{OPEN} here comes the sun
OPEN
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Yours is the light by which my spirit's born
you are my sun
It had only really been once that Oliver truly ventured into the Fae's territory. Originally, he had been far too scared that something would go awry. However, he soon grew far more comfortable with the idea of traveling alone thanks to Loren taking him to see Ludo's Woods. Maybe the confidence was a bit too much as he somehow ended up visiting alone. Remembering the path they somewhat took, Oliver managed to emerge into a beautiful forest. It wasn't nearly as terrifying as Ludo's Woods and he was able to relax.

There were a couple of reasons for why he wanted to venture out here. After the horrors of Fiat Lux, he needed to calm down and feel better. If he managed to meditate in the middle of a creepy woods, then surely he could be able to here as well? Plus, he was looking to gather some materials. He owed Safrin and Frey some offerings and he wanted to find something to give to them. Spices, shiny stones, or anything that could last a long time. Something that he couldn't easily find near his home to show his dedication to Safrin and thanks to Frey.

A part of him also wanted to get to know the Faes, to speak with one personally. The most experience he had with one was at the festival during spin the bottle, which hardly counted as a real interaction. Hopefully he wasn't disrespecting them so far.
my moon
and all my stars
OLIVER
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nephele
Fiat Lux had not scared away Nephele, though she finds herself in her ancestral home once more after its events. The drama of the Hollowed Grounds cannot touch her as effectively here, and it settles her mind. Though there is no love lost between the humans and the Fae, the death of children - the senseless slaughter of any kind regardless of age, truly - will never leave her with more than an ashen taste in her mouth. But in the end, it is their territory. Their fight. Just as the circle of life claims young, old, and sickly alike. It is magically enhanced and with a touch of the Gods meddling with the erection of the barrier, but the theory remains the same. As a biologist, it makes sense to her. Grief does not strike her quite the same way, especially when her empathy is already restricted towards humans.

The appearance of one said human is like fate, and Nephele huffs softly as she immediately changes course. Simultaneously curious and suspicious of the boy's presence. She doesn't bother to announce her arrival, only her soft hush of wingbeats a warning if his ears are keen enough. She lands upon a branch over him, peering down with arms crossed and face impassive. "What brings you here Grounder?" No point in niceties until he has earned them.
I ache in a language so old
even the earth no longer remembers
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
you are my sun
Due to the fae being so quiet, Oliver didn't realize that he was being watched. Instead, he stayed focus on his mini mission. A mission he was soon completely forgetting about, way to stay focused. His eyes wandered around, looking at all the breathtaking beauty that the world had to offer. It was far better and more comfortable than Ludo's woods, seeing as everything was full of life and smelled fresh.

The sudden voice caused him to jump a couple of feet in the air. Looking around, he didn't see anyone around him. What the fuck? And why was he called a Grounder? What's that mean? "I just...wanted to explore here....maybe get some spices or flowers or shiny rocks or something...I don't mean to intrude." His eyes continued to shift around him, looking for someone who may be hiding behind a tree or camouflaged, somehow. He didn't know how the fae work so who knows, maybe they can turn themselves invisible.
my moon
and all my stars
OLIVER
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Nephele
Nephele smirks to herself as the pale-haired Grounder looks frantically for who has spoken, eyes never landing upon where she stands above him on the branch. It's like watching a half-blind cub search around for a predator, helpless and naive. Tapping her foot upon the branch to let a few leaves drift down upon him, she gives a soft snort of a laugh. "Do all Grounders never look above their chests? What a dreary existence." Is it because they are not capable of flight, that they never bother to look up?

At least he is honest about his intentions, not that it wins him many favors in Nephele's historically biased book. "Are you aware of what is and is not poisonous in the Greatwood?" Not spoken out of concern for him, but a curiosity. Have they acquired and dispersed information about the Greatwood in the Grounds? Perhaps similarly to how she has explored the Grounds to record her own data?
Blacksmith

Change author:
you are my sun
The rustling of leaves quite literally caused Oliver to lurched back a bit, his foot falling down hard, crunching the leaves below him. His eyes shifted around before his neck finally craned upwards where he saw the small Fae. Visibly, Oliver's eyes grew wide. This was.... one of his first ever true encounters with a Fae and, well, he had no idea what to say. How to act. The last thing he expected was for the Fae to be so sassy, yet here he was, being playfully mocked by a Fae.

"Most are a bit more aware than me-" Yeah, Oliver was well aware of how blind he could be and that his blindness was.... a unique trait he held. Great job blonde boy. "I am pretty well aware... but if you're willing to tell me more then I'm all ears. I'm Oliver, what's your name?" Right now, he wasn't about to ask for the Fae to do anything too outrageous, so he stuck with the simple things. Sticking to the topic she brought up and asking for a name. It seemed appropriate and fine...hopefully.
my moon
and all my stars
OLIVER
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
Nephele
Nephele merely lifts a brow at his self-deprecation, not really caring about why he feels the need to disparage himself. She is not nearly so self-conscious, and so it unfortunately only lowers her esteem of him. "Then perhaps you should task yourself with learning awareness." Why he would continue to let himself be oblivious and easily endangered is beyond her.

She steps calmly off the branch, wings fluttering as she lowers herself smoothly to sit upon it instead, swinging one leg over the other as she stares imperiously down at the man. "Why would I deign to give you such knowledge? Perhaps you will mistake a similar looking berry and poison yourself, I wouldn't want to get in the way of that now would I?" Smoothly working around the impulse that keeps her from lying by utilizing her most saccharine, mocking sarcasm. Flicking fiery locks over her shoulder she stares down at him, toe tapping aimlessly in the air as she considers his question. "I am Nephele." All he needs to know really.