[GGE] something bartered (open)
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Alrighty then. Amun had drawn a name he didn’t know. Apparently, Sunjata was both a weirdo and an alcoholic, if his list of requests was anything to go by. Something blue? If the potter had been from Earth, he might’ve asked who the lucky fellow was. Cause wedding. Luckily, he could fulfill it fairly easily, and never let it be said that the Ascended didn’t rise to the challenge. Except for the whole non-working genitalia thing.

Weapons weren’t really the potter’s style, but he could fulfill the other two things. It hadn’t taken long to stumble upon someone who sold wines. It had required a bit of haggling, but Amun had managed to get the vintner to part with some blueberry wine in exchange for some clay containers to store future wines in.

Seeing as he’d been planning to make one of those for this Sunjata fellow anyway, that was simple enough to agree to. Making one versus making five wasn’t all that much work. Besides, he could use the best one for the gift and give the shitty ones to the vintner. After agreeing to return at the end of the next day, Amun had returned to his studio.

While there, he’d grabbed five large chunks of clay. Grabbing a bucket of water, he brought the clay and the water over to his kick wheel. One of the chunks was placed on the wheel, the other to one side. That done, he dipped his fingers in the water. Only then did he kick the wheel into motion.

Placing his hands on the wheel, he pressed his thumbs in the center to hollow it out. Adding more water as necessary, he used his palms and his fingers (pinching and cupping and massaging like it was a lover) to shape the clay in the distinct shape of an amphorae, wide bodied and narrow necked. He repeated the process with the other four lumps, then placed them all on a shelf—one that he’d installed himself—to dry. He’d wait for a day before doing the finer work and the handles.

So he went off for the night.

The next morning, he came back earlier than he usually did, before it was even light. Settling in, he grabbed some more clay, rolling it out into cylinders. He was so focused on the work, losing himself in the repetitive and increasingly familiar motions, that he lost track of his surroundings.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
i'm not the man they think i am at home
Remi hadn't noticed the potter's shop if only because he rarely ventured into the domiciles much. Mostly keeping to the settlement and the row of shops and the market therein, it was only mere happenstance that he found himself strolling towards the row of houses. More seemed to be happening here than it had when they first arrived; the bar was here now, Phoebe's clinic, many underground ventures, and now this studio.

Hearing the sound of a potter's wheel within, the gentle whirring immediately catching his interest, the alchemist turned towards the shop. "Hallo?" He called out, sunlight only just now beginning to filter down through the clouds, softly illuminating the dusty street.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun had moved on from rolling out the clay that would eventually turn into handles. He had  just begun trimming the amphorae from yesterday, marking it at precisely spaced intervals, while it spun on the wheel. At the sound of the man’s voice, however, he lifted his small brush and watched the eventual amphorae come to a full halt. Only then did he turn towards the potential customer.

Grinning a bit wickedly when he saw who it was, the potter stood from the stool he’d been perched on. He was splattered with clay, and his hands were covered with it, but he didn’t move to clean himself up. ”Well hello Curly. Long time no see.” There was a mischievous light in the Ascended’s eyes. ”You here for business or pleasure?” He winked on the last word.
AMUN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
As a fellow artisan the alchemist didn't shy away from the state of the potter; Remi rarely looked any different, though he was normally covered in ink and grease rather than clay. Tilting his head a bit at the nickname and then recalling it was how Amun had addressed him while they were preparing the guild, he chuckled politely. Frowning through the slight flush of embarrassment that the ascended's wink caused, Remi merely shook his head.

"Exploration, I think." He countered with a wry smile, before glancing around the smallish studio. "I did not even know that this existed until just now." With the eye of one ever interested in the doings and makings of others, Remi cast his sea-glass stare around the interior, marveling at the tools and creations he saw therein. "You are a potter, then?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
At the other man’s downright adorable reactions to the nickname and the wink, Amun grinned. It had a great deal of wickedness in it. As did his voice. ”And just what were you hoping to find in your explorations, Curly?” Remi’s observation that he didn’t know about the studio elicited a chuckle from the Ascended, the sound dark and low. ”Well, I just finished building it, so I guess that’s not surprising. Disappointing, though.” He pouted, though his eyes sparkled with mischief.

When the other man glanced around, he’d see a kiln, the kick wheel, a small cot in the corner, and shelves that were empty of pretty much anything but a few half-made amphorae and some unworked clay. His question caused the potter to smirk. ”Oh I’m so much more than a potter.” However, seeing as Remi wasn’t here for business or pleasure, Amun decided to resume working.

Taking his seat, he picked up the small brush. Then he kicked the base of the wheel, setting it spinning once more. Kicking periodically, he raised the brush and continued trimming his current project.
AMUN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Averting his eyes, happy to take in the sights of the pottery studio rather than the heated look on Amun's voice (he couldn't do anything about the tone of his voice of course), the alchemist cleared his throat slightly. "Oh the usual. Strange creatures threatening to burn down the settlement. A new source of sickness to kill us all. Maybe even a new god to curse me. Which is all just to say, the usual." The alchemist's accent made his words sound more easy and free than they otherwise might have been.

"Ahh well. You should speak to Deimos about joining the Artisan's Guild. I expect you would get more traffic then." Strangely, it felt good to speak of his former guild, the lack of responsibility and obligation a happy thing.

Despite their obvious differences, the sparse workshop and the bed in the corner made Amun a great deal more likable to the alchemist. It was a setting he knew well, and then humbleness of it was reassuring. Ignoring whatever it was buried in the words, Remi moved to stand behind Amun, watching intently over his shoulder. "A commissioned piece? Or just...what your hands feel like making?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
As Remi listed off all the horrible things he’d encountered, Amun’s eyebrows rose. ”I didn’t know you had a sense of humor, Curly. Or such bad luck.” He chuckled, then winked at the other man. ”I’ve just been attacked by monsters multiple times. Still, sounds about right for Caido.” The potter grinned. ”I’d offer you my usual way to relieve stress, but if memory serves me, you’re not interested.” There was a gently teasing tone in his voice, and not a hint of flirtation.

The trimming was done, so the Ascended let the wheel come to a halt. Chuckling again, he winked at Remi. ”Way ahead of you Curly. I’m already a member. The big guy was kind enough to make my kiln for me in exchange for joining.” Amun tilted his head, mischievous eyes twinkling. ”Think we should get uniforms or something? I’m sure I can design something flattering. For me at least.” Standing up, he gently picked up the trimmed clay and replaced it with an untrimmed amphorae.

Grinning at the question, he shrugged. ”A little bit of both.” Kicking the wheel back into motion, he started trimming from the bottom up again. ”A group of us are participating in a gift exchange. I got someone who wanted weapons, something blue, or alcohol. Since I don’t do weapons, I figured I’d make him a blue amphorae with blueberry wine. The other amphorae are for the vintner.” The words came out distractedly, without a hint of the playfulness that was practically Amun’s trademark. He was too focused on his task to pay much attention to the words leaving his lips.
AMUN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
“Oh have you marked me so easily then? Off of a few hours of LongNight prep?” The alchemist chuckled back, finding banter far more easy to endure and reply to than the potter’s naturally (?) flirtatious air. At least he assumed it was natural and not intentional. That said, there might not have been a hint of flirtation in Amun’s tone but the words were weighty enough to make the alchemist clear his throat as subtly as he could. “Walking works fine for me.” He said once his tongue felt less tied.

Then the potter winked at him and the alchemist looked away unhappily once more, though he smiled faintly and nodded to hear that Amun was a guild member. “Welcome to the club.” He said, hazarding a glance back as if expecting at any moment for Amun to be fully naked or something else equally absurd. “Pottery and working with fabrics? The guild is lucky to have you then.”

Honestly, for how crude Amun had come off early the alchemist was humbled to hear him speak so; the technical jargon rolled off his tongue easily, indicating that pottery wasn’t something he’d recently fallen into. “A gift exchange?” Interest piqued, Remi tilted his head slightly.. “Well...In another world, and other life really, I was a weapons creator if you would like to add to your gift.” He offered with a bashful and boyish half-shrug, not wanting to intrude or suggest that Amun’s gift wasn’t enough, but ever helpful. “Vintner?” Remi likely should hav been more familiar with the world given his hobbies, but the look of confusion on his features indicated he had no idea what it was Amun meant.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun smirked. ”You’d be surprised how often first impressions turn out to be right, Curly.” When Remi mentioned that the only exercise he needed was walking, the potter shrugged. ”To each their own.” Then a mischievous light entered into his eyes as they flicked towards the ring on the other man’s finger. ”Though I’m sorry your marriage isn’t doing it for you.” The Ascended chuckled, the sound dark and low.

”Thanks. And they are.” Waggling his eyebrows, Amun grinned. Lifting the second, now trimmed piece, he replaced it with another and started the process all over again. However, before he kicked the wheel into motion, he shot Remi a considering glance. ”Weapons dealer? Wouldn’t have pegged that for you, Curly. Maybe there is more to you than meets the eye.” The Ascended’s eyes swept up and down the other man’s body.

Then the potter got back to work, his voice once again distracted. ”Well. Maybe I should hit you up for a weapon some time too. But if you want to help me make a present for Sunjata, be my guest. I don't know if you know him, and I have no idea what he’d want, but put it in a blue sheathe and we can call it a day.” His brush swept up and down the clay. "Winemaker."
AMUN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I will take your word on that." Remi replied with an uncertain shrug, preferring to be as nonjudgmental as possible, though finding himself failing at it more and more as of late.

Rather than being offended, the alchemist merely laughed. "Much as love songs might disagree, love and marriage does not in fact solve all problems." Though it did make the world much, much easier to bear. Even so, Remi wouldn't subject Ronin to all of his frustrations and worries, pent-up or otherwise. His husband was a shoulder to lean on, not a crutch.

"Mmm, not by choice." The alchemist agreed with a nod. In other context he might have said he was good with his hands, though present company (eyebrows and winks included), he thought better of it. Indeed, as Amun gave him an appraising sort of look, Remi crossed his arms across his chest uncomfortably. 'I just like building and designing things." He replied eventually in a flat, boring tone.

At the mention of Sunjata, the alchemist grinned "I do know him." And the alchemist thought perhaps he knew a few things about the man as well. Pondering for a moment, he nibbled the inside of his lip. "Sheath implies a sword or dagger..but what if it was something else? I could add blue jewels if that suffices?"

Winemaker. "Ahh." Remi chuckled with a bashful blush.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun chuckled at Remi’s comment about marriage as the Ascended swapped his amphorae yet again. ”I agree, Curly. Sometimes love and marriage cause more problems than they solve.” He glanced at the other man and grinned before the potter kicked his wheel into motion again.

Although most of his attention was focused on trimming the clay, he looked up periodically as Remi spoke. ”Nothing wrong with that! Sounds like you’re in the right guild for it, too.” Pausing to make sure the latest clay was completed, he nodded in approval before setting it aside. ”So tell me, Curly. What sorts of things do you like to build and design by choice?” His tone was cheerfully teasing and his eyes sparkled.

Grinning even more delightedly at the revelation that the former (and maybe current) weapons maker knew Sunjata, Amun rubbed his hands together, heedless of the clay between his palms. However his eyebrows rose. ”Well, if you’ve got jewels lying around and you’re willing to spare them, be my guest! As for the weapon, I’ll leave that to the expert.” It was clear how pleased he was by this development.
AMUN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist merely shrugged at that, offering no comment. While it might be true, Remi hadn't married Ronin to solve problems. He'd married him because there was nothing else to do but promise his life to the Fallen Star.

Watching Amun continue to work, Remi hummed thoughtfully. "Things to look at the stars with." He said, almost secretively though of course it wasn't a secret at all.

"Not laying around, exactly..." Remi said with a laugh, before biting at the inside of his lip as he stepped back from the potter to give himself space. Holding out one of his hands, he looked at it for a moment trying to gauge how much larger Sunjata's would be. Closing his eyes, pieces and bits of creation magic began to whirl before him.

Brass knuckles appeared, each inlaid with a shiny sapphire that glowed with internal light. When used, a jet of water would come from each, making one punch feel like several. Opening his eyes, he offered the weapon towards Amun. "It will not fit into a sheath, but I hope Sunjata likes it just the same."

Remi has made

Flooded Brass Knuckles | brass knuckles inlaid with sapphires. When something is hit with these, jets of water pour from the sapphires with shocking force. Made by Remi.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Actually, though Amun was swapping yet another amphorae onto the wheel for trimming, he paused and gave Remi an incredibly interested look. ”Astrolabes, sextants, telescopes, that sort of thing?” The potter’s voice was excited. ”So tell me, Curly, do you happen to know a lot about the stars of Caido?” Although he kicked the wheel into motion, he watched the other man out of the corner of his eye.

However, the Ascended to halt his wheel as he watched, wide-eyed, as Remi made weapons out of thin air. Amun gave the other man a brilliant grin. "Neat trick, Curly. I'm sure Sunjata will love it." Then the grin turned into a smirk as the potter reached out for the knuckles. "Do I get a fun toy too?" He waggled his eyebrows, as he set the weapon to one side. However, he quickly went back to work on the rest of the gift, wanting to make it worthy of the incredible weapon Remi had created.
AMUN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
To this list of family of synonyms, the alchemist could only blink vaguely. "None of them had a name where I came from. No one I knew was ever interested in them." Rather than being deflated by the idea that someone else had invented these things first, the alchemist looked positively overeager with interest now. "Do you know about them? How they work?" He asked with unabashed boyish enthusiasm.

"A little. My husband died a year or so ago and became a star. So I spent a good deal of time studying the sky." He admitted with a melancholy smile.

Looking pleased to have helped, the alchemist handed the weapon overly contentedly, before giving the potter a skeptical side-ways look. "Do you have something in mind?" He asked, genuinely interested. Despite having only just really met Amun, it would not take much for the potter to twist the alchemist's arm.