"no thank you" is how it should've gone
For Edrei
Asavvi Kouris
Weaver

Age: 27 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
They walked arm in arm, the closeness of their bodies sending constant little tremors through Asavvi’s insides. Every time the skin of their arms shifted against one another, every time hips brushed with their steps had the effect of slow strokes on a skittish animal: calming, coaxing.

It was easy to listen to Edrei fill the silence, the chatter so bright and animated and mundane that it created a glowy little bubble (within the literal bubble) where nothing seemed quite so dire, or quite so permanent as it might if Asavvi had been allowed to hyperfixate on what-ifs and what-nows.  She picked up bits and pieces about other girl’s family and her new little bobcat, her life before and since coming here. Edrei so obviously cared for her family; that the idea of family not coming first was so obviously a source of consternation endeared her to Asavvi more that almost anything could.

When the conversation circles to her, Asavvi talked back, perhaps not as openly as her new companion, but letting Edrei’s questions steer her. She talked about her home, born and raised in a desert oasis. The fact that her parents had passed some years before was touched on but Asavvi out of habit offered no detail just that she and her twin brother had taken charge of the little ones and they’d moved. She could feel her throat begin to close at the thought of her family and to quickly dropped the subject in favor of explaining her work. It was easier to talk about her work, not so dear to Asavvi’s heart as her family but that only meant it was no cause for grief or fear or delicate hope.

The safe subject helped her to relax again; and though she’d probably never quite be able to match the shorter girl’s chatty ease, there was animation enough in her voice to convey a real enjoyment of what she did. She explained in simple terms how she used a loom to weave fibers into cloth about using different plants and minerals to dye them even holding up her hands to show the blue stains on the tips of her fingers. ”This one doesn’t look so bad actually, and it fades in a few days. There’s a root I’ve used, it makes a gorgeous yellow dye but it makes my hands look sickly for weeks!” She trails off, looking curiously around the Sanctuary. There’s evidence of rubble and ancient winding streets with signs here and there of recent reclamation, of people rebuilding interrupted lives.
asavvi
teach my skin those new tricks
warm me up with your lips
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
edy
stage direction: insert some heavily audio-engineered pop beat heard at least 3 drinks in
Anxiety was not something with which Edy was particularly well acquainted. Being a Launceleyn meant that her life had been more or less planned for her, and she was merely an extension of something much larger and more important. With that mindset, really there was quite little in the world to cause anxiety. Edy was (obviously) not very high up the hierarchical ladder, but nor did she have any aspirations to be. She simply was who she was, did what she did, and was occasionally knocked unconscious by those closest to her under the banner of loving her. And so, whatever nervousness was tittering on inside of Asavvi went completely unnoticed, which perhaps might have been a comfort in itself.

Listening intently, swinging them in lazy arcs as they walked along as if straight lines were simply too boring for the teenager to endure for long, Edy would not and interject here and there. Raising younger ones? Yes. Edy knew all about that. Her family had used rather archaic means of instilling fear into those who did not learn as fast as the others, but for all of her explosive energy, Edy found patience was usually a much better teacher.

Edy couldn't give a fuck about fabrics or weaving, but she liked the way Asavvi's voice sounded and how she had seemed to relax into the rhythm of describing what it was she did and how she went about doing it. Glancing at the blue-tips of her fingers, Edy chuckled slightly wiggling her own. "Doubt I'd have the same problem." She chuckled, grabbing for Asavvi's hand with cat-like grace to interlace her fingers if only to display the colour difference. The weaver was so pale compared to Edy that it was almost laughable; and laugh she did. "We'll see if we can't get you cleaned up." The teenager concluded once her laughter had faded.

"Welcome to the housing part of this place. I think they refer to it as the Domiciles which seems a bit redundant if you ask me, but.." Edy shrugged. "Come on. I'm over here." So saying, Edy wound them through the streets to a rather large house. Opening the door (with no key), Edy barged her way inside to reveal an immaculately clean by basically empty home. "I'm not an asshole." Edy clarified looking over her shoulder. "I didn't pick a big house to be a dick. More of my family was supposed to be here and stay with me and then...uhmmm.." Trailing off, Edy bit her lower lip and internally cringed. Just the thought of how she'd left things with Loren made her want to scream and cry and break all sorts of noisy glass things, but now wasn't the time for that (or...was it?)