Hall of the Lore King

Age: 316 | Height: | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Silphi Away
Change author:
MP: 0
A small smile crept over the blonde’s lip as the Sage seemed to agree with his observation. Aside from playing in the mud the Celt had come to expect a certain reservation in regards to the emotions from his new friend. Letting some earnest feelings and opinion through was definitely welcome. Remaining quiet he listened as Jigano continued. It was odd, but he felt comforted by the knowledge the Fae, despite recent events, were still willing to make contact with the Grounders. He did however note the rueful smile.

Feeling corrected by the Loreseeker’s words Aonghas felt himself straighten up in some outward display of righting his error. Guild’s weren’t exactly familiar to him after all. “Ah I see. My lairdship is -” he stopped himself with a pained expression, “ was, small. I’m sure it is apparent that I don’t have much of an acquaintance with such organised groups.” From what he knew of humans, they were fickle at best so to hear Loren’s capabilities were still welcome to the Loreseekers was promising.

Noting the gesture Aonghas sat himself down, but dared not make eye contact until he had finished speaking. He hated to see pity in the eyes of another, moreso directed at himself. Once again the Bard’s tactful tongue saved the conversation and Aonghas felt reassured. A somewhat theatrical sigh of relief left him when Jigano noted his fresh viewpoint, but he matched the seriousness of the tone with the Loreseeker’s follow up…

Finding a niche… That was something he had been wracking his brains for since he arrived. He had come up short, something that matched his mortal -feeble-  body in usefulness. Taking a measured pause before he spoke again, Aonghas wanted to choose his words carefully. “Thank you, Jigano…”

“I’ve felt nothing but welcomed here in Caido, much of that thanks to your hospitality.” he gave as deep a bow as he could, in his seated position, to his friend sat opposite.

“I offer nothing but my entirety to fulfilling the needs of the Guild, if only so it will help me find my own place here.” The overdramatic gravitas of his words were as sincere to him as any lost creature. He meant it; as much as he could.

There was a better part of him that told him to stop with his weak line of questioning, however the greater part of him, the part that yearned for the human presence persisted. ”When you first arrived… I am curious. I can’t help but feel in my previous life that I were meant for more…” He stopped himself again, from not explaining exactly what it was he meant.

The pause was punctuated with a sobering breath. He gave Jigano a sorrowful look as he pressed on however. ”How were you able to continue on here after your arrival? Starting this Guild. Finding a greater purpose here?” Aonghas’ voice seemed to crack as he spoke; his eyes not breaking contact.

Messages In This Thread
Hall of the Lore King - by Aonghas - 01-18-2020, 03:34 AM
RE: Hall of the Lore King - by Jigano - 01-18-2020, 04:35 AM
RE: Hall of the Lore King - by Aonghas - 01-21-2020, 11:36 PM
RE: Hall of the Lore King - by Jigano - 01-22-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: Hall of the Lore King - by Aonghas - 01-23-2020, 12:48 AM
RE: Hall of the Lore King - by Jigano - 01-23-2020, 05:55 PM
RE: Hall of the Lore King - by Aonghas - 01-26-2020, 07:00 PM
RE: Hall of the Lore King - by Jigano - 01-27-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: Hall of the Lore King - by Aonghas - 05-11-2020, 02:12 AM
RE: Hall of the Lore King - by Jigano - 05-12-2020, 07:53 PM
RE: Hall of the Lore King - by Aonghas - 05-19-2020, 11:12 PM