Calling the Dead
Plot Knowledge Turn-in
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHiA
Deep within Ludo’s woods, during the darkest of hours, the daughter of Death was busy preparing. The Fae were not the only ones with rituals and traditions to call upon spirits, and though her powers granted her great strength within the realm of the dead, even she relied upon the arcane every now and then. Not the same sort that the Abandoned used – oh no, Delphia did not rely on those sorts of tricks. Rae had blessed the world with all she needed for her task. In a circle she placed the lanterns, each burning brightly with special plants chosen for their spiritual properties. White Sage to cleanse and keep spirits of ill intent at bay. Cypress bark to aid the passage between the realm of the living and the dead. Wormwood, it enhance her own spiritual powers and aid in her sight. Bay laurel to strengthen the opened passage between the realms. And finally Frankincense to aid the spirits back to Mort or whence they came upon departing.

Before she entered the circle, the Seer cleansed herself, allowing the smoke of a bundle of white sage to wash over her before rubbing cedar oil into her skin so that none of the dead would attach to her or otherwise attempt to join her soul within her body. In silence she entered the circle, the scents of the ritual plants and cedar mixing and burning her nose. She knelt in the very center, silent for a moment longer as she focused on nothingness, allowing her mind to open for those only she could hear. Then she began to hum, low and quiet, slowly building to a chant she had memorized for as long as she could remember, the language she spoke not of the Fae, nor common tongue, but the ancestral language of her human mother’s people. Before long she could feel the realm of the dead begin to ebb and open, colliding with the world of the living, the natural spirits rising and writhing to the call. ”Kaló ta pnévmata ton progónon mou gia kathodígisi, gia na vroun kai na paradósoun tis chaménes psychés ton Anastasménon ston patéra mou, ton theó tou thanátou, ton aiónio Mort!”

Translation: ”I call upon the spirits of my ancestors for guidance, to find and deliver the lost souls of the Ascended to my father, the god of death, the eternal Mort!"
Spoiler Alert: Everybody Dies
Code blatantly stolen from Sky

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The one who calls is well known to us. Her voice is a wind we cannot feel, but we hear her and sometimes we even come to her. It is hard for us to do so, but her magic eases our strain.

Today it is I who come, her plea catching my thoughts.  It's hard to say why. It's hard to say anything here, trapped as we are. Everything is as it isn't, and pinning down what it is feels impossible at times. But I feel clarity just now, and serendipity it seems has brought her to us.  To me.

"Take me to Mort...pull me from this place and I will tell you what I know..." I don't sound as I once did. My voice does not resemble the timbre it once had, but the words are articulate just the same.

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
DELPHiA
The voice carries on the smoke and embers of the ritual circle, and Delphia opens her haunted gaze to peer upon the soul she hears. Yet it is naught but the voice, something broken and muffled, the life in it gone as it should not be. This one must have traveled from very far, and so the Seer reached towards the sound, as if to hold the spirit in her arms, protected and safe from whatever held it earth bound, her love for this being, whomever it might be, complete and full.

”Come, sweet one, and I shall take you to rest in my father’s realm.” she said gently, switching to the common tongue that the spirit used. With all her might she urged the soul closer, pulling it ever nearer the sanctuary of the dead she had created in her ritual circle. She could not yet tell if this was an Ascended soul she had managed to reach or another trapped spirit, either way she would help carry it where it ought be – once she heard what it had to say. ”Rest with me awhile and speak what you know. I shall hear you and mend your hurts.”

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
There are screams of torment behind me, cries of take me too! and liar!, fiend!. I ignore them all. What else is there to do when you see the light after waiting for so very long..

..and so I run into her arms, my spirit cascading against her mortal body and for a moment it is as if I have a tongue again and teeth. I snap at her hair but there is nothing but smoke and wisps of what I once was. An eerie echo.

"The souls...they are not in the Spire." Perhaps I shouldn't have led with this. Perhaps I should have saved it until last, but my mind...I haven't had to use it like this for so long. Strategy has all but left me.

"They are somewhere...cold. The air is thin. The Core...they are...they are the Core? Are inside of it? They..." It's like a dream, my thoughts. Fleeting, so far away. "...they have been silent for so long. It is only us here now."

The sound of the others stirs and grows louder; their violence feels palpable.

"Please. Let us go away from here!"

Grant has used her plot-information pass!

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
Delphia jolted back with the force of the spirit entering the circle she had created, but it was only the slightest of movements. Their energy was frenetic, frantic, confused, biting and clawing as if ready to fight, swirling without rhyme or reason. Or perhaps with reason, as the Seer felt the rise of energy through the connection beyond, some angry, some reaching in desperation. But this ritual cannot handle such a mass of spirits at once. It is meant for one and one alone. ”I shall come for you sweet ones. Wait and know I am coming.” she called to those beyond, arms wrapped tight around the soul she held, before severing the connection. A sudden wind rushed through the clearing, lantern light trembling and as the rustle of the trees stopped all was silent.

Just Delphia, and the soul she had stolen away.

”Hush now, my sweet, your war is long over. You needn’t fight any longer. Be calm and at peace. I have you, and you are safe.” Delphia cooed lovingly to the spirit, hand stroking where hair might’ve been atop a head. It hurt Delphia deeply to feel their distress, their confusion. It was, in a way, a suffering, a soul so tortured through such means for so long. And how were they? She did not know, but the length of time that had passed could have meant centuries. ”Thank you for your wisdom. Rest, and know his love for you. I will bring your brothers and sisters to you as soon as I am able.” she said, smiling lovingly at the spirit, already reaching towards her father’s realm to send the soul where it could finally rest. ”Please tell my father I will call for him soon. Enjoy your peace, dear one.” she said in parting, knowing to keep the spirit any longer would be to torture it further. From her hands, in a beam of light, all too much like an earth born shooting star, Delphia would send the spirit to Mort.

All was silent then as she stared up where the light of the soul had blinked out as it passed from this realm to her father’s. For a time it was all she could do, frozen in place by what she had seen and heard and experienced. Thin air meant height. Cold, too. Mountains. The Fangs perhaps. But there were other mountains as well, she believed. Mort needed to know this.

And so on shaky limbs the Demi-Goddess pulled herself to her feet, collecting her wares to return to her home, before setting out for the shrine. She could not rest knowing souls suffered so.