in this ever-spinning playground (open)
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
After encountering the hostile denizens of Whitebrim and speaking with Zariah, oh almighty Archmage of Halo, Amun had found himself curious about the regular folks of Halo. So once more he found himself dropping off a present at the portal. This time it was wood, because he didn't like to steal the same thing twice in short succession.

Then he'd walked down the long road to the Citadel, eyes peeled for any and all threats. Thankfully, he'd managed to avoid them, and eventually saw the tall walls in the distance. Grinning, he walked up to the guards, waving cheerfully at them when they glared. Then he was in, and he kept his eyes peeled for anyone and anything that might be useful. He was looking for either a market or the underground he was sure must exist, even in a place as desolate as this.

This time around, he knew that the distrustful looks were not to be trifled with. So as he sauntered through the streets, looking for something that might prove useful, he just met the hostile eyes with a hard look of his own. If they tried to screw with him, they'd be in for a rude awakening.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Sky Offline
Change author:
MP: 50
Ingrid

Ingrid was probably in for a r00d awakening, because she tried to screw with just about everyone. (Figuratively, of course.)

"Hey, don't I know you?" she asked, looking down at Amun from her perch on top of a stack of shipping crates. A massive snowball launched from somewhere nearby hit her in the chest, causing the whole stack to sway perilously. Ingrid leaned in the opposite direction, using her body as a counterbalance. "Still queen of the pile. Either dethrone me or pay up!" she called. From the same direction as the snowball, a bottle of beer was flung unceremoniously through the air, hitting Ingrid square in the boob. It would have hurt if not for her five layers of cushy insulation. The pile of crates shuddered again. "Same time tomorrow!" she yelled, using a mitten to uncap the bottle and taking a long sip.

"So anyway, what brings you to my little corner of hell, Hollowed Grounder?" she asked turning her gaze back to Amun.

"Shrine Ho"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun turned with a chuckle, looking up at the woman precariously perched on her crates. ”I don’t know, do you?” Then, however, he peered more closely. ”Oh yeah, we met when we helped that terribly hopeless man get laid. You're the lady who is scared of tiny dragons. Remind me your name?” His tone was more than a bit teasing.

As a snowball came out of nowhere, he took a step back from the swaying pile of woman and wood. A bottle followed the snowball, and he took another step back. ”So. Is this what passes for fun in these parts? And what do I get if I dethrone you?" His eyes sparkled with mischief.

At her question, he grinned wickedly. "Well, I've always preferred the sinners to the saints." He winked at her. "So there's that. And I could ask you the same question. Why stay in hell when there are other options just a short portal away?"
AMUN

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Ingrid

"Hopeless, yes, but at least he's getting fucked,"  Ingrid shot back with a chuckle. If she recalled correctly, Amun had tried to flirt with their host like the whole fucking time, and while Ingrid was a proud member of the here-and-queer club, she thought hitting on a soon-to-be-married man might be a tad bit more hopeless than not knowing how to decorate. "I'm Ingrid. Scared-of-tiny-dragons-lady works fine for me, but then I get to call you rose-petal-guy." Ingrid's tone was just as teasing.

”So. Is this what passes for fun in these parts? And what do I get if I dethrone you?"

"Ah yes, if you dethrone me, I have to buy you a drink," she replied with a grin. "Booze is fun no matter where you are." She took a sip of her beer for emphasis.

Then he winked, and it made her snort in laughter. "You are talking to a priest, you know." She took a moment to ponder his question, absentmindedly swirling the beer in her bottle.

"Yes, my temple is frozen and crumbling, but my desolate Gods are here. Why stay in hell? It's home."

"Shrine Ho"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun winked at Ingrid. ”Who’s to say I’m not getting fucked?” Tone positively salacious, he grinned, not at all bothered by her words. Then he chuckled, the sound dark and low. ”Works for me, scaredy cat.” However, he gave her a pleased expression at the nickname she bestowed upon him.

Sighing dramatically, he shook his head. ”As fun as dethroning you sounds, alcohol doesn’t do anything for me. So I have to disagree with you on that one” Then, however, his cheerful demeanor was back. ”In my experience, priests have the most deviant minds. Must be all that meditating on sin they do. Gives them the most perverted ideas.”

At her comment, he glanced around at the surroundings. ”Thought priests were supposed to try to get into heaven, scaredy cat.” Then he shrugged. ”More world for me, I guess.” Smirking, he gave her another pleased look.
AMUN

Change author:
Ingrid

”Who’s to say I’m not getting fucked?”
“Right, sure you are. Because hitting on somebody’s fiancé just screams ‘I’m getting all the dick I want.’”
When he said alcohol didn’t really do anything for him, she felt her face flush with embarrassment. Oh fuck, whoops. Forgot that can happen. “Want drugs instead?” she offered. Not that she actually had any, but she was pretty sure she could find some.

What fucking priests have you been talking to? she wondered, her writer hoping that Caido was one of those places where priests didn’t sexually abuse small children. ”Would you call me a deviant?” she asked, grinning. ”I mean, it depends. Is eating mac n’ cheese topped with whipped cream a perverted idea?” In her defense, she’d only done that once.

"Shrine Ho"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun chuckled. ”And how do you think I could possibly get all the dick I wanted without hitting on everyone, scaredy cat.” Tone wicked, he waggled his eyebrows at Ingrid. Then, however, he shook his head at her offer. "Same problem. Thanks for the offer." His eyes were mischievous though. "I'll take information, though, if you're willing to give it."

Giving her an appraising look, the Ascended smirked. "I have no idea what any of that is, so yes, I most certainly would call you a deviant." The potter's voice was cheerfully teasing. Gesturing at the bottle of alcohol she clutched and the pile of boxes she was perched on, he winked. "So. What gods do you even worship?"
AMUN

Change author:
Ingrid

Ingrid thought for a moment. "You could, I dunno, try reusing a dick once or twice? Don't get me wrong, I love one-night-stands, but they're kind of wasteful in terms of maximum dick efficiency," she said, grinning at his eyebrow sorcery.

"Same problem. Thanks for the offer."

Ingrid wrinkled her nose in surprise. What? But that's not how... Luckily, before she had time to think too hard about it, Amun asked for information. "Depends. Whaddya want to know, flower power?"

"Well it seems to me like you have a bit of a low bar there, buddy. I'm sure that Amalia lady could make both," Ingrid said, referring to the mac n' cheese and whipped cream that her writer probably should have edited out given the risk of meta playing... They were left in for the vine.

"I worship Caido," she said, crossing her arms and looking down at him from atop her mighty tower of fucking boxes like a haughty house cat. "And more broadly, all of the Old Ones."

"Shrine Ho"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun just smirked. "Again, who's to say I'm not reusing dicks, scaredy cat?" Winking at Ingrid, he moved to lean languidly against a nearby wall, hands in his pockets.

At the nickname, he grinned delightedly. "Us Hollowed Grounders are new to Halo. So just customs, laws, rules we should be aware of, that sort of thing." His tone was easy-going and light, but his eyes tracked her on her perch.

Chuckling, he shook his head. "Nah. Amalia is too much of a goody-two-shoes to do anything even remotely resembling deviant." Tilting his head, he smirked again. "You, on the other hand, seem like you know how to have a good time."

When she finally revealed that she was a devotee of the old gods, his smirk gained a far more wicked edge. "Is that so? How's that working out for you, scaredy cat?"
AMUN

Change author:
Ingrid

Ingrid started to lean back, but was quickly reminded of where she was when the box pile leaned back with her. Oh fuck. She leaned forward again and tried for a neutral expression, coming across like a cat trying to pretend it fell on purpose.

Then, she scrunched up her face at his words. "Okay if you're reusing dick AND hitting on everyone... Unless you get rejected, like, constantly, there's no possible way you can be standing her instead of getting some right now."

If he'd asked about mage glass, Ingrid would have thrown her beer at him. Luckily, his questions were... normal? "Customs, laws and rules? Okay. Rule number one: if you put out a fire, we'll kill you. Rule number two: If you want help, you better have the money to pay for it. Rule number three: don't freeze to death. By being frozen in the snow, you're creating a tripping hazard, and we'll fine you by emptying your pockets and feeding your body to an ursur," she said with a grin.

"You, on the other hand, seem like you know how to have a good time."

"Ya got that right, petals," she replied, sticking her tongue out at him.

Then, on the topic of the Old Gods, she replied: "Fucking fantastic. Sure, Caido doesn't exactly come to the shrine, but can you blame it? I just hope my thanks can be heard wherever Caido went."

"Shrine Ho"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun grinned, not at all bothered by Ingrid’s analysis of the situation. ”Maybe I'm here by choice." Then he tilted his head and waggled his eyebrows. "Or maybe you're right, and I get rejected a lot. Still, if I ask enough people, I'm bound to get a few yeses." He winked at the priestess.

"Steer clear of fire, don't ask for help, don't die, from the cold or otherwise." Smirking, he nodded. "Sounds easy enough, especially for me. Thanks, scaredy cat." He tipped an imaginary hat at her.

Crossing his arms, he swept his gaze up and down her and her throne once more. "So you don't get anything in return, then?" His tone was conversational.
AMUN

Change author:
Ingrid

Ingrid snorted. "Here by choice? Bullshit," she replied, fake-coughing out the last word with a grin and a gesture to the frozen landscape. "But you're right. I'm sure if you ask enough married men, everything cums up roses for ya," she said with a snort. "Not sure its worth it though since your dick will freeze off before you really get anywhere."

She nodded as he (sort of) repeated the rules. "Sounds like you've got the hang of it already," she said, taking another long sip of mulled beer.

"So you don't get anything in return, then?"

"Of fucking course not. That's faith, Rosy Posy."

"Shrine Ho"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun grinned. ”Well I guess if I don’t have a choice, that explains why I’m still here talking to you.” At Ingrid's supposedly mocking comments, he chuckled, the sound delighted and wicked. "It sure is. You'd be surprised at how easily I can get people to forsake their vows." Winking, he leaned against her tower, sending it swaying. "Maybe worry more about your lot in life than about my dick."

At her explanation of her chosen god, he feigned a sympathetic look. "That's too bad for you. My faith gives me more than warm fuzzies." He smirked up at her. "Or I guess cold fuzzies in your case."

Leaning forward, he dropped his voice to a whisper. "It gives me choices." Stepping back, he chuckled. "Including the choice to leave, it turns out. See you around, scaredy cat." Slipping his hands in his pockets, he spun on his heel and walked away, whistling a merry tune.

-FINISHED
AMUN