lie in the grass next to the mausoleum
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Exiting the citadel’s shrine, the Wraith can’t help but have a secret little smile on her face. And to avoid looking so smugly pleased with herself, she flips her cloak hood up and walks briskly down a snow-swept side street, the black lengths billowing slightly behind her. Eventually she finds a secluded area and pauses for a moment, reaching out across the continent for her family - near or far, Samuel, Nate, Rexanna, Bastien, Clemente, Amun, and yes, even Zephoria would hear her voice in their heads.

Dearests, we have an assignment from The Voice. She wonders if they can hear the smile in her tone, the readiness in her mental voice. Meet me at the Safehouse tonight. Ah, well - There’s a pause, a hmmmm. Amun,  meet me at the Oasis and I’ll show you where it is. Rex… it’s your call, but feel free to sit this one out until the end. Plausible deniability and all. Don’t worry - she follows quickly, - no one’s going to get hurt.

Unless they try and stop them.

Assuming Clem will come with Bastien and/or Rex, she waits until the sun sets to teleport to the Oasis, picks up Amun, and then leads him to the Outskirts, where she enters an abandoned, derelict house. Lifting Sam’s cube, she descends the stairs to begin the family meeting.

--------------

Feel free to be there before W, and Amun, feel free to pp W getting ya there.

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Amun heard the call, and he grinned. As soon as the sun set, he headed towards the Oasis. When he got there, he winked at Wessex. ”You’ve been holding out on me, Princess. A secret room?” Chuckling, he followed her to the Safehouse. ”That’s alright, because I’ve been holding out on you when it comes to secret rooms. Or maybe you’ve been holding out on me about this too.” The tone was light and easy, mainly just chit-chatting.

He tilted his head and winked. ”Anyway, did you know there’s a special sex room where even the Ascended can get it up? Or I guess get wet in your case. The point is, we can feel physical pleasure there. It's the bedroom of this lady named Lily.” Unsurprisingly, his tone was quite excited. Mainly, though, he was just trying to fill the time before they talked about their super secret meeting thing.

However, he settled down once they arrived at the Safehouse, and Wessex showed him the special cube thing. He flung himself onto one of the beds. Flopping down, he draped himself artfully and languidly, then waited for the rest of their little crew to show up.

Or not as the case might be.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
RExANNA
the penumbra
She’s busy fixing up something of hers in her old home for Clemente, when she hears Wessex’s voice drift in. A pleasant surprise, and she hasn’t told her sister yet that she’d been granted eyes — eyes with ability nonetheless, but she makes it a point to show despite the warning of plausible deniability. They’re not doing anything other than talking, and in the safe house who would know?

So she makes her way there, not long after Amun and Wessex have descended, before she too lifts the cube and slips in beneath the floorboards to the lower level. Bright green eyes first land on Wessex with a cheerful smile, meandering closer to hug the woman should she let her, before her gaze flits to Amun and she smirks. “Amun. Surprised you’re not wearing my boots.” She winks, before settling and pushing the hood from her head.
don't get cut on my edges
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
I want roses set on fire
And I, well I want what’s best for me
Sam would not tell this to any of his Ascended family, but his first reaction when called by Wessex was a resigned sigh, almost a groan. He'd been in nothing but trouble with seemingly everyone he knew for various Ascended activities for weeks. Now they were going to do something else?! He couldn't wait to have to defend the moral complexities of whatever it was was coming up now.

Maybe, he told himself, it might be something nice. Like a quiet party where they could all read books and eat biscuits. As much as he knew it definitely wouldn't be that, he went anyway. One did not deny Wessex their presence, nor The Voice.

He came to the safehouse and lifted the cube (smiling to himself as he did, still proud of that little bit of smart engineering) and headed down. "Hello, everyone." Sam mumbled as his feet reached the ground, eyes pointed downwards. As he glanced up just briefly to see who had arrived, he caught Rexanna's eyes; that she had eyes to catch at all made him gasp. "Rexanna! Yo--you're better!" He exclaimed, grinning.
And I, I think I know just what that means
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Change author:
they will shake their heads and wag their fingers
by daybreak we'll be gone
As much as Bastien loved to go everywhere with his wife, there was a special pleasure now in knowing that he didn't have to accompany her for fear of her safety; her new eyes had revitalised their lives. He had meant it when he had promised he would have stayed by her side for eternity if he had needed to, but he knew they both had wanted her freedom. To have it, to be able to meet her at the safehouse, it was something he savoured more than he thought he ever could.

Heading down the ladder, he swung about as he reached the ground and waved brightly to all in attendance. "Hello! How depressing that we must all meet in this basement. I must come transform it." Once Rexanna was done showing everyone her new eyes he would step in beside her, kiss her cheek, then wait to see what it was Wessex had to say.
BASTIEN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE
Contrary to his partner, Nate was nothing but excited by the summons in his head. Sure, he understood why Sam was less than elated, but he had never been on the right side of anything before in his life, and he’d never been anything but content with his lot. And honestly, the fact that they were going to a secret base made it all that much better.

He didn’t quite understand the significance of the little cube holding the door down, but it faded from his mind quickly when he clambered down the ladder and realized, oh, I’ve never met an ascended other than Wessex or Sam. Nate didn’t say anything, just put on a winning smile and hovered near Sam, focusing on the point of the meeting. An assignment from the Voice.
trouble usually finds me
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
Clemente
Yeah, there's no way Clem is ever going to get used to the voices in his head. He snorts a tiny laugh at that, listening intently as Wessex beckons them to some sort of safehouse he's never heard of before. It always makes him jump at first to hear her so suddenly, but it's definitely useful as a tool. Rexanna is already at the house, making repairs to something or other that Clem appreciates but likely doesn't need. He's used to living in squalor, in places where a roof over the head was the pinnacle of achievement, but he understands this is also a place she owns that he's merely borrowing. It's easy enough to get directions from her, and though he doesn't go with her it's easy enough to find. The cube is weird, but if it does the job who is he to say anything about it?

Slipping in last, he is surprised to see his carving-buddy there, and gives a small, reserved smile in greeting. Everyone is enamored with Rexanna's eyes, and while they do so Clem tries to catch Amun's gaze, flicking it next to Sam with a mischievous little smirk. He won't do anything of course, but it's amusing to remember their last conversation. And then he summarily finds a nice empty corner for himself, ready to listen to this new mission Wessex is going to impart. He may feel like they're all family to him, but he still feels like the odd kid out most days, and he's happy to linger alone and focus on their little family unit's leader.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

“Oh really?” is just about all she says at the mention of a secret sex room. They’ve been down this road before: Wessex needs to get laid, she’ll be less cranky, yes, yes, we know. And yet… and yet… it’s rather far down on her list of things to do, so Amun will have to excuse her for not jumping at the thought of having a room to actually fuck in again. “I’ll remember that name.” is about the only promise she makes as they enter the bunker. Wessex sets about lighting candles for appearance’s sake, even though they all know they don’t need them.

Rex is the first to arrive, and she’s greeted with a smile and a big hug. “You can see again!” Initially oblivious to the change, it takes Wessex a moment to catch that something is different. Holding her sister at arm’s length, she searches her face for what it is. “Wait - weren’t they? -” But then Sam comes down the ladder and she surrenders the woman to his exclamation. Mmmmmm. A happy thing between them is probably in order.

Catching Bastien’s complaint and offer, the Wraith can only chuckle and sigh. “It’s your safehouse too,” she remarks offhandedly. “Do whatever you like.”

Offering smiles for Nate and Clem, Wessex takes a seat, leaning forward, elbows on knees, and waits for them to finish their hellos. There’s no rush, no sense of urgency. Just a calm sort of eagerness. When they do finally settle - wherever - the demigod starts. “Thank you for coming. I was trying to find a shrine to the New Gods in Halo and obviously there wasn’t one there, but then our Lady came to me at the Old Gods shrine and agreed that building a shrine for her in Halo would be useful. Easier for us as we explore, and safer too. So, this is what we need to do:

Three of us need to gather metal that has been electrically charged. I have electric magic in me, so we really just need the metal. Another three need to go to deep into the Fangs and make a place or a shrine. Wherever, and whatever we want it to look like - just need a space made. And then those three need to meet the three who have the metal and we all need to go to the shrine together and pray.”

Finished, she looks from one face to the other, waiting for their inevitable questions. Which she may or may not be able to answer.

WESSEX
unsex me here
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Amun grinned at Wessex's response. Then, though all the other Ascended were there, filtering in. He waggled his eyebrows at Rexanna. ”Those ratty old things, tough girl? They barely bought me passage to Halo. Really, I did you a favor, sparing your new eyes the sight of them. How’d you get those anyway? The eyes, not the boots.” Chuckling, the sound dark and low, he grinned at Samuel as the redhead exclaimed over their new queen. ”What, no enthusiastic greeting for me, thin?”

As Bastien entered and immediately critiqued the decor, the potter smirked. ”I’ll help.” Next up was a strange man. Not moving, Amun gave a lazy wave. ”You must be Nate. Sam says you’re his partner in all things, so it’s a pleasure to meet you. We’ll have to get properly introduced later.” Winking at Clem, the potter finally settled in to wait for Wessex’s explanation.

When he finished, he grinned, the expression more than a bit wicked. ”Seems easy enough. Rexanna can make the metal right now and you can zap it. Bastien, myself, and a third, or heck, the whole gang, can make the shrine, just so it’s up to our lady’s and the leader of our Artist’s Sanctuary’s exacting standards, and then we can give you all a holler when it’s ready to pray.” He paused to stare at the rest of their little crew.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Change author:
I want roses set on fire
And I, well I want what’s best for me
Sam was a little insulted at Bastien's appraisal of his safehouse (he'd like to see the drunk layabout make his own safehouse. He even painted a picture of The Voice on the wall!) but did not comment, doing his best to put it behind him and sit down, waiting to see what it was Wessex had gathered them all for.

As it happened, it was actually something that excited him. Sam had always liked to go to shrines, to create spaces for their Goddess. After all, even if it had not become 'official', he had made one in this very safehouse. Even more good fortune - he had experience with what Wessex needed to get. "I just made some electrified metal for my fingers." He said, wiggling them in front of himself in case no one had noticed (and given that no one had commented, he assumed not).

Though...it seemed Amun had it all sorted out and Rexanna could just make the metal. Oh. Well, that blew out Sam's plan of scavenging in the Ruins. Still, he wanted to be involved. "I'd like to come to help build the shrine."
And I, I think I know just what that means
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
RExANNA
the penumbra
She hugs the Wraith tight, cheerful fanged smile angled her way that grows even brighter as Wessex scans her. “Used to be blue. Voice thought I could start fresh.” She offers, a wink before Sam’s exclamation takes her by a small amount of surprise, and she approaches him briefly to reach for him and squeeze his arm with a nod. And Amun’s comment catches her as well, a lilting snicker leaving her lips. “Well, had I thought you’d take them to Halo, I might have let you have a better pair. What’s a poor blind girl to do?” She teases. As for how she got them? How does he think she did?

Storytime would come later, as she greets Nate with a cheerful smile however brief before she leans into Bastien as he takes up place along her side, kissing her cheek. Her green gaze flitting to her husband briefly, before catching Clemente’s approach and how he departs for the shadows. And that wouldn’t do, now would it? She reaches for the boy to pull him beside her and Bastien, arm tightening around his own to pin him there with a small wink.

The tasks are laid out, and while Rexanna doesn’t particularly think she should go scouting out Halo without meeting Neron first and council things, well, she gives the potter a swift glance and nod. “Did she specify how large the metal needed to be?” She asks, green eyes glinting toward Wessex with a small dark raised brow. If she created one, Wessex could do the same and they could have double the amount should they need it. But she doesn’t say it allowed, secrets are secrets after all, and she doesn’t know who all knows yet.

Sam mentions his fingers, and she looks over to him with her own small gasp of surprise. “Sam! You got your fingers back too?” She cheers to him, grinning widely. Well, it seemed the ragtag Ascended crew were back in tip top order. No need to worry, were there?
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

Oh? She glances over at Samuel and notices that he does indeed have all his appendages back. Good for him. “Glad you’re whole,” she says quietly, after Rex’s exclamation. But ah, back to the matter at hand.

“That’s a great idea, but She was adamant about three of us doing each task. Doesn’t have to be a different three for each, but it does need to be three.” A shrug. “Which means that it may have to be the hard way. Unless someone wants to find a way to bite someone with creation magic.” A hunch says there’s something about a group of them doing a thing together than infuses the pieces with meaning, even if it’s just that they I don’t know how big. Most of her shrines are fairly small, and we know she doesn’t care for the pomp and circumstance of the Old Gods. Maybe pieces as tall as a person?” She really doesn’t know and is open to any suggestions they have to offer.

“It really doesn’t matter who does what, so long as we meet the numbers requirements. And I’d like to have who’s going to do what settled before we leave here.” Looking at the small group patiently, she waits for volunteers for each task.

WESSEX
unsex me here
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun spared a smirk for Rexanna, though he swiftly turned his attention back to Wessex. At her clarification, he nodded, before turning very briefly thoughtful eyes on Samuel. Then the potter grinned at the former queen.

"Well, since Samuel has experience with the metal already, and you've got the lightning magic, why don't you, he, and Nate work on getting the metal ready. Bastien, Rexanna, and I, as the artists in the room, can prepare the shrine in the Fangs." He glanced at the head of the Artist's Sanctuary and the current Queen, wondering whether there would be any objections to him making another suggestion.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RExANNA
the penumbra
It’s a nice thought, really, and she listens as Amun suggests that they make the shrine in the Fangs. Only… That might give her a bad view as well, and her efforts are likely better suited for remaining in the Grounds, whether it be helping collect the metal to electrify it, or something else – she’s not certain. She bites down on her lip briefly before she regards Amun and then Wessex.

I think it might be best if I stayed here, pretending to have as little involvement as possible.” Her green gaze flickers to Wessex then, sure that the ex-Queen could understand that. But when it comes to the metal though, she glances to Samuel and Nate almost apologetically. “I could help with the metal, though?” She doesn’t have electric magic, but she does have eyes now to scout and find and gather.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3