the first plague
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
half across the world from me
lie the lands I’ll never see-
Sunjata’s explanation caused Loren to rumble an amused sound, to match the amusement in his mind. Sounds like it worked out for everyone except the husband! Then, however, he couldn’t help the concern for his friend from spilling out, though he tried to cover it with teasing. You do realize you’re supposed to give other people the alcohol, right? That’s kind of the whole point of having a bar.

At the panther’s complaint, the summoner grew bemused once more. I’ll bet you’ve seen more than your fair share of snow after the LongNight we had. When the other man mentioned Phoebe, however, the Launceleyn grew deeply uncomfortable. His claws flexed, digging into the ground, and he shifted his weight from side to side. Did you ever make one? Try as he might, his discomfort was evident.
where I travel goes my heart
with me wanders my desire
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
don't be scared
you're like the calmest slit to my neck
He nods to Loren’s initial comment, steel gaze drifting over to the badger as the pulse of concern reaches him and he offers teasing instead. He knows it’s in good nature, that Loren just cares, but he’s doing alright now. Each day wasn’t a struggle as much as it was, likely because of the bar, but because he’s slowly starting to move on too. So he aims his big dark fuzzy head to bump the badger’s shoulder, a feline smirk crossing his wide face. Hey, don’t worry about me. I’m fine. And besides, the drinks you gave me were for me. He winks before settling and complaining about the snow.

And that trip to Halo was far more than I ever want to see again. He snorts, shivering despite being comfortable in the area. But as he mentions Phoebe, he can see in his peripheral vision as Loren’s claws extended in discomfort, wishing he hadn’t brought it up in the first place – but so much of his initial time here in Caido had been with her and it was near impossible to not mention it. I didn’t, no. I tried to get her to when she was blighted to distract her so I might plant a rose but she bit me instead. He wonders if Loren had seen that particular scar, hidden among his tattoos, but he doesn’t bring it up. So no, no snowman built. Maybe next year. He jests with a small feline shrug.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Loren let out a grumble, but didn’t move from where he had settled. No they were for the bar, and you. And don’t tell me who or what I get to worry about. There was a gentle ribbing in those words, less concern and more acceptance and trust that Sunjata knew his own limits.

As the conversation swung to more uncomfortable topics, the summoner did his best to regulate his feelings, make sure the negative ones either didn't crop up or didn't spill over to the panther. He knew he wasn't entirely successful, but he powered through the discomfort. Or we could kill two birds with one stone, help you get over your fear of Halo and build a snowman. There also might've been a little bit too much enthusiasm in the Launceleyn's thought processes.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
don't be scared
you're like the calmest slit to my neck
He snorts in response to Loren’s comment, conceding only a small amount due to the other man’s thoughts and the edge of the feeling he gets from it. Alright, fine. Next batch I guess I’ll share. A feline smirk is sent Loren’s way, lasting briefly before he recalls the chill and the snow of Halo, and the shiver that collects down his spine for a multitude of reasons.

The mention that they could go to Halo for the sole idea of making a snowman causes him to shake his head, accidentally letting a feeling of discomfort fall toward Loren in the bond. Not ready for Halo yet. Thought I might have been with the genie but… No. Not yet. He offers by way of explanation. But a thought hits him after a moment and he regards the other man with interest.

Though… Would you like to see what the genie gave me? He asks, hoping it might lighten the mood.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren let out an amused huff of air. Good. Sharing is caring. And good business I’ve heard. Standing up, he padded over to the panther to give Sunjata an affectionate swat against one shoulder. Then the summoner settled down much closer to the other man.

As Sunjata explained that he wasn't quite ready for Halo, the Launceleyn sent an understanding wave through their link. Okay. Whenever you're ready. There was a gentle acceptance in those words. I can make snow for you to play with using my water magic, if you'd like to at least build a snowman.

When the panther revealed that the genie had given him a gift, Loren immediately tilted his head. Of course I would. His mind was awash with curiosity.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Sunjata, too, reflects that huff of amused air. Sharing is caring. Gods I haven’t heard that saying in ages. He rumbles, a feline smirk sent Loren’s way before he shakes his fuzzy head. The amusement fades at the mention of Halo, however, and he grows a bit quiet as Loren settles nearby him after swatting at his shoulder – his dark tail drifting along the ground is the only thing that moves when he settles. He’s thankful… For Loren, how understanding the summoner is when it comes to it.

The mention of magic making snow and letting him build a snowman intrigues him, but he remains quiet while he thinks about it. Perhaps back in the Grounds? Somewhere that wasn’t like this, serene with the crimson waters nearby. Instead, he can show Loren the new form he’d received, and a small amount of amusement returns as soon as Loren says he would. Standing, Sunjata shakes some of the dirt and debris from his pelt, before shifting into his nyala bull form – great horned head lowering to the badger with dark eyes, a pulse of amusement leaving him.

Well, what do you think?
always have an escape plan
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren was amused as well. It's perennial. Evergreen. There was humor in that thought, yes but also a weird amount of certainty. Despite his upbringing and everything in his life to date, he truly, firmly believed that.

As the gratitude washed over from Sunjata, the summoner didn't respond with words. Instead, he turned a toothy grin on the panther. Back in the Grounds it is. Weirdly, he was excited about the prospect.

The panther stood up, and the Launceleyn did the same. He backed away, but then halted in his tracks as the other man shifted. Very cool. What the fuck are you? Loren trotted around Sunjata, trying to identify this new animal.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Loren agrees to test it out in the Grounds, and Sunjata bobs his fuzzy head before he ends up shifting – part of his mind still thinking over the strangeness of snow and how much he absolutely didn’t like it. But that was life, he supposed. A few things here and there that you had to tolerate among the great. So far, he’d found little in terms of great, but it was getting better as time went on.

Regardless, Sunjata shifts to his other form, horned head lowering the badger as he inspects him, trotting around the nyala as Sunjata watches him the best he can. A pulse of amusement leaves him at the question – a recollection that he had asked the same. I think I’m a gazelle of some sort. He pauses, shaking his horned head slightly and enough to set his swaths of fur dancing around his body. He drags a hoof along the muddy ground for a moment, as if to show how small his legs were and the strangeness of his shape before he settles. The horns are a nice touch though.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
Continuing his slow circle around Sunjata, Loren's confusion, amusement, and acceptance of the other man's new form grew at about equal rates. Great. What the fuck is a gazelle? There was still just a lightly teasing tone behind the summoner's thoughts.

As the former-panther now some kind of gazelle shook his head then pawed at the ground, the Launceleyn backed away. The horns are a nice touch, yes, very scary. It turned out to be just a preamble before the other man setlled down again, however, Loren padded right back up and plopped himself down right next to Sunjata. The summoner reached out a claw to try and feel the other man's fur.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
At Loren’s question of what a gazelle is, Sunjata can’t help but laugh a rumbled amused sound to the other man. Like a deer… But for warmer climates. He offers. They’d had gazelles in Dorobo, deer in Korofi. But Dorobo had been a bit more of a plains sort of location rather than Korofi’s own, and he lets his horned head shift toward the badger while he paws on the ground in thought.

As he settles and Loren settles beside him, Sunjata snorts to that too. Sharp too, actually. He offers with an amused sound and feeling sent to the other man. After a brief moment, Sunjata lowers himself onto his front limbs as Loren reaches out to touch him. Care for a ride back to the Grounds? He asks, allowing Loren the time to climb up onto his back should he wish to.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren sent a pulse of acknowledgement and understanding towards Sunjata. I see. I don't know warmer climes that well, and I'm afraid my knowledge of animals extends to those you domesticate and those you find in regular woods. There wasn't any upset in that thought, just a simple statement of fact. And those that are useful for summoning, but that's different.

At the maybe gazelle's comment, the summoner bared his teeth, though he made sure that the other man knew he was being playful. Try it. However, as Sunjata crouched down, the Launceleyn happily clambered up onto the gazelle's back. Thanks for the ride. Now onward, mighty steed! Loren's words were obviously teasing.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
A dip of his horned head is given toward Loren at the comment, and had he been in his human form there would have been an amused smirk that crossed his face. Instead, his ears waver, flicking forward to the badger. There is much to learn. He jests back, another snort leaving the nyala before he hums a rumble of laughter over the bond.

Still, he lowers himself, allowing the badger the time to latch on and climb up – and the badger does. Sunjata doesn’t move yet, not until he’s certain that Loren is settled. Then, he rises to his full height, another chuckle sent down the bond before he begins to head back toward the Hollowed Grounds. Hold on tight, knight. He teases back, but makes no effort to start moving faster just in case he loses the badger on the way back.

- FIN
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3