Calm thee down, you heathen child
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Do you make art?" Bastien tossed back, not one to tell other people if they were artists or not without seeing some kind of interest. He believed anyone could be an artist, but so far he'd not seen any kind of creative inclination from Oia.

The way which Oia said 'any way' caused Bastien to pause, wondering just what idea she'd had. "Ah, well..perhaps tell me the way you are considering. I'm not sure about any way, actually. I misphrased that." Knowing Oia, he half-thought she was planning to go and grab people by the shoulders and yell DON'T BE SAD in their faces, which wouldn't help at all.

Bastien had always been an empathetic soul, had usually found it easy to read the emotions and needs of those around him; having to explain how was difficult - it was instinct. Still, he would try his best. "Well, if someone is crying, or hunched down, like this--" He curled inwards, hugged his arms. "Perhaps their face is like this." Pulling an over-exaggerated sad face, he hoped it might show her what to look for.

Sitting back up, he realised this probably wouldn't cut it all the time. "Or...perhaps, if you are polite, you could ask. If you see someone and you are not sure how they feel, say 'how are you'? And do not doubt the answer they give." Not that people were always honest, but Oia seemed prone to interrogate anyone just saying they were fine.

She smiled again and Bastien felt his heart warming to her, to the excitable student he'd suddenly found himself with. "Just like that. I do not know everything, but I have learnt a lot in my life...been in very different places to this, met a lot of people. I will try help as much as I can. But it must always be at night, or an evening. And let's meet here. If you want to talk to me, knock on my door around this time. I will tell you, if I am in, if I am available."
You can't change the system from within
The system changes you and makes you panic!
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
Calm thee down, you heathen child - by Bastien - 01-14-2020, 07:07 PM
RE: Calm thee down, you heathen child - by Bastien - 01-15-2020, 06:09 PM