Calm thee down, you heathen child
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4 - Int:
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
but no one seems to care about honesty
so i spend too much time in my head
For a moment you pause, and then, wonder of wonders, you try on a grin. "Sorry. I get...carried away." It's a trait that you and Kai share in spades.

You record his answers diligently, peppering in additional questions as you go. "What does the acknowledgement of their grief do?" Pausing to consider whether or not someone ought to be forced to deal with their grief or not, you draw a box around this question in your notes before passing it over. "Wait, are we trying to alleviate their grief, or provide comfort?" Those two constructs you think, are very very different.

"I can put them in a world where they forget. Or where they can hug their loved ones again." You say, almost casually.

You don't really notice the change in Bastien's tone. You're too focused on what you're writing. "But that seems like their problem, not mine. How am I to know who is grieving and who isn't? And undermining their grief isn't my intention. It's gaining information. So if their feelings are hurt because they've mistakenly assumed my motives, why is that my fault?"

You seem genuinely upset about this. It's your biggest cross to bear after all, given that you can't read people or situations.

Messages In This Thread
Calm thee down, you heathen child - by Bastien - 01-14-2020, 07:07 PM
RE: Calm thee down, you heathen child - by Oia'i'o - 01-14-2020, 07:44 PM