less than I do
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
maybe i'm a runaway train, maybe i'm a feather in a hurricane
but maybe that's a good thing
Having arrived quite early (as they both knew, it wasn't as though Remi particularly needed Loren's help with this and so there was no use in waiting), the alchemist was fussing over any number of things.

The wagon now looked properly like one: four sides and a roof, though with a door instead of a seat and harness set. As it was, the alchemist was currently in a debate with Isla over something, given their respective body languages. In the end, the alchemist threw his hands up, shooting the unicorn an exasperated but still amused huff before apparently conceding to something.
Remi

Table coding by Sky, inspiration from Jae!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
Loren still kept farmer’s hours (and now teacher’s) so he too was up incredibly early. Astra let out an annoyed bleat to be moving this early in the day, but she came along happily enough. Still, Remi managed to beat the summoner and the luxere to the Fields. Smiling at the sight of the alchemist arguing with a unicorn, the Launceleyn called out. ”It’s always best to let the ladies have their way.”

Astra trotted up to the other man and his companion, once again expecting scritches. ”Good morning Remi, good morning Isla.” Loren walked around the wagon, giving it an admiring look. "It's looking good." Turning to face Remi, the summoner rubbed his hands together. "What's left?" He settled in to wait patiently for instructions.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Glancing across the field to see Loren strolling towards him, Remi gave Isla a last lingering huff of faux-annoyance before turning his attention to the Launceleyn. "Ah! Well that explains why I have always had rather terrible luck with them, then." The alchemist called out with a playful roll of his eyes.

Not one to disappoint if he could help it, Remi indulged the luxere happily, watching Loren's silent appraisal out of the corner of his eyes. It was personal of course, as any craftsperson can tell you, to have someone scrutinize something that you've created. That it was Loren doing it made the stakes seem all the higher.

Not standing up from where he'd knelt down to scritch Astra, Remi pulled in a steadying breath. "Well...the real magic, as it was. It will be more than I have ever attempted. More complex than anything else I have done, to make it seem larger inside. I was hoping, you know, Launceleyn training and all, you might give me a few tips so I do not kill myself in the process?"
Remi

the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
At Remi’s quip, Loren smiled. ”Same.” Then his eyes crinkled with amusement. ”In fact, the fact that I don’t listen to anyone is probably the source of most of my problems.” His tone was properly self-deprecating.

The summoner raised his eyebrows. ”Don’t fuck it up?” It was tentatively hazarded, but his eyes sparkled with mirth. ”In all seriousness, I’ve never attempted something like this before, nor do I have the magic to even try.” He waggled his fingers. ”I can pump you full of healing magic so you’re less likely to die or help you meditate so you keep your focus, but that’s about it.” Shrugging, he settled into a cross-legged position out of the way to watch. Astra climbed into his lap and he held her, simply resting his chin in her fur.

"You got this!" He sent a pulse of certainty and encouragement along with the words.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Mmm, that and your terrible sense of humour." Remi added with a grin.

"Oh, no? Well it is a good thing you are here to tell me that." He snarked back with a roll of his eyes, before pointing a finger at the Launceleyn. "What did I tell you about that phrasing?" Remi whined unhappily. Meditation Loren had mentioned before, though Remi hadn't taken him up on it. Still it was more along the lines of the help Remi had thought Loren would offer.

"What does meditation do, again?"
Remi

the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren blinked. ”I...honestly don’t remember.” Running a hand through his hair, he gave Remi a sheepish smile. ”Sorry.” The summoner's tone was truly apologetic.

Still smiling faintly, he absently stroked Astra's fur. "Meditation clears your mind of stray thoughts and helps you keep your focus. However, it requires a great deal of time and discipline to master it. Not that I don't think you can do it, but it's not something you learn in one sitting." Again, he shot the alchemist an apologetic look.

Then the Launceleyn bit his lip. "I can teach you some basic breathing exercises though? If you'd like. I mean, I think you'll be just fine without it though." He shrugged a bit helplessly.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"To refrain from saying you will pump me full of anything." Remi clarified, half-joking but half quite serious. The waters were murky enough between them without any verbal pot-stirring on either of their parts.

"Well.." Letting his hands rise and fall with the sigh that burst from his lips, Remi just shrugged. "If you do not think it will help, then I would rather not. Like you said, you are here to heal me should things go really wrong." Remi hadn't pushed against the upper limits of his magical endurance, but nor had he attempted anything like this before. For a moment the alchemist paused, seeing in his mind Loren magically hovering his unconscious body to Ronin, and imagining the look on the hunter's face. It was nearly enough for Remi to call this entire thing off.

Nearly.

"Don't fuck it up." He repeated, smoothing out his accent as if to mirror Loren's, before turning to the wagon. Closing his eyes the alchemist straightened his back and took a deep breath and let the magic flow.

Seconds would pass and then minutes. Remi's head began to pound though he ignored it. His expression would be gently troubled with concentration, eyebrows and lips flickering slightly as if with silent emotion, before a trickle of blood dripped from his nose. Still he kept his eyes closed, and still he worked.
Remi

the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren’s confusion cleared up, and he let out a huff of laughter at Remi’s explanation. ”Right! I’ll remember that from now on.” Giving a little mock salute, the summoner smiled tentatively.

It blossomed into a real smile at the alchemist’s words. ”Maybe before you leave we'll have time for a lesson.” Then the Launceleyn tilted his head. ”And it won’t go wrong. No healing necessary.” His tone was certain, and hopefully the other man could feel the faith that Loren had in Remi’s abilities.

As the alchemist moved to actually perform the magic, however, the summoner fell into a meditative state unconsciously. He took deep breaths, and found his center and his calm. And then he did his best to project that serenity, along with his belief in Remi to the other man.

But the Launceleyn made no move to heal the alchemist.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
What Remi could feel struck him as strange. That Loren would have such faith in him despite how little he'd seen the alchemist work magically-speaking made Remi think that the Launceleyn's faith was shockingly misplaced. Smiling weakly back, Remi began.

Remi's eyes began to clench slightly as beads of sweat began to appear on his brow. His chin tilted ever so slightly as his lips moved, making him look for all the world as if he were engaging in a silent argument. Soon his eyelids began to flutter though did not open, and his hands moved from his lap to the ground, fingers digging into the soil as if to secure himself there.

For its part, the wagon didn't move at all.

Seconds, decades, whatever amount of time later, Remi gave a shuttering gasp, pulling in air as if he hadn't breathed in a lifetime. Panting, he raised a dirt-stained hand to his chest as he fought to catch his breath.
Remi

the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren continued to focus on his meditation, trying not to disrupt whatever magic Remi was casting. As the alchemist moved and shuddered and his hands dropped to the ground, the summoner's own hands flexed anxiously. He buried them in Astra's fur and breathed more deeply, sank deeper into his trance.

Similarly, the Launceleyn could not tell how much time had passed before the other man took a shuddering breath and pressed his hand to his chest. Immediately Loren sprang into motion, the luxere leaping away as he rolled to his feet and approached Remi. "Hey. You're okay. Take some deep breaths." Lifting a hand, a glass of water appeared in it, and the summoner held it out to the alchemist. "Do you need anything? Water, healing, space?"
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Blinking dazedly for a moment, still lost entirely in what he'd just done, eventually Remi's eyes focused upon Loren. Looking from the Launceleyn's face to the cup, understanding slowly dawned and he nodded sluggishly. Reaching for the glass with trembling fingers, Remi took a shaky breath before tipping his head back and laughing.

"No, I feel amazing." He said looking down at his hands as if half-expecting to see them radiating with light and power. "I..." But there was no way to explain how he was feeling, so he didn't bother. Instead he rose, looking towards the wagon.

"Care to see?"
Remi

the Firebrand

Change author:
As Remi took the cup, Loren stepped back. At the alchemist’s laughter, however, the Launceleyn breathed a sigh of relief, then smiled. He simply stood there, hands clasped in front of him, as he waited for the other man to recover fully.

At the word amazing, the summoner's smiled broadened. "I'm glad to hear it." When Remi offered to show the wagon off to Loren, though, he hesitated. Astra had no such qualms, trotting up to it and peering at the entrance with curious eyes.

At that sight, he grinned. "So long as you're okay with me being one of the first to see. But I think you should experience the fruits of your labor first." With that, he gestured for the alchemist to take the lead, though the Launceleyn stepped closer to the now hopefully mostly completed wagon.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Pausing a touch unhappily at that, the alchemist recovered quickly with a sunny nod. Glancing towards Astra with a crooked smile, the alchemist could only shrug. "You heard the man. Apparently I've got to go first. You can be second though, if you like." He added with a laugh.

Opening the door would reveal the following: the entranceway seemed to lead immediately into a small kitchen-area on either side of the narrow aisle. At the back appeared to be a small bed. To walk forward however and step into the kitchen would reveal a good-sized amount of room that hadn't been there previously. Indeed, the bed that was visible before was now several meters away even though it had been only one or two at the most before. The same would happen for the 'bedroom'. One reached it would turn out to be an appropriately sized room with a door off to the side, presumably leading to Aoife's room. Within the wagon there was also a bathroom with a tub and shower, as well as a reading room that had a ceiling completely made of glass.
Remi

the Firebrand

Change author:
Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren nevertheless nodded at Remi's statement. "That's right!" The summoner's voice was perhaps a shade too cheerful for the situation.

After the alchemist entered, the Launceleyn did indeed let Astra go in next, before he himself followed the other man. They were both delighted by what they found inside. Grinning ear to ear, Loren explored every inch of the place, and he had to go over it again when he realized how deceiving the appearance was.

For a moment his hand crept to his pocket before he stilled it. Instead, his expression softened. "Well. This is incredible work. You might have outdone yourself." There was a great deal of awe in the summoner's voice.

Then he tilted his head. "I imagine there are others you'd like to share the good news with though." His eyes glittered with mirth.
loren

Coding base by Sky!