Drop No time like the present

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Random Event
Like the end of a Hitchcock movie,
a little dark and a lot confusing

Not unlike the beginning of a riddle, the creature sits directly in the middle of the Bone Bridge, equidistant from both sides. Mist envelopes the canyon's sides and bottom making it appear as though the grotesquely white bridge is simply floating in a sea of mist.

And who's to say it isn't? Fear can make anything buoyant.

Covered in a black cloak with hands that look more primate than homosapien, the creature taps dextrously and eerily thin fingers on a box so black that it seems to consume the light around it.

They say not to judge a book by its cover, that good things come to those who wait, and that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

But what does that even mean.

It has a box and you think you want what is in that box. Indeed, you can practically feel that you do.

So go on give it a try.

Welcome to CotF's first Drop! There are no requirements in order to participate; all you need to do is complete whatever strange challenges await you! You have 72 hours to respond to this post before the games begin! (Please respond IC, having your character walk up and so on)

If you are an ascended your prize will be a custom body upgrade
If you are an abandoned your prize will be a custom magic slot with magic OR an upgrade
If you are an accepted your prize will be a custom magical item
If you are an attuned your prize will be a new animal shape OR a regular companion
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

Bastien was at this point, getting a little tired of mystery and intrigue, but the place seemed insistent on bringing them to him. No matter what he did his situation only got stranger and the answers less clear.

He had gone for a walk with the intention of clearing his head, but the sight before him was going to ruin that - a bridge, enveloped in mist...with an ominous figure. Bastien was not a man who scared easily, but the sight sent a shiver down his spine. Still, if he was seeing a spirit or demon he was going to investigate. It could be good for art or culture or...well, he was curious.

He approached the bridge, stepping carefully onto the bridge as if he was scared it would break. With a nervous smile, he pointed to the box.

"Is that meant to be for me? The presentation could be nicer, if it is meant to be inviting."

BASTIEN
This tiresome desire to shock and amaze

Perhaps I’ll grow out of it one of these days

Celosia Ayelet
Scout

Age: 31 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 3 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:

So much exploring wasn’t a hobby the former duchess ever expected to take part in, but being thrust into such a new environment wasn’t exactly what she had imagined either. Adaptability seemed to be one of the most important skills to have these days.

Walking through the ruins, a new mist drew the young woman’s curiosity, something that never was able to be satisfied. As she drew closer, Cel saw a cloaked figure in the middle of the bridge with a box.

Furrowing her brows, she hesitated briefly with her hand resting on the pommel of her sword - she never went anywhere in this world without it. Don’t do it. she thought to herself. Don’t do it.

She approached the bridge with tight lips and a faint look of skepticism, but her curiosity simply wouldn’t allow her to pass it up. A small smile was given to the man already there, as her crimson flaring eyes settled on the being on the bridge.

celosia
Bride of Darkness

Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

Vervain had not been going anywhere near the Bone Bridge; the ruins and its varying pleasures and nightmares did not interest her as much as the natural beauty of the Outskirts. But... for whatever reason (she suspected gods or magic or both, as that was usually the culprit these days) here she was.

Bastien she recognised, and Celosia too, and she offered both of them a light smile as she stepped up towards the bridge as well. The creature gave her pause, but the box in its hands did not.

Well. How interesting.

"So are we waiting for it to open the box? Or...?" She glanced between the others and folded her arms across her chest. "This all seems quite ominous, don't you think?" She wasn't going anywhere, though. Duh.

vervain
face the wind
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
R O N I N

Where there was something strange going on, Ronin Taliesin was almost guaranteed to find a way to be there. That was true even before he had become an official hunter of the weird and wonderful, and he tilted his head as he approached the crowd around the Bone Bridge. "I'd be careful," he called out to address the group gathered there, hands shoved in the pockets of his coat. "I've tried to cross this thing before, and it doesn't seem to... go..."

He drifted off at the sight of the thing sitting in the middle of the bridge, its musical drumming on the box making it seem all the more enticing. Ronin blinked. Why wasn't anyone doing anything? Or more importantly, trying to see what was inside said box? "Um?" he said helpfully.

Desmond Sariel
Healer

Age: 34 | Height: 6’ | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

”Ominous is one word for it,” Desmond said, answering Vervain as he approached the small group that had gathered. From the looks of it, he was the first one native to the world that had approached the bridge with the strange creature.

He was no leader, merely support if anyone needed it and quietly eager to see what was the being had in store for them. Or rather, in box.

He nodded with a smile to the brunette woman, Vervain being the only person he immediately recognized. ”You’ll see that many things in this world are not surface deep. Always best to go in with an open mind, but wary eyes.”

Whatever was in the box certainly held his interest, as did the cloaked thing on the bridge, but there was no chance in any known hell he was going to be the first one to approach it.

desmond
Talk to the Moon, Heal the Soul

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
remi

The formation of the group was what caught the alchemist's gaze, rather than the being sitting in the centre of the bridge. Having been here before, Remi was not at all enamoured by the mist or the strange bridge, but instead by what could have caused so many to just halt on one side.

With a piercing cry, the hawk circled above trying to catch Vai's attention. He didn't quite feel like being himself right now, and if they were all going to try and cross the bridge at once Remi didn't feel the need to add any additional weigh. Until that happened though, he didn't necessarily need to just circle overhead. He wasn't that large anyways.

As Vai took notice of him, Remi gently swooped towards her, sitting himself down on her shoulder. Despite her clothing, he still tried to be as gentle as possible with his talons.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Edy
#nofilter

A thing on a bridge and a gaggle of onlookers.

That was basically all that was needed to draw the teenager's attention. Sidling up, Edy stopped next to her former commanding office and shot a cheeky grin towards Ronin. "Eyyy, I hear you started up a little club." She tittered with a playful wink. Gossip was probably the best part about working at the Rathskeller. "Is it boys only, or what?" She continued with a playful pout. Sure Edy was a shit 101% of the time, but she hadn't been the worst shoulder under Ronin's charge.

Probably.

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:

Originally, Rexanna hadn't planned on attending any kind of gathering; yet here she was, distracted by the giant group of people on that odd bridge she had first found with Archibold. Her mind swarmed with the possibilities of what was before her, yet still nothing made sense. She recognized a few of the strangers around the area, yet she mostly remained on her own, glancing to those she'd met before like Remi and Bastien, before her eyes lingered on the creature with the box. As she neared, she heard the group questioning what to do with it - honestly she had nothing to say about it either.

It was probably bad news to try and take the box, it was also probably weird to show up without even attempting it. Amused with both ideas, Rexanna waited near the back of the group, waiting to see what would happen.

time stops still and lends you hope
that hazy due, so black so blue
wash away that fear, a cloud of smoke
whatever lets you cope
Devrum Calob
Farmer / Butcher

Age: 45 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 4 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
DEVRUM
When feasible, one should always eat the rude.
Devrum had been lugging around lumber he had cut and sanded for his new home with Vervain . The boards tied together and spread out over his shoulder as his heavy booted feet passed along the bridge when he noticed the crowd that gathered.

He had waited patiently for a moment to see if they noticed this man, heaving lumber and held the courtesy spread out a clear path...alas they didn't to which he growled and flopped the lumber onto the ground with an audible thump.

He began walking further into the bone bridge, past the others as he took notice of the little creature holding a box.

Devrum, gathered a wad of spit into the corner of his cheek and spit a perfectly shaped stream that landed comfortably in front of the creature.

Hazel and Blue eye remained on the creature as he flicked his teeth clean with his tongue, hands resting over his hip.

"Fancy box you got there..."

Again he spit a stream this time off to the side. Nearly hitting Bastien unknowingly.

Mismatched eyes squinting as he studied the box and than the creature.

"Would be much obliged if you opened that there box...unless you're waiting for one of us to do it."

Devrum held little patience for surprises and was half tempted to clasp the box and fling the little turd over the side of the bridge...no doubt thinking it would make a faint splat below much like a grape.
Attraes Le Deux
Bard

Age: 47 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Change author:
Attraes
We all have demons. I choose to feed mine

In the distance the faint, approaching the bone bridge could be heard the sounds of banjo strings strumming along and a smokey-voiced man playing effortlessly.

How Attraes came to hold this instrument is best left unspoken, but despite the terms of his possession of said banjo, his heart was filled with song.

At first it was more singing for himself, though when he noticed the crowd over the horizon he grinned and began to to weave through them, appearing very much the jovial, charming bard.

The song went as such:

In a neat little town they called Belfast
Apprentice to trade I was bound
And many an hour's sweet happiness
Have I spent in that neat little town
As sad misfortune came over me
Which caused me to stray from the land
Far away from me friends and relations
Betrayed by the black velvet band

Her eyes they shown like diamonds
I thought her the queen of the land
And her hair, it hung over her shoulder
Tied up with a black velvet band

I took a stroll down broadway
Meaning not long for to stay
When who should I meet but this pretty fair maid
Come a-traipsing along the highway
She was both fair and handsome
Her neck, it was just like a swan

I took a stroll with this pretty fair maid
And a gentleman passing us by
Well, I knew she meant the doing of him
By the look in her roguish black eye
A gold watch she took from his pocket
And placed it right into my hand
And the very first thing that I said, was
Bad 'cess to the black velvet band

Before the judge and the jury
Next morning, I had to appear
The judge, he says to me
"Young man, you're case it is proven clear
We'll give you seven years penal servitude
To be spent far away from the land
Far away from your friends and relations
Betrayed by the black velvet band"

So come all you jolly young fellows
A warning take by me
When you are out on the town, me lads
Beware of the pretty Colleens
They'll feed you with strong drink, me lads
'Til you are unable to stand
And the very first thing that you'll know is
You've landed in Van Diemens Land
Her neck, it was just like a swan
Tied up with a black velvet band.

As the song had played he would weave and turn to several that had gathered, with a dimpled smile and mischievous glint in his eyes before he turned to all that gathered and strummed the final string with a deep breath and a bow of his head, a wave of thanks to those who listened was given before he turned.

Only then had he noticed the creature and the box did he crouch and smile.

"I suppose I should be thanking you for granting me this audience..."

Attraes teased with a smirk as he slung his banjo over his shoulder and winked at the creature before standing upright and awaiting just as the others had.

{*song used* Black Velvet Band by, Luke Kelly}
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Age: 32 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Change author:
ALISTAIR
Alistair approached the gathering, curious as to what summoned the crowd, slowly approaching Vervain from behind and giving a kiss to her cheek.

" 'ey mum...Remi." Alistair turned to greet Remi with a modest smile looking curiously at what the others were rendering at.

"Rather curious...such a little thing seems to have captured the attention of everyone here. Has it even moved at this point?" He asked curiously, amused by the whole thing.

Before they could answer he caught sight of Rexanna picking up the rear of the group.

"I'm sorry would you excuse me a moment..." He'd politely excuse himself from their company.

As he made his way over to Rexanna, fingers raising and scratching against the back of his head.

"I have a sneaking suspicion most here are expecting something fantastical to occur..."

He'd call out with a grin as he looked back and toward her once again before taking a place standing at her side.

"Would be funny if it was simply...empty..."

He mused with a chuckle, looking off to his side with a smile and nod.

"Hello..."
Collector

Age: 91 | Height: 6' 1 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Change author:
Under the sounds of conversation the faint sounds of tapping could be heard from the ivory walking stick of one, Archebold Cobb.

He tapped along the path of the bridge, a brow lifting off at the corner as he observed, keeping himself off to the side and out of view from most.

"Like moths to a flame...curiosity summons the ignorant. Flock behaving as flock do..."

He muttered quietly to himself, a smirk rewarding his own quiet words spoken to himself as he held the view of these easily lured lot appearing like nothing but a flock of sheep, as they always had been. New world...same mentality. Predictable.
archebold
Death is not a defeat. It is a cure.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 10254

Deimos the Reaper
You can't take back the cards you've dealt on this
long and lonely road to hell
the throne must be such a sad and lonely place

Gatherings tended to be ominous.

In his experience, either something intriguing or treacherous occurred when there was a ring of figures settled amidst clamor, din, curiosity, and the vast unknown. Unfortunately, his own inquisitive nature tended to his calculations, machinations, and determination, because he’d once been a wide-eyed child staring into the abyss, and he’d yet to conquer his tendencies and inclinations towards the void. The Reaper roamed steadily nearby, drifting in and out of shadow, merely watching, scoping, out finer details and the general status quo. In between forms and beings, he could make out cloaks and eerie fingers, tapping on a box, indicating and saying nothing – which of course, only leant and scalded him further into investigation. What did it contain – weapons, poison, chained monsters? Or was it an act of repose, meant to look sinister, but betraying little? It was difficult to judge or determine without any other notions or motions, so he tilted his head and continued onward, drifting along the perimeter of their circle. It’d likely led everyone else here too, and his piercing gaze briefly lit upon recognizable forms, Rexanna, Remi, and then maneuvered over the eldritch mist, the swallowing fog, the tunes of a bard sweeping over bone bridges and porcelain enamel. Perhaps they’d been fed into a trap, a warren, a labyrinth; and he clenched at his jaw at the notion, inching closer to those he knew, in case they required his vicious, menacing aid.

Photo and Table by Time
Photo taken at Hero's Square in Budapest, Hungary