flew me to places I'd never been
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
After meeting with Frey and doing a bit of research (and a whole lot more thinking) Loren had an inkling of an idea what to do. Still, he wasn’t entirely certain, so he decided to seek out someone much more well versed in these things. He followed the path out to the Fields. As he walked, a swarm of bees descended upon him, their humming almost musical.

Actually, it was musical. He eyed them warily, but they seemed content to swirl around him and make their harmonies, so he shrugged and kept walking. Astra, however, who’d been contentedly walking by his side, went crazy. She jumped around, happy to bask in the bees singing.

It didn’t take long before he stumbled upon Remi's workstation. Trailing bees and an enthusiastic luxere by his side, a cheerful grin on the summoner’s face, he called out for the alchemist. ”Remi? You around?” He had to pitch him voice above the swarm.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
i've got a river for a soul
"Mmmm!" The alchemist hummed out, his voice harmonizing easily with the pitch of the bees, at least until his smile caused the vibration to drop in pitch and eventually dissolve into a laugh.

Giving Astra a sunny nod of greeting, Remi glanced towards Loren and his accompanying swarm. Possessing the same ability that allowed the summoner to keep the bees in place, the alchemist wasn't worried about them all suddenly breaking away to threaten the other stalls (despite all the concerned looks being thrown their way).
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
As Remi hummed out, laughed, then smiled, Loren grinned back. When the alchemist nodded at Astra, she trotted over to the other man, looking up at him with soulful eyes, begging for scritches. The summoner let out a huff of laughter and shook his head at the sight, sending a pulse of affection through his bond to the luxere.

Ignoring the swarm, almost used to it by now, the Launceleyn approached the other man. ”Came here to see if you needed any more help with the wagon.” Then the corners of Loren’s lips quirked up in a rueful smile. ”And to ask for your help and advice with something, if you’re willing and available.” He gave Remi a hopeful look, though Loren didn’t elaborate on what he needed help with.

Then, however, he sighed. ”Actually there are a couple of things. Again, only if you’re not busy.”
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Kneeling down instantly, not minding at all that his knees would soon be covered in dirt, the alchemist's strong fingers worked softly into the chords of Astra's neck, fussing behind her ears as he made adoring cooing sounds beneath his breath.

"Well, today I am working on making the windows and ceiling...illusory, I suppose." Remi said with a smile, knowing well Loren's thoughts on illusion magic. "My advice?" He parroted with a skeptical raise of a brow, giving Astra one last fuss before rising up and giving Loren an almost doubtful look. Spreading his fingers with a sunny laugh, Remi merely grinned. "If you waited for me not to be busy, you would never see me again." He joked (only not really), before nodding for Loren to follow him back towards where he was working on the wagon.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Astra obviously appreciated Remi’s efforts, and let out a contented bleat. Loren smiled again at the sight, even more widely than the first time. Then though, his expression turned to one of bemusement. ”Well. I have no illusion magic. I suppose I could juggle again.” Then he let out a huff of laughter. ”Actually, I was coming to ask you about illusion magic.” He followed the other man towards the wagon.

As they walked, the summoner fished out the amulet that the alchemist had made and held it out for the other man. ”Seeing as I would prefer to see you, I guess I’ll just have to bother you while you’re busy. Sorry, though.” The Launceleyn gave the alchemist a sympathetic look. ”Your advice and your help, yes." Loren's tone was certain about that. "I asked Frey for something to protect my mind from being tampered with. In return, they asked me to bring them a few things.” He paused to let that sink in.

Although he was reluctant to tell the alchemist everything, the Launceleyn knew dishonesty would just hurt more in the end. ”First, I’m supposed to tell a secret that might make someone hate me. Second, I need to bring them something fake that people think is real, and finally I need something real that people think is fake.” His tone was more than a bit awkward. ”I can handle the first on my own, obviously. No idea what to do for the last thing, but I was thinking your illusion magic might work for the second one.” Hence the amulet.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Oh?" Not hiding his confusion but also not asking Loren to elaborate just yet, Remi led the summoner through the maze of stalls towards the back where his wagon was currently set up. At hearing that it was another quest from Frey, the alchemist couldn't help (nor did he try to) the way his step hitched as his whole body tensed for a moment. The last time the Launceleyn had been to see Frey it had been for some sex-quest so that Loren might get over Remi. Not over that himself, combined with all of his unhappy interactions with the deity, it was no wonder that tension raced across the alchemist's shoulders as feathers appeared in his curls.

"Ah." Stopping, his arms crossed across his chest so that his hands wouldn't fidget, Remi turned to hear the summoner out. He was surprised to hear that Loren had any secrets anymore, what with his whole honesty-campaign, but said nothing, only hoping that none of them had to do with him. "So just simple illusion magic in the amulet, then?" That actually sounded incredibly easy.
the Firebrand

Change author:
At Remi’s discomfort, Loren sighed, and ran a hand through his hair. Though he didn’t know it, he was projecting his guilt and his apology both to the other man. ”I’m sorry. I can stop talking about this if you’d prefer.” The Launceleyn gave the alchemist an apologetic smile.

Biting his lip, the summoner nodded. "Just simple illusion magic, yes. And thank you. Then the wagon?" Although the Launceleyn was still troubled—both by the other man's reaction and by the tasks—Loren resolved not to ask Remi anything more. All the summoner did was awkwardly hold the amulet out for the alchemist, while the Launceleyn desperately tried to keep his face neutral of his own embarrassment and sorrow about making the other man feel this bad.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"No, it is alright." The alchemist replied softly, ruffling away some of the feathers with distracted fingers.

"Sure." Looking at the amulet, Remi's lips twitched vaguely as he considered reaching for it. Not wanting to risk touching Loren's hand, instead the alchemist merely focused his will upon it. A sparkly sort of aura-like light moved from his fingertips, radiating with opalescent colours, before seemingly sinking down into the amulet. "There. Hopefully you can create a compelling enough illusion with it."
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren’s eyes searched Remi’s features. However, the summoner eventually sighed, and clasped his hands behind his back. ”Alright.” His voice was soft and uncertain.

As the magic leapt from the alchemist's fingers to the amulet, the Launceleyn smiled, though it had a bit of a sad edge to it. Still, his tone truly was grateful. "Thanks. I really appreciate it." He tucked the amulet back around his neck, smoothing his shirt over it.

Then he glanced over at the wagon. "Shall we work on your illusions now that mine is done?" Although he hated the hesitancy in his voice and in his mind, he was also hopeful that they could eventually work past the discomfort that seemed to inevitably crop up between the two of them.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi had decided to bar himself from reading into Loren's movements too much. It did him no good and brought only uncertainty. Still though as the summoner sighed, the pitch of his hum, the lines on his face, made the alchemist feel things. Which was of course the very reason why he ignored them.

"Very welcome. I hope it helps." Then, pausing with his head inclined slightly to the side, Remi narrowed his brows. "Why the need to protect your mind?"

Spinning to look at the wagon, Remi nodded. The frame was now in place, but there were no actual windows or a ceiling. 'Would you help steady the glass?" The alchemist asked, nodding towards the window frame which currently held no glass at all. However once Loren was in place, a sheet of it would appear in the alchemist's hands. He could use telekinesis to do this on his own, of course. But at least this way it did completely let his mind focus.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren also studiously ignored Remi’s small movements, the way feathers appeared in his hair when he was stressed, the feelings that the Launceleyn occasionally felt from the alchemist’s mind. The summoner didn’t know how to deal with them, so he just buried them as deeply as he once buried his own emotions. Instead, he just smiled faintly. ”I’m sure it will.”

The other man’s question caught Loren off guard. ”I don’t, necessarily. I just...there are people around who have the ability to manipulate my mind. Maybe without me even knowing. And...I hate the idea of that." He shivered, fingers of fear and revulsion tracing their way down his spine.

Taking a deep and steadying breath, he nodded at Remi's request. Then the Launceleyn reached out to steady the glass that suddenly appeared, trusting the alchemist to know what he was doing.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"There will always be something." The alchemist said almost offhandedly, his shoulders rising and falling lightly. A power stronger, a way around it, a way to weaken the summoner. Whatever it was Loren was defending against, whatever the real fear was, he didn't think Frey would be able to provide it.

Then again, what did he know?

"Into the slits in the wood." And lo and behold, slits appeared. As they positioned the glass (which would be relatively straight forward), Remi would transmute the wooden window frames to accept the glass panel, sealing over it once again.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Sighing, Loren nodded. ”Probably.” The admission came out quietly. He opened his mouth to say more, hesitated, clearly thought better of it, and finally closed it. Rather than say something about the doubt he could now feel creeping through his veins, he just slid the glass into place, though his eyes widened as the slits appeared.

Then they sealed themselves over the glass, and his eyes widened further. However, he stayed quiet, simply waiting for further instructions. If there were none, the summoner would just lightly meditate, taking deep breaths, settling and calming his mind and body as best he could so as not to distract the alchemist from whatever needed to be done.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Back to the old routine, then, of thinking much and saying little.

"Alright, the other side then." Remi said with an appreciative smile, before moving to the other side of the wagon and eventually repeating the process. When it was done, the alchemist stood back with a rather proud and crooked smile on his face. "From the outside, it will simply look warmly lit." So saying, the enchantment flared to life. Bodies seemed to move from within, veiled behind what were likely thick curtains and numerous candles. To step just a few feet to the side though and see through the other side? The world would be revealed, though more brightly coloured and almost painterly-like.

Almost as if the world was meant to look like a storybook, for a small girl.