mistakes will be made
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Normally hearing that a wedding would be occurring was a happy occasion. A sign that things were going right in someone's life, but for someone like Sunjata? That was most likely the opposite. Oliver hadn't known the man for longer than a season and a half, but even then he felt extremely close to his new friend. He had learned quite a lot about him, one of which being his dramatic romance life. Recently, he had lost his girlfriend, Lusea, and Oliver thought that he'd be moping forever, but apparently he was suddenly getting married to his ex. Nobody rebound that fast. Nobody.

He would've visited his friend if the wedding had been normal, just to congratulate him and offer help during the wedding. So it wasn't too weird to Oliver that he was going to go and speak to him about this situation. Yeah, he was still going to offer his help, but he also needed to make sure that Sunjata was okay, that nothing was wrong and that all of this was happening for the right reasons.

Stepping into the bar, Oliver looked around for his friend. "Sunjata? It's me, Oliver." He wanted to seem chill at first, make Sunjata realize that it was going to be okay and that he could be fully open about everything.

Sunjata
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i have seen what the darkness does
say goodbye to who i was
Of course news would spread, the town was small in comparison, and it had been posted on the notice board. At the Oasis, perhaps symbolic of where they’d met this time last year. Perhaps symbolic of how much he loved the water. Perhaps it meant none of that and it was done to mock him. He didn’t know where it left him. He’d been told to stick to bed rest, but he couldn’t follow that either. And much like how Loren found him, Oliver will find him sitting on a stool on the inside of the bar, fiddling with something or other, Haai yipping a greeting from her gargoyles perch above.

Oliver.” He manages to say through a hoarse voice, no time for nicknames or amusement. Indeed, it looks more like Sunjata is preparing for a funeral rather than a wedding. Perhaps that was what it was, in the end. A slow, painful march to his death.

He exhales a crackling breath before his horned head lifts to meet the blonde man. “What can I do for you?” He asks, head tilting, earrings glinting in the low light of the bar.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Gods did he look bad. It was....not great and pretty much exactly what Oliver was worried about. It was clear that Sunjata was an unhappy man, not someone super excited to get married to the love of his life. Marriage should be for love, not for procreation or simply to appease another person. Oliver had no idea why Sunjata was getting married, but clearly it wasn't for his own happiness.

He tried to offer a faint, comforting smile to Sunjata as he walked on over. "Just....wanted to check in on you, that's all....a lot has happened this last week and you have a wedding and stuff...so I wanted to offer my help?" It's obvious he's being completely honest. He isn't trying to pry into his private life, really. As badly as Oliver wants to know why the marriage is happening, he knows that Sunjata has a right to privacy. For now, he'd just offer his help and companionship.

"Weddings are....fucking stressful, so if you need help setting up or someone to talk with through this...I'm here for ya. I can even do your hair or get you something from the market if you'd like? Hell, I'll even cook for you."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
The faint comforting smile is lost on him as he focuses back onto the bar, onto anything but what the next day entails. But the mention of a wedding, his wedding, has his lip curling with a small haphazard nod. “Phoebe’s planning it all. I’ve got the rings and the suit done. Not sure what else can be done.” He offers with a small rasping, crackling sigh before he focuses back on Oliver, head and gaze lifting to the blonde man.

At the offers though, he wants to shy away, shrink away, pretend it’s not happening. “I’m content to let her deal with it. She’s started it, she can figure it out.” He says, lifting his gaze again to linger on Oliver’s face. “She’ll get me exactly as is. I’m not putting effort into it.” No effort when she tightens the cuffs around his hands, no effort when she locks away the key.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Ah...interesting. Oliver can feel the tension and he kind of regrets even bringing up the wedding at all. Obviously, Sunjata isn't doing well. Phoebe has completely taken it over, only making Oliver believe that this wedding was entirely one-sided. Wow. He used to think that Phoebe was a good person, someone he could go to for help, but right now? She seemed like a controlling bitch.

With nothing for him to do help wise, Oliver instead chooses to take a seat next to Sunjata. "If you don't want to put in effort, we can still hang out before hand? I know....weddings you usually party a lot the day before...and well, I think you deserve to have a nice night tonight." Enjoy the life Sunjata is giving away....Oliver wanted to make him feel happy, maybe even choose to not get married. At least make him not completely miserable, seeing as he would soon be trapped in a wedding.

"Come on...we should do something. I could....sketch you or Haai? Or maybe we could play a game. Something to ease your mind. I can feel the tenseness of your shoulders, Sun."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
He tilts his head to Oliver as the man comes to sit beside him, to listen while he lists out the ways that he simply and frankly doesn’t care. His gaze drifts then, a hum of a rasping, crackling chuckle leaving him at the mention of partying. Yes, they’d done that in Korofi too — typically a bloody brawl. But not here, not with his orders of bed rest. He couldn’t even drink the day away, smoke to keep his temper at bay.

All in all, it sucked.

Wish I could party. I’m sick so none of that I can do either.” His lip curls as he focuses on a grain within the wood, steel eyes shadowed and haunted. “A nice night…” He reiterates, shaking his head. Is it possible anymore? He doesn’t even react when Oliver says Sun, just flatly looking forward, unsure, not knowing, not caring. “This is fine.” He shrugs, beckoning mentally to have Haai come to the bar should Oliver wish to sketch her.
SUNJATA
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
It feels like the two are back to square one. Sunjata is hardly talking to him and he's showing little to no emotions. It's concerning and Oliver knows that it's because of the wedding, but he cant help but worry about their friendship. Things would be okay after the wedding....right? He couldn't lose Sunjata, he just couldn't.

With a frown, Oliver was now worried about the other man's health. "Hey, we can do things that don't interfere with your sickness...what's going on with your body? I can help figure out some fun things to do." Oliver wanted to help him, that much was clear based on his face and voice. He liked Sunjata, he liked him a lot. He wanted the man to be okay.

"Do you have a dart board? Or anything like that?"
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
It is essentially back to square one, because Sunjata’s shut down – he’s to himself, closed off, unmoved, short, and gods he’s tired. He focuses on the grains of the wood in the bar tabletop when Oliver speaks next, steel gaze haunted and shadowed as he reaches up to rub at the back of his neck while Haai moves over to hop onto his lap, and Sunjata lowers his hands to his companion, fingers pressing into the dark long coat she bears. “I’m drowning.” He puts it simply, gaze finally lifting to Oliver. “Some sort of respiratory distress that’s pretty bad, so.” A shake of his head, before it tilts and he looks away from Oliver.

The mention of a dart board, however? He’s not sure where one could be – but certainly he has enough daggers to make do with a makeshift one if Oliver wishes to make the target. “I don’t have one set up, but we could make one if you wanted.” He suggests, fingers curling into Haai’s fur as she peers at him from wide emerald eyes. Whether Oliver does it or not, doesn't matter to him. He doesn't care at this point, having already given up before it all begins. He doesn't even notice the choice the blonde makes, too focused on the drowning of his own vices.

- FIN
SUNJATA