wasting time
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Amun had heard about some rather special tunnels in Torchline. Apparently, it was where the seedy underbelly of Torchline did its more clandestine business. Obviously, he'd immediately been intrigued, and had sent a note for Maea to meet him at one of the entrances.

Dressed in a loose shirt, shorts, and sandals, with a cutlass at his waist, he very much looked the picture of a native of this region. Only the fact that he lounged in the shade rather than the sun belied his true nature. Grinning lazily as he waited for his companion to show up, he hummed a sea shanty cheerfully.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
So, her brother found a shady place for shady people, and the first person he thought to bring was her. Maea wasn't sure she should be flattered or worried that her reputation was going to seed. Still, she showed up as he'd asked, wearing her designated 'adventure' garb of light shoes, leather breeches and a battered, torn shirt that really had seen better days. It was stained with sweat and curious red stains that hadn't quite washed out; she'd rolled the sleeves up to her elbows, and for once foregone the leather tunic.

She kept to the shadows as she picked her way over to Amun, a bemused smile on her face as she found him waiting.

"Now, what did we say about meeting in places like these?" she greeted with a mock scowl, and pushed the long braid of white hair back over the shoulder. "If you're looking for trouble, this is probably the best place to start, brother dearest."
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Amun gave Maea the most innocent look he could muster, though his eyes sparkled with mischief. "That they're the best place to have a good time?" Batting his eyelashes at her, he placed a hand over his heart. "Who me? I'm just a lost little lamb seeing where life takes me." His voice was cheerfully teasing.

Pushing off from the wall, he slung an arm across her shoulders. "It's good to see you again." Reaching up with his free hand, he ruffled her hair. "While I appreciate you meeting me, we don't have to go into the dark scary tunnels if you don't want to." Despite the playful tone and demeanor, he'd turn around in a heartbeat (that he didn't have) if she was uncomfortable.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
Slinging her arm around his back in a casual return of the gesture, she avenged her ruined hair by huffing a blow of air at his face, smile widening into a grin. "Good to see you too, lambsey" she laughed. "Now, while I appreciate your concern, do I really strike you as someone who's afraid of the dark?"

Maea did peer ahead into the tunnel opening though. While the shadows looming within wasn't a problem, she was a bit concerned about the kind of people they might come across inside. She had seen the kind of clientele that frequented The Hanged Man, and if rumors were anything to go by... they would not be happy to have just anyone lurking about their hideouts.

"Tell me again what you've heard of this place?" she asked him, just to make sure they had their stories straight.
I'm an angel bored like hell
And you're a devil meaning well
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
At Maea's nickname, Amun raised his eyebrows. "Lambsey, eh? How do you know I'm not just the big bad wolf, trying to lure you in." He poked her teasingly in the nose.

Smirking, he gave her a gentle squeeze before releasing her. "Mmhmm, absolutely. You look like someone who is terrified of the dark." His voice came out as cheerfully as always.

Glancing at the tunnel entrance, he began to lead them inside. At her question, he shrugged. "Not much, really. Simply that the smugglers around here use it to transport goods." He shot her a curious look. "How about you?" Speaking softly, because he knew how easily sound could echo in areas like this, he kept a wary eye on their surroundings.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
She shrugged and grinned at him, not particularly concerned. "Then I suppose I'll just have to add a pretty wolf pelt to my collection. After fighting an Ursur with only a little telekinesis, wolves and shadows don't strike me as very scary." Pecking his cheek lightly, the girl stepped away towards the entrance, listening to his brief explanation with a thoughtful frown.

"Mhm. See, that's exactly what I've heard too. Thing is, if it was really true, it shouldn't be the kind of information just anyone would be able to hear about. Unless they want people to come snooping. Ever considered that this might be a trap of some sort?" She kept her voice low even as her eyes raked across the stone, looking for clues and hints along the ground to see if there was a lot of traffic in and out of here.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun grinned at Maea's comment. "I would make a pretty wolf, you're right." Then, though, he shot her a curious look. "What's this about an Ursur now?" It came out idly and only slightly curious, but there was the faintest hint of concerns in his eyes and voice.

They walked down the tunnel, and he kept a careful eye on their surroundings. "Or they don't care if people snoop, since they've got precautions in place." Shrugging, he turned and waggled his eyebrows at her. "Good thing I've got you to protect me from the scary traps." His tone was cheerfully teasing, and not at all afraid.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Maea shrugged lightly, trying to brush it off as nothing. "Oh, a school thing... Zariah gave us an exam. We had to get bells from around the neck of a wild Ursur using only our weakest magic. It's fine, no one got seriously hurt." Her ribs had been bruised in pretty patterns though... but she didn't tell him that.

She nodded at the mention of traps. "I suppose... as long as we're prepared for the possibility of them, it'll be fine. Unless," she added, as if in sudden realization, "they are fire based... in which case I guess I'm going to miss you." She kept her voice down even while gesting, and there was something tense about her shoulders as she headed deeper into the tunnels. Just to be safe, Maea kept herself off to the side of the path, refusing to walk in the middle, just in case there was something rigged there. So far the tunnel itself wasn't much to look at, steeped in shadow.

"Could you provide us with some light, perchance?" she asked Amun, hoping he'd brought his patch along.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Raising his eyebrows, Amun gave Maea a bemused look. "I'm glad everyone's unharmed, but I gotta say, that doesn't sound fine to me. Sounds dangerous. And stupid." Indeed, though he was teasing, there was a genuine worry underneath that.

At her comment, he grinned. "My hero." Then he reached back to tap the shield he'd brought which he definitely had with him the whole time. "Thankfully, I brought a few tricks of my own. Can't have people see me relying on you too much. They might get ideas." Chuckling, he gave her a playful punch in the upper arm.

Nodding at her request, he slipped his hand in his pocket. Laying the patch on the back of his hand, he commanded it to glow, which it did, softly. Raising his hand above his head, he took the lead. "I can see just fine, by the way." He tapped right by his eyes, which pierced the darkness easily.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Chuckling, Maea gave him an amused look. "You just summed up Zariah Launceleyn in two words. Can't say I disagree. But at least her lessons are effective." Still, she appreciated the concern. It felt good to know she wasn't the only one who thought it was crazy.

Looking over the shield as best she could, Maea nodded, though couldn't help but roll her eyes a little. "Oh yes, gods forbid anyone think you need anyone's help. Would be terribly embarrassing." He punched her, and in retaliation the girl brought a shower of water droplets down from the tunnel ceiling above them, to patter onto his head. "Since you're so independent and have such excellent eyesight, why don't you take the lead? I promise, I won't watch your back too closely."

Grinning, she held a hand out and made a sweeping, elegant bow to suggest he lead them on, the kind Jigano so often delivered. Perhaps slightly exaggerated... and definitely mocking.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
"I hope so." Amun glanced at Maea, an almost speculative look on his face. "Let me know if you'd like me to put in a good word for you. Zariah and I get along fine." The offer was made cheerfully, without any hint of guile or expectation of a return.

Smirking, he nodded sagely. "I know, right? I have a reputation to protect." As the water dripped onto him, he looked up, then slid his gaze over to her. Reaching up, he gathered some of the water in his hand, then flicked it at her.

As she bowed at him, he raised his eyebrows. Then he slipped into a bow of his own, incredibly graceful even if it was shallow. "Your wish is my command. And you can look all you like, but no touching." Tone teasing, he wagged a finger at her. Then he slipped into the lead, still holding up his hand so she could see.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Maea stifled a laugh, deflected the water and followed behind her friend deeper into the tunnels. It was much cooler down here than in the bright sunlight overhead, and while she wasn't bothered about the cold at all - twice guarded from it by magic and divine gifts - Maea still rolled her sleeves down. The lava rocks were sharp in places, and the path grew increasingly slippery the further in they went.

"It looks like some of these paths get flooded when the tide rises," she commented quietly from behind, and pointed to the lines along the walls, where the rock was a different color. Splotched with moss and lichen above, and salt-stained below. "Better not get lost, or linger for too long. Are we looking for something in particular?"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Eyes widening at Maea's comment, Amun looked more closely at the walls. Then he sighed. "It sure does." Looking back at her, he cocked his head to one side. "I don't imagine your magic can hold back the tide?" Shrugging, he started walking again. "Because I'd probably survive flooding, but I don't know about you." Despite the slightly teasing words, he was actually worried about her being down here now.

Shaking his head, he peered around the corners as they reached a fork in the road. "Not particularly. Just looking." Hesitating, he gave her an appraising look. "Unless you've heard something I haven't about what can be found down here."

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
The girl shook her head. "Not for long. I likely won't drown though, as I've found something quite interesting..." She called on his attention and pulled her neckline down a little, to show him a small crystal that had been braided into a little cage of thin leather cord. It rested snug against her throat, tight enough to bob when she swallowed, without actually choking her. "This lets me breathe under water," she said, grinning. "I found it... and it works."

As he paused by the forking path, peering down the new section, Maea came up to stand by his side. She too looked down it, eyes scanning for signs of any kind. Amun's light provided enough visibility for her to spot a chalked mark on a section of wall, and she pointed it out for him to see.

"Only that smugglers sometimes store their goods down here," she told him. "Potentially we could find interesting things down here... but we'd have people after us to get anything back. How much excitement is enough for you? I've promised Sunjata I won't do anything too reckless." And she quite meant to stick to that, because she was not ready to face his anguish again. At least he knew where she was this time, and with whom... though not quite what they were up to. The Flood would have a few things to say about it if he did.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3