tiger teeth
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RexannA
your battle-worn tongue doesn't say the truth anymore
that you are ruined
Honestly, Rex had no idea if this would work. But she had to try. She told Remi she would, and she never broke a promise. It was bright out, the sun shining down in cascading waves of light through the trees that had survived the earthquake that revealed this place to them. She had come with only the shirt and clothes on her back, nothing else to her name but her voice and the hopes of speaking with Frey or someone that could help. She only had to remember how Remi did it.

Sighing to herself, she approached the shrine – the sun shining on it showing how much debris from the trees had left on it. It was almost hidden again. She didn’t have magic like Remi did (that she knew of) and she certainly didn’t have anything with her to help her clean… Except the shirt on her back. Perhaps if she cleaned it up, they might be more willing to answer her call. She moved closer, using her pale hands to push away the leaves and large debris that accumulated on the stones, but the dust remained no matter how much she tried to use her hands to get into the crevices.

Alright then. She looked around the area for a brief moment, before back to the shrine and removing her shirt – only left in her undergarments on top and her low waisted pants she had kept during her descent into this place. Lowering herself to her knees, she bundled her shirt and began to use it as a kind of rag, to clean up the worst of the dirt. When she was satisfied it was clean enough, her body glistened with the slight sheen of sweat – the scars along her sides and the brand along her neck glistened even brighter than before as she sat back on her legs and looked up to the sky.

Hello.” She began a bit wearily, letting her eyes shut while she tried to project her thoughts and voice out to where the gods might answer. She didn’t understand she was Abandoned, she had no idea that it more than likely wouldn’t work. All she had was hope that it might, that she might be able to help a friend. “If there are any gods listening, I wish to speak with you if you’ll let me. Please.” She finally said, her eyes remaining closed for a few seconds while she rung the shirt with her hands in her lap.
AND YOU WONDER WHY HE LETS YOU — THE BUTCHER
TOUCH HIM — THE SUN

coding

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Frey

Beholders beware, there are no safe words

This was surprising. That mortal lady who’d been with the hybrid had come back for more, it seemed. Frey had honestly thought they’d managed to scare away all supplicants for a while. That blonde chick had been the exception, but she’d proven to be an odd case and Frey had managed to send her on her merry way without much trouble. They were still entirely expecting her to fail in her silly little quest, but honestly watching mortals mess up was more enjoyable than viewing their successes sometimes. Either way, Frey won.

This other chick, the brunette, however, had failed to leave much of an impression on the deity. Perhaps that was for the best, as Frey had obviously proven to be a fickle being and one that grew tired of mortal incompetence. However, Rexanna had gotten off to a good start by clearing up the shrine. If nothing else, it showed that the woman was trying to overcome her Abandoned status. She couldn’t not really, but trying was a good sign.

As was the warm wind, scented with incense, that floated into the clearing and swirled around her. Appearing without much fanfare (and without any clothes, as was their wont), Frey manifested by leaning against a tree, holding a peach. Their form was as ever indeterminate, but beauty incarnate, the most lovely being Rexanna could imagine. ”What’s that silly saying of you mortals? Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it?” Voice dripping with sensuality, they arched their back against the bark, allowing the woman to get a very good look at the god’s goods. Simultaneously, they bit into the peach and let out a moan of pleasure, the juices dripping down their chin. As always, Rexanna would feel an inexorable attraction towards the god, though Frey hadn’t yet done anything to really stoke the fires lurking inside the woman. Lowering the peach crossing one arm, the deity leered at the supplicant. She’d taken off her shirt and had cleaned the shrine, which was enough to overcome the taint of her being an Abandoned.

However, as with all of Frey’s petitioners, if she didn’t prove to the being’s liking she’d find that calling upon the gods was fraught with danger. ”So, what is it you wish, lady?” Probably something dumb, if Frey knew mortals. Given that they were an immortal, they’d seen many many (manyyyy) generations and so at this point could predict what the wishes would be. It helped that they could read all the poor mortals like open books. Most of their stories didn’t contain nearly enough erotica for Frey’s tastes, more's the pity.

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
RexannA
that you are ruined
At first she was certain nothing would happen. After her prayer, she waited a few seconds before wringing her shirt with her hands, a slight nervous twitch as she glanced around the area. Would she even get Frey? Would she get one of those other gods Remi had said were out there? Her heart thundered in her chest at what she’d done, suddenly nervous that Remi would somehow pay the cost yet again for her stupidity. Perhaps she should just leave? But if someone did come and find that the person who called had left, certainly that would be a giant offense too. So she waited, her heart in her throat as sweat continued to sheen her skin. Yet she stood, just in case.

It didn’t take long before that familiar invigorating scent wafted toward her, and like with last time there was no fanfare, no sudden flashy appearance, just a voice from a tree beside her that still carved something deep within her at the beauty of it. Her sapphire gaze shifted from the shrine, now clean, to Frey. Her heart pounding harder, the vein along her neck above her brand pulsating with a fast rhythm. She watched as they so nonchalantly bit into the peach, back arching against the bark of the tree and with the beauty and sexual attraction to the deity in this form, her mouth went a bit dry. Yet she nodded her dark haired head as if acknowledging the warning for what it was. But then Frey asked what she wanted, and Rex had to take a second to focus her muddled and cloudy thoughts, tearing her eyes away from Frey to the ground and bowing to them in greeting. She didn’t know how to greet a god, but she hoped this was a good start.

Sucking in a breath, she let her gaze slip from the debris ridden earth to look upon Frey again. “I wish to ask a few questions. I’m still quite new here and getting used to how it works. I’m not even sure what this place is called.” A half laugh escaped her but she refocused on the task at hand. “I know in all the books I’ve read that mortals can be foolish and idiots — gods know I’ve done that many a time. But our last encounter, it really was my fault. I thought perhaps that if that man and I had indulged you I might be able to get more answers and I apologize for the actions.” Her eyes lowering to the ground yet again as she tried to figure out how to say what she can’t to say.

We hadn’t meant to offend; you are the only god I’ve ever spoken too and I didn’t know what to do exactly. But the entire idea of it was my fault and he paid for it. I promised to help him somehow, to help him figure out what he could do to bring proof to you so he could get his love returned.” She paused, chewing on her bottom lip as her head lifted to look at Frey again, a kind of strong determination glimmering in the sapphire pools as she did her best to try and not get swept up in their beauty. “Would you be willing to help me help him? The entirety of it was really my fault, he only wanted to confirm it with you first. What can I do to fix this? Please.” Her voice shook slightly, her hands wringing her shirt again as if she could see herself being smited on the spot for asking such a ridiculous thing.

But fuck it, she had to at least try.
TOUCH HIM — THE SUN

coding

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Frey

Maybe one day these mortals would learn two important things. First, don’t waste the gods’ time. Second, don’t prattle to a being who couldn’t care less about their personal problems. Frey might be single-minded to some, but they knew what they liked and saw very little reason to pretend they were anything other than what they were. Some of their fellow divine beings liked to play games with mortal’s lives, but honestly Frey mostly cared about their sex and love lives and little else. That should already have been more than apparent to the woman.

And yet, here she was, whining about how unfair it was that Remi had paid the price for her decision. Well, tough. The gods didn’t see morality in anything close to the same way as these mortals did. Indeed, while Frey might objectively be able to understand morals and ethics and all that silly philosophy nonsense, they didn’t necessarily believe in them or buy into the system at all. It was a bunch of silliness that the mortals bought into to try and give their life some meaning where very little existed.

Sighing, clearly bored and annoyed, Frey gave Rexanna a smoldering glare. These mortals really needed to stop asking questions. At the very least they could start asking better ones. It still wouldn't be ideal, but it was better than nothing. ”If you like books so much maybe you should go seek your answers there.” Far better that than risk arousing Frey’s wrath again, which she was getting dangerously close to. Then again, it didn’t take much to anger a god who’d seen pretty much everything under the sun and didn’t care about the mortal’s petty concerns. ”I am not inclined to grant requests to whiney and ignorant supplicants who shower me with cheap and meaningless prattle without even bothering to think through what they’re doing or even try to find out what they can about me in advance. It is not my fault that you’re stupid and reckless.” This woman wasn’t nearly as smart or as prepared as she thought she might be, as evidenced by just how much she was talking without offering anything of substance.

Taking another bite of the peach, Frey pushed themselves off the tree trunk and walked around the woman. As they did, they inspected Rexanna, seeing every flaw, every imperfection, inside and out. With just a small twist of their power, they brought it all to the forefront of the woman’s mind, to make her realize just how foolish her actions were, to make her see that an insignificant creature such as she could not dare to make amends with or demands of Frey. ”I care little for your regrets. And your intentions matter even less to me.” Determined Rexanna might be, but Frey was ignoring all that, their voice coming out in a surprisingly languid and bored tone. Just cause a mortal wanted something didn’t mean the gods would be inclined to grant it. In fact, they often wouldn't be. That was especially true in this case, when the request was on behalf of someone else. ”I find it curious that this man you profess to care so much for and for whom this is apparently such a burden isn’t here himself. Clearly this love of his didn’t mean that much after all, if he sends such an inferior representative.” Frey was now being deliberately cruel and mocking. These mortals understood oh so little, especially about love and passion and desire. But it wasn’t necessarily Frey’s place to teach them.

Completing the circle, they came to stand before her, and stared at her with impassive eyes. ”I don’t know. What can you do to fix this?” No offer of help would be forthcoming. If Rexanna truly wanted to right what she saw as some sort of wrong, she’d have to do better than this. So far, Frey wasn’t impressed by the so-called diplomat’s skills at negotiation. One party clearly had all the power here, so concession should be offered.

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RexannA
that you are ruined
Of course Frey wouldn’t care for her babbling – it was her nerves, trying to want them to understand her when in reality why would they care to? She hadn’t brought anything. She’d only cleaned the shrine. She didn’t know what she could bring to give her favor with the deity. Rex had only tried, to see what could and would happen, and now that Frey had come she was already annoying them. She sucked in a breath, continuing to try and calm her heartbeat as Frey sighed annoyed and bored, glaring at her with such a devastatingly beautiful face that caused her heart to constrict. She lowered her head in a nod, averting her gaze like an obedient child.

Frey began to speak again, and Rexanna closed her eyes. How could she deny it? She didn’t know anything about Frey, and the assumptions she had made previously about them had caused terrible things to happen. She chided herself quietly, but she nodded in agreement. She was stupid. She was reckless. And she thought by now perhaps she would have learned, but this world was so different from her last that she still didn’t understand it all. She wanted to help, to help Frey, to help Remi, to help everyone and instead it only seemed to make things worse.

All she needed was direction, a small helping hand, instead of one wrought with such destruction that followed her path. Sure, to Frey it was nothing at all, but to her it meant a great deal. And perhaps that was her fault, in thinking she could help others when she could barely help herself. Yet her eyes lifted toward Frey as they moved from the tree, to her and walked around her. Her head lowered yet again in an effort to not offend as all those terrible thoughts raced back to the forefront of her mind. She had a dark heart, a survivor’s heart, when she had let so many die without good reason. Her mother had died, her father killed, her own child hadn’t even survived – she had scars and brands to prove it, the sweat of her hands feeling eerily close to blood.

Her heart raced further as Frey continued to move around her and speak, their steps slow as Rexanna could only see everything horrible she’d ever done. She wanted to tell Frey that Remi didn’t know, that she had come on her own accord. That she had come to right the wrongs – but Frey had known of Remi’s love for another without Remi even uttering a word. So, she kept her lips sealed, wondering how much would come crashing down onto her if she were to open her mouth again. He didn’t know. She didn’t know Remi well enough to know what his response would be to this encounter. It was for the better. Perhaps it was for the better if he never even saw her again. Let her be the homewrecker, the heartbreaker, destroyer, siren.

She had only known him for a few short moments before the encounter with Frey, were they even friends? But that was a fault of hers as well – she cared too much, too deeply, and she felt it as well. She felt the cries of her people as her husband marched in his army and killed them all – she felt the life of her home drained as they destroyed it brick by brick. She felt the death that trailed after her, and it was such a terrible weight. She had done her best to push them away, to try and forget; to lose herself with Alistair, a man whom she’d only just met as well. It did nothing good now that it came roaring back, like a wave crashing over the shore of her memories.

Suddenly, as Rexanna focused further, Frey came to a stop before her. Her eyes lifting to look at them from below her lashes, a face so devastatingly beautiful that she felt foolish being even in their presence. Let alone having their attention. They questioned her, and she wasn’t even sure how to respond. How could she appease them, to help Remi, to let her fix the wrongs she’d already caused here and to move on and find her way in the shadow of the darkness – of how she should be spending her life.

Rex wanted to tell Frey that she could do anything to fix it; but even she knew that was a lie. She wasn’t capable – she couldn’t even talk to a god without sweating and her heart jumping into her throat. She was useless in this regard, unless she offered herself, in whichever way that might be. Let Frey take her love for others, and hopefully amend it with Remi. Yet the more she thought about it, the more her mind seemed to think it was a laughable idea – especially to a god she had already begun to upset. She sucked in another breath, her sapphire eyes dark and heavy with all her failures and flaws at the forefront of her mind. “What would you have me do?” She began, hands wringing the shirt yet again. “I’m willing to do whatever it takes. I admit that I have nothing good to offer you. You could take my love or any I have in the future to replace his, if that is an option. You could take anything of mine and I will pay that price for it. Tell me your wishes, and it will be done.” She finally said, voice shaking as she focused on Frey, swallowing against the lump in her throat. It had always been a fault of hers, giving away everything of hers for others happiness, regardless of whether or not she knew them well. Remi was a good person, it seemed as much in the short time she had known him.

The world needed more good people. It needed less of people like her that brought destruction wherever she went.
TOUCH HIM — THE SUN

coding

Change author:
Frey

Ugh. Another one. This was getting tiresome quickly. When the group had first appeared at the shrine Frey had held out high hopes that this lot of mortals might prove entertaining. All they’d proven was their willingness and capability for getting themselves in trouble with forces they’d be better off not messing with. Despite all the warnings Frey had given them (and honestly, by not just straight up cursing them on a repeated basis for all this disrespect they were being more than generous) they seemed incapable of comprehending that the gods had little need of mortals. So the sooner the mortals proved interesting and showed proper deference, the sooner Frey would start being what they considered nice.

Sadly, Rexanna was failing to show any sign that she might be worthy of Frey’s continuing attention. More’s the pity, since the more Frey interacted with these fools the more convinced the god became that they were completely and totally screwed when it came to matters divine. While they couldn’t speak for their whole divine family, they didn’t think their peers held much regard for the mortals either. Sighing, they took another bite and then tossed the peach in the air, where it promptly disappeared. Sashaying up to the woman who’d called them here, Frey smirked at her, a dangerous light flickering in their eyes. If the mortals wouldn’t be good sports, Frey would just continue to make their own amusement. ”No offense, but your love is laaaaaaame. And so it’s hardly a worthy trade for the sweetness of what Remi felt for that other man, my dear.” Their words practically dripped with condescension. The very idea that Rexanna could trade her love, current or future, for Remi’s, was laughable. Besides, the hybrid had been told he could get his love back provided he pleased Frey, which was clear enough even if the mortals seemed baffled by the idea. So far, the chances of that seemed slim given how the mortals had acted in their presence. Still, it was Remi’s burden to bear.

Leering at her now, Frey gave her a once over that was anything but sexual. Indeed, their gaze fell upon her now in a way that lingered on all the parts of herself she disliked, despised even. ”Oh I’ll take something from you, never fear. Indeed, I'll have to extract a proper price for being summoned here and then once again having my time wasted. But it’s not going to replace what I took from Remi.” Tone now menacing, though the words were matter-of-fact, the god’s beauty took on a slightly terrifying aspect. If Frey had to keep punishing mortals for that peculiar folly of theirs, the mortals would find that, in some surprising ways, the deity could be incredibly patient. In an instant, however, the being's whole demeanor changed as Frey sighed and gave the woman their best pout. "Still, I suppose I owe you something for cleaning the shrine, although really it's basically for free. So be thankful. Granted, it’ll have to be advice, but I think it’ll do you a world of good.” This time they spoke in a falsely sweet voice that was clearly faked. However, they truly did mean what they were about to say.

”No one likes a self-righteous, self-sacrificing, goody-two shoes with a martyr complex probably bigger than her daddy issues, least of all me. And no one is going to care if you kill yourself for them. In fact, they’re just going to keep taking advantage of your good nature and walking all over you unless you learn to stand up for yourself and fight for what you want, not what you think others want.” Actually, Frey was increasingly convinced that Rexanna wasn’t so much actually doing this for Remi as she was doing it to punish herself for what she saw as some terrible mistake of hers. That was not only misguided and self-destructive, it was also just sad. Self-flagellation wasn't a good look for anyone, no matter what some people might say. ”Did Remi even ask you to come here, hm? To offer yourself to me? Can you honestly say that this is what he wants and even if it was this was how he would’ve wanted it?” They knew the answer, but they wanted her to admit how pathetic her actions today had really been. "You really think this is how your friend would have wanted this to go down?" They laced the word friend with all the sarcasm they could manage (which was a godly amount), since Rexanna and Remi hardly seemed to be bosom companions.

Still, the advice was forthcoming. Rexanna probably wouldn't see it for the gift it was, but that was hardly Frey's problem. ”Anyway, if you want to save yourself a lot of trouble that will amount to nothing in the grand scheme of things,” because really, good and evil were relative and Rexanna seemed to think she had some moral high ground that really didn’t exist, ”stop putting others before yourself. You’ll just end up getting hurt for no good reason. Much better to figure out your own wants, needs, and desires, take care of those, have some fun along the way, and use what’s left over for others if that really brings you joy." That was just practical. "It's not only more enjoyable for you to engage in some desirable activities and good old fashioned fun, it'll probably honestly make your pointless crusade easier.” Literally nothing but her own silliness was preventing her from taking care of herself, and that repulsed the deity. A right good fuck or two would sort most people out, the being had found. Most people just got hung up on their customs and morals and it prevented them from making the obviously correct choice in this domain.

Leaning forward, Frey stared deeply into the woman’s eyes. Their own were a bewildering kaleidoscope that enchanted and charmed, forcing whoever gazed upon them under Frey’s spell. Rexanna would find herself unable to look away, transfixed by the vision of them. ”Can you really, truly, honestly tell yourself that all your sacrifices were worth it, that they brought you happiness in the end?” If not, they weren’t worthy sacrifices.

The price had yet to be extracted, because Frey wanted to see how Rexanna would respond to their latest provocation. Maybe she could be enjoyable to play with after all, even if Frey was doing all the work here.

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RexannA
that you are ruined
Despite the little amount of talk Rexanna had actually done, the thoughts and ideas at the forefront of her mind were laid out, a book for Frey to read at their whim. They began to speak, to talk of her ‘lame’ love as they had put it – to which she had to agree. She didn’t really have love. She had managed somehow to fall in love with her husband, but through necessity and not by her true will, and the events with Alistair were so new and fresh that it could hardly be considered anything huge just yet. All the times she had spent in the last few years before arriving here had literally been to ensure her survival – and here she was flaunting it away as easily as the stroke of a pen.

Frey looked at her then, their eyes roving over her in a way that made her feel even more inferior than before, her stomach dropping further at the idea of paying a price – though it was due for her having even summoned them here – and with it no solace for Remi at all. And as she looked at Frey now, through the beauty and the dazzle of their appearance, it became frightening. Sucking in a breath quietly, she offered a small nod, trying to avert her gaze to not offend further. Suddenly, Frey sighed, and Rexanna exhaled the breath she hadn’t realized she’d held onto. Her lungs began to hurt slightly, but she listened – focused intently on the deity before her with everything she had.

They began to speak true – that nobody would care if she tore herself apart for them. She understood, had understood that people would use her and abuse her nature despite everything she’d done for them. Perhaps it was deserved, perhaps it wasn’t. If Frey had felt generous enough to tell her the path she set herself on, perhaps they were doing her a favor in giving her an option to change it. To focus on her, to fix herself before she was too used and broken beyond repair. But she had wanted to punish herself somehow, for being foolish and continuing to be the wrecking ball that was her life.

Then they asked if Remi asked her to come to them, and she inhaled deeply, lungs aching as she shook her head no. “He has no idea. I haven’t even talked to him since.” She offered quietly, pushing through her shaking voice to realize that had she talked to Remi, the man would have probably urged her not to pursue it. She had promised, however, to help in any way and the only way she could think of was at the source. “No. I don’t.” She admitted, sheepishly though understanding glinted at the forefront of her mind. And now she knew that perhaps helping everyone in the world to try and fix her wrongs was a terrible thing to do. She took the advice willingly, thankfully, taking it into her heart and securing it there.

Frey continued to give advice, however, and Rexanna listened with everything she had. She nodded to them, eyes still focused down in fear of upsetting them further. But she knew what they said was true. She thought about the terrible feeling in her gut at what happened with Remi – then not long after her elation and enjoyment of being with Alistair, of the ‘good old fashioned fun’ they had more than once. Still, she nodded again, remembering how despite her dread in her gut at all the things she had done, that Alistair had helped her forget – had put her mind in the clouds, far from any destruction and blood, and how she felt free for the first time in a long time.

Her head lifted toward Frey as they peered into her eyes – their eyes a beautiful enchanting mix of hues that captivated her, unable to look away or even properly think it seemed. They asked her a question, and her response was fast. “No.” She began, staring deep into Frey’s eyes. “None of them have.” She added, her eyes and body captured by Frey, deep down angry at how everything she had done had been for nothing. How everything that had happened to her was a struggle and nothing good had come from it. And how stupid she had been for continuing to do it, over and over again for some kind of reward, some kind of reaction from someone to tell her it was right, that she was willing to destroy herself for others she’d hardly known.

So she looked into Frey’s eyes, with a new resounding determination building in her chest alongside the truth that they had spoken to her. She held onto it with a tight grip, eyes focusing on the multitude of colors as she inhaled deeply yet again, “I was not meant to be a sacrificial lamb. I am a lover and a fighter. I am strong, and I will fight to remain that way until my last breath.” She breathed, deep down solidifying the sentiment. The things in her past, they had shaped her and defined her, but she needed to own them rather than use them as a noose growing tighter around her neck. The scars on her body, the brand on her collarbone, they were all because she had fought for her survival. Despite what Frey decided to take for payment in her foolishness, at least she’d learned an extremely valuable lesson. To care less about others, to enjoy and indulge in what she wanted and to hell with the consequences. To take without caring of the results. This was to be her rebirth, and she clung to it with all that she had as she awaited her punishment.
TOUCH HIM — THE SUN

coding

Change author:
Frey

Yeah, Rexanna's fling with Alistair was cute (especially because it meant that the overly anguished and bloated and frankly kind of bland love story between the man and his ex-wife Ashetta was finally over), but in the grand scheme of sexual and enjoyable encounters Frey had seen way better. And done better, since they were more than willing to hop into bed (literally and metaphorically) if they felt their followers were deserving of their literally mind blowing sexual prowess (in the sense that it sometimes left people briefly catatonic afterwards, but SO worth it). Still, it was a start, and the very fact that she was willing to consider that a highlight of her life meant she might finally be ready to turn over a new leaf.

Or maybe not, if her guilt complex disguised as selflessness kept getting in the way. Propping their hands on their hips, Frey gave her an affronted look. ”I see. So dare I ask what makes you so special that you think you automatically know what’s best for everyone else without even consulting them?” Honestly, these mortals. It was a marvel they’d even survived as long as they had. Still, Rexanna was making progress, so they weren’t going to harp on this point for too long. Besides, all this talking and lecturing wasn’t their style. Just because they were the god of something didn’t mean they liked preaching about it. That’s why they were supposed to have disciples to begin with, so the deity could get on with the important business of spreading a little love and lust around.

Their terrifying aura faded somewhat the more the woman realized just how misguided she’d been. Frey wasn’t sympathetic to her plight (they weren’t exactly capable of that), but they were able to understand that no one had shown Rexanna there was another, better way. Granted, she was perfectly able to come to that revelation on her own, and she shouldn’t have needed literal divine intervention to do so, but these mortals were particularly dense. ”No they haven’t. And why is your joy any less valuable than anyone else’s?” So far as Frey could tell, Rexanna had been beating herself up for a long time and for no good reason. That would hopefully end today, but if it didn’t it wasn’t really the being’s problem. They were beyond such petty concerns.

Still, perhaps there was hope for Rexanna after all. As she spoke of being a lover (jury was still out on that, and Frey was a particularly harsh judge) and a fighter, they smiled wickedly at her, the beauty suffusing them becoming pleasant to behold once more. It had been like bludgeoning her over the head (which was not at all how Frey preferred to operate), but she finally seemed to grasp what Frey was trying to tell her. And the best part of all was that it wouldn’t only help her, it would help those around her. In addition, if she still wanted to be a helpful person or whatever, she needed to start with herself, because right now she wasn’t doing anyone any favors.

Unfortunately, chances were she’d just lapse into old and self-destructive behaviors once she left Frey’s presence. Still, she’d reached some degree of enlightenment, which meant they were going to ease up on the price they’d planned to extract. Indeed, now it was more a mixed blessing than a curse, which they’d originally intended to inflict upon her. She might even come to like and appreciate it. ”I still think you should learn to think before you speak. So I’m going to help you with that.” In their own special way, of course. Frey did have some rules and standards they had to follow. Leaning forward, they kissed her chastely on the lips (unless she wanted more, in which case Frey was totally down for it), their mouth tasting sweeter than anything she’d had before. When they broke off the contact, Frey winked at her, delighted at the idea they’d had in the end.

Rexanna would find that she was now incapable of saying anything that wasn’t flirtatious or dirty. At first, Frey was going to just take her voice entirely, but this was better, and might lead to her loosening up a bit, since she was way too uptight at the moment. ”You can have your full voice back if you do something I find particularly delightful.” Tilting their head, they smirked at her. ”Same offer I gave your so-called friend Remi.” Leaning forward again, this time they dropped their voice to a sensuous purr of a whisper in her ear. ”Maybe even together, hm?” They were both young and hot, and needed a good fuck.

Stepping back, they laughed, the sound pure delight. ”It might be difficult given his proclivities, but hey, a threesome with two dudes worshipping you might not be the worst thing in the world, am I right?” They winked at her again and blew her a kiss for good measure, which actually sparkled in the air and came to settle on her collarbone. She’d feel a tingling sensation there, a pleasantly warm one, since Frey had one last gift for her. Then they’d disappear in a whirl of pheromones, incense, and heat, leaving her momentarily bewildered, but when she came to she would find that the brand marking her as someone else’s property was completely gone, without even a trace.

No one owned her but herself, and she should continue to chase that newfound freedom of hers.

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RexannA
that you are ruined
Their hands on their hips, Frey looked to her and asked her a question she had begun to ask herself constantly. No, she didn’t know any better. She only thought she was helping – but all those efforts of helping only resulted in more pain and destruction, her own tearing at the seams over and over again, and yet she was foolish enough to continue trying. “I don’t.” She thought to herself, solidifying the statement, yet Frey continued to shift their appearance – the terrifying aspect growing less and less the more Rexanna began to realize her faults. How she didn’t know better, how she was nothing more than a person that deserved to give herself the high ground rather than worrying of others.

But it was such a valuable lesson, and whether Frey believed she’d stick to it, she made it the most important thing for her to do. The best way to save yourself was to put yourself first, and all the time she had spent trying to save herself was sabotaging in the long run. How didn’t she realize it sooner? Frey poised another question to her and she shook her head to them. It wasn’t more valuable. She had thought it was, for her own happiness was eclipsed by the terrible things she had done for others; it was a continually spinning circle, starting with destruction, attempts to right wrongs, resulting in more destruction. Over and over again the circle spanned, and she had been too caught up in it to know how to change it.

Then they spoke of helping her, to learn to think before speaking, to offer a gift in their own unique way. Her eyes found their kaleidoscope eyes captivating still, as they leaned forward and kissed her; but the sudden beauty and her appreciation for the other gift Frey had given her, had Rexanna craving more and so she caved – returning the kiss with a sudden spark of urgent need. They moved back then, winking to her as Rexanna remained breathless, tongue brushing against her bottom lip and offering a quiet smile before Frey explained the price of her calling them here.

She hadn’t yet tried to speak, so she didn’t understand the implications just yet. They continued to speak, however, of the same offer to Remi and together, and a blush creeped onto her cheeks at the purr in their voice. They moved back then, delighted, and Rexanna found the sound vibrating in her bones. She wanted to respond to Frey, but the words wouldn’t quite come out right – and so she remained silent as they winked to her, blowing her a kiss that sparkled in the wind before vanishing so suddenly.

Rexanna exhaled a long breath, her legs wobbling and shaking with the sudden stillness and normality of the world around her. She lifted her hand to her neck, and where the brand should have been, there was nothing but smooth skin awaiting her touch. Despite her first encounter with the god, this one had been eye opening, and she found a new purpose within it. No one owned her any longer – she was to be her own person. Shaking her head slightly, the brunette locks dancing around her shoulder blades, she moved to replace the shirt over her back and began her leave. She needed to find Remi and tell him what had happened.
TOUCH HIM — THE SUN

coding