steady.

Amun grinned again at the words and at the barked command, though he made no move towards the other man just yet. Instead, the Ascended just kept walking, limbs lazy and loose. His gaze drifted downwards towards the stranger's pecs. ”I don't mind looking at your chest. And I like dirty. Tell me more, man of mystery.” Then the potter hammered a jab towards the other man’s throat. Again, Amun put as much strength and speed behind it as he dared.
AMUN
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
"Who knows if you treat any passable man to such delightful promises?" he teases back, voice far too playful to make any real jab at the potential promiscuity of his new training partner. Not that he'd judge him for it anyway. Normally Harper would introduce himself after being reminded that he had not, but there's something appealing to making the other man wait in unsatisfied silence.

The other man, despite his shorter stature and playful attitude, is quite good at conveying a predatory aura as he stalks around Harper in a circle. He doesn't move, though it's tempting to keep Amun in his line of sight for safety purposes. Might as well tempt and tease with openings, he doesn't want to get too rusty himself after all.

The teasing forces a slight flush to his cheeks. As much as he's open to any and all gendered partners, he is used to being the initiator, not the one felled by straightforward compliments. The likes of which he'd never experienced back home anyway. It makes dodging harder, the fist clipping hard against the edge of his neck and top of his shoulder. His brow tightens, too well-trained to do more than expel air from his lungs in a huff, and he leaps forward into the open space Amun's extended arm provides to try and bodily shove the man backwards. His grin immediately resurfaces as he dances backwards regardless of whether he connects. "Now that was naughty. Don't distract me you imp I'm trying to help."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun was quite satisfied with the way the conversation was going, and he had no qualms about letting his companion know it. Winking at the stranger, the Ascended grinned. "So what if I do?" His voice was equal parts teasing and challenging. "You jealous? Want me all to yourself?"

As his fist connected, the potter smirked. However, he was in no position to prevent the other man from shoving him backwards. Amun stumbled away for a few steps before catching his balance. Pouting, his eyes glittered with amusement. "But what if I want you to be naughty too?" He stepped closer, eyelashes fluttering.

Then, the Ascended sprang into motion once more, dashing. His hand turned into a claw as he swiped for stranger's eyes.
AMUN
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
Harper grins, blooming beneath the teasing and flirting like a flower seeing the sun for the first time in days. "Don't put words in my mouth when you could be putting other things there instead." Okay oops too bold there Harper. But it's already out there, and luckily there's other things to focus on, like the throb of his neck and Amun's dark, laughing eyes. His shove connects, but Amun prowls forward moments later

He's not so easily fooled this next time, not when Amun broadcasts with the flutter of his eyes. Luckily Harper is an acrobat, and his spine curves backwards as easily as someone else would jerk away when unexpected claws swipe for his eyes. One leg lifts in counterpoint to his weight curving backwards, kicking out at Amun's chest to try and throw him backwards again. This time he follows up with a more offensive take, leaping forward when he's back to vertical and aiming his own punch towards Amun's ribs with a dark grin on his face. "As you wish." Time to turn this from gentle coaching to an actual spar if that's what the handsome stranger wants.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
At the other man’s flirtatious and forward comment, Amun chuckled. ”Just say the word, mystery man.” Then he tilted his head and winked. ”Though I’m far more interested in what you can put into me.” The potter’s tone was downright sinful.

The swipe missed, and for his trouble the Ascended got the stranger’s foot to Amun’s chest. He staggered back a few steps, and before he could recover, the other man had followed up with a punch to the potter’s ribs.

He didn’t grunt, didn’t so much as make a sound at the stranger’s assault. Instead, Amun just grinned. "Whatever I want, then?" Then he hammered his head forward, hoping to headbutt the other man in the face with as much force as the Ascended could muster.
AMUN
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
Harper can't help but sputter wordlessly, cheeks flush with pink. He can't say he's charmed but he's definitely enticed if nothing else. It heats his blood as surely as the adrenaline, though that's far easier to focus on than the forthright invitations the man offers. Except when he kicks, when his fist lands hard and solid on the man's ribcage, there's no sharp exhalation of air. Harper's gaze goes from playful to calculating, sharpening on the shorter man as he tries to make sense of the lack of reaction.

The grin only drives home his confusion, delaying him as he tries to jerk back. Amun's forehead cracks down hard on his chin nonetheless - hah, short bastard - and Harper reacts instinctively at the sharp pain that temporarily floods out his nerve endings. His fist comes up towards Amun's face, hoping to catch him on the downward motion or at least scare him into backing up. Can't ruin the merchandise after all. Harper leaps backward, cradling his chin with a grin unbefitting the pain he's in. "Are you this mean in bed, handsome?" That one will certainly bruise, maybe he should get Amun to kiss it better.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
As the other man's fist rocketed towards Amun's face, his eyes widened. He tried to jerk out of the way, but only succeeding on taking the blow on his cheek instead of the nose. Again, he didn't show any signs of pain (because it was nonexistent), though this time he retreated, swaying out of the stranger's reach.

Turns out the Ascended's retreat was unnecessary, as the other man leapt away as well. At the stranger's quest, the potter licked his lips and winked. "Only one way to find out, mystery man." His tone was obviously lustful, though also teasing. Grinning, Amun began to back away slowly. Although he was moving away, it looked strangely like a stalk, only in reverse.
AMUN
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
The ache of a landed blow across his knuckles is a pain that Harper knows well, so familiar to him that it scarcely registers any longer. Instead his attention is rapt upon Amun's reaction, the lack of a pained crease between the brows or tight in the corners of the eyes. It drives him wild with curiosity, with the need to know that he has never been able to shake. So when Amun retreats, swaying like a reed in the wind and enticing Harper forward like an eager stalking cat, he doesn't bother to resist the desire to follow.

He doesn't bother responding with more than a dazzling grin, pacing after Amun without ever really eating up the ground between them. Orbiting around each other without ever touching. "First time I've been lured into the dark woods, I'll say." His teasing is dark and throaty, and all the more hilarious for the fact that it's a total lie. Harper has been lured into far stranger things than dark woods in his lifetime. At least this time seems to promise something fun and pleasurable at the end of the line.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3