rotting like a wreck on the ocean floor
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
Loren shrugged, though an ugly expression flickered on his face for a moment. ”Depends on the advice, I suppose. I missed that part, though. Just got criticized by them for doing what you and Phoebe said you wanted.” There was a slightly bitter edge to the words, though he let it go, knowing the folly of complaining about the unfairness of the gods and life.

Taking a sip as Sunjata explained what he'd been doing, the healer shrugged. "How minor?" Then he chuckled, amused by the bartender's self-image. "You're not a good spy. But suit yourself. I'll just find it out from my own sources." The Launceleyn tipped his glass again.

However, at the mention of Ronin, he paused. "And how are the goddess and her demi-god doing?" For a brief moment, the distant and slightly cruel mask slipped and a little bit of concern shone through.

Then it was gone as swiftly as it had appeared. "Well I care about them now. And they've accepted me." It wasn't strictly true, but Sunjata wouldn't know the difference. The Launceleyn offered up a toast. "To not planning."
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4967
SUNJATA
Loren could give him all the ugly expressions he wants to, and Sunjata wouldn’t mind either way. It doesn’t bother him, he doesn’t particularly find him caring all that much in the end anyway. “Frey said the marriage didn’t matter whether we did it or didn’t do it. Didn’t matter if we were together and shit happened, so.” A shrug, tipping his glass back again.

Closed for a couple of days to fix the damage. She took a shovel to the bar when I’d been bit.” A brief explanation, but he doesn’t care about that in the end. He’d lost half the stock, the damage to the bar table was still there, etched forever until he decided whether he wanted to replace it. At the mention of spies, though, Sunjata snorts lightly. “Ah, will you now?” He glances toward Loren with amusement and interest.

He doesn’t think the summoner would make a good spy, but who is he to judge?

Still, the comment about Ronin gets the summoner to pause briefly. “Obviously Ronin didn’t want to be here, so I’m assuming someone talked her into it. I doubt it was Remi.” A quiet admission before he tilts his head somewhat. “When I spoke to her, she’d mentioned it was the first time one of her own had sacked the Temple so, I imagine she wasn’t pleased in the slightest about it.” He exhales, taking another deep sip of his drink before placing the empty glass along the table top and asking for another.

As for family though? He offers a light smirk toward Loren with a nod, raising the new mug to the other man in a toast as well. “I'm glad you found them, then. To not planning.
i no longer know if i wish to drown myself
in love, vodka, or the sea
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Smirking as Sunjata explained, Loren took another long drink of his beer. ”I see. So when told by the god of sex that the marriage didn’t matter, you both did the sensible thing and walked away.” His smirk deepened. ”Oh wait. That’s not at all what happened.” Laughing a bit meanly, he leaned back, setting both elbows on the bar.

"Did she now? Good for her." Toasting to that, he threw back the rest of his drink then set it down. A pleasant warmth had spread through his belly and his veins. "I wouldn't be a good spy if I told you that, would I?" he responded, tossing the bartender's words right back at him.

Turning around, the healer tapped for another drink, knowing he'd had too much already and simply not caring. "So Safrin got pissy and forced Ronin to make amends?" The slight concern was gone and in its place was the same carelessness he was showing towards everything this evening. New drink acquired, he shrugged. "I'm glad I found them too." Again, not even close to the truth, but he made it sound believable enough that everything could be chalked up to the alcohol.

Because even if he had been glad, it had come at much too high a cost.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
Loren’s smirk does spark a laugh from his throat. “She wanted to, so we did.” He shrugs to that, shaking his head but leans into the bar a bit more fiddling with the drink in his hand. The mention of the bar having a shovel taken to it grants a small shrug. “Got some nice battle scars at least.” A brief shrug, before he reaches up and rubs at the side of his neck over one of the bite marks before looking back over toward Loren with a nod at his own words tossed back at him.

A touche sort of toast is granted, before he snorts and grabs his new drink. “I’m not sure entirely what happened, but it makes sense, doesn’t it?” A shrug, a drink, and settling into the seat a bit more. Loren’s words about finding his family, being glad, has Sunjata nodding – but he doesn’t trust it. He’d heard more than enough from the Launceleyn and Peter, and Sunjata absolutely doesn’t trust Zariah in the slightest.

Neron, however, he’s yet to meet.

Regardless, he takes a deep drink of that before glancing toward Loren with an amused expression. “Will you be in Torchline long?
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Sunjata's comment just earned him another snort from Loren. "I see. So you're still having trouble with that whole what someone wants might not be good for them thing." Taking a long drink, he gave the bartender another judgmental look. "For instance, you might want to drink and fuck your way through life. Can't imagine its always good for you and those around you though. Or your bar." The healer's tone was fully taunting now, even as the alcohol continued to burn its way through his veins.

He pointed the mug at the other man, sloshing a bit of beer over the edge in the process. ”I’ll have you know I was a good spy.” The slurring in the Launceleyn’s voice didn’t exactly help his case.

Then the topic of Ronin and Safrin continued and Loren's eyes flashed for a moment with something dark and dangerous. "None of this makes fucking sense." Uncaring, he took an inadvisably long drink from his mug, wiping the residue from his lips with the back of his hand in an angry gesture.

At Sunjata's question, the healer gave him another dark and distant look. "What's it to you?" The question came out with more than a bit of an edge and his eyes practically dared the bartender to answer.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
To be honest, Loren, I don’t really care what she wants anymore.” A passive shrug and a deep drink of his glass before it settles and he goes to focus on the man beside him again with the ghost of a smirk crossing his face. “And I don’t particularly care what you think of my habits either. The bar is doing well, regardless of whom I’m fucking. Thanks for your concern.” Oh, he can absolutely tell the tone is taunting, but Sunjata doesn’t really care. It amuses him in some way to see some form of emotion coming from the Launceleyn that wasn’t just a cold flat mask.

Loren’s words begin to slur and Sunjata nods to him, that same smirk remaining on his face. “Did you spy for the family?” He asks thoughtfully, head tilting quite avian like. But at the comment of not knowing what was going on in terms of Ronin and Safrin and all of that, Sunjata shrugs. He doesn’t know, none of it makes sense, it is what it is in the end.

A quiet snort leaves him as he finishes his drink at Loren’s next question before he turns to face the man a bit more fully, resting an elbow on the bar and propping his leg up a small amount on the barstool. “I’m only curious. That’s it. I don’t care where you are or where you go. I’m just interested if we’ll be crossing paths again.” He shrugs to that, making to push somewhat away from the bar.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren raised eyebrows. ”Did you ever?” Snorting, he took another sip. "Fair enough. It wasn't concern anyway, so I'l stop since it seems to bother you so much." The challenging tone had shifted to almost full blown mockery.

Shrugging, he took another long drink. "Does it matter who? Or if I spied for anyone at all?" The words had turned bitter and sad, and he was speaking more to himself than Sunjata.

However, the healer turned haunted eyes on the bartender. "I guess that depends on you. But no, I'm not planning to spend a great deal of time in Torchline." Sipping his beer, he shrugged. "They have better drinks than Halo, that's all."
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Once.” A shrug to that, taking a sip from his drink. He doesn’t give into the mocking tone of the summoner there after, not finding it in him to care much about that either. The mention of who he spied for gets a bitter and sad tone that Sunjata can’t help but to let his steel gaze flit over to the man briefly before he shrugs. “Everyone spies for someone.” Whether that someone was yourself, or someone else. There was always a reason, always a result.

He can feel Loren’s eyes on him, turning to prop his elbow against the bar top as he focuses on Loren, pushing away to swing himself a small amount around on the barstool to where his back is to the bar, elbows propped against it as he focuses on the crowd once more. “Mmmm, yes they do. Far better drinks than Halo.” He agrees quietly, a shrug of his shoulders to that, before an exhale leaves him and he goes to light up another smoke, leaning away from the summoner in order to do so.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Tapping the mug, Loren gave Sunjata a bemused look. "Ah, so you do think I was a spy?" The mocking was back in full force, but this time there was any real cruelty behind it. The healer was too drunk for that, and from the way he took another long swig, getting much drunker soon.

As the bartender lit up another cigarette, the Launceleyn reached out with the barest tendril of power. Telekinetically plucking it from the other man's lips, Loren doused it with a bit of water for good measure. "I can't imagine you're supposed to be doing that with your lungs all fucked up. Or at all. Take it outside." It wasn't a suggestion.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
The mocking is back, and Sunjata snorts to it, a quiet chuckle leaving him. “Everyone is, to an extent.” He shrugs, focusing his attention on the details around them, what little whispers he could hear from the bar they found themselves in with the help of his earring. But he grows quiet, then, going to light another cigarette that the Launceleyn plucks from him, dousing it with water, and his steel gaze flits to Loren with the words.

A smirk crosses his face and he goes to lean toward the summoner. “Actually, I’m fine now.” And he was, thanks to a certain herald of Vi. “Safrin healed me when I asked her about how to fix the Temple.” He leans back in his seat, focusing his gaze on Loren as though it were some form of information he might want or ignore. He figures it’ll probably fall in the forgetting category.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren shook his head and pointed his mug at Sunjata. ”That’s different. Yes, everyone observes and collects information, and deceives and, whatever else it is that you think spies do, sure, fine, whatever.” Words more slurred now than before, and the healer took another long drink. ”Well, if you don’t think I was a spy, just say so. For once in your life commit to something.” The words were intended to cut.

As the bartender revealed the goddess had healed him, the Launceleyn snorted. However, he made no move to return the cigarette to the other man. "Well. I'm sure she'd want you to stay healthy then, don't you?" Then Loren smirked. "Plus I don't like the smell." It didn't bother him, actually, he was just trying to be a dick.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
A tilt of his head at Loren’s slurred speech has him wondering if it is really any different. Or if it’s all the same, called by different names to make it appear as though it’s better. But even as Loren’s words intend to cut, Sunjata can’t help but to chuckle at it, shaking his head lightly as though they were supposed to be painful – though Sunjata couldn’t care less. “I am committed to something.” The short answer.

The fact that Loren didn’t like the smell, has Sunjata smirking lightly in response, a shake of his head, not pulling another out for fear of that one being held hostage as well, and so he turns to the bar to tap to grab another glass to give him something to do with his hands. “Healthy enough to get her a heart of a rare creature, sure.” It’s somewhat mumbled as he shrugs.
the Firebrand

Change author:
As Sunjata protested he was committed to something or whatever, yet failed to name what said thing was, Loren snorted. "Oh yeah? And what is that?" He was speaking a bit too loudly, and more than a bit challengingly.

When the bartender explained that he was seeking out the heart of a rare creature, the healer just stared at the other man. The Launceleyn blinked once. Twice. "What the actual fuck are you talking about? What does that have to do with anything?" Equal parts confused and derisive, he turned to face the bar. "Cool. You're going on a hunt. Super healthy, super manly. Hope you feel proud of yourself."
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
There’s a slight roll of his eyes as though Loren wasn’t understanding what he was getting at. Though he imagines it’s something to do with the alcohol, and as soon as the mug is in his hand does he finally figure out how to respond. “The bar.” The one constant in a storm of so many variables. At least that had been a constant presence, reminder, thing to revolve around. That and his guild, with more and more members as time went on.

But that was beside the point, especially as Loren stares at him before turning to face the bar. “She needs the heart of a rare creature for the shrine.” He shrugs, having not expected the summoner to pick anything up. “I am, actually. Proud, that is. Seeing as nobody else offered.” He glances sidelong at Loren before lifting the mug to his lips again.