high koala-tee discoveries
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Age: 27 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 6 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Firebirb Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LIBBS
Libbs was never much of a tree climber. And after today, she was pretty sure that was never going to change.

Amazing how going to get a cup of water turned into one of the worse trips into her life. Perhaps someone had poisoned her? The police were very throrough in hiding her, so it seemed unlikely but y'never knew. People were diligent. And cunning. And tricksy. Though, she had to admit, this was one way to go. She didn't even know drugs had the power to make you trip this hard. All she did was open up a closet door and now she's gone off the deep end.

She looked down from her very-precarious perch in the tree, looking down at the ground below. This was one hell of a trip. She's never even seen a tree this huge before. It was kind of cool. If she gets out this trip, she should figure out where they got it from. At least, until the branch started to creak in distress. Her sluggish eyes widened, her mouth forming a small 'oh!' before the limb broke beneath her, and high-pitched squeaks of anguish, followed by 'OW! Oh!" and a hard thunk before she lay like a child's ragdoll on the floor.

A few hours of quiet passed- before the limp noodle started to wiggle back to life again. Her eyes fluttered open, a growing pain in the side of her noggin, one hand reaching back to the swelling knot on her head. Her eyes fluttered from one leafy bush to another. Thoughts seemed to be attempting to form, but short-circuiting midway as she crawled against the ground. Where ZZT where.. huh.. Her gaze would move to the things that had traveled with her. Those gave a good, warm feeling. And she found herself instinctively reaching out for her boots.. her jackets, her toolwrap, though some of the tools had come loose. As she'd pick up some, she'd open her mouth ajar like a brain-dead monkey, wearing nothing more than a pair of koala printed pajama pants and a tank top to match.

The braincell was pulling some overtime today.
let's run off to costa rica
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Jigano loved the Glade. After Rory's farmstead and the Atheneum it was his third-favorite place in the world. It would likely be tied with the Atheneum if he hadn't put so much time and effort into getting the building repaired and finding a home for his Guild within it. But with all of the death and damage that had happened in the past year, starting with the blight and ending most recently with Fiat Lux, he had found less and less time to spend there.

Today, as Longheat scorched the Fields and sent waves of heat rising in the Settlement, he found his way beneath the cool branches and into the verdant foliage, watered from the nearby Oasis. He needed time to reflect on his failings and decide what was needed to overcome them, to soothe his heart and take time to let go of some of his guilt. To--

Solitude, it seemed, was not in the cards. He paused as he entered the clearing, hand resting on a familiar elm bole as he took in the sight of a woman wearing... something, all right, and her stunned expression as she collected scattered items of clothing and tools. Outlandish clothing? Shocked appearance? Strange belongings?

He pulled himself a little straighter, feeling the mask of welcoming courtesy settle over his features as he cleared his throat, keeping his distance until he saw how she'd react. "Hello," he called quietly, hoping not to startle her too badly. "Would you like a hand?" The newcomer would see a tall man, lean and graceful beneath clothing of dove greys and pale greens, with leather trousers tucked into soft-soled boots. His honey-gold skin stood in contrast to his long white hair, pulled back in a ponytail from blue eyes that watched her with s mix of wariness and concern. High above a small creature trilled and then chortled, and his eyes flicked up with the hint of a smile before returning to Libbs as he awaited her answer.
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Age: 27 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Libbs, mouth still ajar, looked up to Jigano, eyes wide, awkwardly returning the blue stare. The lights were on, but no one was home quite yet. She blinked for a few moments, slackjawed, until she groaned, one hand smacking the back of her head as a wave of pain pulsed through her cranium. The empty gaze started to flicker into some sort of sentience, her eyes narrowing as she winced and looked around bewildered. It seemed that the inner workings of Libbs was finally finished rebooting, and she quickly snapped her attention back onto the man in front of her.

Her head shook up and down, scouring him from head to toe. He was.. oh what was that WORD? Weird looking? Well no, weird implied bad. He wasn't BAD looking per say. But her memory couldn't recall seeing a white haired man before. Or did she? Her lips pushed together in deep thought. Wait. She scratched her head, twirling the wrench in her hand contemplatively.  He said something. What did he say?

A few moments of awkward silence, the sable eyes moving to the.. bird.. cat? On his shoulder? And one could visibly hear the 'CLUNK' as everything started to click into place. "Oh!" she shouted, almost excited to finally piece a coherent thought together. 'LIBBS. USE YOUR WORDS.' her inner mind screamed. "Yes! Please.. Um.." she fumbled as she tried to move to her feet. "Now your sentences.." "... Um.. T.. Thank you, good- uh, sir." she paused. "Wh.. where am I? And- wha- what happened?"
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
This wasn't Jigano's first new Outlander, and he was content to wait with calm patience as she sorted herself out, shock clearly playing a role and not one he was in any hurry to force. She was moving and didn't seem to be bleeding, and if she let him close enough he might be able to check for internal damage, but if she didn't? Well, that was okay, too. If she needed to hit herself on the back of the head to convince herself she was awake and he was real, who was he to argue with methods that seemed to work? Besides aside from the heat (and at least it was a dry heat) it was a beautiful day in the shade, and he was in no hurry.

The wrench was interesting. Some sort of clockwork or machine builder, perhaps? An engineer or technician? His eyes followed it until her shout made him blink and brought his attention back around again, realizing she was staring at his empty shoulder. High in the branches above Isuma chortled again, still out of sight (he had learned before that not all outlanders took the presence of gryphons in stride) and he arched a pale brow as the woman seemed to find her tongue and use it to build a workable sentence or three. He stayed where he was for a moment longer before approaching slowly, moving to help pick up some stray clothes that had been blown onto some bushes. "My name is Jigano,"" he said conversationally, keeping his tone light and gentle. "You're in a place known as the Hollowed Grounds. This right here is the Glade. As for what happened... what's the last thing you remember?" First things first, see what sort of world she came from to see what similarities they could try and match up.
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Change author:
She stumbled to her feet, after a few gradual moments, holding her arms out to study herself, twisting her neck around to follow his movements, before she'd wiggle and stumble backwards , landing back in the soil with a soft thud! She blinked, before rolling onto her shoulders and attempting to push herself back to her feet again.. this time a bit more slowly. She put a lot of thought into his request. Hmm.. She remembered.. that..

"I was thirsty." That was true. She could feel the sandpaper texture on her tongue, and her chapped lips. She still was thirsty. She paused. "I remember that.." she mulled. She saw him pluck various items of hers out of the bushes, suddenly realizing that she should probably do the same! And so she staggered a bit, eventually stumbling forward into a crawl. Easier to pick up stuff. And she whistled, peppy and optimistic, as she plucked various screwdrivers, and torque bars, and tire gauges. Though she didn't know what it was when she was holding it. She paused to look at it, and held the gauge up to Jigano. "What do you think this thing is?" she asked him.

Eventually, another visible clunk processed. Oh! He introduced himself. And she did not. How RUDE. A slight rose colored her cheeks. Whoops. Her name. What was her name? "Oh.. Um, Ji-gano?" she said slowly, careful not to butcher the name. "It's nice to meet you, um.. I am Liber-" and then suddenly, she remembered completely. She HATED her name. "Libbs. I am Libbs." She pushed back her hair for a moment, to better screen her surroundings. "And.. uh.. where is the Hollowed grounds? Wha.. what makes it so hollowed? I don't see any holes around here.." she looked around.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
This was going to be a long conversation. Still, Jigano had patience and he went around collecting the odds and ends of a displaced life without any rush. There was no need to move quickly when the newcomer seemed so disoriented, and time was the best medicine for coming to terms with what had happened. Then again, that was assuming she knew what had happened, and when she finally spoke up again he realized belatedly that assumptions were terrible things to rely on.

'Thirsty' didn't really give much to go on, but the item she held out to him was a clue of sorts, and he studied it with a thoughtful frown. "I'm not sure," he admitted after wracking his brains for a few minutes. "It looks like a measuring device of some kind, though." Not temperature, he'd guess. Perhaps steam? It was a mystery they could pursue later, once all of her belongings were accounted for, and he set the clothing he'd already gathered near her before heading back for anything he'd missed. He paused in his search through a dry bush, glancing back when she called his name, and his expression broke into a smile as she greeted him and gave him a name to call her buy. Liber...? Ah. Libbs would work and he made his way back to sit near her, beginning to fold the clothes they'd gathered so they could be bundled more easily for traveling.

"The Hollowed Grounds are on a world called Caido," he said. "What makes them Hollowed is a long story, but it has nothing to do with holes." He smiled reassuringly, then paused as he saw her eyes for the first time, a flicker of concern in his own. She looked unfocused in a way that was more than just shock, he realized belatedly. "Libbs... are you hurt?" He held his hand out, palm out, empty for the moment but extended as an offering. "I may be able to heal you of any bumps or bruises you took coming through the portal, if you'll let me?"
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Change author:
Libbs nodded as she absorbed the information. But every nod pushed a sharp pain towards the center of her forehead, right between the eyes, and she winced between the nods almost systematically. Still, she held a silly little smile, her eyes bright- even if you know, she was seeing double sometimes. She looked down at the hand he offered out, not quite hearing the first sentence. But some part of her remembered that when someone offered a hand, you shake it! And so, that is precisely what she did.

One soft, but slighty calloused hand reached out, gingerly grabbed a hold of it, and gave it a wobbly shake, before she retreated, placing that hand on her hip and rubbing the back of her head.

She could still feel the throbbing, and it wasn't pleasant. "Well, uh- now that you mention it.." she gave a sheepish smile, rubbing the source of the injury. "I.. uh.. I dunno if it's something you can help with but.. I think I thunked my head real good right here." she pointed to where she was rubbing. "It really hurts and it's making it a bit hard to.. see? Does that make sense? If you really can, uh, I'd really like that! I dunno how I'd pay ya but I'm sure I'll figure something out!" Libbs grinned.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
He hadn't expected the shake, but he returned it with a faintly bemused expression. The more she rubbed her head the more worried he became that she had something wrong with her besides the sanity-cracking shock of appearing in a completely new world. The revelation of a thunked head was less surprising after that and he nodded ruefully, leaving her clothing neatly folded as he rose to step behind her and examine the lump. "That sounds like a concussion," he murmured, feeling a pang of loss at the memory of his friend Isla, who had once taught him how to deal with concussions the more usual way, before magic had seeped back into his soul. "I'm going to use magic on you, if that's alright?" he double-checked, uncertain how she might react to that. Some Outlanders treated magic as if it were as common as clay and only to be expected. Others had a great deal of trouble wrapping their heads around it, while some treated it as some religious gift or miracle.

But then there were those who reviled magic, mistrusting or fearing it, and refusing its touch even when it could help them. Much as he wanted to be of assistance to Libbs, if she shied away from him he wouldn't force the power on her. But if she allowed it...

He reached out his hand again beside her. "If you're willing, rest your hand in mine, please. Hopefully this won't take too long." If she took his hand he would reach into his soul and pluck the strings of gold that represented his healing magic, drawing the power up and into his palm which warmed to the touch as energy flowed through it and into Libbs. She might feel the rush of warmth and hear a silent strain of music as the magic swirled to the source of what was broken and began to mend it, easing her pain and reducing the swelling as flesh and bone were soothed and renewed.
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Change author:
Libbs blinked at him, gave a blissfully ignorant smile, and placed her hand into his and rested it there. Fidgeting a bit, but of course that's just how she was. Her toes tapped, her fingers wiggled. Calm was a foreign word to Libbs. She wasn't totally sure what he meant by magic. Some part of her brain was skeptical. Wasn't magic supposed to be impossible? Libbs thought hard on that for a hot second. Why did she think it was impossible? He said it was possible, and he seemed like a very trustworthy fellow.

I mean, just look at him! Libbs blinked at him. The white hair, the fair blue eyes, the almost-glowy lookin' yellow skin. He looked like one of those.. oh.. what was the word? The things? With the wings? And they served some dude named Dog. Wait. No. It was God. Yeah. God. It started with an A.. Ang.. Angel! Yes. He looked like an angel. And angels were not liars.. right?

Least she didn't remember angels being liars.

She squeaked a bit though, as the magic started to flow into her system. Her movement seemed to slow, tranquilized by the serenity and the sound as the sharp pain in the back of her head started to dull into an aching drone.. into a warm sensation, and suddenly, it was gone! She let out a helpless giggle. That felt lovely! Her eyes opened slowly, seemingly gaining a lot more focus as she rubbed the back of her head. It was gone! "HEY! It's gone!" she grinned, stepping excitedly on the ground like a happy corgi.

Grateful, and unaware of personal boundaries, Libbs leaned in to give him a hug! Because quite clearly, that's what you do when you're thankful! If he let her, yup, he got a nice, quick, friendly squeeze from Libbs. Otherwise, Libbs probably shot him a confused look, but quickly dismissed in and continued expressing her gratitude vocally instead.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
She took his hand, which seemed to be an affirmative and so he focused on the power to fix and heal, finding that there was, in fact, a slight concussion that needed to be dealt with before Libbs could begin to come to terms with this new world and new life that she found herself in. He grinned a little at the squeak, but otherwise kept his focus inwards until his magic faded away, letting him know that the task was done. As she grinned and danced he smiled back, glad to see her energetic and far more focused than she had been before. "Good! I'm glad to hear it," he started to say with a laugh, but then there were slim arms around his waist and he blinked as he was hugged by the strange young woman from another world.

A year ago he might have tried to extricate himself immediately, or gone stiff and tense with uncertainty at the unasked for physical affection. Amalia, Sam, and Rory had done much to pry him out of his shell, however, and he managed a pat to Libbs' back that was only slightly awkward as he gave her a bemused smile. "I'm glad I could help," he said again to her gratitude, just as Isuma finally made her appearance, dropping from the canopy above with a cheerful Reep! of greeting as she landed on his shoulder and leaned precariously forward to say hello to this nice new friend of her companion's!

She startled a laugh from Jigano, who reached up to steady her as he grinned at Libbs. "And this is Isuma. She's a gryphon, and my companion," he explained as the snowy owl/snow leopard creature with the blue-feathered wings peeped happily. The size of a small housecat, Isuma insisted on being lifted into his hands so he could offer her to Libbs for pets. "Did you have gryphons in the place you came from?" he asked, hoping he might be able to shake loose some more memories now that the injury was dealt with.
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Change author:
Just when one thought Libb's eyes possibly maxed out in wideness.. there was yet more to break that record and set a new standard for excitement. Because yes, they grew wider, and more happy Libb noises were heard from the short lil' woman. Her hand literally vibrated with impatience, as you can bet money that Libbs definitely wanted to pet that critter right out of the gate. It looked SO cute! How could one NOT want to pet it? The excitement buzzed in the air, like lightning ready to strike.

Thankfully though, Libb did hold a gentle hand when touching the little gryphon. She gave the downy feathers a careful scritch at the base of it's head, softly patting the head and growing enraptured with the cloudy texture of the feathers. They were so light! And the spots! She could hardly count them all. She controlled herself well, her other hand balled into a fist so tight her knuckles started to lose color.

Distracted, but still responsive.. Libbs happily replied.. "No.." Then paused. "Yes. Well. No." She frowned. She paused her petting mid-scritch, thinking for a moment.

"So, it'll probably sound weird but uh.. what if I told you that.. the CONCEPT of a gryphon exists.. but it didn't actually exist? Kind of like a legend or a fairytale. I remember buildings and stuff having gryphons on them. But I don't remember ever actually seeing a gryphon. And there's a weird part of my brain itching at me right now- tellin' me that this isn't a real critter. But yet, I know what it is. I've seen... something like it before." She paused, and smiled, continuing her scritch.

"Come to think of it.." she paused, stepping back and twirling around, looking up into the sky and forest. Her voice lost a little of it's energy, seemingly moving it's force into thought. "You know, I've heard of big forests like this. But- I've never actually seen big forests like this. Everything I remember was concrete. And it smelled like diesel." she paused. "Instead of giant trees, it was giant buildings.. they were called.. Skyscrapers. Yeah! Skyscrapers. Cause they'd literally pierce the clouds.. and.. yeah."

"I don't think.. I've ever really seen these many trees before. Or seen this much dirt. And it's weird cause.. well, I don't really remember too much about what I have seen. It's like remembering the song, but not knowing the words or the name. "She paused, thinking harder yet. "I know that this is new.. but not natural. Or rather, it IS natural.. but not natural to me. Which, I guess is kinda conceited when ya think about it.." she chuckled, before her smile turned into something slightly uneasy. "Eheh- sorry, uh, I got a little lost there.."

"But, hey!" she hopped, quickly moving to switch topics. "You seem to know your way around pretty well! Are there more gryphons? Is the entire world like this?" she motioned. "If so, it's actually really pretty! I kinda like it." she nodded, sheepishly looking back up to the tree.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Isuma was aware of her effect on people, and used it to her best advantage to con scritches, treats, cuddles, and pets from anyone and everyone she met. Libbs was no exception to her power it would seem, and Jigano laughed as Isuma squirmed in his hands to press up into the careful pets the new Outlander gave her. He asked his question to try and coax some more information out of her, but the answer was decidedly... uninformative, at least at first. He was learning to wait it out, though, and let Libbs process at her own pace.

Gryphons as myths? A strange and sad concept, to think such magnificent creatures had gone extinct on her world. He nodded in sympathy, tucking Isuma back to her preferred perch on his shoulder when Libbs stepped back to twirl and take in the woodlands around them. Concrete? Diesel? Unfamiliar words for almost-familiar things. He tilted his head at her thoughtfully, listening to the picture she painted with her words and remembering a past that wasn't his own. Like the worldship Divinity...

He smiled at her apology and gave a little shake of his head. "It's good to talk things out and work out what you remember," he said gently. "I don't mind." But she was already moving on again and he couldn't help but huff a laugh. Reaching down he scooped up a handful of dirt and concentration on it, letting the song of his earth magic flow through him. A small fern grew from the lump of dirt, bright green and delicate as its leaves unfurled, looking even healthier than the summer-dry plants around them. "There are more gryphons," he acknowledged, smiling. "Though they're rare. I've only seen one other so far: Sunjata's youngster, Haai. And no, the rest of the world is different, though there are many places with large trees." He offered the clump of dirt that he firmed with his magic, and the fern it held. "This place is called the Glade, and it's rather special. The Woodlands beyond are less healthy than this, though if you travel through the Outskirts to the river you'll reach the Greatwood, which is even more impressive than here, and filled with strange magic to make strangers lose their way."
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Change author:
Libbs eyes lit up at the plant growth in his hand, carefully taking the fern and looking it over. "That is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING HOW DID YOU DO THAT!?!" Excitement and joy could not be contained in the little woman. "It's so green! Y'know, green's my favorite color." she nodded. "Look how healthy it is.. I always wanted to try gardening. Thing is, I think something stopped me. But you know, there's lots of dirt around here. I bet ya I could probably pick up something.." she paused, seemingly reflective in her gaze. It flickered, and she kneeled down, digging a decent sized hole into the dirt to plop the fern in, and patting the dirt back into place. Because that's where plants should go. In the earth. To grow!

"I'd like to see those woods. I think I'd like to see everything. Maybe I'll remember on the way!" she smiled, shaking her head. "How far away do you think that giant wood is? Think I can get there in a day?" she asked.

A few moments lingered. ".. I should probably get going.." she suddenly announced, turning on one heel to start walking off in the other direction except.. she had no idea where she was going. At all. So she paused at the edge of his vision, turning awkwardly, poking two fingers together with a sheepish gaze. "I uh.. am sorry to bother you again Jigano.. but uh.. w.. where is the nearest city?"
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"Magic," he said with a wink, Libb's joy positively infectious. "And that's good to know. I like blue," he added, though he wasn't sure the excited young woman would remember it. "Earth magic and healing magic combined to make it healthy. And we can definitely set you up with some gardening here." His grin was a little lopsided, but self-sufficiency was prized in the Hollowed Grounds (and Halo) and if she could grow some of her own food it would certainly help her with moving forward and making her own place in this new world she had found herself in.

His smile softened as she planted the fern firmly, its leaves curling down to rest on the dry ground. In the Glade it had a chance of surviving, even thriving, if Frey was kind to it. Her happy desire to see it all as she rose again earned a chuckle. It might take a bit longer than that on two feet, but at least it's easy to find! Just head north and you'll get there."

He wasn't prepared for her to start walking so suddenly, and he blinked for a moment as Isuma chirruped a questioning note at the woman's retreating back. Then it was a scramble to scoop up her clothes and tools and trot after her, trying not to drop anything as he caught up and attempted to deposit them in her arms. "You're not bothering me!" he assured her, unable to help the bemused smile at her innocent absent-mindedness. "There's only one town the Hollowed Grounds, and that's the Settlement. C'mon, I'll show you the way," he offered, not least because he was afraid Libbs might get distracted and wander off into a Wicker Woman's embrace if she was abandoned to Caido's not-so-tender mercies.