rotting like a wreck on the ocean floor
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
Loren hadn't had a great deal of success learning about Torchline to date. So he'd decided to go back to old tricks, which meant heading for the places people were most likely to talk: namely, The Hanged Man. He'd been there before, and they were bemused but used to his rather odd trades for alcohol.

This time, it was enough medicine for drinks for the night. Happily handing over the bag, he pounded back two shots that the bartender slid over to him wordlessly. He was still painfully skinny, but he didn't care that it immediately went to his head.

Taking a third drink, this one of beer rather than hard liquor, he retreated to a corner to watch and listen. Nursing his mug, he kept a wary eye on the clientele, who kept a wary eye back. Dressed as he was, in Torchline appropriate attire (shorts, shirt, sandals, knife at his hip) he was less noticeable than his first visit, especially because he'd lost a bit of the blank expression, having trading it in for a sad one.

Already, he could feel the buzz, and he took increasingly large sips of his drink as he let the atmosphere of the bar wash over him. It was nice, with low lighting and a soft breeze. In fact, he found himself relaxing a bit into a pleasant warmth, though it just caused his eyes to grow more haunted as his mask slipped.

Sunjata
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
Torchline. Yet again. He can’t seem to stay away from the place since he’d arrived here – traveling back to the Grounds had been like a dark cloud crossing the sun among the sunshine. And he always seemed to find himself looking toward the Spire as though he were simply waiting for the day he might not need to come back. So to Torchline, yet again, he goes.

The Hanged Man had been a relative staple each time he’d been here, and with it he’d compared it to his own bar back in the Grounds. Whether it was subconscious or not, Sunjata doesn’t particularly care. He finds himself here, trading something for a drink, before he grabs his glass and scans all of the patrons out of sheer interest.

He too is dressed in Torchline appropriate attire – a sleeveless shirt and shorts, built and born for this weather, pleased to indulge within it a fair amount. He can breathe easier now and found that swimming hadn’t made him sick or return to the coughing fits he’d grown so used to over time. And with it? He felt the best he had in a long time. Even if along his neck and wrists there were a series of bite marks and certainly no ring on his finger.

Which means spotting the person he does, is awkward. But he hadn’t seen the summoner in quite some time, and with everything that’s happened to the Launceleyn, he can’t not go over to his friend and see how he is. So he takes his drink, sets it on the bar top beside the summoner, before settling in one of the seats with his back to the bar, pulls out a cigarette and lights it before letting his steel gaze slip over toward the man. “Hey Loren.” He offers in greeting.
i no longer know if i wish to drown myself
in love, vodka, or the sea
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
As Sunjata, of all people came to sit next to Loren, he regarded the bartender without an almost blank stare. Lifting his mug, the healer took a long drink from it before setting it down. Even then he didn't respond, just continued regarding the other man cooly and distantly. The Launceleyn took in the bite marks and the lack of ring without comment.

"You're blocking my view." The words came out without much inflection. With that, he took another sip. Then he turned so that he was facing away from Sunjata. Loren's eyes gazed out at the bar itself, clearly disinterested in both the bartender's presence and anything he might have to say.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
He doesn’t shy away from any of the looks that Loren may give him — remaining still with his drink, glancing out among the crowd as he focuses on the unfamiliar faces, how those of the Grounds had sort of become familiar. People here, he figures, care a whole lot less. And it’s not surprising to him when he considers where they’re from. So instead, his head tilts back toward Loren at the comment, offering a small smirk back and another drag of the cigarette.

If you want a good view, shouldn’t be scouting for one in here.” He replies easily, reaching for his glass to take a sip before turning his full attention onto the summoner. “I wanted to check in on you, with everything.” His voice hits a bit lower here, steel eyes scanning the face of the Launceleyn beside him.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Change author:
As Sunjata completely failed to take the hint, Loren's eyes narrowed almost imperceptibly. ”Never said I was looking for a good view. Just that you weren't what I wanted to see.” As the bartender took a drag, the healer leaned away, not particularly wanting to get caught in the secondhand smoke

He also wasn't particularly intrigued in the fact that the other man had been looking for the Launceleyn. Nor did he really beleive that. ”Did you now. Because you looked quite surprised to see me in here.” He tapped a finger against the side of his mug before taking another sip.

”Alright then. Let's 'check in.' What, pray tell, is everything?” His voice had changed from disinterested to something that had a bit of an edge to it.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
I’m hurt.” He jests to the Launceleyn, before shaking his head and looking away from the man. It doesn’t matter what kind of view Loren was looking for, in the end, Sunjata’s pretty sure the man won’t ever end up finding it if he keeps his face as icy as he does now. The next comment though has him shrugging lightly. “I expected to see you in Halo, not here. After the Notice Board post.” He takes another deep sip of the drink before turning his gaze toward Loren.

What’s checking in? Well, everything. Last time they’d spoken had been… Forever ago. “Everything with you. I heard about what happened in the Greatwood, and after your reaction after the wedding with everything…” He puffs out a sigh, looking out over the variety of people within this bar. “I guess I wanted to see if there were anymore bookshelves that needed punching.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren took another swig of his beer. ”You’re hurt. Too bad for you I don’t care.” Setting the mug down with a bit more force than was necessary, he gave Sunjata an unamused look. "What's it matter to you if I'm in Halo or Torchline?" The alcohol was loosening the healer's hold on his emotions, hence the challenging cast to his voice and eyes.

As the bartender elaborated on what he'd meant by everything, the Launceleyn's fingers tightened on the handle of his mug until they were white-knuckled. "Did you now? And yet you're just now stumbling upon me. By accident." Taking another drink, he spun until his back was to the bar as well.

"Can't have been looking that hard, considering I've been pretty visible in Halo. So if you were actually concerned about me, you could've found me." Eyes tightening as something ugly lurked in them, his voice gained a slightly mocking edge. "Then again, maybe you were busy dealing with more girl problems." He jerked his chin at the other man's ringless hand.

Shrugging, Loren took another long drink. He was surprised to find his mug already empty. "Nope. No bookshelves." Then he peered at Sunjata. "Maybe your face, if you keep this up." Turning back to the bar, the healer tapped the wood. Another mug was swiftly placed before him.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
There’s a challenge in the summoner’s stare, and Sunjata can’t help but to see it plainly as the words keep falling from the other man’s lips. He spots the white knuckling of the drink, a muscle feathering in the attuned’s jaw. “Yep. By accident.” He tilts his head a small amount, at least until the Launceleyn continues on about how he hadn’t been looking too hard. And really? He hadn’t, he’d been caught up in the storm of his own making, his own destruction.

I don’t make it to Halo often. The last time I was there was with Phoebe.” He explains, before flexing his ringless hand before him, as though he’s inspecting them. “As for that, no she wasn’t a fan of the Ascended blood test.” A raised brow is sent toward the man, as he lifts his glass to finish it and ask for another, swinging halfway around.

A chuckle does arise out of him about the comment of his face. “Is that so?” He peers back at Loren. “Keep what up, exactly? Asking about a friend?” His brow raises as he takes a sip from the new mug.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren couldn’t help but roll his eyes at Sunjata’s excuse. ”Yes, yes, we all know about your fear of visiting Halo.” As the bartender went on to explain something or other about his failed marriage, the healer snorted. "Wait. You mean the relationship we all predicted would end in disaster and discouraged you from pursuing ended in disaster? Shocking." Sarcasm dripped from every word.

Taking a long sip from his mug, he held it in his hands as he turned to face the other man, leaning one elbow on the bar. "Pretty much. Though it's a bit of a stretch to call us friends." Leaning forward, the Launceleyn dropped his voice to a whisper. "Did it ever occur to you that the reason I left was because I didn't want to deal with everyone's concern?"
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
There’s a slight roll of Sunjata’s eyes as Loren comments about his fear of Halo. He’s gotten better, at least, though the snowscape still was something that he hated, that plagued him for far other reasons as well. The comment about the marriage though has a wry smile crossing his face instead. “I mean, I knew it would. It was just a matter of when and how.” And the how hadn’t been exactly what he’d anticipated. But it had happened, and he dealt with it, moved on in a sense – even if Phoebe wasn’t the same.

He turns his head to look at Loren as he rests his elbow on the bar and focuses on him, and Sunjata takes a sip of the new mug as his brow raises. And when Loren leans in to whisper in his ear, the Launceleyn doesn’t need to lean in too far based off the earring in his ear. And instead, all he does is give Loren a slight nod. “That’s fair.” He shrugs – because it made sense. “If that’s the case then you should try to find a place to hide a bit better.” He leans away from the summoner to look back out at the crowd. “So then what? Just going to avoid everything? Live in Halo with your brother and Peter for however long he’s there?
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren gave Sunjata yet another unimpressed look. ”And yet, you went through with it anyway.” Taking a sip, the healer chuckled mirthlessly. ”Remind me why? Was it to prove something to Phoebe? For your pride?” He tapped the side of his mug again. ”How’d that work out for everyone involved? Pride still intact? Phoebe learned the right lessons?” There was an increasingly taunting tone to his voice.

Snorting at the bartender's suggestion, the Launceleyn took another long drink. "Oh? So I should hide because other people are stupid? No thanks." As the other man went on to criticize Loren's life choices, he raised his eyebrows. "Glass houses, Sunjata." Putting his back to the bar again, he shrugged. "Why not? What's so bad about being in Halo?" He tipped his mug at Sunjata. "And by the way, I'm not ignoring everything, I'm working. Something you might want to try some time."

With that, the healer tilted his head. "Remind me again what exactly your plan is for your life? Got it all laid out neatly? Got suggestions for me because you've been so wildly successful?" Then, however, he frowned. "What was that about Peter?"
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Something like that.” Sunjata casually rumbles with a small shrug. “Could ask her for yourself, being her friend and all that.” His gaze slips over to the summoner with a raised brow. “Or maybe she’s off hanging out with Frey, since that’s her true best friend, isn’t it?” Perhaps there’s bitterness beneath the words, but Sunjata swallows them down with the deep drink of the glass in his hand.

He can’t help the smirk that crosses his face at the mention of glass houses, of being in Halo with a tipped mug toward him. “Snow sucks. And I do work, thank you.” He gives Loren a crooked grin. “It’s just not as honorable as yours is.” A wink sent Loren’s way before settling again to focus on the crowd, listening to the man beside him. A plan? Well, now that he’s found the ocean, perhaps he should stay.

Mmm you and I both know, Loren, that plans are useless here. You can make them, pine after them, and they get torn away from you.” He levels his gaze at Loren with a raised brow. “I’m trying out the whole no plans, ride the wave, see where that takes me. As for Peter, however, he’s probably going to want to visit Torchline and get some sun on his pale skin. Hence the ‘while he’s there’. Don’t think deeper into it.” A shrug offered.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren just laughed, the sound bitter and humorless. ”What’s that, you jealous she’s friends with the god of sex?” Taking a sip, he gave Sunjata a piercing look. "No reason for me to seek her out just to say I told you so. I'm sure she's already found herself another man to fling herself at." The words were cruel in a way the healer rarely spoke out loud, though at least this time there was no anger or madness behind them.

Quirking an eyebrow, he gave the bartender a considering look. "Is that so? How's the VlamVloed then? And what are your little spies up to these days?" The questions were still taunting and challenging, and the Launceleyn waited expectantly.

Shrugging, he took another long drink. "True enough. I stopped planning too, though I wonder if you ever really did to begin with." However, as the other man spoke of Peter, Loren smirked, though it was a little sad. "Peter can visit. But I'm pretty sure he'll come back to Halo, just like I will."
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Oh, no jealousy at all. In fact, I’m wondering why she didn’t take their advice at all anyway.” A brief snort to that, but he passes it off. “Gods we could only be so lucky.” An honest answer lingering along his tone at the idea of Phoebe with someone else. The tone of Loren’s words pass by him, not caring about the cruelty of it. He couldn’t care any less what happens to her now.

VlamVloed is busy as ever, despite a small minor reopening.” His gaze flits to Loren at that. “Partially an Inn as well.” Yes, he’d been busy. “And I wouldn’t be a good spy if I told you that, would i?” He teases, flashing Loren a quick smirk before taking a sip of his drink once more and exhaling. “Plus rebuilding the Temple with Ronin’s help, a quest for Safrin to rebuild the shrine there… Among other things.” A brief shrug.

The mention of planning, however, has his gaze returning to the summoner as a quiet chuckle leaves him. “Mmmm yeah, maybe once. Gave up after that.” A slight smirk crosses his face as he looks away from Loren with the recent information. “So you’re finally accepting your family, now? I thought you didn't care about them all that much?