Mini Event we were born with lightning in our heels
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
after all is said and done
you're just a carnivore
let you in and drink my blood
you're nothing but a monster

The demi-god carries the charge metal in the blanket on her back, pieces wrapped up in a neat and tidy parcel for their Lady. Turns out it wasn’t so difficult to do after all if only because by some twist of fate, she already conveniently had lightning magic in her body. Peering up at the white-capped peaks of the Fangs, Wessex waits for her brethren to come through the portal and join her, idly playing with the edge of her cloak to pass the time whilst keeping a keen eye and ear out for Ursurs - or worse, those pesky portal guardians.

It will be good to have this done, she thinks to herself, to have another toe-hold in this icy, brutal area. Every little bit helps.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
The guards had given him a funny look when Amun walked through just before dark. In response, he’d given them a friendly nod and handed over a bulging sack of meat. With that, he gone to meet Wessex at the meeting spot. When he saw her, he gave her a nod. Then he had settled in to wait for the rest of the Ascended to show.

Once they did, he’d greet them all with careful nods as well. Then he would turn and lead them higher into the Fangs. The darkness held no secrets to their eyes, though the chill wind tossed snow at them, and the drifts grew deeper and more treacherous as they ascended up the mountains. Thankfully, it wasn’t long before they reached the hidden cave.

Entering it and turning the corner would reveal the altar Amun, Bastien, and Nate had constructed. He paused, letting the rest of the group file in. Stepping to the back of the group, he waited for Wessex to place the metal on the altar. Assuming she did, he’d bow his head. ”We call upon our lady, The Voice, to bless this place.” His voice echoed in the cave.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Age: 57 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305
ZIDANE
Zidane had accompanied Amun as he had said to go visit the new shrine and calmly followed him to the location. He was not saying much during their walk, just calmly walking next to Amun while he was sucking in the night in all its glory. Even though he didn't feel much of it the night was warm with a slight flickering breeze together with the sweet smells of longheat. Dressed in his normal, well made garments in black and dark gray they reached the hidden entrance and he let his fingers touch the caves rocky walls as they continued inwards.

There was faces he had seen so many times before within the cave and one of them was Wessex. He hadn't really been the most active Ascended before but after talking to Amun he had been invited to join them none the less. He had promised to become more active within their society and say what you will but he was a man of his words. He settled down a bit in the outside of the gathering since he was yet to feel comfortable amongst other people in general and listened to Amun's words echoing within the cave. Made a solemn wish within himself for the same thing even though he didn't let those words out just yet. The Voice would indeed hear his wishes even though he wasn't saying them out loud after all. As stated; he was slightly uncomfortable with people of any kind which The Voice surely already knew.
Don't mind me, I'm just marking my territory
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BAStIEN
Bastien found Halo to be a miserable place, which he supposed was why their Lady wanted to spread her light to it - at least his art on the walls of the cave containing the Shrine might help to add a little atmosphere, he hoped; as they walked to the location he mostly wondered if anyone would like his work there. He was not often prone to a lack of confidence, but he'd never painted anything on the walls of a Gods residence before - he wondered if this was how Michelangelo had felt creating the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

Once they reached the shrine he nodded towards it just once as if silently greeting the Voice, not feeling the need to add anything to Amun's words. Hands held together he leaned on the wall towards the outside of the cave, looking over his painting on the walls.
He’s the patron saint of each great Friday night
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Change author:

Samuel
Tell me little dear if you've only lived here,
have you ever really lived at all?

Sam had been waiting for the day to come, both with excitement and a healthy helping of anxiety; as much as his recent success at the council election had boosted his confidence, he knew there would be plenty of people against the erection of an Ascended shrine in Halo, not just the 'Guardians'. He headed to the spot wearing a long coat with a hood, feeling the need to be as hidden and small as he could make himself. As they walked, he intermittently turned invisible and back to being there, depending on how scared he felt in a given moment.

He was excited to see The Voice though. While he had not been very lucky in their search for metal, he hoped she'd still appreciate his contribution to this effort. Making their lady happy was one of the happiest group activities they could do as a family - he even found himself smiling at the sight of Wessex, surprised to feel something like fondness in his chest.

"Oh, it's beautiful." Sam mumbled as he entered the cave, walking up to the front and kneeling down on the ground, hands clasped at his knees.

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
hung high and dry, where no one can see
if there's no one to blame, blame it on me
She has said she didn’t want to come to Halo – that the association with it all would be harmful if anyone were to find out. A slight sigh passes through her as she contemplates it, sitting at the Spire portal, having watched the rest of them go through already. And well, after a small amount of time she can’t wait any longer, can’t wait to hear and see what happens from a secondhand source.

She bites down on her lip and slips through the portal – her first time slipping into a portal that hadn’t brought her here – and she goes to the mountains, damning any of the consequences that might come after. She’s friends with Neron at the very least, and she likes him well enough that a simple shrine here couldn’t hurt anything. But when she finds them, finds her husband leaning against the wall on the outside of the cave, she slips in beside him to wrap her arms around his waist in a quiet surprise. “I couldn’t stay at home.” She tells him quietly, giving him a bright smile.
storm in the sky, fire in the streets
if there's nothing but pain, put it on me
REXANNA

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the rocks work as hard as the stars, to be what they are
The caves, frostbitten and hardened with rock as they are, are filled suddenly with electricity. It hums through the air, through the bones of her children making their circuits whisper in harmony. She is there suddenly, her glowing-essence rising out of the shrine created for her by the hands of those she had created.

She could not be more proud of them.

"My brightest." Looking around at them each inturn, her smile enigmatic and electric, she looked to Wessex last. "I am proud of how you have brought our family together. How well you have all worked together..." Reaching out her hands, she looked to each of them indicating that they should do the same. However as she glanced towards Amun, she frowned suddenly, brows knit together. "Was that when the temple collapsed?" She asked softly, in an almost hurt-voice. "You see what they are like? Those who are not bright? Those who place their faith and value in mere stones." Sighing, the Voice extended a hand. As she did so, electricity flourished forwards, coating Amun's ruined and crushed hand. Instantly the bones reformed, the skin extending over them as the metal prosthetic was dropped to the ground. "Who ever heard of a one-handed potter, mmm?" She chuckled lovingly, before raising her hands once more.

"Hands together."

The Voice has healed Amun's hand!

Everyone take someone's hand and form a circle!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Change author:

Samuel
Tell me little dear if you've only lived here,
have you ever really lived at all?

The shrine began to glow and Sam smiled brightly, looking up and seeing his Goddess; it was hardly a rare sight, but he was always glad when he had a chance to see his mother. Her attentions were drawn to Amun and Sam noticed for the first time that the man's hand was quite so bad - he had known it had been hurt during the temple's fall, but he hadn't noticed it was quite so serious.

Hands together, she said, and Sam stood up, immediately feeling awkward as he had to find someone (two people, in fact) to hold his hands. Nate wasn't even here. Looking back to Rexanna, trying not to focus on the way she had an arm around Bastien, which made him feel very embarrassed, he held out a hand towards her.

Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Age: 57 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305
ZIDANE
Zidane watched the shrine calmly to suck in the atmosphere created within it, saw the impressed and happy faces of his kind as they entered and how they seamed connected to each other. Almost made the "outcast" Zidane feel even more ashamed but his thoughts trailed off as the room suddenly started to glow. The Voice.. He hadn't spoken to The Voice for a long time which made the outcast feeling fill him slightly again as the shine lit onto them all. No.. get it together now, he was always sulking about something and this was a happy occasion, not time to mope about.

He looked at the voice lovingly and sucked in every word they said and as The voce suddenly healed Amun back to his old self again something happened that few (Except Amun) normally saw; A genuine smile took over his face, took away the stone face he normally had as his friend was healed. He left his solemn corner as he had been residing on to go forth towards Amun with that smile still lingering upon his face. He said nothing but that smile stayed on his face as he took Amun's free hand while stretching out his own free one to the closest person. He did not like to surround himself with other people technically but Ascendeds where a different story however.
Don't mind me, I'm just marking my territory
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
As The Voice appeared, crackling and beautiful and benevolent as always, Amun breathed a sigh of relief. He had been planning to keep his head down, to the back of the group. However, when he felt her regard on him, heard her question, he lifted his gaze. ”No. Just before.” It came out barely above a whisper, hardly audible above the electricity.

However, it didn’t seem to matter, as she extended her hand towards him. As she did, lightning flashed, and he watched with wide eyes as his prosthetic fell, and his hand reformed right before his eyes. Glancing up, his eyes glittered with fluid that reflected his goddess’ light as he cradled his healed limb. ”Thank you.” The depth of his gratitude could not be expressed in two simple words, but he tried.

Then, with both hands, he reached out. He clasped Zidane with his left hand, while the potter’s right sought out Wessex.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Change author:
BAStIEN
As Rexanna appeared beside him, Bastien smiled and wrapped an arm around her, leaning down to kiss the top of her head - always a welcome surprise. "I know you simply cannot stand to be without me." He teased quietly, eyes still looking ahead at the shrine, ready for the moment when The Voice would arrive.

And arrive she did, in all her usual glowing splendour. He watched as she healed Amun, a smile touching his lips; he had hoped the man would find a solace soon.

They were to hold hands. Obviously, he went for Rexanna's hand first, then held one out into the cave, ready for anyone looking for a companion to take.
He’s the patron saint of each great Friday night
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
hung high and dry, where no one can see
if there's no one to blame, blame it on me
That’s exactly the reason.” She teases him lightly, melting into him as he kisses the top of her head. But she withdraws enough to watch as the Voice arrives, her verdant gaze drifting from her goddess to Amun as his hand is healed, giving him a brilliant fanged smile – she imagined the Voice wanted them in perfect order, why else make them into something that she could fix when pieces went missing? Regardless, the goddess floods the shrine, beckoning them to take hands, and so she does.

She takes Bastien’s first, and when she lifts her gaze up to look at the rest of them, she catches Samuel’s gaze back at her, the extended hand, and she pulls Bastien a bit closer toward Samuel as she goes to take the book maker’s hand in her own as well – beginning the circle required, wished upon by their goddess.
storm in the sky, fire in the streets
if there's nothing but pain, put it on me
REXANNA
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
Clemente
The construction of such an important shrine had been a task better left to the accomplished older members of their little family, and though Clemente had felt useless and anxious the entire time, as he comes upon the group and the shrine in its entirety he finds it all melts away. There is nothing as important as this, all of them gathered together and whole - and as he slinks up towards them, the arrival of The Voice steals away any rationality from his mind. Clem basks in her radiance, completely overtaken by the joy of meeting her at long last. It's not the time to speak to her singularly, but even just being able to cast his unblinking childlike gaze into her is enough for now.

So overtaken, he can barely find a hand to grab, but he doesn't even question whose he will take. Clem clings eagerly to Bastien's free hand, the other reaching into empty air for someone to hold onto, all the while unable to take his gaze from their creator, terrified she'll blink out of existence if he closes his eyes. All of this, his uselessness and doubt, has been made worth it by her appearance.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
after all is said and done
you're just a carnivore
let you in and drink my blood
you're nothing but a monster

Amun appears to lead the little group from the portal, and Wessex gives the Halovian guard a courteous nod as she falls in at the end of procession, quietly making sure no one gets lost or falls behind (yes, she even waits for Rex, happy that her sister changed her mind). They trek through deep snow and treacherous edges, drifts shifting with the wind and noises echoing around them in the moon-dark night. She loves it - the wildness of it all, the way this place seemed to be made for them.

Upon arriving at the cave, she gives the beautiful painting and accompanying verse an approving glance, all light smiles as her hands begin to unwrap the bundle and roll the multiple pieces of metal to the stone floor in front of the back wall. They’d made sure to get some variety for Her to work with, not knowing what kind of  shrine she’d want. Hopefully it would be enough.

The Wraith remains quiet as their Lady appears, surprisingly solemn in the moment (reflecting, perhaps on how lucky they are to be alive right now, given the massive amount of death by mud and fire lately), content to let the others take the forefront and attention. After all, it was a group effort and this is for all of them - new and old alike. There’s a bright flash of appreciation as Amun’s hand is healed, a curious eye glancing to Zidane as he joins them for the first time, and then she closes the circle by taking the hands of Clem and Amun.