Calm thee down, you heathen child
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Ah, you have struck upon quite the conundrum there." Bastien smiled, put a finger to his chin. "What counts as art? Is it only that which is made intentionally, only that which passes some standard of quality? Or is anything none-essential to our survival art? This conversation, for instance." He gestured between them with one hand, the expression on his face clearly showing this was a favourite subject of his. "It is not necessary for either of our lives. It is borne of curiosity and the human need to be more than simple animals."

Oia was remarkably casual about her ability to make 'alternate worlds', a concept that had Bastien's eyes widening. "You...should at least ask permission first. Some people likely would not want that. ...I..." He'd heard of a lot of magic in Caido, but never anything quite like this. "Would you show it to me? I have not lost anyone for you to return, but I would love to see one of these worlds you can create. That, indeed, sounds like art." Something that would make an incredible performance, he thought.

It seemed her inability to read emotions was leaving her quite frustrated, which Bastien supposed it would be; he didn't know if he had any real answers for her though. "Perhaps, once you have introduced yourself, you should tell people you struggle with this, then they could explain to you their emotions as they come up. That way, you know where you stand. If they are cruel about your struggle..." He cringed, thinking of his own harsh words for her. "...it is up to you if they are worth continuing to speak to."

The agreement had been made. "Perhaps sometimes you may allow me to show you the pieces within the sanctuary and teach you of them? I could bring them out here, if it would make you more comfortable."
You can't change the system from within
The system changes you and makes you panic!
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
Calm thee down, you heathen child - by Bastien - 01-14-2020, 07:07 PM
RE: Calm thee down, you heathen child - by Bastien - 01-16-2020, 07:26 PM