empires on fire
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
i want to teach you a lesson in the worst kind of way
still i'd trade all my tomorrows,
It’s been awhile since the council had been chosen, and with it Fiat Lux had occurred, relations with Neron during Longheat had occurred… And it was quite a lot of things that Rexanna hadn’t had time to officially do. But today? Today she manages to set aside a bit of time, focusing on the tasks at hand and her council, choosing to host it in her own home. She has to tell the rest of them of Amalia’s thoughts, what she’d agreed to, and with it she sends out letters to her council asking her to meet at the Artist’s Sanctuary the following day at noon.

Not to be unprepared, however, the room has been cleaned up, art and knickknacks on the walls, a table set out with drink and food as well. She might not need it, but it might be a nice gesture anyway for the rest of the gathering that arrives. And with it, she waits for them all to arrive, dressed in a light gold blouse, airy and easy to move in, black pants, and boots of course – the gifts she’d received from the Fae festival were sprinkled about the room, as well as Delah's note right in the middle, the hint of frustration lingering on her face at it.

Council meeting with Jigano Amalia Samuel Phoebe Deimos <3
for just one yesterday
the
PeNuMBRA
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Ask and ye shall receive. It hadn't been all that long ago that he and Sam had met to discuss many things, including their new positions within the government and what they entailed. They had also wondered when the government would be meeting to see about doing some actual governing, and Rexanna's ears must have been burning, for here they were.

The bard arrived a few minutes early, Isuma perched on his shoulder, and he gave Rex a smile as he slipped in the door, careful to close it quickly behind him to minimize the amount of sunlight coming into the room. He looked around to see what had changed since the last time he'd been in, making flower wreaths and crowns for Fiat Lux with Bastien...

A memory he shook away before it could lead to the inevitable conclusion of pain and death and trauma. "Hello, my Queen," he offered teasingly as Isuma launched herself from his shoulder with a happy reep! to greet her old friend. "How have you been?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

On top of everything else, there was the council to consider. Deimos hadn’t complained of any lack of meetings – his hatred and abhorrence of them long since established in Helovia, and he didn’t quite look upon them fondly now. Between acquiring healings measures for Amalia, hunting for dragons in Halo, training anyone who wished for it within the barracks, and the Artisan’s guild inclinations, his list of responsibilities had grown and prospered – and now there would be other things to consider once this forum got underway.

He didn’t come empty-handed, a few papers rolled up of sketches and diagrams, potential defenses he’d had in mind for just-in-case methods, and more to take notes upon. Upon entering the Artist’s Sanctuary, the General offered a nod towards Jigano (a level of uncertainty plaguing him again), gaze maneuvering to Rexanna, reticent features turning to the fringes of a smile, another nod extended to her, before taking a seat.

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
Sam had never been in the Artist's Sanctuary except for his one time after Nate's betrayal, and then he had hardly been paying attention to the building itself - this time, entering in a slower, calmer mood, he was more prepared, carrying a notebook and a pen. While he wasn't sure what to expect from the council meeting, he found himself a little excited.

"Hello everyone." He greeted quietly as he walked in, nodding to each of the members in turn. Sam chose to sit by a table so he had somewhere to rest his books, ready to discuss whatever it was Rexanna had ready for them.
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Phoebe didn't go out unless she absolutely had to lately. Today happened to be one of those days. She pulled herself together, focusing on making sure she looked presentable, professional, mature, worthy of being taken seriously at a table of people much older than she. It was hard, wanting nothing more than to lay in bed and hide and do nothing at all, and her unhealthy weightloss far too difficult to hide. But she had agreed to this roll, and now it was time to act on that promise.

Why did she always promise to do so much?

She arrived...perhaps not the last one but close to it. The Dean kept her eyes forward, expression set firmly expressionless, her usual warmth and energy utterly lacking. But she was there. Couldn't that be enough? She took a seat quietly, nodding to those already gathered. Placing her notebook and pen on the table, she waited for things to begin.
loving you was the most exquisite
form of self destruction
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Amalia arrives late, flying in and landing awkwardly on a chair beside Deimos. She is still early in the process of healing, so it is a strange thing as she shifts her body, trying to adjust legs and limbs that do not easily move into a comfortable sitting position before glancing around at the assembled.

After her conversation with Rexanna she is not entirely clear on what to expect. She'd never planned to join a council, to ask for power or demand responsibility: yet here she is, after practically ordering Rexanna to make her second in command. For now she sits silently, waiting for their new Queen to take her court and utterly lost for what to expect.
you are slowly growing
but you are still growing
and that is enough
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
As everyone filters in, Rexanna’s green gaze flits to greet everyone. And finally, with the addition of Amalia, a warm smile is given to the woman. “Thanks for coming. Sorry it’s taken so long.” She manages, shifting in her seat a small amount to stand. “So I’ll get to the gist of it quickly to not take up more of your time.” Her gaze dances between her council.

I’ve talked to Amalia, and we’ve agreed to give her a somewhat higher position than before. I imagine it’s generally wanted… So instead of her being the historian I plan to make her my Hand.” Her eyes drift back to Amalia briefly before looking to Jigano and Samuel. “Which means that the duties of the historian could perhaps fit in with the outlander and natural advisor positions and you two can work together?” She muses, offering them a soft fanged smile.

I’ve met with Neron and there are agreements in place that he will help us during the fire season, in turn id like to try and supply them with more food. Perhaps we can reach out to the Greatwood Fae for some of their soil to replenish our own and grow some other crops to help our people as well as give some to Neron for the help.” Her gaze flits to all of them but finally lands on Phoebe with a small smile.

But then the next matter takes hold. “Deimos, I’ll also need to try and figure out a way to prevent the Ascended from entering the Greatwood still.” Her gaze flits to Sam then. “And you and I need to talk to our family about it.” She hands them the note from Delah, head tilting slightly to wait until they’ve passed it around to read it.
for just one yesterday
the
PeNuMBRA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

He listened in silence, ever the stronghold of quiet platitudes, taking everything in before rendering anything else. He did manage to pierce the shell of his otherwise nonchalant gaze with an arch to his brow, a devilish accord and amusement sent via attuned bond, towards Amalia – who’d apparently garnered for a higher position.

The other things in place made sense. He wasn’t certain of the Fae willing to lend a hand, especially with their inclinations towards absolute hatred of the Ascended, tilting his head for a moment in thought. “Perhaps we should offer the Fae something in exchange as well.” Maybe they’d refuse outright, but it would be more of a deal, trade, instead of asking them with no intention of returning the favor. It would only fuel animosity, entangle further hostilities already there.

Which led into the next vision and Delah’s thoughts; understandable, given everything that happened, occurred, along the Mathair. He nodded, already jotting down several notes. “We could ask Delah too.” The Sword would rather hold them all to the same accountable degrees, than risk their Outlander tendencies in stepping into wards and wires they had no place within. His first machination was towards fire; a known weakness of the Ascended, but other things would have to be in place. The prison was always available too, as a resort, for those who failed to recognize the statutes.

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He wasn't excited about the term 'Hand' - it was Zariah's term, he seemed to recall, and Edrei had been associated with it as an enforcer, but he didn't want to rock the boat so soon. Besides, he was glad that Amalia would be stepping in as the second in command, and he sent her a pulse of warm congratulations along the Attuned bond as he smiled.

The suggestion that he and Sam work together as historians earned a broader grin as he glanced to his ginger friend with an easy nod. "It fits in well with what we already do," he agreed. "I've been working on putting together a history as I've learned it, but it's getting to the point where I should clean it up and make it more readily available to others, even as we add to it. There's still so much we don't know..." He shrugged wryly, everyone in the room knowing that already.

The mention of food and good soil was met with another nod and his smile turned more wry. "Loren already made a start on that in Flowerbirth. We worked on enriching some of the Fields - Deimos was there," he nodded to the General. "Creating irrigation systems, setting up windbreaks, and the like. My magic allows me to do so to the soil directly as well, if we have small areas of particular importance you'd like to focus on." He'd already done so with the earth on Rory's farm and Abasi's mortuary yard... not that it was needed any longer.

"It might be easier than asking the Fae... Delah, at least, seems to think they don't need anything we have." He grimaced faintly, nodding to Deimos's point. "Our last attempt to open trade with them ended... rather poorly, from what I heard. But we can still try to find something they might want." What that could be, he had only a slight hope, but he slanted a glance to Amalia. "Maybe something like stories, songs, books...?" He'd spoken to some of the Fae about Safrin's library and they'd seemed eager to learn more. Tarasha had even offered to trade books from the Undercroft, though how well that would go over with Delah he didn't know, and they were Amalia's books to dispose of, not his.

As to the matter of the Ascended... "Wessex teleported to the Mathair earlier this season," he said grimly. "The Fae shot her, but she teleported away again before they could finish the job. How you're going to keep out someone who can move like that..." he shrugged, but he didn't envy Rex the weight of trying rein in the Voice's pet demigod.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Phoebe remained silent through most of the discussion and introduction. It was no surprise to her that Amalia had wished for a greater role. She had taken on the burden of being the singular voice for the Natural people. Of course she would wish for more sway when an Outlander had been named queen.

Reaching out to the Fae though? For dirt? "We have repeatedly broken the trust of the Fae. Ascended continue to ignore their sanctity by trespassing on their lands and attending their festivals. We have done little to nothing to aid them, and only brought them difficulty. Seeking their help is foolish." she said a bit bluntly, though without much force. "Jigano can enrich the soil overtime as he mentioned. I can also speak with Frey. They have ways of ensuring healthy crops and growth as well. They would be more willing to aid us than the Fae." she said, at least offering some solution to the potential problem of gaining aid from their neighbors.
loving you was the most exquisite
form of self destruction
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Hearing that Amalia had been made the second in command made Sam raise his eyebrows in surprise, one question immediately coming to mind: why? Not that he doubted his sister's competence, but he was curious to know Rexanna's reasoning as to why she had been deemed more valuable than the rest of them. Thinking it unwise to ask now, he decided to meet with the Queen later with his questions.

He was happy to take on the role of historian and as Jigano said, it was already tied in with many of their tasks anyway. "I have been undertaking history projects for the Hollowed Ground for years. I am sure me and Jigano can manage the load." Honestly, he felt happier knowing that Amalia wouldn't be coming in to take over his many chronicling projects and books; Jigano at least he trusted to do it right from their time together in the Loreseekers.

Matters of soil went over his head, especially when there was something more pertinent to his family at hand. He took the note and read it with a frown. Yes, he'd been in the Greatwood too, but...well. There were advantages to being invisible, and he wasn't about to admit to anything. No harm had been done in addition to what was already there. "It...might be worth seeing if we can speak to The Voice about it first. I will discuss that with you later, in private..?" He looked up to Rexanna, hoping she'd understand his unwillingness to discuss their Goddess in the company of non-Ascended.
SAMuEL
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
She listens quietly to the discussion about soil enrichment and growing crops, already feeling woefully out of her depth. One thing she does know about, though: the Fae. "Delah won't help us," Amalia asserts firmly, nodding agreement with Jigano and Phoebe. "Especially after the Blight." Amalia's tone suggests she doesn't judge the warchief for this decision at all.

And then there's Sam. Amalia can't help it: she bristles at the idea of secret discussions around the Voice eyes narrowing in suspicion. "What do you want to ask the Voice, that you can't tell the rest of us?" They may be siblings, but the Shield agreed to join the council for jus this reason: to keep the Voice in check. "If we're going to make decisions about the future of the Hollowed Grounds they should be made collectively, Sam. No secrets. Otherwise what's the point of a council?"
you are slowly growing
but you are still growing
and that is enough
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Amalia's immediate suspicion made him sigh; Sam supposed he should have expected it. Turning to her, he tried to adopt the calmest and most diplomatic tone of voice he could. "It's not that I'm hiding anything. It's just that...well, with any family, there's ways you put things and people you choose to speak to others, right? It's just...things like that. I was wondering if we could get The Voice to help us speak directly to the other Ascended, if we could make her understand how important it is they don't go to the Greatwood so she could help." Hopefully that would make it clear.

"I agree that we should not keep things from each other. I apologise. Next time I'll be sure to lay out what I mean. But truthfully...it's just that I thought no one else would want to hear me talk about the various interpersonal relationships of our Ascended family. They're...just as boring as anyone elses." Not everything they did had to be part of a big plan.
SAMuEL
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
They all go back and forth, and Rexanna settles back and listens. Her verdant gaze flickering from person to person when they speak, landing on Jigano as he mentions that Wessex had teleported to the Mathair. A quiet sigh leaving her, despite it being unnecessary. Not sure what to do about it in the long run. But with Phoebe’s bluntness and the true issue being that there weren’t consequences for it certainly didn’t help.

Her gaze flickers back toward Deimos briefly. “Perhaps we should clean up the prisons. Those that are found to have trespassed after this will spend time there.” A raised brow, a show that even if she is Ascended as well, that didn’t mean that they could blatantly go and break the rules just because they could.

She finds Sam’s gaze, listening as he suggests speaking in private with the Voice. But Amalia’s quick to add in her own voice, toward the edge of the conversation between the Voice and the rest of them, and Rexanna finds herself frowning slightly as she returns her gaze to Sam. “I think that there are some things the Voice can help with, but for something like this… Perhaps we should only go as a last resort. After a vote, of course. Let’s extinguish all the other options before opening it up.” The look she gives to Sam seems to suggest that now is the time to get them all comfortable with the Ascended, rather than stepping over toes.

So after a few moments of silence after that, she goes to stand. “We’ll need to work on LongNight as well. For now, lets focus on this and see how it goes. When it gets closer to LongNight we’ll deal with that too.” She offers, a smaller smile to that and a nod of thanks to them all – ready to have questions sent her way.

Just finding a way to wrap it up since it’s gone on for a while! Feel free to add in a wrap up post if youd like to <3
for just one yesterday
the
PeNuMBRA