Personal Quest all Hels broke loose
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Eventually, Amun had figured out that Hels were gulls that were apparently native to Torchline. He wasn’t quite sure exactly why The Voice needed them for the boat, but he obviously wasn’t in the habit of questioning his goddess. So, he'd sent out notes to all his fellow Ascended, asking them to meet him in Torchline after dark.

Then he'd prepared what he thought they might need for the hunt. He'd been told to capture the Hels, so he figured that meant alive and not dead. However, given that they were in the sky, he had little idea how, exactly to get them to the ground.

However, assuming they were like regular gulls, he had a few ideas. So yes, he'd stockpiled a bow and arrows and a spear. But he'd also brought nets, thinking they could try to toss them over. Finally, he'd brought bread and fish, figuring he could try tempt them down with treats as well as a more physical approach.

There was also a cage, which he figured he could toss the damn birds in when they finally caught them. And now he just waited to see which, if any, of his family might show up to this.

This is an Ascended only PQ! There are four open spots.

1. Wessex
2. Zidane
3. Samuel
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
Wessex had said she would show up to help her third-favorite sibling get his precious boat (because they can’t all be so fortunate as to be able to teleport), so she does. Because that’s who the demi god is and what she does. Assuming that Amun would have everything thing they need or else she could go steal something once they determine their course of action, the pale Wraith arrives empty handed and on foot, save for her buoyant spirit.

A change, to say the least.

“So,” she says brightly. “Catch some birds. Get a boat. Let’s do this.”
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Age: 57 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305
ZIDANE
Zidane had decided to join in since he was a man of his words and had promised Amun to get more involved with everything really by now. He came walking, unnecessarily well dressed for such a venture but then again; he wasn't well known for dressing like "crap". Colorations for the day was solid black, black as the darkest LongNight.

He saw Amun and Wessex come up closer in his field of vision and well there he raised a hand as a greeting with a small smirk on his lips. He had yet to get comfortable with anyone at all then Amun but he was working on it however. "Reporting for duty!"
Don't mind me, I'm just marking my territory
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
You learn to stand alone at last
So brave, and bold, and strong, and stout
With his reluctance to help The Voice explore Torchline due to Remi's presence, Sam had been feeling a little guilty, hence his small trips to visit the coastal region. The chance to help Amun and therefore actually prove some use to the Voice and his family was a promising one, so when he'd heard of the mission, he'd readily agreed. He did not have the best offensive capabilities, but he hoped to be able to help regardless.

As he arrived he was glad to see Amun had brought bows for them, as he had no weapons of his own, though he did suddenly become aware upon seeing them that they would be having to kill the Hels - he already knew that, but seeing the reality was a different, squeamish thing.

Steeling himself he walked forward to greet Amun and Wessex. "Hello. I hope we have some luck." Politely he smiled, glad Amun had organised this for after dark so he did not have to wrap up in various ridiculous layers.
You learn somehow to like the dark, even love the doubt
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
RExANNA
the penumbra
She’s a bit late to the party, but already there’s a grin along her face. She knows everyone there, Zidane – perhaps not as much as the rest of them – but they’re all familiar faces. She trots up to greet them, a swift jog to catch up with her hair tied back and a couple of nets she’s brought with her just on the off chance they might need them – though it seems Amun has that part covered. “Sorry I’m late!” She chimes as she arrives.

She sides up next to Sam, edging her elbow out to try and tap the Ascended with a soft smile as she pulls her hood down – enjoying the night of Torchline just as much as the day. “So, might be a bit dark of a question, but do the Hels need to be alive for this?” She asks, her head tilting toward the group as she waits for a response – wondering if she could get some target practice in.
don't get cut on my edges
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Amun’s grin brightened each time one of his fellow Ascended showed up: Wessex and Zidane were expected, but Samuel and Rexanna were honestly surprises (though pleasant ones). Nodding at each as they arrived, he waited until there were five before speaking. ”Thanks for coming, everyone. I really appreciate it.”

Then he grinned at the current queen of the Hollowed Ground’s. ”Not dark at all. I thought of it myself.” He gestured at the various lethal and nonlethal tools he’d brought. ”The Voice said capture a few, so I assume we need three living Hels. Worst case we can always kill them.” Nodding decisively he picked up some bread, which he broke into small pieces.

However, a smirk crossed his lips. ”However, alive doesn’t mean whole or uninjured, now, does it? So do whatever you think makes the most sense.” With that, he held out his hands, now filled with crumbs, and went completely still in the way on Ascended could.

No post order! Please state what your character does to attract or bring down a Hel at the bottom of your next post.

Coding base by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
RExANNA
the penumbra
Her gaze follows Amun’s as he answers her question – looking to the nonlethal items he’d brought. Traps and nets of sorts, and she understands. Her brows lift as she focuses on him grabbing the bread and breaking it into smaller pieces to hold within his hands, a smirk crossing the potter’s lips. And somehow, it ignites some of the excitement within her as she drifts a bit further away from him and her family to look up at the Hels spiraling above. "Alright, understood!"

Perhaps… She doesn’t need to directly hit the birds. Perhaps she could simply stun them and bring them down?

She attempts this, palms facing up as she shoots a firework into the air, hoping that the sound of it exploding or the blinding light from this distance might be enough to bring one or two down – shocked to where she can pull the birds into a cage for her brother.

Rexanna shoots a large firework up toward the Hels to try and stun them and bring them to the ground!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Sam smiled at Amun, glad that he could be there to help...but had no idea what he could do to attract any of the birds. He'd never really been a big wildlife fan, usually ran away from wild animals...for a moment Sam just stared up at the birds as if hoping to make them feel sorry for him, but then he jumped back as Rex shot up at them with a firework. Feeling there had to be a more peaceful way than that, he looked around for options.

Going to grab some of the bread (he didn't want to touch the wet fish with his bare hands) Sam turned himself invisible, hoping that the lack of a human face might encourage the birds to come down faster, then held the bread up high, staying still like Amun and waiting.

---
Sam goes invisible and holds up some bread~
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Ah, so that’s what they need. Well… that puts a bit of a damper on things. Her expertise isn’t really in keeping things alive, is it? Chewing at the inside of her mouth for a moment, Wessex examines her abilities and comes to settle on the biopulse. Waiting until the others have decided whta they’ll do, the Wraith settles herself in between Amun and Samuel (assuming that they’re within thirty feet of each other) and waits for the birds to come for the bread. She goes as still as a statue, waiting for one or two to come within firing distance, so she can stun them in to submission.

--------------
Wessex puts herself between Amun and Sam so she can biopulse/stun the Hels that come for the bread.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun flinched away from the firework that Rexanna set off. However, his flinch wasn't enough to deter the Hel that had landed in his hands to nibble happily at his breadcrumbs. Sam, unfortunately, didn't have nearly as much luck, perhaps because bread floating randomly in the air was a bit much even for the dumb birds to trust.

Wessex's biopulse stunned the Hel that Amun had coaxed down, just as another Hel crashed to the ground, stunned by Rexanna's magic. Already the birds were recovering, squawking angrily. The rest of the flock, noticing their fallen comrades, also went crazy, flying in erratic arcs through the air, making it much harder to target them or convince them to come to the ground.

The team would have to move quickly to try and get the fallen Hels into the cage Amun had brought for this very purpose before they flew off. "I got this one! Someone else grab the other one." With that, the potter swooped down to try and grab the Hel and put it in the cage.

Amun tries to stuff the Hel Wessex had stunned in the cage.

Amun succeeded in attracting a Hel!
Rexanna succeeded in knocking a Hel onto the ground. It is trying to recover.
Sam failed to attract a Hel.
Wessex succeeded in stunning the Hel Amun coaxed down.

No post order!

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
His bread failed to attract any of the Hels and Sam felt a little insulted (also irritated - the last time he'd done a quest with his Ascended family, he'd had no luck there either. Was he cursed?). Making himself visible and quietly lowering the bread he watched everyone else work, trying to see an opportunity to be useful.

Amun called out for someone to grab the other Hel so Sam sprung into action, running as quickly as he could over to the bird and grabbing it with both hands, hoping to quickly throw it into the cage. While he was anxious (holding the bird out at arms length and maybe making a high-pitched noise) he hoped to be able to at least get it away for everyone else.

--
Sam goes to grab the other bird~
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
So that’s one and two - Amun’s and Rexanna’s - and as the birds begin to squawk about and Sam goes for the stunned one, Wessex quickly steps back to allow them room to do their thing. Remembering the stockpile of tools, she reaches for the bow and arrow (not hers, oops) and nocks an arrow, raising the weapon towards the ridiculous things. Trying to aim for a wing, the Wraith waits until one of them seems to be on a less erratic path and lets loose, hoping to bring it down.

----------
W takes the bow and arrow and aims at a Hels' wing to bring it down.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RExANNA
the penumbra
Working with the group, she notices as Amun and Sam dive for the two that had been stunned. She steps a small amount away, trying to distance herself a small amount and watches as Wessex knocks an arrow into a bow to try and bring down a wing, and Rexanna focuses on the birds as well, aiming a palm up to try and focus on stunning them again. This time, she sends up a relatively small one, hoping the flash of light and the smaller bang might not harm the creatures but confuse them enough to let them drop to the ground once again.

Rex sends up a small firework to try and blind/stun them again!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
– NATE –
Normally, there was very little Nate came across in his nocturnal walks that he would consider unusual. He’d gotten used to the flow of things. When the sound of fireworks reached him, familiar, yet not for here, what else was he supposed to do but follow the sound?

Nate’s approach was cautious, at least until he was close enough to see what was going on, to look over the familiar group. A grin spread over his face as he watched his fellow ascended for a moment, struggling with birds, of all things. He approached after a beat, offering each of them a nod of greeting, even Sam, before speaking. ”Did my invitation get lost? What are we doing?” There was no question that he would help, though his words were more directed towards Amun, a vague memory of the potter saying something about birds for his boat.
I’m in trouble for the things I haven’t got to yet
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3