Mele Kalikimaka [GGE]
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
The Stonesong ran cold in Flowerbirth.

Cold enough that Jigano didn't want to jump into it in his fox form quite yet, though once Longheat came around he'd probably be glad for a cool swim.

For that reason he was standing on the bank with a rod made from a recently grown sapling and a string made from braided plant fibers and...

And that was where it kind of fell apart, because he didn't have a hook on him.

So instead he was prowling the edge of the water, blue eyes sharply focused on the quiet flow of the stream beyond, keeping an eye out for both shiny stones and shiny fish in the waves as his magic hummed and thrummed within him.

Isuma perched on a rock nearby, sunning herself in the clear, bright early afternoon light and encouraging her companion with helpful chirrups as she spotted for him further out into the river's flow. If they could catch a fish or three they'd have dinner for themselves and the scales could be turned to the gift he'd been tasked with making. Better still if they could find some of the pretty colored stones to work into the design! But food came first, and Jigano was too intent on his hunt to realize that he had company approaching.
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Hullo, Jigano!"

Your voice is loud and cheerful enough to likely scare off any approaching fish- oops. Still, you cannot be called anything less than enthusiastic, and the bright smile upon your freckeled face maybe makes up for your noisy approach.

You've been walking along the banks of the Stonesong (and sometimes within the banks, as evidenced by the slightly damp trousers currently thrown over your shoulders {that\'s right: you\'re totally not wearing pants}), hopping between drier stones and occasionally stopping to collect a particularly interesting one.

Now you settle atop a large boulder somewhat close to the grey-haired fisherman, leaning forward to peer into the water where golden fish circle near the surface. "Watcha doin?" you wonder curiously, your pants hanging over your shoulders like a cape, bare-assed as the day you were done. You must strike a rather alarming, if ultimately harmless, sight. Poor Jigano. Not again.
there's no time to be bored
in a world as beautiful as this
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Things hadn't exactly been going swimmingly before Kaimana called out, so though Jigano was surprised by the young man's arrival he wasn't particularly put out by it. Perhaps he could use Kai's help the way Ianto had once joined forces with him in a similar undertaking--

The bard looked up, blinked, and considered a selection comments on what he was presented with. Several were inappropriate, and a few others would likely be misinterpreted or innocently lost to translation by the guileless ingenue. He settled for clearing his throat and keeping his eyes on the new arrival's face with a smile trained to be gracious no matter the situation. "Hello Kai. Good to see you again." More of him than Jigano had expected to see, ever, but that was neither here nor there. "I'm trying to do some fishing, and looking for pretty, shiny colored stones while I'm here. What brings you to the Stonesong today?" Isuma peeped happily, rising to bounce into the air and flutter to the demigod's rock to make her own introductions with cheerful goodwill.
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
You settle down into a distinctly frog-like squat, your body steady upon the large boulder as you lean forward to peer boldly (and precariously) into the water below. The mention of pretty, shiny stones makes you perk up, though, your brown eyes wide with misplaced excitement as you remember your last real conversation with Jigano, and the value of knowledge and exchanges. "Oh! I got a lotta nice rocks!" you announce brightly, your strange choice of personal belongings finally serving some amount of use. "If I trade 'em to you will you gimme some of the Loreseeker knowledge?"

Yup, you've figured out this bartering thing for sure.

Plopping down onto the large boulder, you remove your pants from where they are tied around your shoulders. From the pockets emerge a truly impressive collection of little stones: some colorful, some oddly shaped, some glittering, some with no apparent features of interest that you deemed interesting for reasons nobody else will ever understand. "How come you need rocks an' fish?" you ask as you lay out your wares, not looking back up until a small thing lands in front of you.

But when it does-- "Oh!" you exclaim, awed and delighted, a hand extended immediately toward the curious little griffin, adoration all over your freckled face. "Oh, wow, another griffin! An' a snow owl an' feline one! You're beautiful!"
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Kaimana was just letting it all hang out, wasn’t he? Jigano kept his eyes up, bemused as he watched the cheerful lad examine the waters below. His mention of ‘nice rocks’ however had the bard perking up eagerly, and he laughed with good humor at the notion of a trade. ”Gladly!” he agreed. ”Usually I try to trade knowledge for knowledge, but today, for you, I’ll make an exception and accept shiny stones instead!” He was teasing only a little, knowing Kaimana would take him at his word, and he didn’t want to cause another misunderstanding that would darken their day.

”I’m making a gift for Fiat Lux,” he said with a wink. ”I put my name in the hat and drew a gift for someone who wanted pretty jewelry. I’m here for pretty stones and goldfish scales to make some – and goldfish meat for dinner,” he added with a wry grin, unsure how Kaimana would react to meat-eating. Some of the Fae found it abhorrent, he knew, but he was a fox at heart as much as a man, and meat would always be a welcome addition to his diet.

Not to mention Isuma’s.

And Isuma was very happy to make Kai’s acquaintance, pushing her head happily into his fingers in a brazen demand for scritches around her rounded feline ears. ”I take it you’ve met Haai, then?” Jigano asked curiously. ”He’s the only other gryphon I’ve seen in the past year and a half that I’ve been here. Ah—hold on!” A swimming shape had caught his attention and he reached with his earth magic to pull up a quick pillar of stone beneath it, knocking it out of the water and towards the shore. He didn’t have a hook, but he had Attuned talons which served to quickly gut the creature before it could suffer long in the air on the shore.
Scientist

Change author:
You have absolutely no issues with the eating of meat - predation is a natural part of life, after all. "Oh! I have a gift to make, too!" you announce, running your hand through Isuma's friendly fur and scratching behind her feathery ears. "But I'm not very good at- at things like that, probably." A little chagrined, you grin ruefully. Jigano should well know how bad you can be at social exchanges by now.

You're trying, though.

"Yeah, I met Haai an' Sunjata. She's my friend now. How'd you find, uh, this one?" you ask, trying to keep the little bit of envy from your voice. You'd like a companion, you're realizing, but you're also beginning to question whether one will ever want you.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
The bard was relieved when Kai made no fuss over his fishing (though he did appreciate the distraction of the task which gave him an excuse to look away from the young man's bare-bottomed ease). "Perhaps I can help you?" he asked courteously. "It's only fair, since you're donating the stones to me. What sort of item are you hoping to construct?" Perhaps he could use his magic to grow something made of -- no, that was silly, Kai seemed perfectly capable of growing whatever he wanted. Still, maybe the bard could be of some use to the earnest young man.

"I think Isuma is your friend now, too," Jigano said, fond amusement in his voice as Isuma purred at the attention and rubbed against Kai's bare leg. "And her egg was given to me by a... an ice fairy, or some sort of elemental spirit of winter," he tried to explain. "When the egg hatched, Isuma was inside." And he had been quite the concerned new 'father' to the baby gryphlet, running to Isla for help with how to care for his new little one! "Not all of the spirits are so kind, though," he warned. "We've met others who can be more than a little cruel in their idea of 'fun' and entertainment." And not all spirits handed out eggs, either. Some gave powers. Others gave pain more often than presents.
Scientist

Change author:
If only you had a better concept of human modesty and appropriate attire. Yes, you understand that in the majority of situations you aren't supposed to walk around without pants on, but today you've been wading and getting clothes wet seems like more of an inappropriate choice, and an uncomfortable one down the road. After all, human skin is fairly optimized for aquatic activities as it is. Why would you want to weigh it down with fabric?

Anyway. Even if you had thought about the lack of pants, Jigano's question followed by his revelation thoroughly distracts you. "My gift is for- hey wait a minute." Brown eyes widening in sudden realization, you pause your scratching of the little griffin to look between her and her bonded man. "Oh... Ohhhh. I, uh, I don't think, uh, I don't think I can tell you. What it is. Or for who. I think it's s'posed to be a secret."

Yes, and you are doing a great job keeping it.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Jigano wasn't quite sure how to treat Kaimana, truth be told. Man or child? But though the body may have been adult, the mind within seemed much younger and Kai had told him that he was missing memories that would be returned when his assignment was complete. For the moment the bard was just trying to take the curious young demi-god moment by moment, though eventually he wouldn't be able to hold back the question about the pants...

He hadn't expected his courteous offer to meet quite so much... suspicion? Isuma looked up too as the scratchings ceased, peeping piteously for them to resume, as if to imply that she never got scratches, and why would Kai treat her so cruelly as to withhold them now that she was finally getting some? (a blatant lie, but she was half feline, after all).

And then the truth came out. Or at least, the secrets. Or at least a very well-intentioned attempt at a secret. Either Kaimana was damn good at bluffing or else he had a secret to keep from Jigano, specifically. Which really narrowed down who his gift was for. The bard paused a moment himself and put on a solemn expression, nodding in understanding. "I won't tell you the name that I drew, either," he promised, seeking a way to keep them on equal footing, for Kai's sake. He turned his attention back to the river, seeking a sleek silver shape within the water to match the golden fish he had already caught.

"What questions bring you out to the Stonesong today?" he asked curiously while he fished.
Scientist

Change author:
You nod your acceptance of his terms with grateful enthusiasm, but the turn of events and the knowledge that you could let your secret out at any minute has you suddenly rather on nervous. Especially given how confused you already are about the whole thing, and how unbearably adorable Isuma is, and...

With all the grace of a young flamingo you rise quite suddenly to your feet. "SordyIjustrememberedigottago!" Then, before he can question and poke holes in your mounting, very weak mistruths (and while you still have him totally unsuspecting) you turn and bound back the way you came, jumping bare-assed from stone to stone like the world's most absurd ballerina.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
For a moment it seemed as though things would continue on smoothly after all, but Kai was not a man to be pinned down by pants or questions, it would seem. Just as Jigano spotted his quarry in the water and lashed out with another stone pillar to punch it out of the water, the demigod leapt to his feet. The young man's rise left Isuma peeping as she overbalanced and took to the air before she landed in the water, while Jigano nearly lost his catch as he stared dumbfounded after the shiny hiney in full retreat.

"I... guess... I'll see you... later?" he said in utter bemusement. The fish in his arms began to flop and struggle as the shock of the rock strike wore off, and Jigano shook off his confusion, killing it swiftly and carrying it to shore to begin the process of scaling the two fishes. Combined with Kai's pretty stones he had an idea of how he'd arrange the final pieces - a bracelet and earrings, he thought, peeling the largest scales free carefully - but it would take some time in Caiside's forge. It would be a bit of a rush to get it done before the exchange, but he was confident he would be able to make it work thanks to Kai's innocent help.

-FINISHED-