Brush Fire
Open
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
You stare at the broken mirror
Shattered reflections of the past
I think we may be standing in the same
Shadows that have been cast
Zariah had been trying to avoid the Launceleyn Manor, she really had. But given the number of times her children had forgotten things there, she had to do a final sweep of the place on her own. She made her way through the halls and all the rooms, scooping up any items that belonged to her children and placing them in a bag she carried.

But when she stepped out back she was surprised at the mess she found. Flower beds were torn up, branches from trees had been knocked down, and portions of the ground had been torn up – all thanks to the effects of the monsters of LongNight of course. She sighed and shook her head, unable to bring herself to leave what had once been her home in such a state. So she worked efficiently to gather all the debris, planning to burn it once it was in a large pile.
ZARIAH

Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4 - Int:
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
You watch the woman work. It isn't clear to you what she's doing; you have a hard time separating out what most consider random junk from what's actually valuable. For instance, all the torn up flowers will still offer nutrients to what is growing beneath. Even the torn down boards and scraps of wood will eventually decompose.

Still, you sit on the sidewalk with your notebook, recording what Zariah does (and any instances of magic that she uses to do it). As you sit bits of grass and moss begin to creep up your folded knees, blending you into your surroundings.

sometimes i'm terrified of my heart; of its constant
hunger for what it is it wants. the way it stops and starts.

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
While gathering the last bits of debris, Zariah happened to spot the blonde out of the corner of her eye. It was intriguing, how she stared without any hint of apprehension, and more impressive yet, the way she seemed to bend the world to her whim. Earth magic? Summoning? Illusion? It could be any number of things really. But she wouldn’t address it until her task was done. She lifted a small handful of kindling, sending a small bolt of lightning into it with the other. The tried brush began to smolder, and with careful focus as she set the kindling on the pile of debris, the smoke turned to flame, and began to engulf the pile.

”Most people would consider it rude to stare, you know.” Zariah said at length, looking back over to where the blonde girl sat. ”Is that Illusion or Earth magic you are using?” she asked.
ZARIAH

Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Change author:
You watch with interest. Lightning was a fabulous resource compared to fire, and yet it always seemed so underutilized. Distantly you wonder if your upcoming repertoire of skills will include lightning. You think perhaps it might suit Kai better, what with sparking life into inanimate things and such.

"Are you making an argument based on mass activity or an observation?" You reply, your quill halting across the page as you fix a solemn blue stare on the dark-haired mage. "I am not using it. Though it is no illusion, the growth is quite real." To demonstrate you raise one of your arms where bits of moss and such have grown. Giving it a shake, the shrubs fall to clump on the cobblestones.

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
Well, well...wasn't she just the epitome of calm and cool detachment? She liked it very much. "Both." she said with a slight shrug, still looking down at her curiously. As she lifted her arm and the moss fell to the ground she raised a brow. How very interesting. "I see...a passive magic then?" she asked. Hm. It didn't seem particularly useful unless one wished to hide but...if one went about the world staring at things and people that might be exactly the point. "Why were you watching me?"
ZARIAH

Observer

Change author:
You nod in confirmation. Yes. Passive magic. While you find it slightly surprising this woman knows the word, it isn't enough for anything more than passing interest to flicker across your features.

At this you tap your notebook. "I observe." You say, as if that somehow has the ability to explain everything else. In truth you don't understand why everyone is so nosy or bothered by your role. What does it matter to them, why you do the things you do? Wouldn't a better question to be to wonder if there is any danger? If you are silently conferring upon them some sort of obligation?

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
Hm. Interesting. A passive magic but no active magic? How peculiar. Though that seemed the most apt description of the young woman - peculiar. She considered asking more questions of her but...well...did she really care? The answer was no. As far as she could tell, as odd as this lurking young woman was, and however unique her person was in the ways of magic, she was far from dangerous or harmful. Briefly her eyes flicked back over to the fire that burned the debris from Long Night before settling back on the young woman. "I see...well, if magic is what you are interested in observing, there will be a school for it built in Halo soon. Perhaps you will make your way over there." she said with a slight shrug, before turning on her heel to walk away. The fire was someone else's problem, and the girl would only be intriguing if she found herself amidst the snowdrifts of the Citadel.
ZARIAH

Observer

Change author:
As you can't predict the future, you merely nod at this. Perhaps you will. Though as it is, you know far more about magic than Zariah; more about it than any who will teach at this school in all likelihood. You don't say this of course, because no one has asked and, like Zariah, you're not particularly invested in this conversation.

Lowering your eyes to your notebook you make a note of this school. Perhaps Kai will care.

~FIN

Coding base by Sky!