Training I am not the doctor
For Amalia
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Amun had arranged to meet Amalia in the training grounds attached to the Barracks. Although he knew she was still recovering, he figured they could both do with some exercise. He'd arrived there with her in tow, not taking no for an answer. However, he'd grinned easily at her, much more like his old self than the last time they'd spoken.

The whole while they'd walked, he'd kept his hands in his pockets. When they finally arrived, he took them out, revealing his fully healed hand. "Now, I know you're still healing, kitty, but you gotta keep your body strong. Plus, I need to make sure everything is still working properly." He waggled his fingers at her. "So we are going to figure out something we both can do to work up a sweat." He winked at her.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
i sailed seas of emotion to wander a forest of scars
i am a dance of light and darkness
Sparring. It seems like such a distant, unlikely idea, yet Amalia knows that Amun is right: she has to improve her strength. Though she has recovered enough to stand - briefly - there is a long, long way to go.

So when the Ascended invited her out to train she reluctantly, cautiously agreed. Now she hovers before him in feathers, catching invisible currents of air and circling around him with outstretched wings. She may not be great on her feet right now, but her arms are powerful and her body is swift. Time to see how well he can dodge.

With a sharp cry of warning the girl drops down, aiming directly toward Amun's head.
a galaxy of shadows and stars
Amalia
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Turns out, the answer to Amalia's unspoken question was: not well. Indeed, as the owlalia swooped down, even with the warning he got from her cry (silent hunter his ass), he was entirely unprepared for the speed and ferocity of the attack. So her talons were more than capable of raking across his unprotected head, leaving gashes that oozed fluid.

Crying out (more in annoyance than pain, obviously), he swung a hand wildly through the air at her, trying to dislodge or discourage her momentarily. Whether or not he was successful, he would swiftly try to strip off his shirt. If he did, he'd try to swipe the length of cloth at her, hoping it would capture her or at least make it harder to fly.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Given her lack of control over her hind legs, it is a testament to the sharpness of an owl's talons that she manages to scrape into Amun's skull. With a cry of apology she circles around, feeling very contrite for the accidental injury.

Of course, her conscience is not well suited to being a strong combatant. Though she manages to dodge the flailing hand easily, the shirt is an unexpected twist, catching her unawares. The fabric tangles on her useless talons, causing her balance to become unsettled, her wings flapping in attempt to keep the girl aloft.

Nope- she careens out of the sky, dropping down toward Amun. As she does she shifts again, her body spinning and contorting until she is a leopard instead of an owl. If she's going to fall onto the ground she might as well try to take him with her, trying to land upon him and leave him prone beneath her.
Amalia
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amalia's cry was confusing to Amun, not that he knew it was one of apology. However he was just as surprised as her when the ploy with his shirt worked. For a moment, he stared at her, mouth agape.

And in that moment, she crashed down on him, no longer an owl, but a leopard. Her weight was enough to slam him into the ground. Luckily, he didn't need to breathe, but he was also fairly well and truly trapped underneath her. Although he strained to budge her, he knew his incredibly limited strength was useless.

So instead, he screwed his eyes shut and detonated his flash bang at point blank range.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She lands upon him as expected, forelegs and hind legs straddling either side of Amun, his body pressed beneath her think fur. Again Amalia is taken by surprise, not having anticipated doing so much damage (she never does, somehow). A concerned mrrow? rumbles from her lungs; she lowers her face to inspect her friend anxiously.

That's when the flashbang goes off.

For Amalia's sensitive eyes the light is particularly blinding, sending her reeling off of Amun's prone form. Blinking away motes of light the leopard shakes her head before swiping out with a large, swift paw, claws carefully retracted to avoid too much damage. She wants to seat away the offending hand and place her weight back on his chest, but she's still disoriented, so who knows what she manages.
Amalia
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Thankfully, the flashbang was enough to get Amalia to move away a little. Of course, even with his eyes closed, Amun's own vision was a bit dazed (as was he) but that was less debilitating for an Ascended than it was for the baker.

He rolled out from under her as best he could. She was still slightly on top of him, so it was more of an awkward wiggle than anything else, especially because he couldn't quite see. That was also probably why her paw swatting at him sent him bowling over just when he was trying to rise.

Rolling again, though out of control this time, he crashed into a weapons rack. It fell on top of him with a clatter. Groping, still mostly blind, his hand closed over a practice weapon. Without really taking the time to aim, he chucked it at the direction he thought she was in. It turned out to be a wooden knife and it tumbled through the air without much grace or precision.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Rolling awkwardly off of Amun, it takes her a moment to regain her balance, her weak hind legs struggling to hold her weight. It's this shakiness that keeps her from dodging his thrown weapon, as embarrassing as that will be in retrospect, and the wooden knife hits the leopard squarely in the middle of her forehead before bouncing off with a soft thonk!

Ow.

Blinking, Amalia whuffs a laugh, rubbing her face against her leg. Exhaling a snort she rises up, shifting back to owl form and jumping to the air. Again she lowers herself on him, hoping to subdue him as a leopard: this time she does not drop as far, though, instead attempting to drape herself across his form and keep him pinned to the ground, hands at his sides.
Amalia
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
As Amalia took to the air again, Amun blinked away the last of his confusion. Unfortunately, he'd lost his shirt in the scuffle on the floor, so instead he just groped blindly again for the weapons that had fallen over him. Sitting up, his hand closed around a hilt.

Swinging without looking, he saw it was just a normal wooden sword. However, he'd fully been expecting the baker to stay as an owl. Therefore, when she shifted back into a leopard again, his eyes widened "Oh f-" His voice cut off with a huff of violently expelled air. She managed to pin him entirely, though he wiggled as best he could.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
It might have been a scandalous position were she less innocent (and cat-shaped) and he less Ascended (and gay); as it is Amalia maintains herself proudly over Amun's prone form, purring loudly in her presumed victory as she stares down at the man. She's shifted so only her motionless hind legs drape over him, forelimbs moving to either side of his chest.

Gently the leopard lowers her head, pressing it against his face in a friendly good match gesture before carefully looking over his wounds, apology clear in her black eyes. She has to be careful next time - to learn to debilitate with the mildest possible injury. It is her goal in fighting, after all: protection of others and non-lethal elimination of threats. Never bloodshed. Never death.
Amalia
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
As Amalia headbutted Amun, he went still completely in the way that only Ascended knew how to. Then he chuckled, the sound dark and low. ”Alright, alright you win.” Reaching up, he patted her side affectionately. ”Fair and square, despite my dirty tricks.” There wasn’t even a hint of embarrassment or apology in his voice.

Then he began to wiggle again. "Now would you kindly let go of me you furball?" Then he went still again and smirked, the expression delighted. "You wouldn't believe the places that I'm getting fur." If she did take the time to examine him, she'd seen that any small wounds or cuts would already be clearing up, Ascended healing to the rescue.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Purring loudly, the girl headbutts Amun once again. She is clearly pleased with herself, a little smug, and she presses into the pat on the side playfully, basking in the feeling of success after being bed bound for so long.

With a grumble of protest she moves off Amun - or tries, but it's difficult given her still stationary legs. Instead she shifts, shrinking herself down to otter form to let him pick her up and carry her back to the bakery, where she has promised to reward him with bread and tea for taking the time to help her train.

{fin}
Amalia