Calm thee down, you heathen child
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4 - Int:
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
but no one seems to care about honesty
so i spend too much time in my head
"Animals aren't simple." You say almost defensively, frowning. "But you didn't answer my question. What counts as art?"

To this, you shake your head. "Asking permission skews the results most times. If you know you are in an illusory situation, you will act differently. The same way people normally act differently when they are alone versus when they know they're being watched." You shrug. "I am here to observe behaviour. Sometimes the behaviours I want to observe are reckless or dangerous, fatal even. So having the power to create the environment to encourage certain behaviours and watch certain outcomes in a world that isn't real, is helpful." That he wants to see what you can do makes you smile again. You do quite like this power. "We can right now, if you want."

You blink at this suggestion, considering its merits and what it might be like. "So...if I tell people that I have a difficult time perceiving and understanding emotional responses, that excuses future interactions that might otherwise be considered rude?" Maybe you could make a sign...or slips of paper you could hand out...

"Maybe." You agree, almost slyly. It's like a poorly fitting mask or a child wearing clothing much too big; a poor imitation of the expression you're going for, but the essence is there. It's almost a joke, really.

Messages In This Thread
Calm thee down, you heathen child - by Bastien - 01-14-2020, 07:07 PM
RE: Calm thee down, you heathen child - by Oia'i'o - 01-17-2020, 08:00 PM