we could find new ways to fall apart
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
(Takes place before {God Quest} that's the story to tell)

Loren was, unsurprisingly, in a bar, at the bar itself. However, what was surprising was that the drink in front of him looked untouched. As was normal for him these days, he looked like shit: though the clothes he wore were fine enough, they were rumpled, his eyes were bloodshot and there were dark circles under them, and overall he looked exhausted and wrung out.

Ignoring the rest of the patrons as they came and went, the healer just stared into the depths of his mug. Indeed, he looked more like a statue than a man at the moment. His fingers were white-knuckled where they gripped the mug, and his shoulders were tense.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
don't you know i'm no good for you?
Typically he stays at the Tavern in Snowcloak, but he’d walked Maea back to the Citadel for her classes before he figures out a way to return, to make the offerings for the shrine and to rebuild it. And yet… He hasn’t quite left yet, needing a drink and some time to warm up before making the trek back – even despite his moods. Things had gone to shit and he was still coming to terms with what happened as he steps into the bar, glancing around.

Of course, he should have expected to find Loren here. But regardless, misery loves company, right? He huffs a quiet sigh, stepping through the crowds that had formed for warmth and what they could get for drink here, to sit beside Loren at the bar, asking quietly, tiredly, for a drink. He glances to Loren briefly before focusing on the mug that gets slid to him. “You look about as good as I do.” He says somewhat hoarsely, exhausted, lifting the mug to his lips.
i've learned to lose, you can't afford to
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
what stays, let it stay
As Sunjata approached, Loren glanced up from his mug. Almost immediately, he returned to its careful study of its contents. "Yeah, well, it's been shitty recently. So I imagine I feel worse." Spinning the mug idly between his hands, he sighed, not really in the challenging or taunting mood he often found himself in around the bartender. "More so than usual." The words came out quietly and had a slightly guilty edge to them.

Indeed, he studiously did not look at the other man. "So. What's your latest catastrophe?" The Launceleyn's voice was bitter, and he squeezed his eyes shut so that Sunjata couldn't see just how dead they were.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
A huff of a sound leaves Sunjata as he puts the mug down onto the top of the bar, reaching up to rub a hand along his forehead, pressing down at his temple as he shakes his head somewhat. “Yeah, it has been.” He agrees quietly, defeated, trying to push the thoughts away from the forefront of his mind. He fails, in the long run. But at least he’s tried.

When Loren turns to look at him and questions him of his latest catastrophe, it takes every inch of him to refrain from flinching at the question. “I’d... rather not talk about it.” He offers quietly, looking away from the summoner to the mug on the table once more, jaw clenching ever so slightly. He doesn’t know what exactly to say, knowing that Peter had been a part of Loren’s family. He sighs heavily and runs his thumb along the side of the mug.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Loren finally looked up and over as he gave Sunjata an unimpressed look. "Really? Because last I checked you were free from Phoebe and had Maea ready to follow you to the ends of Caido." Letting out a huff of laughter, the healer shook his head. "Whereas the man I love burned to death as I stood right next to him." Still, there was something in the bartender's demeanor that caused the Launceleyn to study the other man's features.

As Sunjata refused to answer the question, Loren's eyes narrowed. Turning so he could lean one elbow on the bar, he frowned. "That bad, huh? What, Maea, finally broke up with you?" Smirking a little, he traced a finger on the rim of his mug.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Somehow, despite the comments from Loren, Sunjata can’t find it in him to care that much about it all. And when he mentions that he stood right next to the man he loved as he burned to death, Sunjata's jaw clenches. “Been there before.” And he had, when his father had slit Lusea’s throat, how he held her as she died and covered himself and the marble floor in rivers of ruby red. He sighs, however, not wanting it to be some sort of competition at how shitty their lives had been, before Loren’s gaze turns on him more fully.

The question receives a shake of his head. “No.” He says shortly at first, taking a deep enough drink of the mug to down the contents before sliding it forward for a refill. “Something along the lines of getting my two best friends killed.” It’s a half mumble, and he turns to look at Loren – that same pain reflecting in his eyes, narrowing on the summoner. "So yeah, pretty shitty."
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Opening his mouth to make another snarky comment, Loren hesitated. He stared at Sunjata. Finally, the healer sighed, and turned away again. "That you have." There was something bitter and broken about the statement.

However, his gaze was drawn back to the bartender as he responded that he and Maea were still going strong. It was the next statement, the comment about two dead friends that caused the Launceleyn to rock back a little as if slapped. "What? Who? How?" It came out as a demand. It occurred to him in that moment how little he knew about the other man. Still Loren stared at Sunjata, unblinking and slightly unnerving.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He’s not feeling like arguing with Loren should the man fight him back on the comment he’s made. But with it, he finds no fight within him to deal with it. So he lets it drop as Loren does as well, focusing on the second half of the conversation, jaw clenching, staring at the mug beneath his hand. After a few moments, he lifts both hands to his face, rubbing at his temples before he sighs, refusing to look at Loren.

I shouldn’t have asked them to come if I knew what would happen.” It’s unclear if its said for himself, or if he wants Loren to hear it. He swallows hard, focuses his attention on the summoner once more though his gaze is bleak, quiet, tired. “Went to get the dragon for Safrin and things didn’t… Go right.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Waiting weirdly patiently (though it was more the patience of a hunter waiting for his prey than anything else) Loren simply gazed at Sunjata. The healer was willing to remain quiet as long as it took for the bartender to explain whatever it was that was on his mind. Thankfully, the Launceleyn didn't have to wait long.

However, he found himself frowning as he was left with more questions than answers. "Asked who to go with you?" Letting go of the mug, he leaned forward, an intense expression on his face. "Dragon? Safrin? Sunjata, what are you talking about. What happened?" He sank every ounce of command that he'd ever had into those last two words.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Question after question that Sunjata isn’t prepared to answer, doesn’t know how to answer… Things begin to fall apart within him, fracturing again and again until there’s nothing left. He inhales a shuddering breath, leaning away from the summoner as he leans in, Sunjata finds his gaze slipping back toward Loren despite the pain with it.

Safrin gave me a quest to rebuild the Temple shrine. I needed a rare heart, so Deimos, Amalia… Peter and Adam went to go get one.” He exhales, pausing, takes another drink of the mug before he stares down at it. “And we found a dragon. Only… It killed Peter’s companion and Adam’s.” Coffee, Apricum, gone gone. “Knocked Peter out.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Unfortunately, whatever sympathy Loren might've once had, especially for Sunjata, had dried up long ago. The healer just stared relentlessly at the bartender, waiting to hear what the latest tragedy to strike had been. As the other man listed names that the Launceleyn knew, most of whom he liked more than Sunjata, Loren's jaw feathered with tension.

His eyes narrowed at the deaths, but companions, no matter how precious, wouldn't have caused this reaction in the bartender. At the mention of Peter being knocked unconscious, however, dread uncoiled in the healer's gut. "You found a dragon. And you...what happened next?" His tone was still quiet, and firm, but there was something almost reluctant about it.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Found the dragon… And what happened next? Well, tragedy happened next. Anger peaked and frustration and protectiveness came over everyone, and left them in that cave with the dragon, Coffee’s body used as an offering to build the shrine. He continues to stare at the mug, refusing to look at Loren, refusing to look anywhere but there.

Adam… He went to go get Peter, but he was pissed.” For good reason, seemed to go unsaid. A muscle feathers in Sunjata’s jaw. “Fucking shot the dragon with his gun.” He pauses here, trying to form the words, though his accent grows thicker, voice grows hoarser as his throat feels like it’s tightening. “They couldn’t get out of the way in time. We didn't even have a chance to get to them.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Loren swallowed as Sunjata continued. Reaching for the mug, the healer gripped it tightly, less needing a drink and more needing something to do with his hands. Eyes growing nervous as the bartender spoke, the Launceleyn's grip grew white knuckled once more.

Almost, he could picture it. The group, not knowing what they were facing. Peter, knocked out. Adam, frantic and as always, headstrong and a little bit dumb. Angering the dragon. Loren found tears springing to his eyes. "Peter...and Adam...they're...they're dead?" He found himself choking up, and he furiously blinked away tears.

Then he laughed, the sound hysterical. "They're dead. Peter's dead. Because you went after a dragon, and brought them along." Still laughing, a broken and hollow noise, the healer found himself tossing back his drink recklessly. "Of course. And here I was thinking it was...of course it's more death." He lay his head on the bar, unable to fully process the news. "You know, Maea asked me if I thought things could get any worse." There was a slightly deranged sound to the admission.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Yeah.” It’s a quiet response, that both of them are gone. But at least they had departed within each other’s arms… Even if it didn’t make it better in the long run. Despite Loren’s hollow laughter, disbelief, whatever it was, Sunjata continues to stare at the mug. Each bruise along his body vividly in mind. “It happened fast, Loren. The companions got too close to it, it woke up. Peter was on his companion’s back.” The muscle feathers in his jaw as Loren’s head lands on the top of the bar.

Of course it’s more death. When fucking isn’t it?” It comes out perhaps sharper than he intends, but Sunjata’s exhausted, emotionally, physically. Over everything at this moment. He downs the rest of his second drink before pinching the bridge of his nose, both elbows on the bar top. “We didn’t know.
SUNJATA