please forgive me, I can’t sleep at night
Maea! <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
maybe i'm just too tired to keep lyin'
Gifts given, all but one, and he goes to seek her out again. There’s one left in his hand, boxed in a lovely ivory hue that bore in stark contrast to the sun-kissed skin and the dark clothes he wears. But it isn’t for him in the way that it might appear, a gift for her. A whisper of moonlight among the ocean waves, with the power of shifting and turning the tide on him with every thrumming second.

So when he finds her again among the start of the moonlight, he tries to catch her gaze, to angle his head toward a quieter place not entirely in the spotlight, shifting the box a small amount in his hands. Provided she arrives, he’ll offer her a gentle smile, a tilt of his head. “Here.” His voice is soft, gentle, almost boyish in the charm that it holds — waiting for her to see what’s inside.
maybe you're all i ever wanted
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
MAEA
In the end, the basket was left empty. Only two parcels remained at the bottom, and both were meant for a single receiver. When the talk and the mingling grew too much for her, she peeled herself away from the crowd and found a moment of solitude to think, breathe and steal a bite of food. Despite her general lack of fondness for crowds, this evening was proving to be a pleasant one.

Before long, she caught sight of Sunjata as he made his way through the press of people, towards her. It was utterly ridiculous, but merely seeing him again made her stomach flip, in a way it hadn't really done before. It was as if their night together had made her aware of him in a whole new way, brought things to light in her feelings for him that made it far easier to see what it was all about.

Maea caught his gaze and smiled, following along as he brought them to a quiet corner of the party. A pale brow rose at the sight of the box in his hand. He had said he had a gift... and while she hadn't expected it, there had been a quiet hope that he might keep her in mind for this festival. Seeing it now, realizing that he indeed had... made those butterflies come awake within her again.

Little traitors.

"Thank you," she said, and blushed a little as she accepted the present with one hand. Reaching into the basket with the other, she picked up the biggest of the two remaining items and held it out for him, a shy smile tugging on her lips.

"And this is for you."
I'm an angel bored like hell
And you're a devil meaning well
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
He nods with a light smile as she takes her gift, noticing the blush that creeps along her pale skin. She hands him a box, and he takes it with a slightly wider smile. “You didn’t have to.” He begins, taking the box into his now free hands and looks at it curiously. He gives it a small shake to see the weight and movement of the object within, before his gaze flits to her with a raised brow.

You didn’t…” He begins to say before puffing out a small sigh, going to open the box to view the contents. And what he sees? They’re wonderful. Sharp striped steel with blue and black handles, daggers a perfect fit for his wide hands. The look that crosses his face is some bit nostalgic, some bit surprised, some part adoration. He takes them out of the box and tests the weight on them before looking to Maea with a softer smile, one only for her, like the time at the beach. “Thank you.” He puts them both in the box before reaching up to cup her cheek gently, a soft light sparkle to his eye.

But his hand drops as he gestures to her box. “Open it.” Perhaps that might be a good indicator why he’d been so amused.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
"I know. But I wanted to."

She watched closely as he opened her present. The look on his face turned from happiness to surprise and then he smiled, in a way he so rarely did, and Maea could have died for him in that moment. She couldn't help but grin at the way he tested the weight, how carefully he examined the craftsmanship - and they were a work of art, something even she with her limited experience had been able to see - and would have been content to leave things at that.

Especially when he touched her cheek, and she was brought back to the beach, the cave, the memory of his sleeping face by soft morning light. Oh, sweet mercy, how was she supposed to keep this man at arm's length?

"Do you like them?" she asked, even though his gratitude and expression suggested as much. She still wanted to hear him say it.

But there was a box in her own hand, unopened, and there was a look of amusement in his eyes that made her a little suspicious. Maea shifted the basket on her arm and used both hands to pry open the lid. Peering inside, she gaped, staring at the pair of daggers as if she couldn't quite believe her eyes. They were light and delicate, made of silvered steel and ivory handles streaked with gold, and a leaf-shaped blade that ended in a vicious tip. From each side of the blade where it connected to the handle were elegant sweeping designs of gold that reminded her of wings, or maybe Ludo's rags billowing in the wind.

For a while she just stared at them, absorbing the careful details on them. Then she looked up at Sunjata, her expression one of gratitude and awe and affection threatening to overflow. A smile began to tug at her mouth, glittered in her eyes as she realized what they had done.

Maea began to laugh.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Did he like them? Absolutely. The question is met with that same boyish smile, a dip of his head. “I do.” He begins, pausing briefly as he focuses on her a bit more intently. “They’re exactly what I wanted.” And they were, the perfect mix of brutal precision with the flair for beauty and appreciation. Their weights were near perfect, sized to fit easily in his hand. It was wonderful.

But she opens her own, and his boyish smile shifts toward a smirk as she spots the reason for his amusement. The pale twin blades, elegant where his were wide, sharpened and vibrant with the flair for wings or rags along the handle. And the look on her face after was what made it all worth it, her laughter ringing in his ear at the surprise of it — the fact they’d gotten each other the same type of gift.

There’s a quiet chuckle that leaves him as he goes to pick up his own daggers with a light smile lingering on his face. “Great minds think alike, hm?” His head is angled down toward the blades in his hands, but his gaze seeks out her own with a small raised brow.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Somehow managing to contain her mirth, Maea looked up at him and grinned. Her eyes were bright, and she held the box with her daggers close to the chest, as if he might change his mind and try to take them back.

"Yes. It seems like you're able to keep up with me nicely, Sunshine" she teased, actually winking at him. "There's this for you too, though, so hard to say for sure..."

And she picked up the last little item from the very bottom of the basket, and handed it to him.

Carefully wrapped up in soft cloth lay a small carving of a whale. Not just any whale though, but the very same as the one he shifted into, and the carved lines made it seem to arch over rolling waves. Made from bone, ursur tusk perhaps, it was flat and small enough to wear as jewelry or to set on some shelf to look at... Maea had included a simple leather strip, offering the option for either.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunshine?” He asks with a small hint of amusement in his voice, though the smile on his face is warm and bright – watching as she clutches the box with the daggers close. And then she goes to hand him a second gift and his brows furrow somewhat, confused about the idea of there being more than one gift when he’d only brought the one.

He puts the daggers down in the box once more, taking the smaller one she offers him, gaze slipping up to her with a raised brow briefly, before he slips the lid off of it and sees something rather beautiful. A carving of a whale, the orca shift, in some form of a tusk. It ignites another smile along his face, seeing how it was small enough to wear as jewelry of a sort.

Taking the carving out of the box, he grabs the small leather strip and fits it through the space allowed to wear it as a necklace of sorts, and ties the end together so it’ll sit long enough to settle along his sternum. Slipping it on, he turns to her again and goes to pull her into a hug, aiming to bury his face into her hair. “Thank you Maea.” This one is perhaps a bit more personal, a bit more cherishing than the last thank you, but he can’t help the flux of emotions that flit over him with the sight of it, the thought.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
A good reaction, all in all. Maea watched him closely as he inspected the carving, and smiled almost painfully wide as he went to put it on. The pendant rested perfectly against his neck, the bone made all the whiter against his tanned skin.

She was quite keenly aware of the crowd milling not too far away when he pulled her in. It was a level of affection they had kept to themselves and kept very private thus far, and feeling Sunjata's arms around her here, with so many potential eyes to see them was... strange. A bit disconcerting, as much as it pleased her. But she still hugged him back, managing to get one arm around his waist.

"You're most welcome, Sunjata," she smiled into his chest, feeling from the impossible tenderness of his voice as he pressed his face into her hair. He had never been this sweet with her before, not so consistently; it was almost alarming, because it gave Maea impossible hope. Wild, desperate and painful hope that something might have changed. But... could she really trust it?

"They are both from Halo, you know, " she told him. "They have good crsftsmen there." The place isn't all bad.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Her arm remains around his waist and he settles in beside her easily with that characteristic rogue smirk, a hint of some boyish charm beneath it — only for her. He pulls away from the space he’d found in her hair to focus on her when she speaks next, a slight snort leaving him at the mention of them both coming from Halo. “Their bars could use some work though.” He teases her lightly before settling in with a quiet sigh.

She’s still covered up, and while it wasn’t unusual for him to have marks all over him, he wonders if she’s told anybody about anything. So he eyes her curiously, before settling in to view the crowd. “Who else did you give gifts to?” A curious question as he reaches to fiddle with the necklace around his neck.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
She laughed and nodded, quite agreed with that sentiment. Maea had spent enough time at the inn between her trips there to know - and avoid - the kind of drinks they served there.

"Your VlamVloed is hard to beat," she agreed. "What are the establishments in Torchline like? I assume you've scouted your rivals already." Poking a teasing finger into his side, she let the empty basket slide down the arm to her hand, and set it down on the ground by their feet.

"Hm, I gave to Jigano and Loren, and Libbs. I think Peter might be in Halo still, so he will get his present later... oh, and Adam too." Maea counted them off, surprising herself with how much her group of friends har grown. "I was hoping to find Amun too, but it's probably best he isn't around here today."

Looking up at Sunjata, Maes tilted ger head. Watched him toy with the necklace, a light in her eyes brightening the features of her face with happiness. "What about you? I assume Melita..?" She had not forgotten about his niece.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
They’re pretty nice actually, compared to Halo. But the VlamVloed is always going to be my favorite.” He hums with some bit of amusement as she digs her finger I to his side and he scoots away for a brief second. But he returns and slips an arm around her with a small smile — at least until she mentions who she’d brought gifts to. The smile fades a small amount and he nods. “Loren?” He hadn’t known they were close enough for gifts, but there’s a small frown that grows with the mention of the summoners name.

As for who he brought gifts to? “Melita and Libbs. I gave Hotaru her gift already.” A small shrug as he avoids her gaze and looks out over the gathering. “Had one for Phoebe at the start of the season but ah, not going anywhere near her for the foreseeable future, so.” A rise and fall of his shoulders. He’s not planning on seeing the midwife for a long while, if ever.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
"Hmm... perhaps that's not a bad idea. For both of you." The idea of him giving gifts to either Phoebe or Hotaru made her frown, something cold and nasty clawing awake in her gut. Knowing what kind of relation the man had with both of the women.

But even those jealous thoughts was put to the back of her mind as she noticed the tone he used when repeating Loren's name. Searching his face and seeing the slight scowl, Maea pressed her side a little closer into his, in some subconscious attempt to soothe whatever had caused it.

"Yes, Loren. He healed me, last time I went to Halo. And he's agreed to help me train... already taught me a few things to help me control the ice." A gentle reminder of a conversation they'd started on in the cave... though perhaps he could be forgiven for forgetting. They had been distracted at the time. Maea adjusted the shawl around her neck again, trying and failing to suppress a soft, slow smile at the memories imprinted on her skin.

"Why the angry brows? I thought you two were friends."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
That’s good.” He rumbles in response to what Loren’s taught Maea over the control of his magic, but it did little to alleviate the Flood’s worries of encountering him again. He didn’t know what the next time would be like, and to be honest? He wasn’t sure he wanted to find out.

The question of angry brows has him glancing over to her with a small smile to replace the frown that’d crossed his face. “Come sit with me.” He pauses to ensure he’s got a hold on both the boxes she’d brought, before reaching to grab her basket and guide her to a space among the grass, still in view of the ground but a small distance away.

He sits, sets the things down, and stretches out his legs while he props himself up on an elbow, peering back at the crowd. “We had a disagreement at the Hanged Man. Let’s just say I’m not his biggest fan at the moment.” Of course he’d delve into it deeper if she wanted, but he wasn’t sure she’d want to hear the details.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Maea followed along, growing more concerned as he clearly put off whatever response he was about to offer her. Carrying her own box of daggers like it was the most precious thing she'd ever owned (and it was, it really was) she placed it safely in the basket before easing herself down beside Sunjata, knees pulled up to her chest and with her chin resting on them while she peered at him. It felt nice to be on equal eye level again; her neck had begun to strain after looking up at him from such a close proximity.

Maea kept a bit of space between them. Still keenly aware of the people milling about just a stones throw away, she didn't think it a good idea to get too close to him. They'd never been good at keeping their hands off the other, and this was really not a good place for anything beyond a hug.

"What was it about?" she asked, rather concerned about it; they were both her friends, and she didn't want them to be at odds with one another. Maea's eyes were on Sunjata, not the revelers. Unusually full of color in this verdant forest, they roamed his features in quiet contentment. The butterflies were gradually settling down, far more at ease now that they were talking and laughing and acting like normal again.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3