never met a wolf
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Amun had spent the day in his studio frustratingly trying and failing to figure out how to make pots with his prosthetic. Each attempt had ended in disaster, each time worse than the last. The final one had been so bad that he’d ended up tossing the clump against the wall. After scraping it off and tossing it back with his supplies, he’d sighed.

Then he’d cleaned himself off and stalked through the streets. Although he wasn’t dressed finely, he carried himself with a confidence that bordered on obnoxious. Still, something dark lurked in his eyes. When he arrived at the VlamVloed, he scanned the interior, but didn’t recognize anyone. Sighing, he slid into a table in the corner, and settled in to watch.

And maybe find someone to cheer him up for the night.

Zidane
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Age: 57 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305
ZIDANE
Zidane.. what could one say about Zidane? More then that he seamed to be in a mood where all the chairs in the pub was HIS. Slight overestimation but at least he had taken over four chairs by lazily laying down on them all. Marked his territory and claimed them as his own! They were HIS. All joking aside; when he had entered the bar all the sofas and benches had been occupied and since he felt like laying about he rustled up some chairs for himself. To others disapproval to say the least. It's wasn't really like he was misbehaving on purpose, it was more like he always came first. At least to himself and he really didn't have the energy to care how it all made him look. If he wanted it, he did it. Simple right?

As the door swung open he ALMOST didn't feel like opening his piercing eyes to investigate who came into the bar but sadly he had to know. More of a curious thing really that triumphed over the need to chill. He was well covered by a sturdy table but it still gave him a good view from underneath it which made him realize who it actually was that came fluttering in from the door. Amun. He didn't seam all to happy with the day and could probably use some cheering up.Had it been any other random Joe he wouldn't have bothered getting up but Amun was not just some random dude after all.

He sat up from his wooden, temporary bed before he stood up and walked over to Amun. Wasn't even sure Amun had noticed him walking before he promptly sat down at the table beside him. "You have seen better days. What is up?" Some might think he was plain rude but for people like Amun that actually knew him one would be well aware that even his shortest moods seldom was meant as a bad thing. Even though he didn't shy away from speaking plainly.
Don't mind me, I'm just marking my territory
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
As Zidane walked up, Amun eyed the other man briefly. At the question, the potter smirked a bit, though there was something dark about the usually mischievous expression. "I've had worse days." Leaning forward, he placed he arms on the table in front of him, left hand on top of right to partially hide his prosthetic.

"Nothing's up, really." Tilting his head, he regarded Zidane. "How've you been?" Then Amun's gaze drifted past the other man. His eyes scanned the room more thoroughly, the dim lighting proving no challenge to an Ascended. However, no one jumped out at the potter, so he returned his regard to the man sitting across from him soon enough.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Age: 57 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ZIDANE
Zidane has snapped up a stirring stick from the table to chew slightly on it as he listened to Amun's statement that it could be worse. Sure things could always be worse but Zidane wasn't really buying that Amun was in a good mental state at the moment. He looked quite annoyed which told Zidane he didnt have a very enjoyable time. Zidane COULD be in his normally devlish mood and act like he didn't really give two craps but there was a limit. Wasn't like Zidane's normally annoying persona would help much right now so instead he let out a small sigh which was one of his tells that he would try to behave a little bit at least. "Hey, keep your head up. It will pass, it normally always does" It was a bit funny how a simple, honest gesture could be so annoying for Zidane but it didn't mean what he said wasn't true however.

His eyes looked at the prosthetic but didn't mention it quite yet. "I suppose it have been working. Just been more lazy than normal for a while. Seams like the mind wanders away from what's really important sometimes.." He really SHOULD be training more so he had to get a grip. The monsters wouldn't kill themselves after all. Without a heads up he then reached out his hand to move Amun's to investigate the prosthetic underneath with a furrowed brow. "So, what happened?" He moved back his hand to give his friend some space if he wanted to cover it up some again.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
At Zidane’s words, Amun tapped his prosthetic against the wood of the table. It made an odd clunking sound. An ugly smirk slipped onto the potter’s lips. "Normally." There was a dark sort of humor behind the word, but he didn't say anything further on the subject.

Shrugging, he stilled his hand. "We all need a break from what's important sometimes." There was a listlessness in Amun's tone, and he leaned back, balancing on the back two legs of the chair momentarily. However, at the other man's next question, and when Zidane reached for the prosthetic (which the potter let the other man take), Amun let his chair fall back to the ground with an audible thud, one that drew the attention of the rest of the patrons momentarily. "I lost my hand." However, the potter didn't hide his metal hand.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
Zidane couldn't do much more than to nod as a reply to both the first statements. Normally it did get better, yeah, normally. Though he might be the wrong person to actually make that statement since he highly doubted that he himself ever would obtain the feeling of being well again. But even after his second nod he couldn't stay quiet after it as it was clear his own actions indeed had annoyed him. Though his voice remained calm even though one could spot a tad of bitterness behind it. "I don't ave time to be taking breaks." Since he was an Ascended one could argue that he indeed had all the time he needed but Amun if anyone would know that statement wasn't really true. He could still get eliminated and if that happened before he made that specific difference in this world he could never fully rest. He was sure that his spirit could never rest until the vengeance had been carried out.

The chair fell backwards and that thud that startled so many people around them had no effect on Zidane himself. He remained were he was even though his eyes wandered back to Amun. Eyes wandered to the chair for a short second before looking at Amun again. "Yeah i could tell. But i take it i won't be able to hear the juicy details of the story behind it?" He kept his voice calm to be sure that Amun knew that an explanation was completely optional. If he didn't wanna share the story it was okay. He did care but he did not want to force the answer out of Amun.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
At Zidane's impatience, Amun glanced aside. He remained silent for a long while, and when he finally spoke, his words were low and dangerous. ”Rushing into things just gets you injured. Or killed. And then you won't be much use to anyone.” Looking back, his eyes glittered with something dark.

The other man's question elicited a shrug from the potter. Waving the prosthetic vaguely in the air, he found his eyes tracking everyone else in the bar rather than settling on Zidane. "It got crushed. Wasn't healing at all, so I had someone lop it off and make me this thing." With his other hand, he tapped a finger on the metal.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
Zidane kind of just glared at Amun for a bit after he finally had taken words into action, almost like he had offended him before a weary sigh left him. Yeah what was to point of dying without the revenge he needed to finally find peace? Injuries he could live with just as long as it meant he got the revenge he NEEDED. Revenge, revenge, revenge. It was what he needed indeed. A small "Tsch." Left Zidane over this inconvenience but he didn't seam to be more then frustrated at least. Amun was right after all and Zidane knew it.

He looked at the potter that in turn seamed to be looking around at every possible space that surrounded them. He COULD shrug it off, it would be easy and alike himself but also in a sense very UNlike himself. He normally shrugged most things off like they really didn't matter but it had it's time and place. Some people thought him to be cold and distant but that was not the entire truth of Zidane. "Hey. You'll get used to it. Way better then a crushed arm after all. I'm glad it was only your arm, could have been way worse" A small, well meaning smile graced his lips as his eyes wandered around the room. Seamed to contain alot of different moods. Some happy, some sad, some angry and some blank. The normal gist of a pub.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
At Zidance’s disapproving sound, Amun gaze flicked back to the other man. The ugly smirk came back to the potter’s lips, and this time it stayed there. As Zidane went on to try and provide some comfort to Amun, the smirk deepened. "Aye, you're right. Just a crushed hand." He paused, and something hot and dark flashed in his eyes. "For now."

With that, he leaned forward again, focusing entirely on Zidane, not even bothering to breathe or any of those other pesky things that non-Ascended had to do, like move. "How is the training going on your end." The potter's gaze and voice were both intense.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
Even considering Zidane's age he still could have reactions of a 20 year old. Seriously. He could be quite impatient for reasons only he himself knew about. He had one goal in "life" and when that was done or he himself had perished that was it. No other goals really then to get revenge, at least not yet. It's the reason he became an ascended after all; to make sure he had as much time as he could for that single purpose. Others sought wealth, glory or was afraid of dying after all. That smile still lingered on his face directed to Amun as he nodded approvingly over the other mans reaction. Good, he would indeed get used to it. As for the dark flash in his eyes and the statement of "For now" he had nothing to reply. He didn't know the meaning of it but felt himself limited to not ask to many personal questions at once. It could wait. Heck; he himself knew how annoying it could be being bombarded with questions.

As Amun leaned towards him Zidane met his gaze and almost forgot about fake breathing himself. That was the thing; when you didn't need to your body tended to not breathe from the smallest of things. He had no idea why he wasn't more open with being an Ascended. Would however be nice when the time came that he really didn't care about hiding it anymore. "Slow." He stated honestly and did not turn his gaze away. Piercing grey eyes directed straight into Amun's eyes. What was it that was lurking there within them? "I need to get myself in gear. LongNight is approaching again so i need to pick up the pace. Feeling up for helping me out?"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
When Zidane mentioned that his training wasn’t progressing as quickly as he would like, Amun nodded. "Sorry to hear that." There was a small amount of sympathy in his voice, but mostly just that slightly off tone. It was almost as if he was reacting to everything just a beat too late.

At the other man's request, the potter shrugged. "I'm not much of a fighter, you know that. Less so these days than before." He tapped the prosthetic against the table. "But I imagine the other Ascended are just as keen as you to get stronger. Wessex especially, though Rexanna probably would be willing to pitch in as well. And any member of the militia would likely jump at the chance to train someone else."
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
"I have myself to blame." He stated honestly even though he still curiously and still without even blinking kept eye contact. To be completely honest Amun's late reactions was a bit like a sun ray Zidane since long had missed out on. They were amusing and not in a bad way. One could use some joy in the everyday life as an ascended; after all emotions was the only thing Zidane could really feel. If you stabbed him right here and now he wouldn't even notice it unless he saw it happen. So emotions was the only thing he had, even though they were mostly not of a good nature in themselves considering his past.

He might not admit it to anyone but he rather train with Amun then someone else as it were but it wasn't like he couldn't understand Amun. Zidane really needed to train and since Amun wasn't much for fighting it sadly made sense to ask someone else. No matter how much he actually enjoyed Amuns company. "I shall hear with them as soon as possible then. Get some overdue training done and keep going. Can't sit around feeling sorry for myself forever, right?" The last he said with a slight smirk as he as well leaned a bit closer to Amun. "So what are the current plans for you?"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun’s eyes narrowed, and he leaned forward to give Zidane a considering look. ”What makes you say that?” This time, there was a bit more liveliness and interest in the potter's expression, tone, and posture.

At the other man's comment, Amun grinned, though it looked a bit forced. "Sounds like a plan. Though I have to ask, are you sure about that? Sitting around and doing nothing for the rest of our immortal lives doesn't sound so bad." For a brief moment, there was an almost open longing in the potter's voice.

Then it faded entirely.

"I've got a task from Wessex and The Voice that I'm hoping to work on." This time, his voice was pitched far too low for anyone but Zidane to hear Amun.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
Zidane to narrowed his eyes slightly now when they were so close that a mere hand would have trouble dividing them apart. Was Zidane sure? Yes he was since stated earlier; it was what he was "living" for. He tilted his head slightly to the side as he started to speak. "What is the point of living unless you are living a life worth while?" Sure he could sit on his ass gathering dust for hundreds of years, collecting cobweb and staying very much alive. But what was really the point with that? Once here one should have a task at hand and he had chosen his. If he have had a heartbeat however it might have raised from this close up encounter but alas he didn't have a heartbeat so... yeah.

He raised his hand as a grass straw fluttered through the air from a person entering the pub to catch it calmly before it fell on top of Amuns head. Threw it to the side without breaking eye contact for a second. "Oh? This sounds juicy. Need any help?"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3