Lie to me tonight
for Sunjata
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1897
MAEA
Carry me through this world alive
I feel no more, this suffering
When the people leave and silence fall over buildings that are normally filled with life, they take on a different feel. It is almost as if they retreat into themselves, go to sleep and dream, dark dreams of shadows and dust, things that crawl under the floor and watch from just beyond that halfclosed door, that shuttered window. As if, it would be better to cover all the mirrors and blow out the candle - in case there might be something moving in the reflection that really shouldn't be there.

Slipping from her room in the late hours of the night, Maea made a point of walking as soundlessly as she could. There was something in the air that frowned upon loud noises, that warned her about drawing too much attention to her presence. In many ways, she was an outsider here. A temporary presence, uncomfortable in the loud frenzy of the evening revels and quick to slink away into the solitude of her borrowed quarters. The VlamVloed was supposed to be a haven for her in this time of need... but she didn't feel it tonight.

Tired and none too happy about being dragged from her bed at this hour, she set the flickering candle she'd brought along on the counter and climbed up on one of the bar stools - too high for her by far. Pulled the shawl close about her shoulders. Despite the closeness of the air after so many people depriving it of all oxygen, with the many smells of a bar lingering, she felt chilled. A bit out of sorts, like the throat was too tight and her thoughts hadn't entirely dragged themselves out of sleep yet. A sheef of paper crumpled in her hand, and with a wry twist of her mouth she held it up and read it again, before slowly feeding it to the open flame.

"Way to pick awful times to meet, fishboy," she murmured... and regretted breaking the silence right away, when the empty hall beyond her back seemed to condense into something living, something quite aware.
Bury me in this cold light
I feed the wolf, and shed my skin
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SuNjATA
the flood
It’s late at night, and Sunjata has just finished cleaning up for the most part. The staff have left, and when it comes to giving Maea a bit more to her arsenal, he decides today’s as good a day as ever. The stillness of the shadows don’t bother him in the slightest, it’s almost a comforting sort of silence, remaining awake for a few more hours where he’d typically be going over guild things before heading home and dealing with that at the very end of his day.

And well? Today he chooses to shift the plans, changing it up as he takes a few more glasses toward the sink behind the bar to wash them out, not realizing Maea has already emerged from her room. The water in the sink is running, and Sunjata takes a quick glance to his ring with a slight grimace, putting the glasses into the sink, before he decides that it’s probably better to take it off if he’s to wash up and clean the bar. The feeling of the ring once rather than multiple from wet hands would only complicate things further.

So he slips it off , setting it in the shelf above the sink where a few bottles sit, swallowing hard against the briefest feeling of burning within him, the flush to his neck. He hadn’t heard Maea approach, and he can’t help the slightly surprised shuddering sigh that leaves him as he grabs a glass to wash it out, glancing over his shoulder toward her with a small shrug. “Did I interrupt your beauty sleep?” He asks, focusing back on the dishes and anything to swallow the feeling down and bury it away.

He washes the glasses out quickly before setting them out to drip dry, turning to face her when he’s regained his composure enough. “I thought we could go over another sort of training. One that does fall under the Advocates in a sense.” He offers, drying his hands on a hand towel, before resting his elbows on the bar and looking at her. Maybe this wasn’t a good idea, but he certainly doesn’t complicate things more by slipping the ring back on. Instead, he waits to see if she’s curious what it might be before he dives into it.
if i let go, would you hold on?
would we fly?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
Blowing at the burning paper so that the fire would not get too big, she held it for as long as she could and eventually dropped it in one of the ashtrays. She looked a bit surly as the remaining embers churned it into ashes, far from her usual even mood and quick smiles.

"Yes, you did," she replied, and folded her arms onto the bar, head slumping down to rest on top of them as if she might consider resuming said sleep right then and there. She had braided the hair back only loosely, and it was mussed from sleep, only roughly combed back from the hair after the (in her opinion) abrupt awakening. A rap on the door and a note pushed through the crack beneath it was not her idea of a pleasant invitation.

"What kind of training is that?" Maea didn't bother to lift her head, and her voice was muffled against the arms. Being up before dawn every day was taking a toll, even if she was used to it... it was just that the workload she placed on herself was far heavier than it had ever been, and she bulled through it on sheer stubbornness.

It probably did not help that she more often than not forgot to eat.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
At her reply, he waits to respond. Biting down on his tongue from what he wants to say, the easy things that would fall from his lips, and chooses to offer a small shrug instead— turning to her once he’s done with the glasses and wiping his hands down. “I guess you’ll have to sleep in, then.” He suggests, tilting his head a brief moment before setting the hand towel down and focusing on the task at hand.

She looks exhausted, though it would only add to her training. So he leans down a bit, letting his gaze wash over her. “What to do if you get caught and restrained.” He offers, standing back up to his full height, peering down at her with some small part of amusement. “You’ll need to know how to get out of it.” A small shrug of tattooed shoulders that peak beneath a sleeveless shirt.

It was necessary, just in case something went awry with her trip to Halo — whether it be Zariah, cultists, or cannibals. A useful bit of information that could mean life or death in the end. So he waits for her response, already having set aside the things for it, to walk to the door of the bar and lock the deadbolt. Didn’t need to complicate things further when it was purely training purposes, did they?
would we fly?
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
"Mmmh..." came a noncommittal groan, that suggested she would be doing no such thing. Blissful rest and calm quiet was for the dead. Unfortunately, Maea had yet to join them in Mort's embrace... So after a deep, mournful sigh she looked up from her nest and squinted at Sunjata, meeting his amused gaze with deepest resentment.

"That couldn't wait until morning?"" she asked plaintively. For a sick man he looked terribly alert and cheerful, especially considering the hour. Whatever fuel he ran on she was deeply envious. It would have been wonderful to be seven feet tall with arms like a treetrunk and all the stamina in the world. Imagine the things she could do then.

"What's so shady about this training that you have to lock us up in here in the middle of the night to even teach it?" It was a good indication of her general state that she hadn't figured it out yet. Really, the man had as good as said it already... her brain simply had not caught up with it yet.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Less people around and awake in the evening.” He replies with a small shrug, meeting her resenting gaze. “Besides, can you blame me if I don’t want to go home just yet?” And that’s where his voice takes on the hint of a tired tone, a brief passing sigh as he departs his side of the bar to lock the door, turning back to her when she questions it.

And well, she obviously hasn’t understood what it could look like.

So he makes his way back to his side of the bar, brow raised toward her with some small amount of amusement returning. “You have to learn how to get out of the restraints by being restrained. Don’t you think it would look bad if someone walked in and saw me tying you up or you tying me up?” He tilts his head, sure that calculating mind is in there. But the look he levels to her is professional, if not a small amount amused that she hasn’t understood it yet, the briefest of a fanged smile crossing his face as he has to say it out loud — just waiting for the response it’s sure to get.
would we fly?
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
What was she supposed to say to that? The question took Maea enough by surprise that she actually straightened up - slowly, gingerly as if her whole body already ached and was none too pleased at the prospect of more work - and raised a brow at him. Could she blame him?  

"Well... technically, yes." It was a dry reply, matter of factly and to the point. Technically Sunjata had no one else to blame for his predicament than himself. He would be perfectly capable of solving it rather quickly if he tried. But that was a conversation they'd already had, and it led nowhere, and Maea was not in the mood to argue again. It was quite pointless. "But since I'm too nice for my own good, I'll pretend I didn't hear you ask me that."

Following his path from the bar, to the door and back, her eyes narrowed as he explained. It took a bit longer than usual for her to capture the full meaning of what he was referring to, but when it did... Maea blushed. A deep, quite painful scarlet swept over her cheeks as she gasped at him, a savage little hiss of outrage and embarrassment... and he smirked at her. Then she noticed his hands. Specifically, the lack of adornment on one of the fingers. He had taken off the ring again,.

That certainly made her wake up, and in one swift move the girl stood up and backed several quick steps away. Eying Sunjata with suspicion, she considered his smirk, the locked door, the fact that she was utterly alone here with him... and did not like what it all added up to.

"I'm going back to bed." Turning sharply on her heel, she started off towards the room she just left. Of all the ridiculous ideas to come up with...
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Thanks. I appreciate that.” He responds somewhat dryly, gaze lingering on her as he approaches back to his side of the bar, explaining the exact but of the training he plans on them doing. But it’s almost like he can see the gears turning in her head, the way her pale colorless gaze flits to him and his hand and the topic at present that causes her cheeks to flare in such a deep scarlet that his smirk fades ever so slightly as she begins to freak out.

Then she tells him she’s going back to bed.

He lifts his hands and splays them before him in a gesture that is entirely innocent as he huffs out a quiet laugh. “Maea, wait.” He begins, stepping back from the bar a bit, away from her as she eyes him warily. “It’s important to know. That’s all. Strictly a lesson.” He levels his steel gaze to her with a dark raised brow. The look conveyed within is businesslike, nothing at all like the sly smoldering gaze of the river nor the dark shadows of the bow training.
would we fly?
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
She had moved no more than two steps away from the bar before he called after her, and she was flustered enough to actually wait when he asked her to. Giving him a long, searching look, she wished she could believe him. But for all that he looked serious and grounded, there was a nagging doubt in her that questioned everything about this situation. Why was the ring gone, why was the door locked if it was just a lesson, why would he have any trouble explainging why they were training anything?

But there, she got stuck. Because... that really was a secret, wasn't it? The reason why she might need this, if she went to Halo. Why he would want her to go, and why it could get dangerous. No one was supposed to know about the Advocates. Taking that also into her calculations, the girl drew a deep breath and sighed, a hand going up to rub her eyes.

"Best for you that you stick to that," she said, between clenched teeth, "because if you try anything..." An empty threat, for the most part. Except she was fully capable of leaving this place and never speak to him again, and for some reason that had indeed seemed like a rather serious ultimatum for this man.

But she stayed, and turned to face him again with hands folded tightly over the chest. Waiting.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
She waits and hesitates and gives him time to answer, to explain why it would be a good idea. And now that he’s broken through the daze of her sleepiness, he can see her draw him up, search him for anything else. He knows what it looks like, but he also knows he can’t put it back on if he does intend on it remaining strictly professional. So he lets her take as much time as she needs, his gaze lingering on her with all the profession within it, arms moving to cross over his chest too.

She gives him an empty threat and he nods his head. “I know.” He rumbles, hoping that she relaxes some. “I just want you as prepared as you can be.” He offers, indifferent, gaze leaving her to the bar that stands between them and the things he’s brought on the off chance that she did indeed agree. He puffs out a quiet sigh, pulling out the items required, sliding them along the table for her to inspect should she wish to.

That’s why it’s not back on. It would complicate the lesson.” His gaze lifts to hers with a dark raised brow, seeing if she recalled the fact that he’d mentioned he knew what the rings did now that his disastrous trip to Halo was over. “So, essentially I just want to help you get out of a sticky situation, using your magic and whatever else you might have at your disposal.” His tone is relatively flat, nothing with jests or teasing, just up front honesty as he looks over her face, waiting for the okay.
would we fly?
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Despite all her attempts to tell herself otherwise, the indifferent way his eyes moved away from her stung. It shouldn't, Maea reminded herself, because they had made a deal and come to an understanding on how things would be, and she shouldn't care whether he looked at her at all. But for all that she tried, the tension was still there. Palpable in the air between them. It had been tense from the very start - not just tonight, but ever since the day by the river where so much had already gone wrong - and it confused her to no end.

Seeing him speak so calmly, however, did help to resolve herself to prove that she could be just as reasonable. So she swallowed down her misgivings and nodded, even if she couldn't see why the ring had anything to do with this - he'd only said Phoebe would know if he took it off, and now he had done so. Again? To Maea the idiotic piece of jewelry only represented the shackel he tied himself with, and the complication of getting involved with a married man.

"Alright," she said, and sighed in a way that had her shoulders slumping a little, the tension draining away. A little. "You win, I'll give it a try."

So saying, she came back and leaned in to inspect the items he had brought, to see what they were.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
She nods as he explains, though he doesn’t think that she understands the meaning behind it. He wonders if its worth bringing up, or if it should be left alone, sitting on that pinnacle of debate until she decides to give in, to try it out. A lesson, most of all. So he lays the items out, granting her a small nod to them, the main one being a few different sizes of rope and twine. After all, they’d had metal back in Korofi that had been used to restrain. Here? Anyone could use anything far easier to break through.

He distinctly recalls restraining a blighted Phoebe using the torn cloth of his shirt when she’d attacked him. He swallows hard against that thought, lifting his gaze to her face as she inspects it. “Unfortunately, I’m a bit more trained in how to restrain so if anyone does get you, it’ll probably be easier to get out of.” He imagines, not trying to come off cocky or arrogant. But he’d learned every bit about it since he was a boy, until he’d turned twenty and defected. Regardless, he gives her a slight knowing look. “Part of the soldier training I was supposed to do.” A small shrug.

He was supposed to become the Arbiter, the judge, the jury, the executioner if it came down to it.

Inhaling as deep as he can, he lets her choose what to start with, stepping away from the bar to grab a glass of water for his throat to sip at while she decides.
would we fly?
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear, Maea inspected the ropes of varying thickness. It was all common material that anyone could get hold of in these parts; she'd handled more than a few of them through her life and remembered how some would make her palms burn if they slipped, where others might cut into the skin instead.

"Is that not a good thing?" she asked, absently. "The more skilled my teacher, the better results I can produce. It is simple logic. Better by far if you are actually capable at what you are trying to pass on." Glancing up, there was a little smile pulling at her mouth. The first one that night, and only a ghost of what it could have been, but... baby steps.

"I suppose the presence of these things mean you really are going to tie me up... aren't you." Teeth worried at the bottom lip, her eyebrows stern as she gazed into Sunjata's eyes. It wasn't a question, really. Maea just wanted to hear him deny it, because she did not enjoy the idea at all.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Depends on who you ask.” He shrugs partially indifferently, taking a drink of the water. At her follow-up, however, he can spy that small smile and he hums a quiet hint of laughter at that. “I’m probably better at it now, to be honest.” He offers, waving a hand partially shifted into claws, perfect for cutting and tearing. But he moves around to the other side of the bar then, toward where she is on her side, before he makes a show of lifting up a pant leg. “Though old habits do die hard after all.” So saying, he pulls a small serrated knife he always kept hidden in his boot out and sets it on the table with an amused look crossing his face.

The question, however, is garnered a nod as she searches his gaze. “I can go first if you want.” He shrugs, it didn’t matter to him either way. He’d end up showing her how one way or another, and perhaps it might make for some good payback at the very least for some of the things he’d done and caused for her – that ice in her stare at the training grounds of the barracks. “See if I can get out of it.” He gives her a challenging look then, as if she should absolutely do her worst and he could prove it to her that he knew what he was talking about.
would we fly?