it's not easy being tiny (open)
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
His paws pounded against the ground as he ran along the walls of the buildings. Never had he imagined how incredible such a basic act could make him feel. Nothing really could have prepared him for it. Despite how many times he had asked Sunjata how it made him feel, he never really expected what it'd to do him. To feel the wind push against him. While his field of vision was significantly different and he was incredibly tiny, he made up for it with speed. Somehow, his tiny fox body was incredibly fast.

Hopefully nobody was noticing him and how goofy he was behaving. He simply went on his merry way, running around and exploring things from the new perspective. He'd take random turns and see where he could slip through. If he made it to a dead end, he'd simply turn right around and continue on. There were no problems to worry about and life was great. Yeah, he probably should've told someone about him being an attuned, but he could do that in a bit. For now he wanted to get used to everything, so what better way than to run around aimlessly.

There were a lot of things he needed to get used to, which would most likely be very obvious, seeing as he wasn't entirely used to having absolutely gigantic ears, tiny paws, nor a tail.
lil one liner goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Well, the mud was still everywhere. Remi had tried to use some to make a few figurines for Aoife, but that hadn't worked at all. Instead the mud had simply reverted back to a blob and then determinedly begun to make a mess of things. Well, no one could say that he hadn't tried to make the best of the strange semi-sentient mud. Nor would they fault him for gathering it up into a large ball, which he kicked down the street.

Right towards the small fox, as it turned out.

Remi didn't notice Oliver given how small he currently was. Out of the corner of his eye he might have thought he was a cat even (if he missed the dramatically large ears, of course). Putting his hands in his pockets the alchemist began to whistle as he strode down the street.
we were ring-around-the-rosy children, they were circles around the sun
never give up, never slow down, never grow old,
never, ever die young

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Life is great, honestly. Minus, you know, the fact that he has to get used to having a tail and remembering that it will brush up against stuff....and the giant ears....and having paws...but otherwise! Life is great.

At least, it was great until he decided to stop for a second to rest for a bit and just look around. See what he could hear and smell. You know, test out the old sniffer and dishes that he calls ears. He heard it coming, yet didn't have the instincts required to jump out of the way before splat. The mud barreled right into him and he was knocked over. He let out a few distressed 'yip's and tried his best to paw away the mud, rolling onto his back to try and get rid of anything that would prevent him from getting back up. Yeah, he could turn into a human to deal with this, but that would probably make things even worse.

So instead of thinking logically, Oliver instead tried his best to shake away the mud, obviously very angry at whoever the HELL decided to fuck with his perfectly good mood. One thing he didn't know quite yet was that other people who were attuned could hear you speak through thoughts, or well, how well it worked. He also didn't know about the whole emotions' thing so basically he had turned into a beacon that was screaming out how angry and frustrated he was.
lil one liner goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The sound of caninesque distress had the alchemist immediately falling to a halt, looking around questioningly. Again he might have missed the small creature shaking away the mud (such was a rather common sight after all); it was only the sound of Oliver's voice in his mind that drew Remi's attention towards the small pale fox.

"Oliver?" He called out. And then, in a silent voice meant for the fox added, Is that you? Remi's mental voice was more thickly accented than his speaking was voice, given that he'd never tried to train himself to smooth away the syllables in his mind. Even so, curiosity and concern wafted through the bond towards the small creature as the alchemist softly made his way over.

Hands held out, palms up in a placating gesture, Remi knelt down near where Oliver (presumably) was trying to rid himself of mud.
never, ever die young

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
That voice. That voice. As the fox tried to get rid of the thick mud that clung to his fur he heard an oh so familiar voice. One that spoke his name first out loud, and then scarily in his head. Okay. Things were getting super freaky right now. It felt so weird to suddenly hear Remi's voice like. In his head? It would've made him shudder if he were a human. He had previously communicated with Safrin in this way, so surely the same would work with Remi? After all, the man had recognized him.

The voice came out quiet and full of embarrassment. Yes it's me....please help me. How else are you supposed to respond to such a question? Surprise!! I am a tiny little thing and I still have no idea what species I am!! Slowly, Oliver calmed down, but he was still caked in mud and looked absolutely miserable. Some dick decided to attack me with some mud....first time running around and this shit happens. Oh yeah. Should he mention that he's an attuned? Probably.

Oh yeah. This happened. No idea what I am.
lil one liner goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
You are alright. Remi thought soothingly, feeling the waves of upset and confusion wafting off of Oliver. At the mention of some dick the alchemist chuckled. Sending a pulse of amusement and apology towards the small creature, the alchemist reached out with his earthen magic to pull the mud from the pale animal's coat. I...may be that dick. He admitted with a mental hum of laughter. There was a clump of mud that I kicked away from my door. I am afraid I might have sent it skittering right into you. Sorry about that. Are you hurt at all? Remi might not have had healing magic, but no doubt Isla was close enough and could heal minor bruises and the like.

Nor do I. Remi answered with a soft shake of his head. With a more than humble upbringing, his knowledge of strange animals was quite limited. You look like this, though, he said. With a brief flourish of illusion magic, a replica of what Oliver was shimmered before him.
never, ever die young

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
That was something else Oliver didn't know, that someone could send him emotions or feelings or whatever was happening. He could feel himself beginning to relax, feeling reassured. Things would be okay, Remi was here. The mud was soon removed from his coat, allowing him to relax even more. Though, he wasn't exactly happy to hear Remi was the one who decided to attack him with mud, but he wasn't too mad when he found out that it was an accident, rather than a malicious attack. I feel sore...but I don't think anything is broken His heart rate was calmed down and he wasn't too stressed about his injuries. Remi was here and it'll all be okay.

With the mud gone, he was able to stand up and get a good look at....whatever the fuck he was. Are my ears really that big? Of course that's his first thought because holy shit are those ears massive. He gets a good look at them, trying to lift his upper half off the ground, but he hasn't quite gotten the hang of walking on all fours.

How do you do this? The all fours thing. Also, should I change back to a human? It kind of hurts my neck to look up at you from this height. Remi seemed pretty chill with the whole 'im a fox thing'. So maybe he'd be able to give him some advice.
lil one liner goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
i'll be here 'till we collide
I can call for Isla. She can heal that easily. The alchemist offered, not remembering whether or not Oliver knew that unicorns could heal. But given that the wounds were his fault, he felt compelled to offer just the same.

Mmm, they are indeed. Remi said with a laugh. You must have incredible hearing like that. As for walking on all fours? As someone who'd lived most of his life as a flighted bird, he too had found it hard. Instinct. I find that...the more you think about what to do, the harder it is. If you can let your mind go blank you will find your body takes over. At least that was how it had been for him in his various forms.

You can...or.. So saying (or thinking, rather) the alchemist shrunk down into a form only slightly larger than the fennec fox was. With a roguish smile, bearing small pointed teeth, the raccoon chittered brightly to the fox.
so crash into me one more time

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
That's right. Remi had Isla, the magical unicorn. If you would, that'd be fantastic. The fox nods his head simply out of habit. It's weird not being able to be as expressive as he normally does, leading to him awkwardly shifting his paws.

His ears flick at the the verification of them indeed being gigantic. Oh yeah, you bet I can hear tons of shit....a lot of stuff I probably shouldn't. Like I can hear through walls. I don't know if I like it... He could hear tons of things and it was incredibly overwhelming. Anytime that he wasn't focusing on something, he'd just hear everything crashing into him at once. It was nice to have Remi speaking in his head, it meant he had something to focus on. There's a lot I'll need to get used to. I'm trying to break in this new body thing... Was breaking it in the right term? He needed to figure it all out, for sure.

This form of Remi's was one he hadn't seen before, but it did make Oliver happy to be able to look the man in the eye. He wasn't entirely sure what it was, but he didn't mind. Taking a couple of steps closer, Oliver tilted his head slightly. His ears perking up quite a bit. This is so weird...to be like, face to face with you? But it's not quite you? Wow. I mean, I've talked with Sunjata when he was a parrot and a panther, but it was nothing like this. Talking as a human to an animal was way different than being a fox and talking to a giant striped rodent.
lil one liner goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Come on, this way. The raccoon tittered ignoring the minor time wobble, trotting down the street towards where Isla was probably grazing.

Glancing over his shoulder, the raccoon gave the fox a mischievous look. Breaking the body in huh? Well then you should thank me for nearly breaking it with that mud ball. There was a note of apology in his voice still, but now it was largely covered up by a bright joy. Oliver was fine and Isla would easily be able to take care of his minor aches and bruises.

Rather than the elegant stride of the fennec fox, as a raccoon Remi more or less shambled forward. Given how prevalent attuned were the pair weren't immediately shooed from the streets as rodents, but nor were they given any real priority through the foot traffic. This way! Remi called, picking up his pace if only to force Oliver to actually use his body. Climbing up the scaffolding on the side of a shop to trot along the roof, the raccoon glanced down, eager to see what Oliver would do now that he had to make his own way forward.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Rem didn't exactly give him much of an option, then again, Oliver wasn't about to argue. So, despite his body aching, he managed to follow after him, keeping up pace pretty easily. His tiny paws padded against the ground as he looked around as the two walked. Yes, thank you for nearly turning me into a pancake. There's humor to his voice, something he couldn't exactly show with his face at this time. The two did carry themselves differently. Oliver thought that Remi waddled a bit as he walked, meanwhile he carried himself well and cutely. He was adorable, after all.

Being adorable wouldn't help him for long, though Remi expertly climbed up some very steep scaffolding. Walking on up to it. Oliver looked up before attempting to place his front paws on the first level. It didn't seem like a good idea so he removed them. Bending down slightly, he sprung up onto the first level, scrambling a bit to gain his balance. He looked as if he were moving on ice for the first time, clearly nervous and not quite getting his footing yet.

It'd take him quite a bit to actually get up to Remi. Tons of scrambles and scratches against the wood. There was a bit of panting once he finally made his way up. Thanks for the help...my tiny legs clearly suck. He hadn't even really climbed it properly, having taken it in little baby portions.
lil one liner goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Pancakes are delicious. So you are welcome. Remi chuckled back with ad delighted raccoon titter.

Waiting for Oliver with a patient grin, as soon as the fox made his way up he’d find the raccoon bearing smile white teeth in a shit-eating grin. That, and the alchemist was on his back, lounging quite happily in the sun as if he hadn’t noticed nor heard all of Oliver’s struggles. Oh. You made it. Well done. He grinned, whiskers fanning out as he offered the fox another one of those devilish rodent smiles.

Come on. Isla is just over here. So saying the raccoon rose, scampered across the roof, and jumped down onto a garbage can and onto the ground.

Isla! The alchemist called out loudly. No sooner had he done so did the dark unicorn appear. Surveying the scene with a quiet pebble-blue stare, the unicorn flared her nostrils and softly shook her head. Waiting until the fox had descended, the unicorn would walk towards him with a gentle air about her. When she was near enough she’d lower her horn, pure white light spilling out that would easily take care of Oliver’s bruises and other soreness.

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Can't say myself....haven't had one here. I don't remember the taste of 'em. It was sad, but true. Obviously, Oliver mentioned it in hopes that Remi would know someone who could make him some pancakes. Oliver remembered them vaguely, so he knew that they were something he had once enjoyed. As well, he could picture them. The taste? No memories of that.

The tiresome journey up to the roof was met with a lazy raccoon. The fox would've rolled his eyes if it were possible. Unfortunately, it's kind of impossible to tell that. Gee, thanks. It's not like I literally just got this body. Remi may laugh but Oliver could get into tiny places. So HAH. He is superior in that instance.

Following after Remi, Oliver stomped his paw when he realized they were going right back down from the roof. What was the point of climbing up in the first place? To see him struggle? With a frustrated sigh, Oliver made his way down to the ground. This was a lot easier as he was able to just copy what Remi had done, only much slower. Eventually, he would make it down and soon he would be with Isla once more.

Closing his eyes, he waited for her to do the magic and soon, his aches were lifted and he felt good as new. Thank you, Isla. He isn't sure that she's going to reply, but he still thanks her anyways. Turning to look at Remi, his tail wagged slightly. So....now that I feel better....what now? Are there any super secret places that only people my size can fit into? Any cool things to do?
lil one liner goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
What?? The raccoon gasped back in mock horror. Well you shall have to come over one morning. Ronin makes them the very best. Though perhaps that was only because he wore an apron and nothing else. Would they taste as sweet if his husband was fully clothed? Perhaps time would tell.

Excuses, excuses. The alchemist chittered back brightly.

Not an attuned, the unicorn couldn't hear the mental voice of the fox. Though she did softly snort, appraising her work for a moment, before turning back to continue grazing. At Oliver's question, the raccoon sat back on his haunches, tail wrapped around his paws as he crossed his arms across his furry chest. If you are looking for mischief I am afraid that I am likely the wrong one to show you around." Remi replied with a mental chuckle.

As for secret places? Of that he knew very little as well. Sorry. I think you might have found the most boring attuned to introduce you to the world of it.

Coding base by Sky!