[se] on myths and madness
For Kai and Zidane!
Observer

Age: 19 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 290
MP:
#1
OIA
Your sleep patterns are constantly in flux. It's part of who you are, intune with nature and all that. As the days grow longer, so too do you find yourselves needing less hours asleep. The urge to forage and stash things away for winter itches in your bones, and though you're able to ignore it being the sort of human-animal that you are, you feel it still.

Which is all just to say that it's perfectly fine that you and your twin are wandering around the woods at night.

"I can hear his thoughts." You say of Meraki, who is wound into your hair like any other bit of foliage might be. "It's all colours and shapes and impressions." This is something you ought to hate, but you don't. 'It's like my brain is an environment and he's an invasive species."

i think i'll pass on the summer
don't wanna fall for it this time

Coding base by Sky!
Reply
Scientist

Age: 19 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15
Played by: charks Offline
Change author:
Posts: 226
MP:
#2
because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing
You, too, can feel the winter inching closer, the light growing longer and the nights growing short. But short nights are warm nights, a time to find new perspective in the world and see animals and plants and sights and sounds you generally would not.

Which is part of why you and Oia are currently wandering through the woods, experimenting with your twin's new bond and the way the spriggan exists in her mind.

"Or a symbiotic species," you counter brightly, delighted and only a little jealous with the new bond your sister shares. You'd be lying if a small part of you wasn't a tiny bit afraid that the Spriggan will replace you as her primary support, but also that was kind of the idea so you really ought to have thought that through. "Can you see the way he looks at things? Are his eyes multifaceted? Does he see multiple images? How are they translated into his brain?"
kaimana
Reply
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Age: 50 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural
Level: 0 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 5 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
Posts: 31
MP:
#3
ZIDANE
Zidane was tired, oh so tired of people right now which maybe was the reason he had fled out in the forest instead of planting his butt in a pub as he normally would. The constant drunken fools coming up to him either to flirt or dare him to silly things like empty a huge bear within 10 seconds. He didn't do such things anymore, he was an Ascended after all. There was no benefit whatsoever for him to flirt back or risk damaging himself by the intake of beer. No no no he was better off out here, alone, in the woods. He was as always in a bit of predicament as he could not venture out into the sun to try and capture its light so as per always he tried to think about other ways to snare the light. Sure it was just a silly thing to do but the mere thought of prolonging the arrival of the monsters was enough for him to try and catch the light each year.

This year he was out in the forest, collecting those small firebugs in a jar to light up the year for a longer time. He caught one by one as his project to keep the light going and by now he had captured so many that the entire jar was glowing like a ray of light. The closest he got to sunshine without risking his own "life". He stood there watching the firebugs trapped within the jar that lit up is surroundings as well as a torch would have done. As he looked at the light he heard the voices closing into his location which both annoyed him and peeked his interest. What was people doing out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night? Shouldn't they be drinking by now?
Don't mind me, I'm just marking my territory
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Reply
Observer

Age: 19 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 290
MP:
#4
OIA
"The information doesn't flow like that. It's more...abstract pulses. Impressions of impressions." Which is just to say that you aren't sure what sort of eye-characteristics Meraki actually has. "I think perhaps we'll work on a system of yes or no responses and build up a vocabulary from there. Given what different species we are, we should establish a baseline for communication so that nothing gets lost in translation." You pause, because you've sort of made a pun, and then add: "Humour."

Before you can answer the rest of your twin's question, you catch sight of a light hovering in the distance. Squinting and with no regard for your personal safety, you march forward until Zidane comes into view. Seeing the fireflies flitting helplessly in a jar, immediately your shoulders tense, your eyes narrow, and your brows furrow together. "Why are you trapping those creatures." You all but demand, arms crossed over your chest.

i think i'll pass on the summer
don't wanna fall for it this time

Coding base by Sky!
Reply
Scientist

Age: 19 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15
Played by: charks Offline
Change author:
Posts: 226
MP:
#5
because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing
You laugh brightly at Oia's accidental joke, finding nothing off-putting as she specifies that, yes, it is humorous. But before your conversation can continue your sister is distracted by something in the distance, and begins to march away.

This is not an uncommon occurrence in your life.

Spinning to stare where she is headed, you spot the bright light hanging in the dark. Interesting. Your steps are quicker than your twins, due to your legs being much shorter, but you're able to catch up fairly quickly when she abruptly stops.

Coming to rest at Oia's side you peer into the bright, flickering light, realizing immediately what must be causing it and exhaling your own sound of puzzled bewilderment. "Are you benefited by having them in a jar?" you tack on to your sister's question, not sure how he might benefit from such a thing but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. People in the Hollowed Ground do weird things, after all.
kaimana
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


RPG-D