no stone unturned
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
HARPER
Checking on people doesn't come until after the drama of the wedding. He had been too stuck in his own head, grieving the loss of the boys, to see clearly. To be concerned about his other friends that he has made already in the Grounds. Finding Kiada isn't as easy as he had anticipated, but merchants and stall runners are easily swindled and loose of tongue. Sharp of eye, too, though Kiada stands out well enough on her own to be recognizable even if she were not usually shadowing Deimos or Amalia.

The idea of a Monster Hunting Guild is appealing, after the devastation caused by the mud beast at the Festival. Harper wonders if maybe he should ask her about joining, if it will suit his tastes of helping and defending or only make him feel like a trophy hunter.  Only way to find out, of course, is this - he lifts his hand and opens the door, calling out beyond. "Kiada? Are you here?"
this is your ocean, an ocean of night

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i want to be a mystery, yet be known
i want to be together, yet alone
She doesn’t expect to hear from anyone in the days since Fiat Lux, since the Temple, since Deimos and Amalia have kept to themselves (understandably so, considering the Shield had been hurt so terribly) and perhaps, since she’s the new Guildmistress of the Monster Hunting Guild, part of her almost feels responsible. But their people are few and far between, and could they have really stood a chance in the end? The more she thinks on it, the more her leg throbs, where a line of a scar remains from where Zuriel had healed her – she can still remember her bone sticking out, the hot sticky blood rushing down her leg coating her pant –

She’s tired, and she’s sitting in front of the fireplace at her desk, recounting from different statements about what the monster had looked like, to catalogue. And she pauses briefly, only to put the quill back in the ink pot and to run a hand through her dark hair, hand resting delicately along the scar on the side of her neck. And the last thing she expects for the day, is the Guild door to open and a familiar voice to back it up.

Icy gaze lifts to the sound, pushing away from the desk to step around the corner to greet him. “Harper.” She begins, a soft smile of greeting along her face as she raises a dark brow in a silent question. “What can I help you with?
is it too much to ask to be famous yet unknown?
to be a wanderer, yet have a home?
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
HARPER
He isn't expecting to be so readily rewarded for his investigations, but footsteps echo across worn wood flooring and a moment later the dark-haired lass is within his sights, a tired smile on her face. Harper returns it, feeling the weariness that seems to pull on everyone since the festival. The darkness they had shared between them seems all the closer to the surface now, but he refuses to bring it to light. Will not let it tear away his chance to speak with her now.

Stepping further into the room towards the warmth that emanates from the unseen fireplace, Harper closes the door behind him and awkwardly fiddles with his hands as he smiles boyishly down at Kiada. "I mostly just wanted to see you. Make sure you were okay, after...everything." Visibly, there are no wounds he can see, but with the widespread amount of magic in Caido, it doesn't mean she hadn't been hurt. His grin turns a bit softer. "Plus, we never got to have that dance. And I'm always a man of my word."

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
She goes to greet him like before, and he closes the door and approaches her enough that he closes within a small amount of her space – enough that she has to tilt her head up slightly to look at his face as he smiles boyishly down toward her. His answer is unexpected… But nice in a way and she gives him an equally rare, girlish smile back. “The mud monster breaking into the ice broke my leg.” She tells him simply, though the smile doesn’t fade. “Zuriel healed it, though. Left me with yet another battle scar.” She offers, turning from him and beckoning him in closer.

She only lets her icy gaze lift back to him and his softening grin when he mentions that they’d never gotten their dance. Indeed they hadn’t. She’d played dodgeball, capture the flag, spin the bottle and kissed not one, but two women… And subsequently fell among the rest of them all when it fell into ruin, bone sticking out from the fabric of her pants, the confines of her flesh. And her smile softens then too, a tilt of her head as she surveys him. “You’re right.” She says simply, turning to lean against the desk and focus on him. Coy as usual. “I suppose it’s a good thing I got my leg healed, then, huh?” A bit of a smile crosses her face at that, a snort leaving her person as she waits for his reaction.
KIADA
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
Up this close, he can smell the softness of scent emanating from her hair, see the array of colors in her irises as she tilts her head to catch his gaze. Unshy in doing so, which only makes his grin widen. Until they are smiling at each other like a pair of loons. Though his smile softens into one of empathy, wanting to glance down at her leg instinctively but unable to tear his gaze from hers. Already aware from his first glance that there is nothing obvious to see. "I'm glad it wasn't any worse." When she beckons he follows behind her, a loyal puppy plodding at her side. "I'm sure no scar could dampen your beauty though." It's half teasing, half sincere. Her personality shines far brighter than any surface blemish can take away from.

Kiada leans against the desk further inside the room, something playful in her gaze and posture as she turns to him. His own grin only turns more eager, cheeks hurting with how he can't seem to stop. "Is that an invitation?" He steps a little closer, ducking his head and invading her space just a little with a private smile.

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
Me too.” She says easily in response to his comment about how he’s glad it wasn’t any worse. She’d seen the carnage after, she’d seen that it would have been very easy for her to die that day. And she’s eternally thankful for the broken leg that she received in return for her life. But when he comments and teases her in regards to her scars, she can’t help but to turn to him when she reaches the desk, a light laugh leaving her lips at that. “Are you sure? You haven’t seen them all, after all.” She teases easily with a tilt of her head as he invades her space.

And invades he does.

Though she doesn’t mind, smiling back at his grin as his cheeks puff with the gesture, with how much he’s smiling. Does she really incite such happiness in people other than Amalia and Deimos? It’s… A strange feeling. She has half a mind to reach out and touch him with the closeness they share, but she doesn’t – her gaze drifting to his steel gaze as her own icy ones soften slightly. “It could be.” Her smile edges in something like a half smirk, arms holding her up as she leans back against the desk, tilting her head to him to see what he might do.

Would he sweep her off her feet to dance before the fireplace to music only they can hear? Or would he play this game a bit longer?
KIADA
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
Oh, she really should have expected what he intends to say after an opening like that. His smile turns devilish as he leans closer. "I can do a full inspection if you'd like." More teasing than anything, as Harper certainly isn't the type to jump into bed without an emotional connection, some sort of devotion to the person in question. Though he already finds himself considering her a friend despite their brief encounter. Precious enough to check up on, to care about.

There is a tension between them, pleasant and buzzing like cicadas in the summer. Wanting just as badly to reach out and touch, but holding himself back. It would only be all the sweeter when he finally gave in. And as she teases him, leaning back against the desk and pinning him with her icy, glimmering stare it finally snaps. "I'll take that as a yes." With a wild grin he sweeps her into his arms, hauling her bodily from the floor to clutch her against his chest and spin around in wild circles across the floor with her in his arms. Laughing boisterously all the while.

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
Oh, she is pleasantly surprised as he gives her a positively devilish smile and a tease. There’s a flicker of surprise that registers in her icy gaze as it softens, and she can’t help the bright chime of a laugh that leaves her with it. “Perhaps then you can tell me your… Assessment?” Another tease back to him – though she doesn’t intend for this to turn into something like she’d had with Ezra. This one was still… Fun, lighthearted. She’s been noticed after so long of having, well.. Nothing. Watching as Deimos flits around Amalia like she’s the sun to his stars.

She wants something true like that again, without them being ripped away from her out of life’s sheer, horrible, amusement.

Regardless, she eyes him curiously, daring as she invites him in. And he sweeps her easily off her feet, her hands finding purchase with one hand along his shoulder, the other drifting behind the back of his neck as he spins her in circles – laughing in such a way that she finds infectious as her feet find the floor and she dances with him, giggling lightly like a small young child as feathers sprout along her shoulders and neck.

When she recovers, she lowers a hand from the back of his neck to reach for his hand, a girlish grin crossing her face as she goes to grab it and spin herself before pulling him into her.
KIADA
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
He is as close as he dares to be, the flicker of surprise and amusement in her glacial gaze like a spark to the embers in his chest. "I'll be very thorough in my review," he purrs flirtatiously. This at least is familiar. A beautiful girl playing coy, though still far more receptive than the jaded and suspicious souls of his homeworld. She is one of his only friends, and he cherishes her too deeply to intrude upon her in such a lustful way. This? This is more than he could ever want. To hold her close, to hear her bright laughter as he sweeps her off her feet to a rhythm only they can hear, one that they make up as they go along.

Her hands find his shoulder, the nape of his neck, and he beams up at her as they spin before he finally sets her feet back upon the floor. Kiada is no passive participant, and he is eager for her own manner of control as she claims his hand with her own and spins herself, pulling him to her confidently. Harper gravitates towards her happily, keeping their pace upbeat and jaunty. The hand around her waist tickles playfully at her sides, pinching and dancing fingertips against her ribs to try and prompt another laugh.

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
They spin and dance to music only they can hear, and she’s thoroughly amused by the results of it. A snicker of laughter leaving her as her feet find the floor again, and she’s taking a bit of control, grasping his hand and pulling him back close to her, where her other hand can find his chest again, the top of it nearing his shoulder. They work well together, and she grins up at him as she tries to capture his gaze – but then… Then

– Then she can feel the ghost of fingertips along her side, along her ribs that aim to tickle, and she scrunches her nose in an entirely girlish way as she pulls away from him in another slight spin, this time where she lines up about half way before pressing her back to him, her free hand reaching for his other hand to trap them – to keep him from continuing to tickle her.

It does not cross her mind in the slightest the position they’re in at this moment, and she continues on regardless, some wolfish smile crossing her face at it.
KIADA
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
Her hands are warm and distracting as they find various places on his neck, chest, shoulders. Sure of themselves, of where she places them. Her spirit reminds him painfully of a lost love he can't bear to name, but he basks in it regardless. Enjoying the way she makes him smile and laugh without a care, even in the wake of such gravity and grief. Distracting him with her beauty, her teasing, her unassuming friendship that he clings to like a life preserver.

Kiada's features twist cutely and he laughs at her reaction, even as she slips from his grasp and holds him to her back. For a moment he is taken entirely off guard, a flush building in his cheeks at the rather intimate pose. But there is no time to pause the flow of their dancing, and Harper - stupid, foolhardy, and more than a little eager - decides to jump headfirst into it. He uses the pose she enforces to trap her in his arms once more, burying his face into the side of her neck, her dark tresses tickling at his cheeks as he makes exaggerated monster noises as if he will chew playfully on her neck, pretending to maul her. Biceps flexing as he tries to pin her where she is even with her grip on his wrists.

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
It is distracting, and it’s… Nice, to be so carefree, so careless with things rather than the day to day. The wake up in the morning and work at the bakery to finalizing some new thoughts on the Monster Hunter’s Guild. She feels as though it drones on and on, and this has been a very pleasant turn of events of her evening. One that’s not encroached upon, even as she spins herself so her back touches his, thinking nothing of the pose nor the possible hesitation.

She snickers when he presses his head into her neck, cheeks flaring despite the amusement as Harper makes some sort of monster noise. Or attempts to, pinning her to his chest. But ah, he’s underestimated her a bit. She’s stronger than he is though she doesn’t attempt it, and she manages to wiggle herself against him within the embrace to twist within the dance ever so slightly, pressing against him as she tilts her head back to meet his collarbone, head tilted just enough to look up at him, exposing the brutal scar along her neck. “You’re dancing with a monster hunter you know.” She aims to grin at him, teeth lengthening with her feline shift within her, hands still tight around his wrists.
KIADA
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
Her laughter buoys him, and his own breaks through his playfully exaggerated noises, chest shaking with his amusement as he stumbles about trying to at least imitate some kind of dancing. Lest the pretense fall apart and leave him with the reality of their flirtations. He doesn't fight against her wriggling, but his own grin is bright and mischievous as she tilts against his collarbone to peer up at him. "Isn't the beauty supposed to take pity on the beast?" he quips back, the lengthening of her teeth making him laugh in delight, entirely appreciative when perhaps he should be cowed. But Harper is stupidly fearless, and darts in close to press a kiss against her cheek, one he'd never gotten last time. Pulling back to grin almost manically, hands playfully straining against her grip, fingertips dancing in imitation of the tickling he threatens her with. "Give me your worst, oh proud hunter!" She could surely kick his ass, but that's part of the appeal.

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
There’s a snort that leaves her at the implication he gives. “Ah, but usually the beast is a creature of fur and horns, is he not?” She quips back, for added benefit shifting her skin to the fur of her caracal form, bronze and golden fur growing from her wrists up to her shoulders as she waggles an eyebrow at him when she looks up to him. But gods, when he looks at her with that boyish way, her lengthened canines on display – he dares to get nearer to her.

And the kiss to her cheek flares her cheeks even further until she wonders if they’ll start a fire.

My worst, huh?” She laughs lightly, stilling just enough to get him to relax slightly, before she spins – pushing him back ever so slightly as she releases his wrists and aims to grab them once more as she faces him. “I don’t think you’d enjoy that much, Harper Quinn.” The façade falters as she presses against him again to keep him pinned enough, not realizing how close to the desk they’d gotten.
KIADA