Like big balls of yarn [Seasonal Event]
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

take your medicine

"Quite, though I do wish the circumstances were more pleasant." Isla smiled to him, waiting for him to take the powder before continuing to rifle through her satchel. This time she withdrew a clean cloth, dabbing the sweat from his brow and obediently ducking beneath his arm to help support him as they walked. "Not at all," she said. "If you start to feel dizzy or lightheaded, let me know, alright?" Taking as much weight as she was able, Isla walked him into the Temple proper and around to where the infirmary was located.

"Yes, she did. You've been hit with an arrow, I hear, and you had to snap it to help you get back here... and you were a lion at the time, apparently." She arched an eyebrow at him, though she was more trying to keep him talking than anything else. They headed through the empty reception and into the ward, Isla drawing back a curtain and nodding to the cot - Remi would likely recognise it as the one he'd been in the last time he was here.

"Get as comfortable as you can, I just need to clean up and make sure I have everything I need," she said.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

"Oh? This isn't pleasant? Remi grinned. "And here I thought this was the appropriate way to try and see a physician. This is the sort of thing you enjoy, correct?" Allowing himself to be dried off like a placated animal (which in many ways he actually was), Remi smiled thankfully and bobbed in his head. Wrapping his arm around her and trying to put as little weight onto her shoulders possible, he nodded at her instruction as they set off.

As Isla spoke, it seemed that Vai was merely describing a hunting accident...at least until she mentioned the bit about being a lion. Flinching slightly, he glanced at her and nodded silently. He was a shape changer after all, so that he was a lion at the time was perhaps not quite so odd, right? Certainly Isla didn't look as though she was subtle preparing to stab him with a scalpel if he went off the rails.

Heaving himself onto the cot (actually more leaning against it and then awkwardly rolling himself into a flat position), Remi sighed and stared at the ceiling as he laced his hands over his stomach. "Busy day?"

remi
sometimes love is war but sometimes you win
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

Isla laughed to him as they walked. "Remi, I also enjoy reading, research and a good party. If you wanted to come and see me you might have just brought something interesting for us to look at. Although..." She glanced down at his leg and shrugged. "I suppose you have, in a way. Point taken, this is what I enjoy most."

As he flinched she glanced up at him, giving his arm a gentle pat. "She said it was an important detail, in case the wound changed or got worse when you shifted back. It was a fair point." Letting him go, Isla pottered around at a small table on wheels while Remi got himself onto the cot, and she rolled it and a chair over before sinking down beside the bed to examine the wound.

"When isn't it?" She flashed him a wry smile. "Life of a physician. At least I enjoy it, as you said... Okay, I'll need to cut your pant leg to see what I'm dealing with. It shouldn't hurt, but if you need me to stop just say so." Picking up some scissors, she very carefully began to cut away bloody material to reveal the wound underneath.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

He was about to interrupt her to say precisely what she ended up noting, and he merely chuckled in agreement. "I will keep that in mind for next time though. I would not want your days to become too monotonous."

Hearing her explanation, Remi inhaled deeply before letting it out in a gentle stream. "Yes of course. I am not sure that shifting back was advisable but...it was necessary at the time. I would offer to shift so you could see the original injury but...I am not sure that is for the best either." The alchemist offered quietly, his eyes on the floor.

"Mmhmm." Remi said with a nod, his eyes still on the ceiling. Someone else in his position might have made a quip about her taking off his pants to early in the relationship, or how she must have spares for the men at home if she was constantly sheering them off, but of course Remi didn't. Instead he tapped his fingers along his knuckles and worried about whether or not he could ever become a lion without being confident that he wouldn't endanger those around him.

Wincing only slightly as the dried blood caused the cut-fabric to pull slightly, Remi exhaled and rubbed the place between his eyes. "You haven't any....fast acting sedatives, do you?" The alchemist asked, glancing at Isla with a sad expression.

remi
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

"Monotonous? Hardly. Every day is exciting in this line of work." Isla smirked at him, before setting to her work once more. As he spoke about shifting she couldn't help but note the weary tone in his voice, tilting her head to him but not feeling like it was her place to probe him about it further. "Well of course it wouldn't be for the best," she tried, aiming to lighten the mood and tipping him a wink. "No way would a lion fit on this cot. You'd make it altogether more awkward for me."

She had just about cut the fabric away enough to reveal the wound when he requested a sedative, Isla arching an eyebrow. "For sleep? Or just for calm?" she asked, rising to her feet. "I only usually give the former if we need to do surgery, but for you I can make an exception, if that's what you want."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Glancing around, Remi couldn't help but agree. He'd forgotten that his proportions changed significantly as a lion. Returning her wink with a lopsided smile, he plopped his head back down as she continued her work. He tried his best not to move, not out of any desire to appear more masculine or able to handle pain, but simply to make her job all the easier. Still, he couldn't help the way his muscles twitched when her scissors forced the clotted blood away from his skin.

"For..." Biting down on the inside of his cheek, Remi tried to relax himself into the bed despite how he wanted to tense simply at the thought of the subject he was about to broach. "My lion shift ... it is not like my other one. The senses of the predator are much stronger than I am used to and it can be difficult to control. " Raising his eyes with a sad smile, he trailed his gaze down towards the wound. "This was no hunting accident, but a way to stop me before I caused any one harm."

Fidgeting with his finger slightly he tried to chuckle. "And now that I know I need not be injured to drop by, I thought perhaps sedation might be easier than an arrow."

remi
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

Isla listened quietly as Remi explained just what had happened, the medic glancing from his sad expression down to the splintered arrow poking from his thigh. She pressed her lips together and nodded in understanding; it wasn't her job to judge, it was her job to heal. She planned to do just that. "I see," she said. "So you'd like some as a preventative in future, rather than for right now? Not that I wouldn't recommend some for now, lion or no lion."

So saying, Isla assured him that she would return shortly, slipping out of the small, curtained off room to fetch something that she thought would help. When she returned, it was with a small pouch that she had clearly gotten from the infirmary's somewhat meagre stores (they were growing, little by little). "This will keep you calm and can make you drowsy, but it won't knock you out," she said, taking some parchment to jot down a few things onto it.

"I've written the instructions and also the ingredients and how I make it... you're al alchemist, so perhaps you'll be able to improve on it, or at the very least make your own if you're in a bind." She smiled. "Would that work?"

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi gave the medic a confused look as she mentioned that that he might want some for now as well. Stealing a breath, he could only shrug. She was the professional after all, and truthfully he had only been thinking of later. But of course as his mind was reminded of why he was here, his leg gaze a burning spark of pain to make it abundantly clear that yes, this was definitely going to get worse before it got better.

Nodding, Remi accepted the pouch and glanced inside. Drawing a breath and releasing it in a sigh, he drank what was inside in one swallow. Taking the parchment, he scanned it quickly tilting his head as he read. There were ingredients that he was familiar with, but a few he wasn't. Immediately his mind went to work puzzling out the main and active ingredients and wondering how best to go about duplicating what he'd just consumed. Quickly though his thoughts grew fuzzy, and he found himself leaning heavily back against the cot.

"I will...look at this. And..thank you. I will replenish....your supplies.." He murmured drowsily, eyelashes rising and falling slowly

remi
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

"This one is on the house, for visiting me." Isla smiled to him, taking her seat once more and readying the tools and equipment she'd need to both remove the arrow from his leg, clean him up and stitch the wound. "Just don't rely on it too often, okay? I'm not sure of the long term effects. No doubt someone would have used it recreationally in their time, but who knew if it was addictive or not.

As Remi grew drowsy, Isla set to work. He was an intelligent man, so she didn't try to placate him - instead, she walked him through what she was doing in a quiet, calm voice, removing the arrow from his leg and quickly staunching the bleeding. Once she was sure there was no major internal damage, she set about stitching the wound shut after using a numbing agent on it. With that done, she put a dressing over it and gently pressed some snow moss against it to cool it down for a few minutes.

"There," she said. "You'll still want that crutch for a few days, but you can start to heal up now."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"Mmm." Remi agreed drowsily. Though the alchemist had used drugs recreationally in the past, it hadn't occurred to him to use actual medical supplies for that purpose. Who would be so wasteful? "Of course not." He agreed through lips that felt full and large

Remi did his best to listen, but his mind felt loose and blue and vast. Her words while interesting sounded more like a melody than anything else, and though he was nodding his head along very little of what she was saying was sticking. Still, he appreciated the gesture.

Looking down Remi was surprised to find that the itchy/pinchy feeling had actually been her stitching him up. Even more surprising was the fact that she was now finished. Pushing himself into a seated position, Remi groaned mildly as he bent his leg. It was more that his muscles had grown stiff rather than the healing wound, which he was thankful for. He'd take sore muscles over the firey clanging of the arrow-wound.

"Do not think I have forgotten your tools." Remi said with a wry grin as he reached for the crutch. "I have something I think you will like...perhaps though you could come to me int he next few days?" He glanced down at his leg to indicate that she was currently much more mobile than he was.

remi
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

Isla didn't stop him as he pushed himself into a sitting position; rather she stepped back and watched to make sure there were no obvious signs that anything was awry. Nodding to herself when he seemed alright, she helped to pass the crutch to him and offered him a light smile. "You don't have to worry about my tools right now," she told Remi, shaking her head. "You just concentrate on getting better, okay? I'll still come and visit you, though. I don't get out of this place nearly enough. I'll bring you more of those sedatives you asked for, too. That is, if you haven't managed to make them yourself by then."

She stepped away and drew the curtain back for him, intent on walking him out to make sure he would get home okay. "If you have any problems, you know where I am, okay?"

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"Does concentration help?" The alchemist said, aiming for humour but sounding sleepy instead. "And I do not like to make promises that I cannot keep, but I will work on replenishing your supplies as quickly as I can." Remi reiterated with a smile.

Easing himself off of the bed and taking a few steadying breaths (having been prone for so long combined with the drugs made him feel quite dizzy as he rose), Remi reached for the crutch he had made and placed it sturdily under his arm. Heaving himself off of the cot, Remi took a few shaky steps before seeming to get the hang of being upright again and moving far more smoothly.

Exiting with Isla at his side - though no longer needing to balance against her - Remi nodded dutifully. "Hopefully I won't have reason to call upon you." He chuckled with a slight yawn, before leaning himself against the door to open it. "Thank you for everything." The alchemist added with an appreciative smile before stepping out of the building.

FIN~

remi