Mini Event come follow me down
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
Smirking at Neron’s comment, Loren let out a huff of laughter. ”But just one. I suppose that means it’s my turn. Too bad for you.” As Rexanna took the necklace from his hands, he turned to Bastien.

"No, you would suppose wrong." The words, obviously meant for his twin, were almost cheerfully teasing. As the healer held out his hand again, a paintbrush would appear there. "Too bad you don't exist though. Guess I'll just have to find another artist to give this to." He floated it over to head of the Artist's Sanctuary with his telekinesis.

Only then did he open his own gift. Seeing the golden luxere antlers surrounded by the fiery wings he stilled, suddenly reminded of a very different set of all too real glowing antlers, one that carried fire in them. Something dark and ugly flashed in his eyes as the memory coursed through him. However, he forced himself to smile, long years of etiquette training coming to his rescue. "What a thoughtful gift from a thoughtful friend." There was a bit of an edge to it, but he slid it on to a finger quickly enough.

Sam was a welcome distraction. Freed from greeting the hosts, the healer made a beeline towards the redhead. Of course, then Wessex showed up and Loren shot her a smirk as well. ”Wessex. Always a pleasure. There was something almost challenging in the words, underneath all the sarcasm, though he moved on to the bookmaker quickly enough.

Setting two of the bottles to the ground, the healer popped open the third. "Glad to see you made it." There was a wicked amusement in his voice, and he threw back the bottle and chugged from it for a moment.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Sabriel Moralis
Therapist

Age: 37 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Firebirb Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SABRIEL
"It is lovely to meet you." A glance from Nate to Amun. "Both of you." she added.

Her eyes quickly scans both of them briefly, the grin fading into something more soft and controlled. Her hands paced the edge of the box she held, the texture of the rice paper she had used to wrap it numb to the tips of her fingers. She bowed her head for a brief moment, before she responded. "I am Sabriel. I'll admit, I am a bit lost here." she smirked with a soft flutter of her eyes.

"Would either of you be kind enough to explain this 'family' that I have been so graciously invited to?" she asked, a quizzical look to her countenance, as she was rightfully, a bit perplexed. Who invites a stranger to a gathering? "It looks lovely enough, but I'll admit, the details have been a bit vague outside of a very well written letter."

"Also, is there a particular place I am supposed to put this gift? I was hoping to gift it to the person who had invited me."
A place to stay and sometimes be awake
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Age: 58 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305
ZIDANE
Zidane had pulled back a bit after giving his gift, just quietly studying the other Ascendeds after putting his gift and hand in his pocket. The pretty little firefly still resting between his fingers hidden under the fabric where he just sucked in as much information that he could about the others. Slowly he drew back to the nearest sitting spot to sit there, piercing eyes studying the happenings around him.

Soon enough he took his hand out of the pocket containing the firefly and held it out infront of his eyes to study it, the light from the living fireflies lighting up their surroundings and making his trinket shine almost like its alive counterpart. Its been the second time since he became active within the comunity that he had been given a gift and it puzzled him.. If you asked him he didn't desereve this kindness but true; if you asked him he didn't really deserve anything. Depression was a fun time..
Don't mind me, I'm just marking my territory
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
– NATE –
Nate glanced over as Amun followed him, his eyes rolling as the other man bowed. He hadn't bothered with any such niceties, hadn't felt the need to. "It's not really a party if you can't get drunk." He pointed out, though the grin didn't actually leave his face as he said it. Instead he focused on Sabriel, considering her.

"Shit, you really are new." Nate chuckled, then looked around. "The Family, we are the uh... children," he glanced at the potter, giving him the chance to correct his phrasing, "of the Voice. A Goddess." That was really the gist of it, wasn't it? Simple. And her next question was even easier to answer. Nate pointed towards Rexanna. "She organized all this. I'd wait until she's free though."

Really, Nate had considered ignoring Amun's tease about his Longheat, his last few weeks specifically, but... where the fun in that? "I'm really not usually a gossip." He started, lips curving into a wide grin. "I've been having some fun though." A shrug rolled over his shoulders, as if part of his drama wasn't standing only a little ways away.
I’m in trouble for the things I haven’t got to yet
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 24 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
Clemente
the difference between a garden
and a graveyard
is what we choose to put in the soil

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Clem is late, and he's running like hell with his little bundle held tight to his chest, pretending that time simply isn't moving so that he doesn't feel so badly about coming so late. He had been so worried about his presents, had spent hours agonizing over making them perfect, and time had simply...slipped away.

Wessex's voice rings in his head and he nearly stumbles in surprise, but his heart warms at the fact that she checks on him nonetheless. I'm coming! He calls back as he readjusts his presents. There are a lot more people than he expected however, certainly more than the normal size of their fanged-family. It slows his pace immediately, old wary instincts coming to the fore. Clem is aware he probably looks like a half-starved streetdog with how he skirts around the edges of the gathering, shoulders hiked high and eyes darting around the new faces as he tries to get to Wessex.

"Who're all these people?" he mumbles uncomfortably, wishing he weren't so tall so he might hide by her side. Reaching into the bag he digs around until he finds hers, and shyly offers it to her from her side. "I made ya this," he clarifies nervously. It's a decently sized wooden brooch with an electric arc through a heart. Simultaneously meant to symbolize her electric heart and closeness to The Voice, and a closeness to himself. Embarrassed immediately he turns to find his other gift victims.

Clem slips away towards Rexanna and Bastien despite how busy they seem to be. Clemente doesn't care about that, he's clearly far more important (or so he tells himself to settle the nerves chewing him up inside) so they can wait. This is a gift giving event, not a talk-yourself-to-death event. A matching pair of wooden hearts - a larger one on a necklace for Rex, and a smaller one on a bracelet for Bastien - with a small engraving in his slightly-improving hand that said 'Clem <3 You'. He scampers away quickly after depositing them, uncomfortable with the amount of eyes on the pair.

Amun is next, and he gives the man a palm sized wooden fox figurine with a grinning snout, his own grin rather close as he hands it off. "Cuz ya call me Swift," he explains. Though it's his own nickname, he'd thought it would match the man's mischievous nature, and would sappily tie them together. Nate receives a simply designed wooden journal that he had painted a tree on in the Guild, which had been much harder to create, but Rexanna had helped him make the binding and the paper. "For your doctor-y notes!" That had taken a bit of investigation to figure out, but once he'd seen the old notice on the town Board, he'd realized Nate was some sort of medicine guy. Which really just equates to doctor in his brain no matter what. He had used a lot of the wood they'd harvested together to make these gifts, and he smiles at the man and hopes he knows that his assistance had made them possible that day.

Feeling bad that he hadn't gotten anything for the others even though he doesn't really know them, he retreats to Wessex's side, ears sharp as she has asked of him now that there are strangers in their midst. Wondering why they were invited, why they had invaded, and feeling distinctly less celebratory in the wake of his suspicion.

Table Code by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Clem is probably too far away for her to hear his reply, but Wessex doesn’t worry yet - she’s sure he’ll appear eventually - vaguely remembering what it was like to be a teenager and how easy it was to get lost in activities or distracted, or even just any excuse to avoid an event she didn’t want to attend.

The demi-god is about to turn and investigate the new kids when Loren opens his mouth. There’s a brief moment of hesitation as she wonders whether she should bother to engage and then, as per usual, decides fuck it, he’s the interloper in this little gathering. “Adding liar to your long list of faults?” she shoots back. “I’m surprised someone with such moral superiority is ok with that.” A scoff before she, too, is turning around and back to the new woman. Nate beats her to some kind of explanation, however, and as Wessex steps up alongside the doctor (knowing nothing of his separation from Sam - and quite frankly, she wouldn’t give a flying fuck about their problems unless it caused trouble for the family) she settles for an introduction.

Extending her hand for a shake, the blonde nods. “There are so few of us, it’s easier to think of the group that way. And our Lady encourages supporting each other and working together. I’m Wessex. When did you arrive?”

She’s momentarily distracted by Clem’s arrival, breaking into a rare, wide smile at the sight of the kid. Not expecting anything from, well, anyone, she’s surprised when he offers her a carved brooch. She stares. Her heart melts all over again. And by the time he’s returned, she’s managed to pin it to her clothing in a place of honor, over her electric heart. “Some new members of the family. And that’s Neron, leader of Halo,” she points to the man talking to Rex and Bastien. Loren he knows.

the Firebrand

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Unsurprisingly, Wessex rose to Loren's baiting. Letting out a huff of laughter, he grinned a bit lazily at her. ”Sure. I never claimed to be perfect, unlike some people here.” The implication of who, exactly, he was thinking of was clear (spoiler alert: it was her).

Raising his eyebrows at her next comment, he cocked his head to one side.  ”And I’m surprised you’re willing to admit my superiority out loud. Thanks for finally acknowledging it.” His grin turned into a smirk, more than happy to continue lobbing insults until she eventually gave up.

Then some kid ran into the clearing and starting handing out presents like crazy. Taking another pull from his bottle, Loren called out when Wessex finished responding to the boy's question. "What, no introduction for me?"
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Had she actually ever claimed such a thing? Nope. But if that’s the best he can throw at her, he’s got a long way to go. Instead of addressing Loren, she turns to the Warden, implying that the other Launceleyn is no longer worth her time. “Might want to be careful where you take this one, Warden. He has a nasty habit of thinking people want his opinion and then destroying relationships by opening his mouth.” Sliding her gaze slowly back to Loren, she admonishes him like she might a child. “Now hush, Loren. Your betters are talking.”

the Firebrand

Change author:
"Better than destroying relationships by murdering people." Loren cocked his head to one side. "Isn't that why we're having this party here, instead of the Greatwood? Because you killed some Fae and then wouldn't admit to your wrongdoing in the matter? And that got your precious Ascended family banned?" His tone was almost cheerful.

He made a big show of looking around the clearing, cupping his ears, before he finally returned his gaze to Wessex. ”Where? I don’t hear anyone but you.” Leaning forward, he smirked. ”If you want me to hush you’re going to have to do a lot better than that.” His eyes flashed with mischief and his words practically dripped with scorn. ”Make me.” The challenge was clear.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
REXANNA
golden child, lion girl —
tell me what it’s like to conquer.
Zidane accepts his gift, and Rexanna nods to him with a bright smile, tucking the fireflies away in a safe place to bring back to the Guild, before going to greet Neron and Loren and exchange the gifts with them beside her husband. Introductions are given, gifts are exchanged, and she keeps the necklace in an easy place to reach.

The edge to Loren’s voice goes missed, and she focuses on Bastien with a light smile. “No, not king.” And she looks over toward Neron with a smirk. “Consort in a way.” She winks, before wrapping an arm around Bastien to settle in with the crowd. Clem arrives and gives his gifts, and Rexanna grins brightly to him, reaching to embrace the boy with a bright hug and a kiss to his cheek.

So thoughtful as always, sweetheart.” She hums to him, ruffling his hair and taking the gift before he scampers away before she can give him her own gift. Perhaps once it dies down a bit she can seek him out and give him her part. But then, then, the bickering between Loren and Wessex begins. She ignores it momentarily…

And then it devolves, and Rexanna sighs, facing her palm up and shooting a firework above the crowd to distract everyone else as it explodes and cascades golden red hues around the party. Her gaze flits to Loren first, a sickly sweet smile along her face. “Seeing as this is my event…” She begins, turning her attention toward her sister next. “If there’s a conversation to be had, it can be held elsewhere.” Her gaze shifts back toward Loren with a fair amount more seriousness. “But it will not be done here.” The look seems to suggest that she’s not willing to negotiate. Either they stay and keep their comments to themselves, or they can leave.
fearless child, broken girl —
tell me what it’s like to burn.
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Age: 58 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305
ZIDANE
Zidane heard what was going on around him with a bit of annoyance, maybe this was a solid reason to why he mostly kept to himself? Quibbling and provoking other Ascendeds at a party that was meant to be a GOOD thing. This made him lean his head on his one hand as the screaming started to overtake his head once again, those screams of his family getting killed that seamed to love to appear during the slightest disagreements, raising of sounds and crowds. It was indeed annoying in many ways.

Who was this boy even? Zidane piercing eyes looked up at the scene again without recognizing Loren were he stood in that cocky manner, trying to start a fight. Normally Zidane would simply ignore the whole deal and go back to his own thoughts but not this time. "is this nececcery at a celebration? Just stop it."
Don't mind me, I'm just marking my territory
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
As the firework exploded, Loren glanced up at it. Then he turned his gaze to the Queen. He smirked at Rexanna’s intervention.

Standing up from where he sat next to Sam, the healer took a long pull from the bottle he held. "So sorry, Rex. Wouldn't want to interrupt the festivities." Bending down, he swiped the second bottle from the ground.

Sparing a look for the strange man who spoke up, the healer raised his eyebrows. "Gladly." His eyes trailed over to Rexanna again. "Enjoy the rest of your event, friend." With that, he began stumbling away.

He tossed a look over his shoulder at Neron as he did. "Don't worry, I'll get home safely." Taking another long drink from the bottle, he kept walking, fully planning on leaving the party unless stopped.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Wessex laughs. “So drunk you can’t even remember events correctly.” Because she had owned up to it. Said she was wrong and sorry, and it had never mattered anyway, Delah was hell bent on consequences. Her eyes light up. He asked for a way to shut him up, so - “Better than killing children. Didn’t you try to lecture me on that, once?” She’s referring, of course, to Aoife. And Pheobe’s nephews. The irony of the lecture about treating children right and then having them die in the mud he couldn’t stop isn’t lost on the Wraith. And while his tone may be cheerful and mocking, there’s nothing but pity and derision in her eyes.

There was only one man in the Ground who had the kind of magic for an ice wall at that time.

At least he’s leaving. Shame is that this all could have been avoided if he’d just kept his mouth shut. Don’t poke the bear and the bear won’t roar. Half expecting a magical retaliation for that last comment, she keeps an eye on Loren till he’s gone.

the Firebrand

Change author:
At Wessex's final jab, Loren halted in his tracks. For a moment, he just stood there. Then, expression darkening, he turned back to face the Wraith, murder in his eyes. Raising his free hand he pointed an accusatory finger at her. "Unlike you, I don't project my worst qualities onto other people." He practically spat the words out.

Lowering his arm, he took a swig from the bottle. "So let's make one thing very clear. Unlike you, I've never threatened children. And I didn't kill them, and you're a monster for even suggesting it." His voice was positively icy.

Narrowing his eyes, he tilted his head to the side. "But if you want to continue this conversation, let's do as Rexanna suggested and go hash this out elsewhere." His eyes glittered eagerly, almost as if he was hankering for a fight. Still, he turned to head off again.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!