Cold Comfort
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
And hung from the rafters
The stratagem swings
After her time thinking in the mountains, Morgan had made her way downhill, intending to eventually go back to the Citadel, but as usual found herself veering towards the Sea of Glass instead. The shining, half-frozen water had always called to her; there was something about the place that felt heavy with the souls of those that had been there before her. Perhaps it was just her mind playing tricks on her, but she had always felt the ice held spirits whispering beneath.

She stood at the edge of the water, hands outstretched over it, making swirling circle patterns in the icy surface. Slow, meditative movements as she tried to feel the essence of the place, hoping to take that energy with her back into the Citadel, that the spirits residual to the sea might carry her to wiser decisions.
Born from the ashes
Of counterfeit kings
MORGAN
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHIA
Delphia had been frequenting Halo more often than she had imagined she would, given her duties to the Greatwood. But the souls of the lost called to her here. So many had died, their bodys buried under layers of snow and ice, bones scattered by scavengers, forgotten amongst the wind and cold. But she heard their cries, heard them calling out to her. And so she came, collecting them one by one to whisk them away to Mort's realm, where they could finally be at piece.

It was here that she found one such soul, a young man, now guiding her back to where his family's souls were also lost. A wife, a young son, all cast away because of a misunderstanding - or so he said. Ice gave way, he pulled himself free while his family was swept under, only to freeze mere meters away. As Delphia approached the Sea of Glass's edge, bundled up against the cold, she said another figure hands outstretched. For a moment, she forgot about the glowing orb of light in her hand, head tilting curiously at the woman. "Hello there. Whatever are you doing?" she asked, voice and eyes warm with adoration.
the trouble is: you think you have time
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The stratagem swings
Morgan heard the footsteps approaching but did not turn; it was common for people to come by the Sea, as it was hardly as stranded as her usual haunts up in the mountains. Usually they would walk by, maybe look at the water a while, but very few actually spoke to her and none posed a threat.

It was only when Delphia spoke to her that she broke her concentration, the water spirals ebbing away to nothing once more as she glanced across at her. For a moment she considered not answering, the act rather private - she had no patience for skeptics and knew telling someone she was communing with the spirits was opening herself up for potential mockery. It was only when she noticed the glowing orb in Delphia's hand that she considered speaking, curiosity (and recognition of something more than human) catching her mind.

"I am attempting to concentrate and communicate with the spirits in the water." She turned to look back across the ocean for a moment, nodding very slightly to acknowledge those she had been spending time with. Then she stared back at Delphia's hand. "What are you holding?"
Born from the ashes
Of counterfeit kings
MORGAN
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
DELPHIA
Communicate with the spirits of the water? Her smile softened, warming towards the woman, as her pale, haunted gaze mimicked. "How thoughtful of you. So few remember the natural spirits." she said kindly, moving forward to the water's edge, next to the woman. Delphia gazed down into the water's edge, searching in silence, before laughing lightly. "My, they sure are grumpy little things aren't they? I would be too if my top was frozen all the time!" she said laughing in her not-quite-human way, a plume of white steam puffing from her lips.

Her attention turned to the soul in her hand though. "Oh, well this is the soul of a fellow named Arasmus. The poor dear has been lost for quite some time. His wife and son had fallen in here somewhere, so we are looking for them so I might send them to Mort." she explained with such casual tone she may as well have been discussing her grocery list.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
The stratagem swings
That she received a smile instead of a scoff when spirits were mentioned made Morgan feel a little warmer towards this woman, though she still thought she spoke a little strangely. Slow, dream-like, as if she were viewing the world through a trance state. "I consider the spirits of Halo very important to my life. I would not have achieved all I had without them."

As for the 'grumpy' water spirits, she smiled, looking out over the shining ice. "They have their ways. After time, they grow used to people." Personally she had been coming to the edge of the Sea since childhood and knew the souls in it well, felt that they were at least tolerant of her if not fond.

Delphia nonchalantly announced the item in her hand was a soul, which immediately made Morgan's lips part as a million questions came to mind, but she shut her mouth and thought of one good one instead, waiting to hear Delphia out. It was always best to ask precise information and get what you needed, than to be vague and over-curious and reveal too much. "You have the ability to send a soul to Mort? I did not know such a feat could be accomplished."
Born from the ashes
Of counterfeit kings
MORGAN
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
”A rare soul indeed that credits more to the spirits which coexist with our living existence than to the gods who orchestrate the world from afar.” she said with a warm smile at the woman. It was good to hear that there were those who honored the spirits as much as the gods. People did come in contact with them far more often than the gods after all. She wondered briefly if Rae had granted this woman some sort of sensitivity in order to interact with these beings, but cast the thought aside. Such was not Rae’s nature.

She hummed low, setting the soul upon her shoulder like a little bird upon a perch. ”Yes, these spirits are very much aware of your existence. I would perhaps not test their patience over-much though.” she advised. Then, before the woman’s eyes, the demigoddess began to fade, until she was translucent and spirit-like herself. Carefully she reached into the ice and water below. Though she seemed unaffected by the cold, the air around her seemed to drop even further, not much, but a noticeable few degrees. After a few moments of sitting there, she sat back, hands holding two more orbs of light. The one on her shoulder seemed to glow more brightly, pulsing as if in time with a heartbeat. Slowly Delphia became solid once more, hands miraculously dry. ”See, I told you they were waiting for you all along.” she said conspiratorially to the pulsing orb on her shoulder.

Then she gazed up at Morgan, her eyes conveying more wisdom than one her age ought have. ”It is not a feat none other than Ludo can accomplish, but it was the purpose for which my father Mort created me.” she said, affection suffused in her tone.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
The stratagem swings
"I see the effect of the spirits and they talk to me. The Gods have ignored me since birth - it is an easy choice." Morgan stated plainly, never having had much affection for the deities around them when there were so many wonderfully powerful beings right there on the plains, in the rivers.

She gave Delphia a slightly annoyed sideways glance as she was unnecessarily reminded not to test the spirits patience; she had spent many years working with and living among the energies in Halo, had spent her time alone with them and knew them better than she imagined this woman did. She seemed younger, inexperienced perhaps. Morgan wondered if she just had the cockiness of youth about her and assumed she knew all of the secrets of those souls that lived among them.

Though it certainly did seem that Delphia had some ability or special attunement to the spirit world, as she plucked out two more souls from the water, reuniting them with the one she had held. Morgan had no trouble believing or understanding what had happened, but she had not been aware there existed mortals with the ability to do this. At the mention of Mort, though, she couldn't help the wrinkling of her nose as an expression of distaste took her. "Mort can no longer do his own work?"
Born from the ashes
Of counterfeit kings
MORGAN
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
"They ignore you?" she said curiously. Though as soon as the words were out of her mouth she settled on a conclusion. As she stood, whe gazed at Morgan with an adoring look. "You must be an Abandoned then?" she said. No Ascended lived outside the barrier, and this woman clearly had lived here for a very long time - if not her full life. So the only other reason would be if she had magic.

The soul on her shoulder moved down to her hand, joining the other two. They spun and danced, light pulsing vibrantly like heartbeats. She shook her head at Morgan's question, unpreterbed by her seeming dislike of the gods. She clearly had reasons to be bitter. "None of the high gods have done all of their work on their own in a very long time. They have almost always had helpers. First the Heralds and then down the chain of lesser dieties to their own offspring, children like myself who are part their making and part human like you." she explained.

Delphia tilted her head to the sky, freezing for a moment before thrusting her hand towards the heavens. The three souls, still spinning around eachother, shot up like a shooting star, dissapearing into the sky as she sent them to Mort's realm. "My father has millennia of souls to tend to. He maintains the balance with Vi, who each year creates more and more, which is then manipulated and multiplied by Rae." she said, shrugging lightly.

"What guidance were you seeking from the spirits today?'
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
The stratagem swings
"Yes. Though I do not wear it as anything of shame; I too have abandoned them." Morgan declared, standing a little straighter. She did not have enough patience to go running after someone uninterested in her, neither in love or divine matters.

Idly watching the spirits dance over Delphia's arms and shoulders she listened to the explanation about the Gods, an expression on indifference on her face. "Mm." Was all she said in response to the first chunk of information, listening but not really caring. The only way it would come to effect her was if she'd have to fight one of them and if they were all as harmless as this one seemed to be, she wasn't too worried.

Following the spirits up to the sky with her eyes, Morgan looked back down to Delphia once they had disappeared from view. "Surely Vi should not be so wasteful as to create too many souls for Mort to manage, then. If I was one to care for the Gods, I might find myself offended that the God himself had not come to collect my soul, but an underling." Her dissatisfaction with the Gods was clear in the way she spoke, the unhappy tilt to her lips.

"No specific guidance. I was simply asking for their blessing with my work and that they may aid my focus and understanding."
Born from the ashes
Of counterfeit kings
MORGAN
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
Her head tilted as well, still unphased by the clear blasphemous statements she was making. Abandoned the gods? Wasteful? Offended? Though the daughter of a god, she did not hide their faults. The treatment of the Abandoned was one she struggled with herself. "I would not say Vi is wasteful. But there are a great many natural reasons that spirits are not so easily sent to Mort. It is these lost souls that are my primary responsibility." she said with a light shrug. If you'd been lost for centuries, who found you didn't matter so much, just that you were found.

"If I may...is your disdain for the gods because they have named you Abandoned?" she asked, curious, but gentle, tone lacking any judgement. "What are you seeking to understand?"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
The stratagem swings
"And what are the natural reasons?" Morgan asked, thinking that if they were something a God could not overcome but a Demi-God could, it sounded more like an inefficient system than an unavoidable fact of life. Still, she would refrain from judging any further until she heard more of this admittedly rather interesting lore that Delphia was giving her.

She did not however, care for the gentle question asked of her. It spoke of superiority, of the more knowledgeable daring to lower themselves down to the heretic's level to lovingly ask why it was they didn't bow down. Her answer was clipped and short, eyes fixed on the distance. "It is less disdain and more disinterest. They do not come into my life, I do not intrude in theirs. The only disdain I feel is towards those that would insist I need to invite Vi or whomever into my proceedings."

As for what she sought, she didn't answer.
Born from the ashes
Of counterfeit kings
MORGAN
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
"Well in the Greatwood, mostly Cat Sith." she said, the corners of her eyes crinkling as her lips almost smiled. "They like to catch and disorient souls on their way to Mort, and so they can be quite troublesome. Then there are souls who die and do not realize they have died, and so they wander, aimlessly, lost and confused as to their existence. Those take the most convincing. Then there are those like the one's you just saw, those who wait and wait and wait for the souls of their loved one's so they might join Mort in his realm together. After a time, they can be overwhelmed by the natural spirits, lost in the ebb and flow of energy between the realms of Vi and Mort." she said, shrugging a bit. Many reasons.

Morgan quite grudgingly stated her reasons for her...disinterest. And though she was a child of a god, she did not question or hold against the Captain these opinions. She did not outright insult them, merely stating facts that were true. The gods did not involve themselves in the lives of Abandoned, so there was little rational reason why she would invite them into hers. "There is no reason any should insist you bring any into your life, lest you wish for it." Delphia said in agreeance. "That you have found comfort with the spirits of this realm is a great blessing to both you and the spirits, that you not wish for more than that seems reasonable to me." she said, laughing a bit. "Spirits are much more playful and fun anyways, less prone to distraction and ever present."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
The stratagem swings
'Cat Sith' were not a creature Morgan had heard of before and she tried to remember the name, intending to add it to the intelligence on the Greatwood later. Their notes on the other regions were beginning to grow over time and each drop of information was useful in case of any future exploration or conflict. "No other God thinks to snatch the souls away? I've heard the fake Goddess can take souls for her own." She knew little of The Voice, but she had heard enough to know they would not get along any better than her and the other Gods.

Delphia's agreement surprised her. For a child of a God herself, the Demi-God seemed very willing to accept that some would not want a divine presence in their lives. The open-mindedness set Morgan's shoulders a little less tense, made her reconsider the woman stood before her.

"What will happen to your soul? Do you die?" She asked, now letting true curiosity come unguarded to the front of her mind.
Born from the ashes
Of counterfeit kings
MORGAN
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
She hummed low at the mention of another, a goddess who stole souls. Though her relatively neutral expression remained the same, sadness was clear in her haunted gaze. "You speak of the Voice, the one who creates the Ascended." she said with a soft sigh. "She only covets the souls of her Ascended, keeping them far and away from Mort's grasp. But she does not steal them because she wishes to play with them as a Cat Sith does. She does so because she loves and covets them, unknowing of the suffering she is causing them." she said, brows furrowing as her gaze turned out towards the ice covered sea. "I doubt she realizes the extent of my father's love, and worries he would not take them to his realm. But as she is with many things, she is wrong here too." Hate or disown the old gods all one wished, but Mort was ever loving and forgiving.

But her questions pulled Delphia from her reverie, and she glanced at the Captain again. "Unless Mort wishes to grant me immortality, I will indeed die." she said, the corners of her eyes crinkling with a smile. "Then like all things, I will go to rest at his side, and continue my service to him within the afterlife."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3