i'm not a saint
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
i'm drowning in all these voices in the sea
and meeting all my vices in the ring
Perhaps he’s not exactly taking the best approach at this – reaching out to Wessex after their previous encounter where he’d asked about the Portals. He wants to find out if there’s a way that he and the guild can help open more places – that ever elusive ocean he craves, more places of warmth and life and something other than mud monsters and the like. But the question of the portals was a serious one awhile ago, and despite his absolute willingness to help…

Well, it does cross his mind how it might come across after being newly wedded to a portal guardian while he attempts to go behind it all and open them regardless. You win some and you lose some, right? And he doesn’t exactly know how to go about trying to meet the Wraith, and so he closes up the bar late at night, lets all the staff go home, and slips a note to someone who claims they’ll leave it in a place that the Wraith can find.

And now he just waits, in the hopes that the Ascended might show, gaze lingering on the wall of lanterns stuck on Lusea’s briefly before he looks down to his ring and sighs, scratching at Haai’s fur behind her ears as she sits in his lap and dozes idly.
so step inside, i ain't afraid to bleed
there ain't a casket strong enough for me
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

You know what’s fucking awesome? Reaching a point of in your life where not everyone knows how to get in touch with you, and you can easily dodge the things you don’t want to do with a handwave and an excuse. Must have just missed the messenger or Yeah, I’ve been in {insert place here} for a week, the note disintegrated by the time I got back. Oops!

Wessex can be found when she wants to be. When it suits her. When she hears whispers of being wanted.

Find his note she does, raising a brow at the request - her interest is thoroughly piqued, and it would be a good excuse to see the new bar. She thanks the messenger and with her part done, the Natural disappears into the night, leaving the Wraith to make her way to the Domiciles. She moves like water, a dark shadow in the moonless night, a thing that slither in the corners of large, candle-lit bedchambers and dark alleyways, if the Grounds boatsed either such things.

There’s the slightest creak as she opens the door (yes, like a normal person) and finds Sunjata sitting with the little griffin in his lap. It seems innocent enough. Likely isn’t, as she knows that nighttime meetings are rarely good, unlesss they come from orgasms. This isn’t one of those kind of meetings.

“You’re lucky I was in The Grounds, “ she says by way of greeting. “These days I’m more often in Halo than not.” Aka, she wouldn’t show up for just anyone

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
Both him and Haai perk up a bit at the door opening, the slight creak that announces the arrival of someone. And that someone being exactly who Sunjata was looking for. Offering a small tired smile in response to her greeting, he snorts lightly. “I imagine you’re far better suited to it than I am.” He gives her a slight smirk at that, moving Haai briefly to readjust in the seat he has. Gesturing to the seat across him for her to sit should she wish to, he pauses before he speaks next.

I wanted to talk to you about the whole… Portal business.” He tilts his head slightly – all airs of amusement shifting toward that of business, of seriousness. “If the Ascended need help with anything, I’d like to offer mine and my guild’s services to you in exchange for the portals opening.” He doesn’t divulge what the guild is, doesn’t know if Wessex even knows about the Advocates. But he’s here to open them, to find the ocean, to get away from it all for a bit.

To have the world at his fingers again.

Sort of top secret stuff that I couldn’t exactly send in a message.” He offers with a small amount of humor returning, a glint to his steel gaze as he looks to the Wraith.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

She grins wryly. “A little,” if only because the only things suited to Halo are either covered in thick layers of fat and fur or just can’t feel the cold at all. Or those who have grown up there, and even then - they need the fur’s help. Slipping in to the seat across from Sunjata, the Wraith doesn’t have to wait long to find out why the man wanted to meet privately, late at night, in an empty bar. There are only two things that happen this time of night, and Wessex would have been incredibly surprised (like, blown away levels of surprised) if he had wanted to fuck her.

So that leaves the other option. Secret, not-so-kosher things.

Allowing a brow to rise as she listens, Wessex’s hands fold in her lap and she crosses her legs, reclining a bit. “I wasn’t aware you had a guild. Do tell.”

First things first. She can’t negotiate on behalf of her people if she doesn’t know who they’re getting into bed with.

WESSEX
unsex me here
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
A return grin is given toward Wessex as she comments ‘a little’, something he’s quietly envious of – never feeling the cold. Coming from a world where snow was…. Well, nonexistent it was something he absolutely was not a fan of. The layers, the way it’d melt and get everywhere. It wasn’t his idea of a good time. Regardless, Wessex nears and takes the seat across from him and he turns his attention to her, offering the quiet bits of information that he can, to determine whether she’s intrigued to begin with.

And she is, his lips curl into a slight smirk as he tilts his head. “It’s called the Devil’s Advocates. We don’t exactly go around broadcasting it.” He begins. “Lucas started it last year. I’ve been the most recent head of it, and I’m gearing it a bit more towards… Well, spying I suppose. I want information on Halo and portals, and I want a goddamn ocean somewhere.” He offers with a slight breathy chuckle at that, not expanding on who Lucas was because there was a part of him that just assumes she’ll know. “Though I think it started off a bit more similarly to a thieves guild. I’ve changed the direction a bit.” Here his gaze becomes a bit more serious, a bit more business-like.

And we’re in need of members that would prefer to continue this little secret and expand until all of Caido is available, and then we’ll go from there.” He leans back on the barstool slightly, head lifting up slightly to see if it’s something of interest to her. “I know we didn’t exactly get off on the right footing when we first met, but I think you’d great at it. And the key to opening up the rest of the world if the Spire and the Mathair are any indications.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

Wessex snorts. “Of course Lucas started it.” She’d never understood his thing about being bad for bad’s sake. What was the point? Still, there’s the tiniest bit of nostalgia in her voice. For as dumb as his death was, he has his useful moments. Their family probably wouldn’t be as ‘family-like’ with him, but the guy was an asset. And as she finds herself shouldering all of the battle-burdens, someone else who could fight would have been… nice.

The Wraith listens with a cocked head, digesting the information Sunjata lays out before her. Interesting… very interesting. Her fingers tap idly against the table as she lets silence stretch out before her, the gears turning in her head. “As long as your goal is to open all of Caido, I think we are firmly on the same team. How do you plan to do this spying, what kind of information are you looking for, and do you work with either Rex or Neron yet?”

She has loyalties only to the Voice and the Ascended as a group. Rex, the Council, and the Grounds are quickly turning into people and things that do not matter anymore. When the only limit to her travels is where she’s been, Wessex barely claims Grounds citizenship anymore. She is effectively nomadic, going wherever her whims and orders take her.

Ah, that’s another thing. She’s not good at having two masters. “Are you the type of order-giving guild leader or…?”

WESSEX
unsex me here
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Of course.” He echoes with some sort of amusement. But he lists out the information easily, forwardly, awaiting the response from the Wraith that could go either way. And with it, an idle wait as he watches her casually, interested in what she has to say.

The mention of opening up all of Caido has his head nodding. “All of it.” He agrees. Not wanting to be bound by chains and storms and barriers. “Spying for things of use. Information on mage glass, currently. Some exporting things, what might be useful in order to get the portals. Things of that nature.” He reaches up to rub at his stubbled cheek briefly. “I’ve got people in Halo already, some here. I figured reaching out to you would be best for the main goal. Rex doesn’t care for me much, haven’t met Neron yet.” He muses, before his gaze flirts around his bar. “But I’ve got people that know them, possibly with influence so.” An easy denial and all of that.

His gaze lands back on Wessex with the next question, a smirk crossing his face. “I mostly prefer to give people a goal and let them figure it out on their own. In this instance, you’re closest to the Voice. Which seeing as the portals are my main goal... I’d likely be able to concede to you on what you think will be best.” He’s not giving up his title, but he’s certainly willing for teamwork of a sort. “Compromise and all that.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

Nodding every now and then, Wessex has already made her decision by the time he’s halfway through. “I may be in a position to help with several of those things…” She grins, and it’s half-feral, half full of secrets. What has the Wraith been up to? No one really knows, except for herself.

“I’m in. Sharing secrets like that amongst trusted friends can’t be a bad thing and the Voice wants us to have connections all over the world.” If she wasn’t leaning back in her seat, looking for all the world like the cat that’s swallowed the canary, she is now. “So. First things first." They've got quite a job ahead of them in Torchline and it will take time, she assumes, to achieve their goals their. "Have you heard of the Eirachi? Goddess of Deepfrost, because apparently we have seasonal patrons and that information was lost. She’s the wild card deity of Halo. And in return for information, I have to build her a shrine here.”

He should be able to grasp what she’s getting at. Mage glass. She’s going to ask about mage glass. And if they could control access to the first bit that’s been found… they could have a massive advantage in the world.

WESSEX
unsex me here
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
”I’m in.” As soon as the confirmation hits his ears he offers a smirk to her in agreement. Something that he agrees with in the comments following – connections all over the world, everywhere, eyes and ears to see what way the world shifts beneath their current drama and antics. At the mention of the Eirachi, however, Sunjata’s head tilts a bit.

Is that so?” He rumbles thoughtfully. “I haven’t heard the name, but I was told from a Fae there are other gods than the ones the many follow." But he follows her understanding of what she’s asking, and he leans against the bar toward her with a conspirator’s smirk. “Did she specify any place in particular?” If a shrine was all it took, well, might as well go for it in the end, right?
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

Wessex nods. Apparently their are other Gods, and she’s finding it rather irritating that the heralds allowed such information to disappear from the Ground. What harm simply knowing could have done is beyond her, but… ah, that’s another conversation for another day.

“Someplace cold, but I’ve got that covered.” Neron will help. “I also need the bones of something that died upon the Tundra and stones from the Fangs. Help me with the first?” She could probably manage it by herself - easily, actually - but Sunjata has just become infinitely more interesting and they still need to discover that they’re eskimo siblings (thanks Hotaru!). And the Tundra is a vast place, so why not take this opportunity?

And as for the latter part, well, that should be easy too.

WESSEX
unsex me here
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
A snort is given toward Wessex at the comment of something cold, thankful already that the Ascended woman has it covered. At the mention of something that died upon the Tundra and stones from the Fangs, he considers her thoughtfully before nodding in agreement. “I’m probably going to complain most of the time.” He teases her playfully with a wink before settling back in his seat. “But we can certainly manage.

Indeed, the sunkissed skin was a direct sign that he’d not preferred to keep covered up, to keep from wasting away to frostbite and hypothermia. But he focuses on her after as his tone grows a bit more serious. “Welcome to the Advocates, then, Wessex. Let me know when you need my help.” He gives her a bright grin to that, one more added to the group.