everyone looks worse in the light (open)
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
if you could read my mind, what a tale my thoughts could tell
"Well I..." Feathers sprouted in the alchemist's curls as he suddenly became adorably overcome by the mere suggestion that he had the sort of authority to just go out and change things as he saw fit. "...but...it is not my place. I do not simply get to decide things like that." He argued, heat flushing his cheeks.

"The first time I found Ianto. Or, found him again, I suppose." Remi replied, his blush deepening to think of one of his oldest friends. "My first proper time in though was with a few others. Ianto brought us on Arduinna's wishes, into the village to set up a trading system." Shrugging his shoulders with a grin, Remi merely gave the goose a self-satisfied smile. "Worst thing to happen was that one of the fae did not like a pen I had made." He chuckled. As for others? "Like your encounter with the fae, it all depends on whether you follow their rules or not. Some did not, and were thrown in the pit like you."

Gliding in a lazy circle to watch Loren's first proper take-off (by all accounts), the hawk pulsed a congratulatory trill through the bond, echoing it into the air as well. Now that you are airborne, just get a feel for things. Do not try and turn too sharply. Unlike when you are human, it takes far less to alter your trajectory like this. Mostly because neither bird weighed much.

Following the goose's path, the hawk being much faster and more agile, the alchemist would offer tips and notes as they flew, trying to get Loren to get the hang of flying in easy circles.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren’s feathers flattened as he forced himself to look (and feel) as unthreatening and calm as he could manage. Why isn’t it your place to decide things like that? There was still a great deal of confusion in the summoner’s mind, but it was backed up by an unwavering faith in Remi’s judgment and abilities.

Sending the mental equivalent of a shrug in response to the alchemist’s story, the summoner couldn’t help but feel more than a bit embarrassed. Well. I learned my lesson. Then his thoughts grew somber. Delphia suggested a sacrifice might smooth things over with the Fae. And yes, the Launceleyn was still considering that idea.

Then, however, a mostly forgotten memory surfaced. Wait! Are you dirty pen guy? Loren’s amusement at that particular title for the other man was evident.

For now, the summoner just focused on flying in mostly a straight line. However, as more time passed (and he didn’t crash) he began to relax into the motions. And under Remi’s gentle tutelage, the Launceleyn started to fly in circles as the alchemist suggested. They definitely weren’t easy, at first, though Loren’s labored flapping was becoming slightly less painful looking with each passing second.
open up all your skies
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Because..we...we've queens and counsels for things like that." And because I'm just me, whirled about through the bond as well as the alchemist slowly shook his head. With great power came great responsibility and all that, but Remi didn't want it. He didn't want to decide, to deal with the repercussions. It wasn't who he was and not who he ever wanted to be. For better or worse, the alchemist was not a leader.

"A sacrifice? Of what?" Remi blurted out looking shocked and worried.

Hearing himself called such, Remi snorted and then offered the goose a mock bow. "In the flesh." Rising with a bright and shit-eating-grin on his face, the alchemist could only shrug absently.

Better! Remi trilled encouragingly through the bond, gliding this what and that with the utmost ease before the goose. He wasn't trying to show off, but only to show Loren what he'd eventually be capable of with enough practice. Shall we try some changes in altitude? Without giving the goose a chance to answer (or argue), Remi began to tilt his body and flap harder to gain altitude, before slowing pitching forward to drop back down.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
Again, Loren found Remi’s reaction charming, if a bit naive. Still, the summoner was clearly quite amused. And, until recently, who gave those monarchs their decision-making power? Who is to say you shouldn’t have been making your own choice, wouldn’t have made great leader? Again, the Launceleyn’s belief in the alchemist’s abilities and judgment apparently far outstripped the other man’s self-confidence.

In response to Remi’s concern, Loren sent back reassurance, but also the mental equivalent of a shrug. Well. Me. She didn’t specify exactly what the sacrifice would entail though. The summoner made sure to let the alchemist know he wasn’t actively considering it. Don’t worry, things seem to have settled down. Hopefully there’s a less drastic way to get them to allow at least select individuals back into the village.

Thankfully, the joking washed away the darkness of discussion of a sacrifice. However, he felt the emotions besides joy and a growing confidence slip away as he sank deeper into the flight. This time, as the other man showed off the next step, the Launceleyn immediately followed suit. He angled his wings and his body upwards, before diving a little bit.
open up all your skies
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"No one?" Remi hazarded a guess, not entirely sure what the Launceleyn was getting at. However implying he should or could have been a leader only made the alchemist laugh brightly. "Me for one. Jigano for another. Ronin for a third." He replied with a shrug; he didn't want it, Jigano would likely still think he was too boyishly naive and misguided, and Ronin? Well, Ronin would know he wouldn't want it.

Openly gawking, an unhappy chilll sent through the bond to hear Loren speak so casually of his own demise, the alchemist gulped back on a response as the Launceleyn continued. Biting the inside of his lip and wondering whether or not this sort of conversation was one he wanted to have with Loren—the pair sort of seeming to be on the verge of argument lately—the alchemist merely splayed his hands with a shrug. "Do we need that though? It is their land. I have always been confused as to why everyone is so keen on forcing that relationship. The Fae have made it clear that they do not like outsiders, not just us from the Hollowed Grounds. Why not...let them be?"

Eventually, Remi tried to encourage the goose's dips and rises to become faster and faster, more angled and steeper when he felt comfortable. At last Remi soared up quite high before diving back down. Based on what the goose looked like Remi wasn't sure they were built for diving, but the rush of air against faces and feathers always made his spirit soar.
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Letting out a disgruntled honk, Loren let his disagreement wash through the link. Well. I think you should at least make your own decisions, especially when they’re to everyone’s benefit. That much, at least, he was confident about.

As Remi grew unhappy, though, the summoner couldn’t help his own argumentative nature come to the fore. Do you need your wagon? And the people of Halo hardly welcome outsiders either. Are you planning to stay out of there as well? What about the swamps? Are you going to be afraid to venture to those because you’re worried about what the natives might think? Or are you planning to travel all over Caido regardless of what its people want you to do? His thoughts were more curious than contentious.

As the other man led, the Launceleyn continued to follow. The flight came more and more easily, until he was actually deciding when to go in his own circles or climb higher in the air rather than copying Remi’s every move. However, as they both climbed higher, then the alchemist dove, the summoner stayed up high, flying in lazy arcs instead.
open up all your skies
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Well, if it really is to everyone's benefit then maybe. But I cannot just make decisions that effect everyone else in such a big way. That is not my place." Remi repeated, a certain finality in his voice ringing through.

Listening to what Loren had to say, Remi raised a surprised brow finding himself growing ever more flustered. Indeed more feathers sprouted in the alchemist's curls and he had to raise an unhappy hand to rake through his hair to try and soften the effect. "From everything I have heard so long as gifts or the like are brought, they do not mind anyone being there." Though Remi knew nothing of the swamps, Loren's point was made just the same. "Yes, of course. This world is not ours. If we are not welcomed somewhere, why wouldn't I do what I can to avoid those places?" He asked earnestly, the kindness of who he was utterly at odds with the sort of imperialist notions Loren was suggesting. "If the door to a home is locked, I do not simply break in because something I want is inside." He replied firmly.

Noticing that he no longer had a goose-shaped shadow, the alchemist glanced up to see Loren sailing quite easily through the sky. The goose was not able to coast quite so easily and would likely tire quickly, but it seemed as though he had gotten the hang of things.
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Again, disagreement washed through Loren, but he left it at that. Instead, he let Remi feel the summoner’s amusement in regards to Halo. Oh no, they mind. It’s more that they tolerate us than anything else. Indeed, the images of the hostile guards at the Citadel flashed through the Launcleyn’s mind, and though he was open wide, he wasn’t sure if the alchemist could pick that sort of thing up.

The amusement shifted to comfort and warmth. Actually I agree with you. Of course I agree with you. I’m just confused about where, exactly, you plan to travel in this wagon then. Underneath the curiosity, there was a sort of sad feeling, a hole the other man would leave when he finally did leave.

Remi’s prediction was absolutely right: flying was hard work, and the summoner was tired. So he descended carefully, finally landing on the ground. Thank you. I’ll keep practicing, but this was incredibly helpful. The gratitude was nearly overwhelming. Then, however, he turned and started waddling determinedly towards the wagon and the companions. Let’s get this thing finished.
open up all your skies
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Images were not so easily passed through the bond, but the sentiment was there well enough. Still, Remi was skeptical. Loren was not the most diplomatic as of late, despite his upbringing. From what Remi had heard, the group burst through the portal and then everything went a bit to shit, with Loren arguing with his might-be twin. All other accounts suggested the opposite of what the summoner had, and so the alchemist simply decided to stay quiet on the subject, preferring to keep his own counsel rather than continue to argue with Loren.

Rather than feeling whatever kindness might have underscored Loren's question, the alchemist felt only that his decisions were once again being questioned. The implication seemed to be you haven't thought this through and should listen to me. Still not wanting to argue, Remi merely offered the summoner a weak smile. "I suppose you will have to wait and see." He said as lightly as he could, his heart an unhappy flutter in his chest; a sensation he really only associated with Jigano.

Gliding easily, Remi landed atop the frame and the wheels. Finished? He trilled back, feathery body moulding back into the athletic frame of the alchemist. "There are not enough hours left in the day for that. Though perhaps the wheels can be done."
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Remi’s unhappiness was apparent, and Loren sighed mentally. He felt guilt rising up, and he made sure to send an apologetic feeling to the alchemist. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you. I hope you have many wonderful adventures. With that, the pang of sadness grew. I’ll miss you, though.

As the other man shifted back, so did the summoner. Crossing his arms, not quite able to meet Remi’s eyes, the Launceleyn looked over the wagon. ”Wheels it is. How can I help?” He made no move to actually step in yet, since he was way out of his depth here. Therefore, he was patiently waiting further instructions.
open up all your skies
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"You were just trying to help." Remi replied, wondering how it was Loren could simultaneously see him as someone who could and should make decisions for others but wasn't capable of making them for himself. Unsure what to do with the sadness sent his way, Remi seemed to swim helplessly in the sensation for a moment. Would he miss Loren? After everything that had happened? Running a hand up the side of his face he smiled at the summoner. "With dramatic twin reunions, new love, the reappearance of Zariah, and of course winning over a race of warrior fae, you will hardly notice I am gone." Remi chuckled in response.

Actually...there wasn't much help Remi needed. He worked alone, and with his magic far outpacing Loren's in this arena, there was little the summoner could do. "A joke, perhaps?" Remi quipped, brows raised slightly as his hands moved over each of the wheels. He enchanted them in pairs, making it so the wheels would change their shape and texture based on whatever terrain they were on. Just now, on the grassy surface, they were textured and thick to more easily move over the flattened plain.
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Remi’s words all might’ve been meant to smooth things over and cheer Loren up, but they only succeeded in the former. I’ll notice. There was a great deal of certainty about that. He fell silent, not trusting his thoughts and emotions any further on this matter.

Sighing, he ran a sheepish hand through his hair. ”I don’t do jokes.” So instead, he defaulted to what he always did when he was asked to provide entertainment. Holding out his palms, he made three balls of ice and began to juggle them. A fourth joined them, then a fifth. The balls climbed higher, and the speed increased and the pattern they followed grew more complex. It was hard to focus on both what the alchemist was doing with the wheels and on the juggling, so the Launceleyn cheated, using his telekinesis and his water magic to help guide the balls.
open up all your skies
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I do not remember much of water magic from home." Remi said, then blushed. "Northaven." He corrected automatically. "Did you have it then too?" Then regardless of the answer asked, "If you could choose to have another magic...what do you think you would want?"

Fingers roaming over the wheels, the alchemist changed the height of the earth beneath the wagon to see how the wheels would adjust. Quickly they became almost rubber-like to account for the variable topography, which made the alchemist smile proudly.
the Firebrand

Change author:
The white sheep of the family
Loren’s eyes narrowed at the correction, but that was the only sign he’d heard it. Instead, he answered Remi’s question distractedly, still focused on the juggling and the alchemist’s magic. ”I didn’t. Elemental magic was different from most magic, and you couldn’t have both. I had conjuration, mostly. Some healing and alteration too.”

The summoner’s eyes flicked to the other man briefly. ”I have no idea. I already have more than I ever expected to have.” There was a slightly awkward and embarrassed tone in his voice, and he quickly rushed to fill the silence. ”Do you think you want more magic?”

As the earth moved and the wheels changed, the Launceleyn’s eyebrows rose. ”Neat trick.” There was open admiration in those words and his expression. Dismissing the ice with a wave, turning it to water that gently soaked into the ground, he clasped his hands behind his back.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!