the first plague
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
half across the world from me
lie the lands I’ll never see-
Seeing as Loren had missed many of the initial forays into the Greatwood, and then had been in trouble with the Fae, and then had been busy with LongNight, and then trapped during LongNight…anyway. The point was that he’d seen very little of the Fae’s forest. And given his normally insatiable thirst for knowledge, he figured it was past time he learned more about the world beyond the Hollowed Grounds.

However, he wasn’t dumb enough to go haring off alone. He’d been spending quite a bit of time with the same people as of late, though, and he had realized with no small amount of guilt that he’d been neglecting certain acquaintances as of late. Time to fix that.

Which is why he’d sent a note to Sunjata asking the other man to meet at the Greatwood. The summoner was waiting at the designated spot in the form of a honey badger. He was laying on the ground, just basking in the sun a bit when he saw the other man approaching.

The Launceleyn lifted his head as both amusement and excitement pulsed through his mind to the link. Thanks for joining me, o Great Flooded One. He tilted his head. I notice they never said what you were flooded with. And I think you’re full of shit. The teasing tone was evident. Gentle ribbing completed, he rose to his feet and padded deeper into the Greatwood.
where I travel goes my heart
with me wanders my desire
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
don't be scared
you're like the calmest slit to my neck
He was absolutely surprised to get a note from Loren asking to meet at the Greatwood, in a place he hadn’t been before of all things. But he obliges, ensuring the bar was in good hands before he makes the trek. Haai remains at his side, gliding along the winds of the Greatwood while Sunjata follows suit in his own navy plumes — at least until they stumble across the honey badger in what appears to be sunbathing in a speck of light that trickles from the treetops. Lowering to the ground, he shifts into his panther form, trotting up to the badger in amusement at the comment given.

Really? You don’t know? He rumbles in his own amusement, steel eyes scanning over the honey badger. It’s obviously my Korofi charm that floods me. He trots closer, dark head lowering to inspect the summoner. So just here for a stroll or are we looking for something in particular?
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Loren let out an amused grumble of his own. Again. I call bullshit. As Sunjata came closer, the summoner reached up and batted playfully at the panther’s shoulder, careful to keep the claws from getting in the way. The Launceleyn gave Haai an affectionate look. Then he turned and started padding into the forest, following the distant sound of water.

A little bit of both, I suppose. Now that they were on the move, Loren’s eagerness was evident. I've heard that there's a really interesting pool at the base of a waterfall, where the waters run red. He glanced over his shoulder at the other man. How's that sound? Not wanting to get caught off guard out here, the summoner looked back ahead quickly enough.

As they kept walking, the Launceleyn heard the telltale sign of falling water. He quickened his pace, eager to reach their destination. He was rewarded when the trees opened up, and a pool spread before them, the waters indeed as crimson as he'd described.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
don't be scared
Well, he certainly would be right, but it doesn’t feel like the time and place to explain to Loren exactly why the genie had called him that — a Korofi name that not many others here really knew. He imagines they could surmise enough, given the context of the bar’s name but ah well. His whiskers flicker as the badger pats him on the shoulder, dipping his head slightly in his own kind of greeting.

At the question, though, Sunjata follows behind the badger at the mention of what they’re here for. To explore and find, it seems. Amused, the large cat follows the honey badger, tail sweeping along the underbrush they walk over to get near it. Sounds exciting. He hums with the feeling akin to a smirk before they break through the trees and his steel gaze takes in the new view before the two men.

He steps past Loren briefly, ears perked forward as he focuses on the water. Any ideas what might make it red?
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Change author:
It did indeed sound exciting, and Loren felt that way as well. He made sure to send a pulse of appreciation towards Sunjata, glad for the company. As they made their way through the woods, however, it faded into a wary, but cheerful watchfulness.

It turned into wonder at the sight of the crimson pool. Without fear, the Launceleyn kept moving forward, heading towards the edge of the water. No idea! Only one way to find out. There was a great deal of cheerfulness in his thoughts, along with his natural curiosity.

Still moving forward, he got to the edge of the red, which was coating a rock, then halted. Peering closely, the honey badger sniffed at it. Then he reached forward with a call and scraped at the red stuff. It's some sort of moss, I think. It came off easily enough, almost as if it was eager to cling to him instead.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
don't be scared
While Loren braves the unknown of the water, padding straight for the edge, Sunjata is a bit more cautious. Of course, he loves water and rivers and anything of that nature. But this water was different, coated red in ways he didn’t understand, wasn’t sure he ever would understand it. Reluctantly, he follows Loren to the edge, peering down through his reflection to spot the things Loren sees.

Steel eyes follow the badgers movement to the rock, watching the claw as it extends and scrapes it off, and his whiskers flex with uncertainty. It didn’t seem to be harming him, and so Sunjata approaches the edge again, sticking a paw deep into the water, watching as they cling to his fur there too where he’d disturbed them. It’s slick like moss is, but do you see any roots? He asks, wondering if Loren’s sight in badger form was better than Sunjata’s panther form.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
Sensing Sunjata’s reluctance, Loren sent back a pulse of reassurance. Don’t worry. We got this. Whether it was the summoner’s words, or simply the panther overcoming his doubts, they both approached the water’s edge soon enough. And they both interacted with the red plantlike thing in their own way.

At the other man's observation, the Launceleyn peered more closely at the substance. You're right. No roots. So not a moss. Even Loren's substantial knowledge of plants was failing him, so he gave the mental equivalent of a shrug. Seems harmless enough. Then, however, he tried to shake it off his claw. It clung stubbornly to him, though, and he frowned. He continued to shake, and eventually had to reach out with his other claw to tear it off, flinging it back into the pool.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
don't be scared
He isn’t exactly keen on diving in head first and coming out covered in the red stuff, looking like a tomato, but he doesn’t mention it to Loren. Not as Loren notices there’s no roots too and Sunjata’s paw is already covered with it. He mimics Loren as he withdraws his paw, shaking it here and there to try and get the lichen to unstick itself from him. It won’t leave, however, and his frustration is immense with it, glaring down with steel eyes before he starts to drag his paw along the rockery nearby to remove the lichen.

It does make for a pretty sight, though. He rumbles to Loren as he lifts his head to look along the crimson water, the crashing of the waterfall nearby, the way it seems to move and shift, change and adjust. He glances back over to Loren with a light twitch of his whiskers. If only it didn’t stick to everything.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
Yeah, the clingy red stuff was enough to deter even Loren. Considering that he could feel Sunjata’s own reluctance still coursing through their bond, the summoner backed away from the pool, settling onto the muddy ground instead. At the frustration and the growl from the panther, however, the Launceleyn lifted his head. Need help over there? The offer was genuine, but he was also amused by the other man's troubles.

I agree. With all of that. Loren looked around at the clearing, and his nostrils flared as well, taking in the sights, scents, and sounds of the life all around them. Still, he'd partially invited Sunjata along so they could catch up. How's the bar? He shifted position so he could watch the other man.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
don't be scared
I got it. He sends back to Loren with a small shake of his head, glaring back at the rock now coated in red and the few remaining lichen sticking to his dark fur before he rolls his eyes and moves over to stand beside Loren, following the gaze around the clearing before he settles and lays along the muddy ground, paws and claws stretching out to dig into the mud.

At the question of how the bar is doing, Sunjata’s ear flickers before a toothy feline grin is sent to Loren. Pretty good actually. He offers at first, contemplating where to start. It’s been a success, people really seem to enjoy it. Which is good, keeps my mind off of things. Some of the naturals have even offered to help out in the kitchen and the bar so I don’t have to be there all the time. There’s another mental shrug at that before he lets his gaze focus on the badger. What have you been up to though?
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
As the panther settled next to Loren, he sent a pulse of friendly affection to Sunjata. However, the summoner was mostly silent as he listened to the other man’s words. That's all great! Out of curiosity, who offered to help out? The curiosity was real, and it only deepened at the Launceleyn's next thought. And did you try the alcohol I made? If so, do you want more. It was a neat trick, and he wouldn't mind supplying more.

The panther's question caught Loren off guard, mostly because he had to cast his mind back to the last time he'd had an extended conversation with Sunjata. Mostly Fiat Lux prep. Oh and I joined the Loreseekers. Went exploring in Halo a bit. Spoke to Safrin and Frey. There was probably more, but for the life of the Launceleyn he couldn't remember all of it.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
don't be scared
Stretching out his claws again Sunjata pulses a hint of amusement back to the summoner. One of the merchants wives offered to help cook in exchange for her husband’s tab. A mental hum of laughter is sent toward the badger before he shakes his feline head and looks back at him with a twitch of his whiskers. I did! They were good. Didn’t get me as drunk as I thought they would. But I’d be glad to take more off your hands should you get bored. He adds with another burst of amusement.

He would like more, that being said, should the summoner want to.

My, you have been busy. He says after a moment, a toothy grin sent the badgers way as his tail flicks along the muddy ground. Anything of interest from Halo other than the genie?
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren sent amusement right back at Sunjata. That's good. Must've been some tab. As the conversation swung around to the wine the summoner had made, he couldn't help but feel a great deal of relief, though he couldn't resist teasing the panther. Well. I'm pretty sure it takes a lot to get you drunk. But I can probably make it more potent. The Launceleyn's mind was already racing, trying to figure out how and if he could actually do that. I'll send over another batch and see how it is.

Mentally shrugging, Loren tried to remember if anything had stood out about Halo. Not that busy. And as for Halo, not really. Unless you find snow interesting. The bored tone indicated that he very much did not find snow interesting.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
don't be scared
It wasn’t so bad at first, but she knew he’d spend too much time there. At least she also gets to be there to tell him to go home so I don’t have to. He offers the Launceleyn with another hum of amusement through the bond before he shakes his head. Still, he comments honestly about the alcohol that Loren had gifted him, a feline twitch of amusement leaving him at the response. It does now, unfortunately. Good thing I own the bar. He sends back, nodding slightly at the comment of trying to make it more potent.

It’s worth a shot at the very least.

His face at the mention of Halo and snow does scrunch his feline face up a bit, nose wrinkling and teeth bared at the thought of the snow. It’s too fucking cold. We didn’t have snow in Korofi. He trails off, looking over the red waters of the crimson cataract. Phoebe commented on making a snowman forever ago, and I had no idea what it was. A pulse of amusement at his ignorance before he shakes his head again.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA