if i was a better man
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
you should know, that i'm a ticking time bomb
and you're getting close
He’d waited a small amount of time for those most injured to be healed or tended to, but he hadn’t quite gotten to the point of feeling totally okay. Loren had healed him after he’d emerged from the mud monster, and yet he still felt wrong. He’d spent the nights since drinking as he always did, quiet, aloof, but surprisingly not alone. Melita had stayed with him since, and her presence there helped keep him from fully succumbing.

But he still wanted to find out what’s wrong.

So he winds his way, a bit later in the day when his hangover is gone for the most part, toward the College. He imagines Phoebe is away, but there’s others there he’s sure, and perhaps they might be able to get an understanding of what’s wrong. So he slips in, clicking the door closed behind him, before clearing his throat and dark shadowed steel eyes glance around. “Hello?” He calls out quietly, letting his voice drift across the quiet college, waiting for someone to offer help.
so better watch your step, because i'm about to blow
and where the pieces land i guess we'll never know
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
Nate had expected everything to be boring when he came back from Halo. After moving around so much, staying still was bound to wear on him a little. He’d always had a great sense of timing, and apparently that applied to this too. Instead of spending his time going through inventory in the college, and suggesting improvements to Phoebe, he was in the college to take care of the injured from the festival.

Well he’d asked for excitement.

Things had just started calming down, he was dozing (or as close to it as he could get) in his office, when a voice rang out from the front hall. With a soft groan, Nate ventured down the hall, stepping out to greet the latest patient with a smile on his face. ”Hello, welcome. I’m Doctor Wren, did you need help?” Though he did his best to maintain a professional facade, he couldn’t stop his eyes from roaming up and down the man.
to be honest, I’m full of shit
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
and you're getting close
It’s surprisingly quiet here, though part of him wonders if the Infirmary is where a majority of people have gone. And with it, he doesn’t feel quite so bad, taking up time from a healer from another. The place seems dead anyway, and as he steps more fully into the hallway, his gaze drifts over to the shadow of a movement, spine straightening to try and combat the hint of alcohol and cigarettes that linger in his clothes and on his person.

The man smiles to him, introduces himself as ‘Doctor Wren’, and that’s really all Sunjata needs to hear before he steps over to the other rather tall man. Not quite as tall as him, he notes, but nobody ever was. Adam probably came the closest with the boots the man wore. He’s oblivious enough to miss the way Nate’s gaze looks him up and down. Regardless, he offers a brief smile of his own in greeting. “Hey, yeah. I was healed magically after Fiat Lux, but I’m not sure if maybe some things were lingering.” There’s a small frown that crosses his face at that, shrugging lightly, beneath his jacket where tattooed shoulders are still slightly bruised, cuts creeping up from his collarbones and up and down his arms.
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
Nate doesn’t even get through the entirely of his greeting before the man is stepping closer, offering his own smile. Nodding, Nate reaches out to put a hand on his shoulder, leading him gently into one of the examination rooms. ”So what exactly are you feeling? Is it just a general ache, or a specific place that’s bothering you?” He tries to avoid wrinkling his nose at the mention of magical healing, sure it worked quickly and all that, but something about it didn’t sit right with him. Something more than the fact that it put him out of a job.

As he waited for an answer, Nate moved around the room, washing his hands and pulling out the small array of examination tools he had available to him. Technically he had never trained to be this kind of doctor, but it wasn’t particularly difficult, considering he’d trained to be a surgeon, and the fact that he more or less set the standards.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
Letting Nate place his hand on his shoulder to guide him to a room, he basically does as instructed. Nearing one of the chairs, he wonders where to really begin, and decides that perhaps showing would be easier. So before he sits, he shrugs out of his jacket, slinging it over the back of it to where he remains in his sleeveless shirt – the bruises and scratches along his arms, along his shoulders flecked among the deep navy of his tattoos, full display as he goes to sit. “Well… For starters, I should probably say that I was in the monster that attacked Fiat Lux.” He rumbles offhandedly, lip curling in small amount of distaste.

As Nate washes up however, Sunjata’s gaze drifts up to the other man as he rubs at the side of his neck, over one of the compasses before sighing. “I’ve still got some chest pain… I’m not sure if it’s because I was probably drowning in the fucking thing, but.. Sore, slight cough.” He tries to figure out if that’s good enough, steel eyes bagged with exhaustion slip back to Nate’s face as he raises a dark brow, anxieties causing the blue tattoos to fletch out with real navy feathers from his macaw shift, dotting his shoulders and sides of his neck.
SuNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Nate is more than a little pleased to see that his patient has taken the liberty of taking off his jacket, and again he finds his eyes roaming over shoulders and tattoos, the familiar smells of smoke and drink calling to a life Nate is trying to step out of. The bruises and cuts inspire a wince of sympathy though, Nate’s now clean hands barely ghosting over the marks. ”That’s probably a detail you want to start with.” He jokes, his voice staying light easily.

”Have you been more tired or irritable lately? Not as hungry maybe?” Enough time had passed since the festival that there shouldn’t be anything life threatening to worry about, but that also meant there should have been enough time for any symptoms to pass as well. ”You should come earlier next time. Almost drowning is one of those things that keeps trying to kill you.” Despite his words thoygh, there wasn’t too much Nate could actually see wrong with Sunjata, apart from the purely physical injuries. He listened to his breathing, checked his pulse and temperature, then stood back, frowning.

”There’s one more test I can try, it’s a little bit... invasive, but it’s also highly accurate. If there’s something bothering you, I’ll be able to find out.” Nate was kind of dancing around the real issue with the “test”, but it would help. ”I’ll just need to take a sample of your blood.” He smiled wide then, though it wasn’t clear if he was telling a joke or showing off his testing equipment. Maybe both.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
Nate’s joke elicits a snort from the Korofi man, and he follows through with doing whatever it is the doctor needs him to do. The questions, however, do give him a bit of pause as the man looks him over. “All of the above?” He offers, steel gaze lifting up to look at the man and his surprisingly bright eyes. But when he tells him that he should’ve come earlier next time, Sunjata can’t help the half almost sad smile that crosses his face. “Ah, well I thought that people actually dying were probably more important than whatever this is.” He does manage to shrug before Nate’s checking his pulse, checking his breathing, his temperature.

Steel gaze returns to Nate’s bright ones at the mention of another test. Invasive? After some of the things he’d done in Korofi he wasn’t sure how much more invasive certain tests could be (tho he’d find out he’s wrong) and he casually finds the mans fangs, the comment of blood… And well, he’s never been bit before. He doesn’t know what it will do to him, but if it finds out what’s wrong with him? Even if there isn’t anything wrong? Well… It’s certainly something worth thinking about.

I’ve… Never been bit by an Ascended before.” He stumbles over the words, recalling the cool touch of Nate’s hands, the fangs, it made sense in a way. “But uh, sure, go ahead?” He leans back in the chair, steel eyes following however Nate plans to do it, knowing nothing of what to expect.
SuNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
”All of the above, huh?” Nate repeated softly, though his tone very clearly said well that sucks shit. He rolls his eyes at the little self sacrificing spiel he’s given, pulling away for a moment to... well, openly mock sounds rude even in his head, but Nate does do a variety of jerking off gestures before leaning back in and looking very seriously into the dark eyes of his patient. ”Do you know you weren’t actually dying? Did you know you can drown up to a day after getting out of the water? And your throat can just close up for days after? You don’t get to decide when you’re dying, and if it’s ever less important.” He grew steadily more serious, and marginally closer to Sunjata the entire time he spoke, ending up in his face without even really looking at him.

Then, like it had never really happened, the sharpness was gone from his voice, and Nate’s face softened back into an easy smile. ”It’s not that bad. Being on your end, at least.” He reached out to take Sunjatas hand, pulling his arm up and out, until the inside of his wrist was aimed to the ceiling. There’s a moment where Nate thought about telling Sunjata what to expect, telling him that this was the first time he’d bit anyone, but... that would only be worrying, right? Better to just bite the bullet wrist. Which he did.

The euphoria was just the same from the other side, though he had the sense to keep from making a noise, Nate couldn’t help the way his grip tightened around Sunjatas arm, holding him still.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
The tone to Nate’s voice takes him by surprise, even the action does too, it makes him feel somewhat like he’s back home – being told what to expect, what to do, how to react, how to think clearly despite everything else being chaotic. And he returns to that soldier-ish mentality, though the curve of his lip hints at some small amount of amusement at the gesture. But the words, those he takes seriously, and as a man from a place where flooding was common – hell, his moniker even was the Flood, he certainly knew little about lingering effects.

Ah, no… I didn’t.” He rumbles, but takes a moment to make a mental note of exactly what to look for the next time – how he’d… Likely could’ve just died when he thought so many others had been worse off. But it was just mud, right? Not water? That was different, right? He tries to offer a small smile of understanding, a sort of ‘yes sir’ approach, before Nate’s tone softens and he finds his steel gaze lingering on the other man’s face as his arm is lifted.

He silently thanks Safrin that the man chose the wrist, after all – the neck seemed far too intimate for a check-up, let alone the feelings that’ll come after. But feathers begin to sprinkle along his shoulders in his quiet anxiety, wondering if it’ll hurt worse than the traditional ways of a blood draw. But when it happens? It’s… Euphoric, it’s intense. His other hand grips the chair tightly the second Nate’s fangs pierce his skin. His breath hitches, head tilting back against the back of the chair. Oh, this is not at all what he expects, nothing even close to the sort. And when Nate grips onto his arm, his eyes shudder closed, he can’t help the groan that leaves his throat – a rumble somewhat akin to a purr – his panther form edging out in the hints of the tones to his voice. It rolls through him, heats him from the inside out like a flame that can’t be put out, with such a fire that he can’t focus – can’t think, as his fingers go to unconsciously try to pull Nate closer.

A man has never, well, made him feel this way – but there’s that primal part of him that wants to growl and give in, this strange part of him that wants nothing more than this.
SuNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
From the very first moment, the very first taste on his tongue, Nate didn’t want to pull away. He wanted to hold Sunjata down and take everything, all the power he felt in his blood, the animal skins hiding behind the face of a man. His grip tightened again, almost sure to leave a bruise by this point, as something more reaches him through the haze of pleasure. Nights spent drinking to blackout, and something else, something almost sour. Suddenly this becomes less about satisfying himself, more about tracking down whatever this taste is, pinning down its source.

Nate pulls off of Sunjata wrist almost reluctantly, pressing a thumb over the holes while he looked up, light eyes searching the other mans face. He goes to speak, then pauses, and reaches up to put a hand on his shoulder. ”You okay? Just breathe.” A smile crosses his face again, and his voice is a soothing buzz. ”Take a really deep breath for me.” As he takes, the hand on Sunjatas shoulder moves down to his chest, palm coming to a rest just under his solar plexus.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
He’d done well at managing the symptoms, he thinks. At least, temporary – a bandage over the true infliction. And when Nate bites and he gives in, he ignores those temporary band-aids as he zones in – that primal, predatory part of him focusing on Nate’s bite, the soft lips that caress his wrist, and right when he feels like he’s about to give in, the other man pulls away – leaving Sunjata panting, chest heaving with the sudden loss of the euphoria that had encapsulated him. And he hisses, through clenched teeth at the loss of it, before he can’t help but to lean forward, head tilting to the side as he breaks down into fits of coughing.

He regains control, swallowing hard, pushing those feelings aside as he leans back against the chair, free hand reaching up to run through his hair as Nate scans his face, places a hand on his shoulder. He gives a nod, unable to speak, unable to think about what just happened – the soothing buzz of Nate’s voice so at odds from what his sounds like, the accented rumble of something deeper, something darker, more guttural in comparison. But he manages, through hoarse means to try and follow the order.

A deep breath that feels crackly, like lightning in his lungs as they fight him, zeroed in completely on Nate’s touch on his chest – steel gaze shadowed yet still lust hidden beneath dark lashes lifting to look up at the other man. “I’m okay. I think.” He offers quietly, between attempts to catch his breath, to understand what just happened as though he’s in a haze.
SuNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Brows pull together in worry and sympathy as Sunjata is wracked with a coughing fit, the smile that had seemed so easy on Nate’s face before suddenly bearing a weight, threatening to fall away completely. He is patient though, let’s the other man catch his breath before asking for anything more, the hand on his chest helping to support him and the one on his wrist rubbing slow circles over his pulse. Trying to be soothing. Trying to take up as much time as possible with it, or at least enough that they’re both less affected by the bite. It doesn’t seem appropriate to say anything right now.

Nate doesn’t even need his hand on Sunjatas chest, he can hear the wet rasp as a breath is pulled in, can’t believe he managed to miss it before. Wrote it off as a smokers rattle, wrote off the heat coming off him as being unused to body heat now. Stupid. He looks up into dark eyes, the list there making this harder than it needs to be. There is an apology already dancing in his own baby blues, giving him away, all but screaming I’m sorry I’m lying. ”You’re okay.” He agrees softly, then ducks down, pressing his ear to Sunjatas chest, the hand that had been there wrapping around him instead to spread smoothly on his back, Nate half supporting him now.

”Another breath?” The request is a little louder, more clinical, as if to make up for the less than professional position. Nate bears the rattle again, the difficulty of the breath, and sighs, leaning back again. ”You drink.” It’s not a questions. ”Do you smoke?” This is a question, Nate’s head tilting to the side.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
The feeling dissipates, slowly at first, and he can actually focus on the tightness of his chest – the chest pain, slight cough he announced before when Nate had asked what was wrong. Perhaps it had been worse than he originally anticipated, but that was why he was here wasn’t it? He hadn’t felt right, and he’d known something was wrong – it’s only brought onto the full bit of lightning crackling within his lungs by the surprise, the shock, the enjoyment of the bite. But as Nate agrees, he can see the apology in his eyes – though whether it’s from the bite or the news, he’s not sure.

Still, he lets Nate move him wherever he needs to, leaning forward to let the Ascended’s hand reach his back, the mans ear to his chest – still pinpointed, still zoned to the other man’s presence and touch though not nearly as intently as before. He take another rattling, crackly breath at Nate’s instruction. And when the man pulls back, his steel gaze slips up to the other man’s face at the results. Despite it not being a question, he nods. He owns the bar after all. At the mention of if he smokes, well, he’s quite guilty of that. “Uh, yeah. For… About seven years now.”  There had been times where it wasn’t as prominent, but as of late it’s picked up – after Lusea, after the mud monster, after everything. And he knows it's not healthy, it's likely not helping, but sometimes old habits died hard.
SuNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Nate nods, heaving a sigh out of habit rather than any need to do so. The smile is gone from his face completely, replaced by a serious frown, a tic in his jaw like he was chewing over a problem. ”Okay. Okay, uh, well first off, not to say I told you so the first time we’ve met but... there’s fluid in your lungs.” There’s no easy way around this admission, no way to make it sound better. So Nate just does what he thinks he’d want, gives Sunjata a moment to digest his words, then continues. ”It’s worse than just pneumonia, and it’s going to keep getting worse. But it can get better. No more smoking, no more drinking, at the very least.”

It’s easy to see the way his mind is racing, jumping from option to option as Nate considers the best course of action, the best treatment. If he had access to everything he needed, he’d keep the other man here, on oxygen so he could keep a close eye on him. He busies his hands while he thinks, wrapping a loose bandage around the puncture marks he’d made. ”We can work on a treatment plan together, find something that’ll get you better. Do you have any questions?” Nate realized he hadn’t actually given the other man a chance to say anything, to react to the news, and tried to shoehorn an opportunity in, soft eyes moving back up to his face.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3