ain't nothin in this world for free
for Raza
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
Raza's no bullshit brand of life was a balm to the healing wounds of a life left behind. Her criticisms were apt, her compliments genuine (though rare), her instructions clear. She was as likely to throw Remi and his counterpart out on their asses after a night of drinking and cheating at playing cards as she was to pull up a seat and join them. Somehow she'd even won an arm-wrestle or two, and though drunk at the time, Remi thought something fucky had certainly been going on, not that he cared what it was.

Looking hungover and yet not necessarily any worse for it (wind-swept and sea-bathed as he was, Remi tended to always look a bit rough these days), the alchemist shouldered open the door to the bar around 9. Without bothering to look to see if Raza was in yet or not, Remi walked to the back of the shop where, allegedly, he and Ronin had thrown a man through a window the night before. Obviously that seemed like the sort of thing they might do, so Remi was here to make good on his word and fix the broken glass.

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
RAZA
I slept at the Hanged Man last night; the general populace knows not to fuck with the bar cause it’ll eventually come back to bite their asses, but that crack of thunder and energy and portal shit has me a little wary. Wasn’t worth the risk with the broken window. And the cot in the back will do for a night - it ain’t like my ass hasn’t slept in worse places.

It’s hot and heavy back here; dust motes floating in the sunlight from the single square windows (that’s not the broken one - it’s in the main room). I was neck-deep in dreamland, sweating the morning away in as little clothing as I can manage and still maintain some semblance of decency when I’m jolted awake by the sound of the door banging open. I shoot up, blinking furiously, arms and legs akimbo as I scramble for the long knife I left beneath the cot. Hoa is in the back of my mind, tasting the air, projecting the sense of someone familiar, so I manage to keep myself from bursting out of the back room and immediately attacking whoever is out there.

Falling back to the makeshift bed, I throw an arm over my eyes and yell out to the person, “Whoever the fuck you are, get out - we’re closed.”

I need at least a couple more hours of dozing and a good sleepy orgasm before I can begin to deal with people.
one line little quoety goes in this bad boi
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
'Well that's no way to speak to a paying customer." Which is the truth, only neither Remi nor Ronin have ever paid for their drinks. The pair were surprisingly good at flirting their way into having their glasses refilled. Wedding rings meant little in Torchline, and scarred up as they were, the pair were still attractive in their own way. Still, they always went home together.

"Though if you prefer I can fix this window later." He called back into the darkness, a roguish smile evident in his voice. Moving to the window, magic shimmered from his outstretched palm. A mixture of creation and transmutation easily fixed the window that he may or may not have shoved a man through.

"You still haven't told me what you want, by the way." Remi added as he got to his knees to try and sweep up the broken glass on the ground.

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RAZA
Oh. It’s Remi.

I scowl into my arm before shooting back, “All my paying customers are still sleeping last night off.” The functional alcoholics, the good people on hard times, the ones who come to her bar seeking a little respite from the aches of a hard day’s fishing or brick-laying or whatever it is they do. Honest work.

Or not honest work. Doesn’t matter to her, coin is coin. If it’s shiny and worth something, it’s good with me and mine. That includes the shiny bits of magic the foreigner spouts so easily from his hand.

I roll my eyes and heave myself up. “Have at it,” Making noise so he knows I’m up and will soon be out there, I throw on a pair of shorts and straighten my tank top so my tits aren’t hanging out. Not that he would care, but there’s gotta be some separation of state and power here. Slipping on some sandals, I grab a pan and broom and hand it to him as I come out from the back.

“I was thinking a large bag that becomes invisible on command.” To hide things. All kinds of things. Maybe even a person.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Listen, just because I've got a quick metabolism..." The cheekiness of Remi's smile coloured his words as they filtered back towards Raza.

Accepted the dustpan and broom with an easy grin, dimples hidden beneath days worth of unshaven beard, the alchemist begins sweeping up the lingering remnants of last night's fight. "A large bag." He says thoughtfully and inconspicuously, though his raised brow says about as much as his words do. "I assume it should be sturdy enough to hold more than just a month's worth of dirty clothes?"

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
RAZA
I lean against the side of the bar, folding my eyes across my chest and relaxing a bit as the alchemist sweeps. For all their teenage, angry-boi antics, I do feel safe with Remi. Like, he wouldn’t do anything to intentionally hurt me, safe. Mostly because I’m their ticket into doing more than just fiddling around in a wagon and raging against the sun all day. That shit gets old and exhausting after awhile, but men still continue to do it, so y’know, whatever.

“Mmmm,” vibrates an innocent agreement as I squint into the air in front of me and try to imagine what exactly it is I want (all on the fly, too, since I’d actually forgotten his offer). Sketching out dimensions in front of me, I more or less ask for something big enough to hide a crouching, person. No jacked, 6 ft’ers, mind, but a wiry, 5’10 or less person could probably be uncomfortably hidden.Sturdy is good. It doesn’t need to hold a lot of heavy things, but it shouldn’t be easily ripped, either.”
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
It was true. Remi and Ronin might be as feral as the dogs on the beach, but they'd not bite the hand that fed them. Or poured their drinks, as the case might be.

Rising as Raza roughly carved out the sizing she wanted, Remi moved to stand before her. Mirroring her movements a rather unassuming sack appeared in the air before them. It looked made out of canvas, as if it had been appropriated from a ship's sails. The only markings that might set it apart from other sacks, was an unassuming chord of rope at the top with a blue tassel on the end.

"It will only work for you." Remi said with a hint of a smile. 'It also happens to be soundproof. In case your laundry happens to be a bit noisy."

Remi has made

Be-gone Bag (Upgraded) | A large sturdy canvas bag, roughly 6ft tall when closed. At Raza's mental command the bag becomes invisible and completely sound proof.

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
RAZA
Magic is fucking cool, okay? I like watching it happen, even though I don’t want any for myself. It seems to make life complicated and I don’t want complicated. Interesting? Yes. Complicated? Fuck no, and you can take your drama back to where it came from.

This Grounder seems complicated. But he comes bearing shiny things and all Torchers line shiny things. Remi goes above and beyond what I asked for. I shoot him a look that says show off, but it’s accompanied by a half-smile, cause it’s hard to hide that I’m actually quite pleased. Ooooh, Raza, you are moving on up in the world. I’m already stroking the canvas, fondling the ties, and relishing in something that works just for me. With a satisfied click of my tongue, I begin to fold it up as best I can. “Aaaaaalright,” giving him a look from beneath my brows. “You’re finished with clean-up duty.” I make a shooing motion, indicating that he can leave the pan and broom there. The glass is fixed and I’ll run a damp rag over this spot in a couple of hours.

“Get outta here, let me get back to sleep.” It’s teasing, borderline affectionate, but also an order. Seriously. I’ve got hours before we open.
she's got a real quick trigger and some new demands
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"If anyone needs their beauty sleep, it certainly isn't you." Remi grins, the flattery entirely superficial; neither of them would likely be caught dead in bed together, but flattery is as common here as bribery was, and Remi was learning the language easily.

But he takes her hint, collecting his things and making his way towards the door. "Thanks, Raza." He mumbles almost boyishly just before exiting. Thanks for what though, goes unsaid. Giving him a place? Not throwing him out? Allowing him the opportunity to differentiate he and Ronin from the other Outlanders?

Who knew.

With a parting wave, the door closed.

~FIN

Coding base by Sky!