it may be piss
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
She’d enjoyed her time in the Hollowed Ground, but it was nice to be back in Halo. Despite the rather bright yet freezing cold sun, she feels at home again, feels like herself again. She’s gone back to wearing her thick black boots, her wool clothes, and her black cloak with it’s raven-feather collar. Her and Korbin fell back into their routine, though she hadn’t told her brother about the deal with Sunjata. Weaver was trying not to get excited, not to get her hopes up, knowing that the fruition of such plans still depended on people other than her. She hated when things depended on people other than her.

The day had started out as usual, Weaver setting off to hunt and catching some of the usual fare; a few ningos (gods love them and their stupid, fat little selves) and a hare. It wasn’t much, but they always had stockpiles of meat. She simply kept hunting, replenishing those stockpiles of meat both to eat and trade. After skinning the animals and setting some of the meat to dry, she’d cleaned up and made her way over to the local tavern.

Entering almost hurts, as she remembers the smell of food in the VlamVloed, the number of bottles lined up behind the shelves, the richness of the wine, the strength of the vodka. She cannot help but dream of what she could have here, if Sunjata comes through on his half of the bargain. Still, she finds herself sliding into her usual stool toward the end of the bar, the bartender slapping her usual drink in front of her. It may be piss, but it’s what they’ve got, and it’s home.

weaver

-- ask no questions, and you'll be told no lies --

Quote by Charles Dickens

the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
Loren had been spending maybe a little bit too much time in Torchline. However, he was still based in Halo, so the majority of his days he was in the Palace, working on getting established as the Grand Healer. His nights and free time were his to do with as he willed, though. Unfortunately,
after finishing up work for the day he'd discovered that his flask had run dry, and worse, he’d run out of alcohol in his stash.

So he headed towards a nearby bar, the one he’d made an arrangement to have regular deliveries sent to his room in the Palace. Entering, he gave the bartender a friendly nod. Said bartender was already pouring out a shot for him as the healer walked up. Taking it, he threw it back and placed it on the bar. Tapping next to it, he smiled a bit grimly. ”Another.”

As he’d approached, he’d noticed the tall, competent looking woman he’d run into at the Fae gathering. Since she just so happened to be next to him at the bar, he turned to face her. ”Weaver, right? We didn’t get a chance to properly introduce ourselves.” With that, he took the next shot and downed it as quickly as the first. ”I’ll take what she's having.” The bartender immediately started pouring the mug.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
A man sits down next to her, ordering two back to back shots before turning to her. By shot number two her attention was on him though, amber eyes taking in the wallflower she’d introduced herself to at the festival. He turns his attention to her after the second shot, and she nods to confirm that he did indeed remember her name correctly. ”Loren, yes? Backward introductions and drinks all around, it seems,” she says as she downs the rest of her glass in one large swig and plops it back on the bar for the bartender to fill. “It tastes kind of like piss but it’s strong,” she says to him, nodding as the bartender chuckles and fills her glass as well.

Weaver swivels her body around to face Loren, curious about the man. ”Outlander, I assume? Because I would have remembered a man that looks like you and drinks like you if you’d been around for long.” Besides, she’d grown up trapped in Halo. The faces never really changed, and though you didn’t necessarily know all of them, you knew most of them and you recognized the rest. It was a blessing and a curse, the whole small town thing. It was nice to know most of the people you lived with and yet, it got kind of boring. Though most of the natives were prejudiced against the outlanders, and while she had some reservations, Weaver wasn’t necessarily against them. They were a nice change of pace for tiny little Halo, and her tone as she asks makes it clear she’s just curious rather than judgmental.

weaver

Quote by Charles Dickens

the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Nodding as Weaver confirmed that Loren was, indeed, his name. Toasting to her comment, he smirked a little. "I'll drink to that." And he suited actions to his word, taking a generous sip of his mug. Grinning at her assessment of the alcohol, he shrugged (though he agreed with it). "As long as it takes the edge off, I'm not that picky."

Letting out a huff of laughter at her question, he slid a finger around the rim of his mug. "Guilty as charged. I hope my origin, drinking habits, and my face are all acceptable to you." His tone was teasing and maybe the tiniest bit flirtatious.

Taking another sip of his mug, he turned to face her more fully, leaning an elbow on the bar. "I take it from your question that you're a Halo native." Giving her an appraising look, he raised his eyebrows. "So I suppose I should ask you about your wants and needs."
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
He toasts and takes a sip of his mug, shrugging, though she laughs a bit. ”I mean, I haven’t actually found particularly good booze in Halo. You take what you can get here.” She glances up to the bartender with a friendly smile. ”No offense, of course,” she says to him, though it’s clear he’s not offended and that they’ve been down this road before. There’s something routine to the conversation, but years of drinking in the same tavern with the same faces behind the bar will do that. ”I’m rather hopeful the state of alcohol in Halo changes with the portals open, though. Imports and all that.”

Not that trade would be easy, because nothing in Halo is ever easy, and the portal still spits them out a good bit away from the Citadel. But still, it would make trade a whole hell of a lot easier than it ever had been, bringing in things from the outside more frequently than they had been previously able.

She gives him an appraising look as he answers, laughing at her accusation. Good, he can laugh at a joke. Maybe it’s the two shots, but whatever the reason, she’ll take it. ”Your origin matters little to me so long as you don’t screw us over. As for your face and your drinking habits, well, I find both rather acceptable so far.” She takes another long swig from her mug, as if to illustrate her point. Perhaps tonight was a night for getting drunk and stupid.

She nods as he assumes, correctly, that she’s a native. It’s his next statement that raises her brow slightly. ”Should, but you have not,” she says with a wicked little grin, simply to be an ass because it had been a statement and not a question. ”You aren’t required to work all the time. But if you are really interested, I don’t have a lot of wants and needs. Just don’t fuck this place up and maybe you’ll earn our loyalty.” Which is to say it had not yet been earned, though she doesn’t say that allowed. The implication is obvious enough. ”And be prepared to deal with ursur wounds. They are common.” She should know; the scar on her chest was an ugly and constant reminder.

weaver

Quote by Charles Dickens

the Firebrand

Change author:
"I don't mind taking what I can get." Loren's voice was slightly teasing, and amusement glittered in his eyes. As Weaver expressed a desire for better alcohol, he smirked a little. "Well. Perhaps someone might just grant that particular wish." There was a wry tone to the words and he smirked a little.

It turned into a full grin at her assessment of him. "So far, huh." Taking a sip from his mug, he tipped it at her in acknowledgement. "Well, the night is still young." And he was more than happy to see where it, and this conversation, led.

"Maybe that was on purpose." He leaned forward a bit, eyes slightly narrowed. "What are your wants and needs?" It came out with a slightly flirtatious edge, though it was more playful than anything else.

Letting out a huff of laughter of laughter, he stayed where he was rather than moving back. "Don't fuck up. At least it's easy enough advice to follow." Then his lips twitched. "They can't be much worse than a throat torn out by a lion." For just a moment, something dark and ugly flickered in his eyes before he banished it.

Slouching against the bar now, he sipped his mug, the taste growing on him (or maybe he was just getting tipsy). "Now I have to say this seems unfair. You know everything you seem to think matters about me, and I know almost nothing about you."
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
”Is that always a bad thing?, she asks, her amber eyes twinkling with a bit of playful mischief. She leans against the bar slightly, taking a sip of her drink and crossing her legs. ”Why, does the palace have a hidden stash of better booze?” she asks, though she knows Sunjata’s plans. She wonders if he’s spoken to Neron yet and if the Warden has approved. Maybe. Maybe that’s what Loren was referring to. Or maybe (more likely) he was being cheeky.

”Very young,” she agrees, raising her glass toward his slightly and taking a sip as well. A toast, of sorts. A possibility. Of what, exactly, only time and more booze would tell.

He leans forward to properly ask his question, playfully flirtatious and she shifts just slightly closer to him in her chair. Neither of them moves back as the conversation continues, though she quirks her head at the mention of throats torn out by lions. Oh?

But he’s still talking and she doesn’t miss the dark thing that flickers through his eyes at the mention, so she doesn’t push it. She laughs though as he says their conversation is unfair. ”Hardly,” she says, voice a little low and smoky as she says it. ”I know your name and position and something about a lion. I am not so foolish as to believe that is everything that matters about you.” Maybe there were other girls who would care about nothing else, but Weaver was not other girls.

She leans back just slightly, picking up her drink and tipping it toward him. ”What about a game? We each ask a question of the other and we must answer honestly. Before answering, you drink. It will make the answers far easier anyway. I’ll even let you go first.” She knows she is opening herself up to telling the one story she never tells, but maybe it’s not so bad. She never said they had to give all the gory details, just the truth.

weaver

Quote by Charles Dickens

the Firebrand

Change author:
”Not always.” Loren smirked. ”Sometimes it’s very, very good, and sometimes it’s very, very bad.” While there was a bit of a suggestive tone, he was mostly being playful and a bit self-deprecating.

Swirling his mug, he let out a huff of laughter. ”Depends on what your reaction to the existence of such a stash would be.” He took a sip as he waited for Weaver’s response.

He sipped again at her toast. A slow and maybe slightly naughty grin spread across his lips at the game she suggested. "I'm be a fool to pass up an offer like that." His finger tapped against the side of the mug as he considered his first question. "What do you do for a living?" Maybe an easy and boring one, but he figured she should be rewarded for going first.

Besides, he was hardly drunk yet.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
She notes his suggestive tone, though it’s buried beneath something playful and...self-deprecating? Interesting. She’s not entirely against the suggestive part of his tone, but then again, she’d rather use the night for learning and drinking, most likely. Information was the best currency in Caido, and opportunity has laid out before her like a warm bear-skin rug.

She laughs lightly at his response about the booze. ”Jealousy. And then I would figure out how to worm my way into that stash in the palace, clearly. You might never get rid of me.” The last part is entirely joking. As it turns out she does other things besides drink, but she would probably become a slightly more frequent face in his life. Or really just the life of the palace guards telling her to get the hell out.

He agrees to her game, which she is somewhat surprised at. But then again, maybe he thinks like she does, that it’s worth divulging a few secrets to gain a few others. ”I’m a hunter,” she says, the answer as easy as his question. ”My step-father and older brother taught me. There are a lot of hunters and crafters in Halo, honestly, given that we need a lot of each.” She adds, giving him a little extra info. The game is more fun when you are willing to share the surrounding details, after all.

She takes another sip from her mug, pondering her first question. She wants to ask about the lion comment, but doesn’t, willing to ease into the game more and let them both get properly drunk before asking the hard questions. ”Where did you come from, before Caido?” It’s one of her favorite questions, to learn about the worlds that she will never see.

weaver

Quote by Charles Dickens

the Firebrand

Change author:
Smirking, Loren leaned forward toward Weaver and dropped his voice to a whisper. "I can think of a few ways you could get access. And never being rid of you doesn't sound so bad to me." Taking a sip from his mug, he raised his eyebrows.

Nodding at her words, he leaned back a bit to listen. "I came from two worlds, though I only really remember the second one, Northaven. It was a walled city surrounded by jungle and the sea. Venturing out into either was a surefire way to get yourself killed." There was something darkly amused about the last comment. "Unless, of course, you were strong enough to survive."

Tapping a finger against his mug, he tilted his head to one side. "Besides drinking, what do people do for fun in Halo?" Despite the casual tone of the question, there was something eager in his eyes.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
He leans forward, whispering. She leans in closer to him as well, very aware it exposes a bit more below the collar of her shirt (though not much, not here in Halo where skin was kept covered). ”You say that now, but you hardly know me,” she gives him a wink, voice teasing but low, whispering into the small space between them. ”People tend to regret things they do when they are drunk. At least the things they cannot take back. And you can’t take that back, if you indeed let me in to your hidden stash of booze. Assuming it’s good.” She reaches out, aiming to tap him on the nose with her pointer finger to make her point. He hadn’t actually promised good booze. Or even a secret stash, for that matter.

He speaks of a place called Northhaven, which sounds perhaps worse than Caido. For all it’s dangerous places, you could at least leave your surrounding town. Well, now you could, anyway. There had been a time, of course, when such a thing was not possible, when Caido was much like where he came from but for different reasons. Perhaps this wasn’t such a terrible change for him, though he gives no indication if he misses his old home or not.

He asks his next question with a casual voice but eager eyes. ”Probably things not all that different than what you have done in your other worlds, though indoors. We gather in communal places and tell stories. Often the hunters, back from the day, will embellish the monsters they have come across and nearly died at the hands of. Children invent games here, things to be played with balls and strings and basic supplies, and they are often clever enough games you’ll find the adults joining in. And then of course there’s the more naughty options.” She flashes him a wicked little grin. ’We are not without our underground and loose morals.”

She pauses for a moment, waiting to see if he had any comments on that before asking her next question. There are so many she wants to ask, it is hard to pick just one. ”And how do you like it here, in Halo?” She is curious what he thinks of the place, not entirely sure if he’d first ended up in the Grounds or here, but he was here now and this was her home. What did others think of it? Particularly ones that were supposedly going to be running it.

weaver

Quote by Charles Dickens

the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren kept his eyes trained on Weaver’s, though the glimpse of her chest he caught from his peripheral vision was indeed alluring. Smirking, he slid the mug slightly farther away. ”I’m not drunk yet. And I haven’t regretted my drunken decisions yet.” His voice came out in a dangerous whisper. ”Fine, though. Maybe I’ll settle for letting you have access to the stash for just one night only.” Raising his eyebrows, he tilted his head to one side. However, he blinked as she poked his nose, before grinning slightly.

As she spoke about the pleasures of Halo and the Citadel, he picked his mug back up. Drinking periodically, he grinned as she finished. When she asked how he was liking it, he let out a huff of laughter. ”I’m still getting settled in. Not sure I can say I like it yet, but it has its perks.” He winked a bit lazily at her.

Then though, his expression grew a bit more serious. ”And it’s nice to have purpose.” Shaking his head slightly, the darkly amused expression crept over his features again. ”That wasn't really your question though. I like that Halovians are proud, and don't take shit from anyone. Plus, they're relatively self-sufficient, but not afraid to work together against the cold and the beasts." His eyes searched her expression for some hint of how his answer went over.

Then he grinned again. "Tell me about this underground and these loose morals.”
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
”As long as you realize it is settling, only one night with me,” she gives him a wink, enjoying the fact that she’s being generally impossible. What can she say? It amuses her, and she is a bit shameless. A lot a bit, actually. ”Though I feel like we should solve the drunk problem.”

She likes his honest answer, and she doesn’t mind when his answer drifts away from exactly what she asked. This was the fun of the game, the point of the game, to uncover truths you wouldn’t necessarily know to ask for. She takes another drink as he tells her what he likes about Halovians. Her grin spreads, pleased, the way a cat might be pleased at being stroked in just the right place. He wouldn’t have to search her expression to know how she felt - she wore her feelings easily. Weaver often did. ”We are sort of wonderful.”

Then he asks about the underground. ”That was not, technically, a question. You should have to take an extra drink for that.” She chuckles slightly before diving in. ”It is less a place than specific people, though I suppose there’s a bit of a place too. Mostly the back of market stalls, codewords, the like. It’s where the best magical items are traded, often mageglass, though whether or not it’s real is always up for debate. And some rather more illicit substances, as well. Well protected from Outlanders, so far anyway. You’d need someone to get you in. Though I’m not sure getting anyone to trust you would be quite as easy. The loose morals are easier to find though. There’s not a lot to do here besides try to stay warm, and some of those methods are more fun than others.”

She gestures around the bar, as if telling him to take his pick. There were enough people making their way in now that, though it probably wasn’t crowded like in the Grounds, it was far from empty. This was crowded, for Halo anyway. ”Your turn. Elaborate on what you meant, it’s nice to have a purpose? I liked that train of answer.” She makes sure to add a questioning sound to her voice in the word purpose, though since it’s only sort of a question, she takes another drink anyway.

weaver

Quote by Charles Dickens

the Firebrand

Change author:
"And would more nights with you be more than settling?" Tone challenging, Loren raised his eyebrows. At Weaver's next comment, however, he toasted, then took a long swig from his mug.

Letting out a huff of laughter, he grinned. "Sort of." When she called him out for trying to cheat, his grin widened. "Was worth a shot." And indeed, he tapped the bar for one, and threw his head back to take it when it was slid in front of him.

"I'm excited to find out more about the creative ways Halovians have found to keep warm." However, his brow furrowed slightly. "I must admit, I'm also very intrigued to hear about the possibility of mageglass. It was my understanding that it was a myth." He leaned forward, eyes and voice eager.

Staying right where he was when she asked a follow up question, he hesitated. For a moment, the playfulness slid away. "Asking the hard-hitting stuff right away." There was something wry and maybe a bit bitter in the words, and he traced a finger around the rim of his mug.

"When I first came to Caido, almost two years ago, I was excited about the possibilities here. Maybe a little too excited, because people...well. I...got lost. In my mind. You might even say I went a bit crazy." Chuckling a bit nervously, he took a sip. "When I came to my senses, a long time had passed. I tried to, I don't know, lose myself in work, in helping others, in making up for the time I'd lost, but nothing ever quite fit." Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair.

"I met someone, though. We were happy together. For a while. Talked about the future. And then he..." Voice trailing off, he glanced away. "So it's nice to just be told what to do for a bit. To have a set job, and to do that, and then...do whatever I want in my spare time."
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!