away you rolling river
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's a fire starting in my heart
reaching a fever pitch
Although Loren and Abasi had been spending quite a bit of time together, it had felt a little bit lacking. Not that the summoner disliked the nights they spent together (quite the opposite, in fact), but a lot had happened and they hadn’t really had a chance to catch up. Besides, he wanted to do something special for the undertaker.

So the Launceleyn had asked the other man to meet him at the edge of the Greatwood. Now that the forest was open to visitors, Loren figured it might be nice to show Abasi a bit more of the world of Caido. Plus, the summoner hadn’t explored much of the Greatwood either. So, trees and Fae magic permitting, they’d find a nice spot to spend the day.

When the undertaker showed up, the Launceleyn grinned. He was dressed in sturdy boots, and nice, but serviceable clothes. Although one arm had a basket, and the other was carrying a blanket, he walked forward, hoping to steal a kiss. ”Thanks for coming. I’m excited to steal you away for the day.” It was clear how excited he was about the possibility. ”I thought we could start by walking along the river?” The Stonesong was beautiful, and Loren figured they could find a scenic spot for the picnic lunch he had prepared.
and it's bringing me out the dark
LOREN
Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Abasi was not a man for 'gushing' nor great shows of excitement, but he had been looking forward to going out for a day with Loren. He loved getting to come home to the man, loved being together as they were, but a break from the routine, a chance to relax...it was the kind of thing he would have never allowed himself in his past life. It was another piece of the something new his life was becoming and he was excited to find it.

Appearing dressed in clothing probably too wrapped up for the mild Flowerbirth breeze, he readily returned the kiss upon greeting; with no one around to see, he had no reason to be embarrassed. "I wasn't aware I was being stolen. That sounds almost alarming." He joked, offering to take the blanket so that they could hold hands as they walked.

"That sounds good. I miss the river from my home." They began to head down the Stonesong and he looked over it; it was a far cry from his beloved Nile but it was beautiful enough, in it's own way. "Is it true there are..Fae? In this wood? Pixie spirits and so on were more of a myth from the Goths and Gauls, in my world, than anything real."
ABASI
it's sad to know that we are not alone
it's sad to know there's no honest way out
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
reaching a fever pitch
The kiss left Loren a little breathless and flushed, and he smiled happily. He easily relinquished the blanket to Abasi, their fingers twining together in a now familiar way. Letting out a huff of laughter, the summoner gave the undertaker what he hoped was a seductive look. ”Well. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hoping to get your pulse racing a little bit.” There was more than a bit of heat behind those words, and only a hint of awkward embarrassment.

As they started walking, the Launceleyn gave the other man a sympathetic smile. ”What was it like?” When Abasi asked about the Fae, however, the corners of Loren’s eyes crinkled in amusement. ”There are. Though if you call them pixie spirits, especially in the Greatwood, their home, they might toss you in the pit.”

He continued with a much more serious tone. ”They are powerful and warlike, and they don’t suffer outsiders in their woods. We are here on their forbearance, so if you come across one, be respectful.”
LOREN
Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"My...what racing?" Asked Abasi, tilting his head. He could tell Loren was trying to be seductive, smiled out of habit at it, but Ancient Egypt had hardly had a strong understanding of the heart and what it did.

To describe the Nile quickly was almost impossible; it had had a part in every facet of life in his world, had been the harvests, the floods, the social gathering point and a God in it's own right. Though Abasi found when he thought about it enough, he came up with: "Beautiful...and terrifying. All at once. I loved it." The view from the Pharaoh's palace had included the river and he had picked up a habit of standing by the archways, looking out over the women washing clothes and babies, the swaying reeds on the shore.

"I did not know the term would be a cause of insult." He admitted, glancing about the trees as Loren told him more. "I am surprised they let us in at all, if they are as you say. I know it was a matter of some controversy before...tell me. Do the Fae worship the same Gods as the humans in the Hollowed Grounds?" He asked, the thought suddenly coming to him.
ABASI
the Firebrand

Change author:
reaching a fever pitch
At Abasi’s question, Loren flushed. ”Oh. Uh. Your heartbeat?” He shrugged, more than a bit embarrassed. ”I was hoping to get you excited, is all I meant.” This time, his voice came out much more quietly and much less confidently.

Thankfully, he had enough time to recover as the undertaker consider the river from his old world. The summoner smiled at the other man’s description. ”It sounds wonderful.” Giving Abasi a gentle squeeze, Loren let silence ring between them for just a moment. Then he tilted his head. ”So. Do you know how to swim? Because I don’t.”

When the undertaker looked around at the trees, the Launceleyn let out a huff of laughter. ”I wouldn’t worry about it too much. They mostly keep to themselves, so unless you seek out their village, or do something to damage the Greatwood, they seem content to let the ignorant outsiders stumble through life.” This time, the smile he turned on the other man was reassuring. It slipped away at the question. ”As far as I know, they worship the old gods.” Loren shrugged, not at all ashamed by his ignorance. He glanced at the water, drinking in the sights and scents and sounds of life all around them.
LOREN
Undertaker

Change author:

"Heartbeat." Abasi repeated, clearly confused, but not wanting to question it anymore. It seemed like something Loren thought was obvious and he did have enough of a self conscious to not want to look stupid in front of his boyfriend. "You get me more excited than most...well, all, really, people ever have. You incite a lot of emotions in me that many fail to." This was practically romantic poetry from Abasi and he smiled, looking over at Loren as he spoke.

Loren's question made him laugh, frowning with a smile still on his face. "Do you...not know? It is a rather important skill, when you live in a place that regularly floods...besides. When it was an especially hot day, swimming in the river could be the most wonderful thing to do." It was one of the only times in his past life he had really let loose and enjoyed himself, especially in the company of other people.

"Interesting, that you all worship the same Gods. Though...I suppose when the Gods are as...present as they are here...it is harder for people to have differing opinions. There can be no non-believers, either." He wished he could go back and discuss this philosophy with the spiritual leaders of Earth, see what they would say, but he only had his imagination and memory. "Would you...said you lived your life by the will of the Gods here?"
ABASI
the Firebrand

Change author:
reaching a fever pitch
A stupidly giddy grin spread across Loren’s face at Abasi’s statement. Squeezing the undertaker’s hand, the summoner leaned in, hoping for another kiss. ”And you make me happier than I’ve ever been.” His voice came out quietly, but joyfully.

Letting out a huff of laughter, he shook his head. ”No I do not. Maybe you could teach me?” He glanced at the other man, almost shyly. Then, though, the corner’s of the Launceleyn’s eyes crinkled in amusement. ”While I’d prefer to heat things up, I think, if you ever need to cool off, let me know.” Reaching out with a whisper of his power, some water from the Stonesong danced in the air before them before he gently sent it back to the river.

However, his expression grew more serious at Abasi’s comment. ”You say that like you’re not one of us!” There was a slightly teasing tone in the Loren’’s voice, yes, but also the barest hints of concern. He was silent for a long moment. ”I take it you still aren’t a believer yourself, then. Have your feelings about the gods of Caido changed at all?” The undertaker’s question caught the summoner off guard and he let out a bark of laughter. ”Considering the gods seem to have contradictory desires, even among the old gods, I’m not sure anyone can say they lived their lives by the will of the gods.”

Smiling, he felt his eyes grow distant for a moment as he considered the question more fully. Finally, he shrugged. ”I guess I must be doing something right, because Frey blessed me.” He shot the other man an apologetic look. ”Which was actually something I was going to tell you about.” There was a great deal of chagrin in the Launceleyn’s tone.
LOREN
Undertaker

Change author:

Abasi had never thought of himself as the kind of person that could make someone the 'happiest they'd ever been' - the thought was almost absurd, really. He was sure if any of his acquaintances back in Egypt had heard that they would have laughed. For all the bizarre nature of the statement though, it made his heart warm; he kissed Loren gladly.

"I must teach you. It is an important skill - what if you find yourself in a river stuck one day? When it is warmer, I will show you how." As much as for any other couple this would sound like it was going to be fun and sexy, and he would allow some of that, Abasi was absolutely going to use tough love and be a strict teacher to ensure Loren's survival in the case of nautical disaster.

In many ways he wasn't one of the people here, but he didn't say that. It was true that with each passing day he felt a little more like a citizen of Caido. "I believe. I just believe the Gods don't like me and in some ways, rather return the opinion." He said, raising his chin just slightly.

"A blessing...?" He asked, trying his best to hide his jealousy. "What is it?"
ABASI
the Firebrand

Change author:
reaching a fever pitch
The kiss was nice, and the Launceleyn returned it hungrily before they broke apart. Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren couldn’t help but smile at Abasi’s concern. ”Well. I am looking forward to it.” Then, however, he grinned outright. ”But I wouldn’t worry too much about me getting stuck in a river. If I ever did, I’d just move the river.” With that comment, a huge wave built in the Stonesong, before the summoner waved his slightly burdened free hand and it splashed back down.

However, a large goldfish had been accidentally scooped up by his magic, and it now flopped comically on the ground. Laughing again, he sent a much smaller wave to roll it back into the river. Unfortunately, his joy abated somewhat at the undertaker’s next statement.

Loren gave the other man a sympathetic look. ”I used to feel the same. But then my patience paid off, and I was actually able to speak with them. And I found that it was less a matter of dislike and more a matter of needing to prove myself worthy.” The Launceleyn’s words were hopefully soothing and comforting. ”I imagine you’ve heard much the same though.” Which was why he gave Abasi’s hand a gentle squeeze.

At the hint of jealousy from the undertaker, the summoner hesitated for just a moment. Then he sighed, and nodded. ”A blessing.” The palm of the hand that was currently holding the other man’s would turn to fur, the fingertips claws, for just a brief moment. Simultaneously, Loren’s hair would turn into feathers, before he shifted back to fully normal. ”I have been made into an Attuned in addition to being an Abandoned.” He bit his lip, eyes searching Abasi’s features for any hint of reaction.

Then as the river turned, the summoner glanced away. There was a tree hanging over the edge of the water, and the air smelled of greenery and was filled with the sounds of the forest. ”This seems like a good place to stop.” Assuming the other man agreed, the Launceleyn would let go of the undertaker’s hand. Then Loren would around to retrieve the blanket. Setting down the basket, he'd spread the blanket out and settle onto it. Opening the basket, he’d reveal the bread, meat, cheese, and fruit (grapes and apples) that he’d packed, along with utensils, plates, glasses, and everything else they’d need.
LOREN
Undertaker

Change author:

"Oh." At Loren's words Abasi finally looked over to the river to see his magic at work, laughed in surprise at the image. "I suppose so, though you may find yourself in a situation where you cannot, or should not, use it." Quite what that situation would be, he wasn't sure, but it felt like it was still a good idea for Loren to learn how to control his body in the water. "Besides, it can be a pleasant way to spend time when it is hot. Does it...get very warm, here, in the Summer..ah...Long...Heat? I miss the light of the sun."

He'd heard much the same about needing to be worthy before and just nodded, a million upset biting statements coming to mind about it; he swallowed them. The God's silence was not Loren's fault.

At the repeated word 'blessing', Abasi wondered if he had misunderstood something. Then he noticed Loren's claws, fur, feathers; at first he gasped, mind immediately going to the Divine beings of his land, the half-animal half-human Pantheon...then he made himself remember that here, it was an ability not limited to the Gods. Not that that made it any less impressive. If he was jealous about this specific turn of events it did not show; he smiled wide and reached to pull Loren's hand closer, look at his claws. "How did this happen? Does it hurt, to change like that? Will it last forever?"

The spot they came to along the river did indeed seem perfect for their picnic. Abasi sat neatly, legs tucked underneath himself, to watch Loren unpack. "You came well prepared." He commented, reaching for a grape (he was hungry). "I am not used to someone putting in such an effort to just spend time with me." With a small smile, he placed a grateful hand upon Loren's.
ABASI
the Firebrand

Change author:
reaching a fever pitch
Loren grinned at Abasi’s concern. ”I like the sound of swimming with you. Especially if we need to cool off after some heated activities.” One of the summoner’s fingers stroked the undertaker’s palm. Then the Launceleyn nodded. ”It gets warmer during Longheat, yes, though I’m not sure how hot your old world was.” He tilted his head and gave the other man a curious look.

The silence from Abasi was troubling, and Loren gave the undertaker what the summoner hoped was a reassuring squeeze. Still, he was happy to drop the subject, and happier still at the smile gracing the other man’s face. When Abasi pulled the Launceleyn’s hand closer, however, he gave the undertaker a slightly sheepish look. ”Frey tested me and found me worthy, it doesn’t hurt, and I can shift whenever I want. The magic won’t go away, no.” Loren’s tone was maybe a bit awkward, but also incredibly pleased with this development. He made his hands go back and forth between fully human and clawed a few times just to demonstrate.

At the other man’s compliment, the summoner blushed slightly. ”I hope you’ll get used to it, because I like spending time with you.” Then the corners of Loren’s mouth quirked up, and the corners of his eyes crinkled. ”Plus I like to be prepared.” That said, he grinned at Abasi. Then the summoner busied himself with preparing them both plates, as well as pouring them each a glass of wine.
LOREN
Undertaker

Change author:

"Ah yes, like working hard to clean or perhaps organise our things." Abasi smiled, the picture of oblivious innocence (or at least he would have been, if not for the definitely teasing tilt of the smirk). "Egypt would get very hot indeed in the summer months. The sand would burn your feet if you went without sandals and even the water's surface could scald you in the light if you went unprepared. It was relentless, sometimes, that sun -- I miss it. Here everything is so..." He looked up at the grey, mild Flowerbirth sky. "...Dull."

As Loren mentioned a 'test' from Frey Abasi found himself with a whole new set of questions; his curiosity was endless when it came to the Divine. "What did the test entail?" Each time Loren's fingers transformed he leaned in a little to see, to touch.

Abasi was glad he had found someone with the same desire he had to always be organised. Chaos just wasn't worth the trouble. "How fortunate, for I also enjoy spending time with you." Reaching for his glass once it had been poured, he took a drink. "It is pleasant, after my days with only the dead, to come home to someone so wonderfully alive and interesting."
ABASI
the Firebrand

Change author:
reaching a fever pitch
Loren let out a huff of laughter at Abasi’s comment and small smirk. ”Something like that. Definitely hard...at work.” Although the summoner was still getting used to the whole flirtation thing, he was pretty proud of that one.

As the undertaker gazed up at the sky, the Launceleyn did the same, laying back on the blanket for a moment. A small smile lurked on his lips. ”Sorry you find everything so dull and cold.” Then he called upon his summoning magic. A phoenix burst into being above the river, flying in lazy arcs. It sent a wave of light and heat over the two of them. ”I hope that I personally am not too dull or cold for you.” Although his tone was teasing, he turned a hopeful and almost shy grin on the other man.

Seeing how fascinated the other man was by the claws, Loren sat up and dismissed the phoenix so that he could keep them partially shifted for as long as Abasi wished to examine them. ”I told them about my fears about my family returning. They asked me, if push came to shove, whether I would fight or flee. I said fight, and so they did everything they could to make me run. I did everything I could in my power to resist. And it worked.” Though the words were matter of fact, there was a great deal of awe and joy in the summoner’s voice and his expression.

Eating and drinking was awkward, so he shifted his hands back to human. Taking a bite of the makeshift sandwich and washing it down with a sip of wine, the corner of the Launceleyn’s twitched up in amusement. ”Alive and interesting. What a compliment.” Smiling to let the undertaker know Loren was kidding, he set down the food and drink to reach out for Abasi’s cheeks, hoping to steal a kiss. ”It’s wonderful to come home to you as well.” There was so much happiness in the summoner’s chest it almost hurt.
LOREN
Undertaker

Change author:

"Indeed. Hard at work." Abasi repeated with a small smile, the only indication that he was actually joining in on the flirting.

As Loren apologised he realised he'd misspoken when he'd only really meant the weather, the general atmosphere of the place. Loren and indeed a lot of the people, the festivities he'd discovered, were actually anything but dull. Before he had a chance to correct himself the phoenix above them burst into being and he gasped, watched it with captivated eyes. "You know I do not mean you, surely?! Not when you can do such things and are so..." Abasi looked to Loren with a smaller, somehow more genuine, smile. "Wonderful to me."

Frey's test sounded far more personal than he had expected. "It sounds as if you overcame a great trial, then. I hope if your family does return these abilities may help you in that fight."

It seemed his inability to make nice-sounding compliments was going to be a regular source of amusement for Loren. "It is a compliment. Sometimes even those still living are no more entertaining than the dead I work with." Letting himself be dragged in for the kiss, he added after: "You must keep in mind you are the only person I willingly spend so much time with."
ABASI