(GGE) oh i'm in trouble now (open)
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
you were forged in fire // and you rose from the ashes
murder and mercy rolled into one
Usually Sunjata hunts in his panther form – it’s easier that way, the ability to be covert and hidden with the dark furs that blend him into the shadows, the teeth and claws ready for ripping and tearing. But he needs to preserve the beast he hunts today. He’s been tasked with making a fur coat for Lily, the red head he’d met twice now – and well, when it came to fur coats he imagined she’d want something better than just strung along pelts of squirrels or the like.

So he hunts for a wolf, with the bow Deimos had made him at the ready and a quiver of arrows along his spine, he focuses on keeping his steps light. He channels as much of his panther form as he can, occasionally pausing to shift into his bird form to get an aerial view. But then, he spots a fairly small pack in the distance, returning to his form and following along until he can pick one off.

He’s not worried about the other wolves retaliating, imagining he can take them on should they attack so long as he shifts into his panther form – or he could also shift into his bird form and evade, fly high above their heads until they left. So he picks the best looking one he can see, a coat of silver with black hues, a medium sized wolf but enough to do for a coat of all things. And after a few attempts, still somewhat rusty but getting better with training and the like, especially with a bow that accurately fits his size and strengths, he manages to take it down.

The other wolves run off in the wings, and Sunjata waits a few moments before approaching and slinging the bow over his shoulder, pulling the knife from his boot and begins to skin the wolf.
which way is up?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
The silence in the surrounding area draws Wessex’s attention; ever a hunter at home in their woods, she notices the small signs that signal someone might have a kill. The lack of birds, the absence of rustling in the underbrush as everything that might be prey scurries away in self-preservation, lest the hunters get greedy. Whatever she expects as she strolls casually through the blooming, greening woods, it isn’t Sunjata and a dead wolf. Wolves are quite rare here - she’s actually a little impressed that he’s managed to find the pack and bring one down.

And hey, maybe now that she’s no longer Queen and trying not to get people killed - maybe, just maaaaybe they can get along.

Coming up behind the Outlander, cloak hood up despite the growing cover and her increasing resilience to sunlight, Wessex calls out to the man. “Not bad. Not bad at all.”

{i\'m sorry this is shit x.x}
black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
He supposes he should expect company, but what he doesn’t expect is the silent arrival. He hasn’t noticed her as he carves the skin of the wolf from the body with his knife, pulling the arrows from the creature and cleaning them the best he can for the time being, focused on the task at hand. And Wessex startles him slightly, body stilling, heart thundering, before he looks over and spots her not too far away, but far enough.

The ex-Queen. The Wraith.

She’d be right in her assumptions that he doesn’t mind her as much when she isn’t bossing him around, the title and weight of a crown behind it. And he gives a small wry smile to her acknowledgement. “Thanks.” He offers, sliding somewhat to the side to open up room for her to approach should she wish to while he works, carefully trying to keep everything intact. “How are you enjoying your freedom?” He asks her. He doesn’t remember much from the meeting – the hangover the biggest culprit. But he does recall that she’s no longer Queen.
which way is up?
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
They’ll likely never agree on how that night should have gone; what-ifs and how-things-should-be-done coloring the outcome. Wessex will forever insist that they could have saved the Rathskellar if only they’d shut the door and gotten everyone out of the bar. In the end no one had died because of that particular incident, so it wasn’t worth harping on. Not now.

She draws closer and squats down to take a look at his work, offering another set of hands wherever necessary, so that he might do the skinning delicately and to his satisfaction.

“More than I thought I would,” she answers honestly. “We were never a people with a leader. I like things done the right way... but managing people sucks. Especially you lot.” And there’s the truth of it - none of them, the Naturals that is, have ever had training to be a leader. They rule their own farms, they work together when necessary, and they barter, they live simple lives. Diplomacy was never a thing. The possibility of going beyond the barrier was never real. Their world turned upside down and she’d stepped up because someone needed to.  

“What’s this for?” she indicates with a jerk of her head. People don’t usually just take down a wolf for fun.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He allows her to help him in removing the pelt from the wolf, listening as she answers his question. He hasn’t ever talked to Wessex before LongNight, and he doesn’t really seem to have expectations in how she might answer – but they can agree on that tidbit, and he snorts in response to her mentioning that managing people sucks, especially them. And he looks over to her flashing a rogue smirk to her with a nod. “Not the first time I’ve heard that one.” He admits, before his snort turns into a quiet hum of laughter.

Sometimes the right way is different for other people.” He suggests with a slight shrug, working to remove the pelt further down the wolf’s body. “My father was a pretty big tyrant as a leader, pushed me away from wanting any sort of power so I don’t envy you in the slightest for it.” He adds, pausing briefly as she moves along and asks what it was for and there’s a light smile that crosses his face.

There’s a gift exchange for Fiat Lux I took part in. I got a friend who wanted a fur coat.” His slate eyes lift to glance back at Wessex with a light shrug, as if it wasn’t that big of a deal.
which way is up?
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
“Mmmm, different folks, different strokes,” she agrees lightly. Different times, different places. In Abasi’s world, she’d never have been questioned, in others, she might never have lead on her own. Who knows what would have happened in his world, or if women even had autonomy.

“We haven’t had one in three hundred years,” she says with a slight shrug. “Not an excuse, but fuck me if I wasn’t playing it all by ear. I’d do it again. Under different circumstances.” Why deny that she’d enjoyed parts of it? As much as the parts she’d hated, and yeah, sometimes power is intoxicating. His father can likely attest to that. But hey, she likes to think that most of them can attest to the fact that she wasn’t a tyrant.

“Oh, a new tradition? What did you ask for?” She’s prying, but doesn’t necessarily care. It isn’t something she would partake in, and watching the Outlanders alter the Festival doesn’t entirely sit well with her, but she isn’t going to say or stop it (as if she could). The Naturals were a deeply traditional kind of people, but with an influx out Outlanders, well, she supposes they can make some concessions now and then.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Wessex’s agreement surprises him a bit internally, though he doesn’t let it show. But if he could hear her inner thoughts, if he could see the wonder if women even had autonomy in his world, he’d be able to answer that easily enough. They didn’t. And that’s what drew him to Lusea, in the end, because she wasn’t like that – she had fought tooth and nail against the system his father put in place, while the rest of them had simply dealt with it, while the rest of the nobles had figured that was a perfect place for a woman, to bring children into the world and ensure the homes were kept clean.

The resistance hadn’t been anything like that, and everyone had their part.

But he’s still surprised when she mentions that there hadn’t been a leader in three hundred years, dark brows raising as he glances over to her and snorts at the response. “And then Zariah came along, right?” A tilt of his head as he pauses in their work to remove the pelt from the wolf, now almost completely done.

As for what he asked for, for the new tradition, he snorts. “I’ve never done it before, so I just… Asked for a variety of random shit, figured the person could pick what fit them best. Weapons, alcohol, if they’re creative maybe something blue, like a scarf or a shirt or something.” He shrugs, not sure who had gotten him or what kind of results he’d get for asking for a variety. But regardless, he’d find out, wouldn’t he?
which way is up?
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
She nods in agreement. “Then Zariah. And people who are used to having leaders.” Whether or not she’s implying that they still don’t need one, or that it was the Outlanders who made it necessary (they were doing just fine on their own, thanks!) is unclear, except for her tone, which screams her personal opinions as loud as the words she’s already said.

Wessex pulls the muscles and meat carefully from the legs, extending a pair of wicked looking talons to star to to hack into the joints. “Do you want any of the meat?” she asks without looking up as her weapons cut into the rest of the carcass, cutting it up for either him or someone else. Either way, it won’t go to waste?

Blood and gore begin to coat her hands but she pays it little mind, focused on her butchering. “And what keeps you busy?” she inquires, intending to round out her picture of the tall, foreign man.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Overrated.” He remarks with a quiet chuckle. He had always wanted to live a life where people could essentially do what they wanted, without leadership breathing down necks and dictating what they had to do. It seemed neither worlds had that luxury, and he hadn’t arrived early enough to change anything in that regard. Oh well.

As Wessex begins to remove the meet, his steel eyes glance over the claws that emerge from her being, amused and slightly surprised by the hidden talents the Ascended seemed to have. “I don’t personally, no. Was debating on taking some of it to trade. If you’ve a better use for it, take it.” He doesn’t particularly mind, nor does he care in the end. He’s here for the pelt that’s not clear off the body of the wolf he’s felled, and that’s really all he wants.

So he packs it away carefully to ensure it’ll remain in tact enough to get likely to Hotaru to change it into a coat of sorts, before he pulls a slightly larger knife from his boot and continues the work on the other side of where Wessex works. “I opened the new bar, but other than that? Not much. Just kind of focusing on that. What about you?” He asks, pausing to look up at her. “Found anymore portals?” The curl of his lip is a smirk of sorts, hopeful that she has, hopeful he can see the ocean again one day.
which way is up?
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
Her mind drifts to a family whose father has just died and so Wessex nods her head slightly. “I’ll take the two bag legs if you don’t mind.” Old habits die hard, she thinks, and she might as well continue creepily (silently) looking after some the people since no one else is. So saying, she does still wait for a sign of agreement before separating the two hind legs for herself.

“Oh? Where the Rath was, or…?” somewhere else? There were ghosts in the Rath. Echoes of a life that seems forever ago - memories and fights and deals made under the premise of friendship. She doesn’t know how she feels about a new bar (especially since he was, like, kind of instrumental in getting the old one burnt down), but maybe it’s ok to not know how she feels. After all, she imagines she’ll hardly be spending a lot of time there. You know, cause Ascended can’t get drunk.

Portals? Aha. She cracks a grin and mock tsks at Sunjata. “Now that would be telling.” As much as she might like him, he isn’t family.

Skinless legs haphazardly tied together, Wessex takes a look at the bloodied ground and whatever is left of the carcass. “Looks like we might be done,” she says, cleaning off her talons with her cloak before re-sheathing them in her knuckles. “Need anything else?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He shakes his head to her initial comment. He didn’t mind at all – like he said, he wasn’t planning on using it anyway other than the possibilities of trade. It’s not like it mattered much in the end, even if he didn’t have food to trade, he often traded labor and had gotten quite good at it, considering the muscles that lined his arms. “Have at them.” He replies easily, moving slightly aside in his work to make it easier for her to grab them.

The question of where the bar is causes him to shake his head to her. “Domiciles.” He rumbles, steel gaze drifting up to meet her face. “Lucas’ old house, actually, if you knew of him.” He doesn’t know how close the Ascended are, but he can only assume the ex-Ascended Queen would have known of the man. Whether or not she knew of the tasks they’d done beneath the home was another thing. At the very least, he’d converted it to something useful and thoughtful.

She cracks a smile at the comment of the portals, as he finishes bagging up the rest of the meat and ensuring the skin’s cleanliness before he snorts back to her. “Well. Worth a shot.” He begins halfway, gaze lifting again as he stands. “Once you find an ocean, though, let me know. I’m pining for it.” He gives her a wink before they finish up with the carcass and whatever else remained.

Don’t need anything else. But if you need anything, let me know. I’ll be at the VlamVloed.” He offers, his voice accented much thicker on the name of the bar. “Thanks for the help.” He offers, turning to prepare to leave.

- FIN
which way is up?
SUNJATA