wasting time
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Smiling at Maea, Amun reached up and over with his free hand to boop Maea on the nose. Now that the frantic escape was over, he found himself relaxing, feeling weirdly happy about the whole adventure. "Who's to say I'm not happy." Moving his arm back, he gestured at their surroundings. "I'm having a nice walk along a beautiful beach with my dear sister. What's not to be happy about?" He grinned and made a show of taking in a deep breath, as if breathing in the world around them.

However, he gave her a feigned look of dismay, though his eyes glittered with mischief. "I am shocked and appalled that I wasn't already your first choice." His tone matched his overly dramatic expression and words, but it wasn't long before he chuckled.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
"You can always be more happy," she countered, grinning at his display, her nose wrinkling as he poked it. "I don't think there is a limit to it, so I'll just keep wishing more of it on you."

His outrage earned him a gentle shove in the side, and the flash of a pink tongue before Maea laughed along with him. "How was I supposed to know you were even an option?" she protested. "If you weren't interested in nefarious dealings, I would do my utmost to spare you from them. But now that I know, I'll make sure to let you know if I ever end up in a pinch." And for all that she was bantering and teasing, there was a look to Maea's eyes as she turned back to watch the road ahead of them, that suggested she wasn't entirely joking.

But it was not a conversation she wished to have with Amun just yet, and the toll of the day was wearing on her. Hungry, sore and more than a little rattled from the near escape, it was really all Maea could do to keep on her feet, walk and talk.

"Care to stop in Haulani before we head back? I think I need something to eat before long..."
I'm an angel bored like hell
And you're a devil meaning well
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Amun smirked at Maea. ”That’s very kind of you, but I am content.” Reaching out, he gave her arm an affectionate punch. ”Don’t go wishing for the moon when you’ve already got the sky.” Though it was teasing, there was something deeper lurking in his eyes.

Stepping slightly away from her, he swept his hands down his body, indicating his entire demeanor and posture and attire and attitude. ”How could you possibly look at this and not immediately think ‘that’s a ruffian if I ever saw one.'” Shaking his head, he chuckled. ”We’ve got to work on your observation skills, sis.” However, he gave her a happy grin as she agreed to invite him along on her next set of untoward adventures.

”You do that.” Then he pointed a finger at her as his expression grew serious. ”And if I find out you didn’t, I’ll be very sad.” He pouted, though his eyes crinkled with amusement.

Nodding at her question, he smiled. ”I could use a bite myself. But sure, we can stop for food.” He winked at her as they stepped off the sand onto something more closely resembling a road that led to the port.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
The raised a brow at him, at the unusual modesty of the statement. "Reach for the sun, and you might find yourself standing at the moon," she countered. "But fine, I can wish misfortune on you instead, if you prefer. Let's see, may your hair fall out, your teeth rot, and..." She returned his shit-eating grin, expecting him to interrupt her.

As he indicated himself, inviting her to look him over, Maea did just that. Gave him a long, close, rather brazen stare that trailed from his face, down over his body and back up again. Then she smirked, expression rather... suggestive? There was definitely an unusual look in her eyes.

"You know, if I wasn't with Sunjata and didn't call you brother, I might consider inviting you for dinner," she said. Blushing, but smiling too... and damn, if the girl wasn't actually flirting. Or... trying to, at least? Only, there was some seriousness beneath the words, that came out clearer as she went on. "If you ever end up so injured that you won't make it to a shrine... I hope you know I will give you all the blood you need. Your life... if it comes down to it, I hope you will trust me to help you." And damn the awkward consequences that might come with it.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun raised his eyebrows at Maea. ”You’ll forgive me for not wanting to reach for the sun.” The words came out in a wry drawl, and he smirked at her. Chuckling as she listed the most awful things she could think of, he plucked the patch from his hand and laid it on his face.

Then he ordered it to give him uglier features and no teeth, while still grinning at her. ”Like I said, gotta give the competition some hope.” He shifted his appearance back to normal, though he left the square where it was.

As she looked him over, he just stood there (maybe posing a little bit). When she spoke, it was enough to startle a laugh from him. ”You really know how to make a man feel wanted, sis.” He smiled to let her know he was just teasing. However, his expression softened and grew more affectionate, and he reached over to mess up her hair. ”I might just have taken you up on that dinner. And of course I trust you, and I appreciate the offer.”

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
The girl winced at him, grimacing at the face he made for her - quite literally - with a look of deepest regret. "I mean... While I do love you for your wit and colorful personality Amun, I really think you don't have to be all that generous with the competitors..." Let's remember not to wish too awful curses on family, eh? Might come back to haunt you...

He actually looked a bit surprised at her words. The laugh suggested as much, and it was rather satisfying to see. Disregarding the color on her own cheeks, Maea made to sling a careful arm around his back, his hand ruffling her hair earning him a laugh and a happy smile.

"Good. With that settled... off we go." It would be a bit of a walk, but the company was good; all in all, a day well spent.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun shrugged, then glanced out to the horizon. "Perhaps you're right." Grinning, he gave Maea a wink. "Maybe I'm just trying to justify my admittedly pitiful love life as lack of effort on my part." Although his tone was teasing, his expression did grow a little wistful for a moment before his easy going demeanor stole over him again.

As she slung an arm across his back, he slid one across her shoulders, using it to guide her towards Haulani. "And just what do you have a hankering for?" He gave her an appraising look then smirked. "Wait, wait, don't tell me: a good steak and some wine."

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Squeezing him at the half-admission that perhaps everything wasn't all sunshine and rainbows in Amun-land, Maea peered at him from the side, considering. Took everything he'd told her into account, and also what he hadn't said. "Now, this might be none of my business... but have you ever considered a second glance at the other half of the population?" she asked him, rather gently. "I'm aware that gender and certain body parts matter to some, but perhaps... I don't know. Maybe it is worth experimenting a bit?" Removing a few criteria to the selection might help catch him more fish, so to speak.

Maea laughed at his assessment of her appetites. "Actually, I've grown rather fond of fish, since coming here," she told him happily. "There is this one place by the harbor that offer grilled tuna, and I could easily make myself poor by going there..." Rolling her eyes with a humming smile, her mouth watered at the mere thought of it. "I've been itching to try oysters too, but I'm not sure I've quite built up the courage for it yet..."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
As Maea suggested that Amun seek out a slightly curvier romantic partner, he raised his eyebrows. "Not yet, but I'm open to it." He cocked his head to one side. "Why, did you have someone in mind for me?" There was something quite interested in his voice, and he couldn't deny that his eyes were more than a bit eager.

As she mentioned that she was hoping for some seafood, he raised his eyebrows and gave her an excited grin. "I'd be happy to show you where to get the best oysters." He winked at her, obviously more playful than flirtatious. "You know they're an aphrodisiac right?"

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
She shook her head with a regretful smile. "No, unfortunately not. I wasn't sure you were even open to it. But if you have a preferred aesthetic, then I'll know what to look for. What's your preferred flavor of drama?" Because Maea was woman enough to know that her own gender rarely came without it - and had begun to realize that it hardly was a one-sided thing.

He teased her about oysters then, because why not turn food into an innuendo too? Her own attempts at the whole play-flirty thing had been abandoned in the sand, given up for hopeless. Both because of the practice target, and because of her own lack of interest.

"What? No, you can't be serious," she said, with a disbelieving smile. "All those sorts of myths are only that, I don't believe in any of them."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
As Maea revealed she hadn't exactly been keeping an eye out for lucky ladies, Amun grinned. "It doesn't really matter for the bite, and I guess I can't afford to be picky." Cocking his head to one side, his eyes narrowed playfully. "I don't suppose drama-free is an option?" It came out almost plaintively, though his eyes sparkled with mischief.

He just raised his eyebrows at her. "And who between the two of us has more experience with oysters and aphrodisiacs, hm?" Obviously he was teasing her. Then he smirked. "Besides, even if that's just a myth, it's a myth people believe. And that belief has the power to influence them." Chuckling, he reached over to ruffle her hair.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Maea gave him an apologetic smile. "I doubt it, alas. I used to consider myself the least dramatic person in the Grounds, and look at me now. Probably there are women out there with less opinions, that are more grounded and down to earth pragmatic... I just don't know any." But then again, Maea's circle of acquaintances wasn't that big, so who was she to say. "Still... You must have some idea of what's pleasant to look at? Tall, short, curvy, skinny, bossy, shy... Top or bottom, Amun?" She grinned at him, eyes glittering with elation at her own forwardness. Whatever else it was, these talks with him was slowly curing her of that crippling shyness.

Of course, the loving attention from Sunjata had some to do with it too. It was hard to remain timid and awkward when someone routinely worshipped every inch of your body.

She held her hands up in surrender, not about to challenge him on the subject of seafood and its efficacy. "Alright, if you say so... I better not let Sunjata have any then. Or I'll never be able to walk properly again." She wiggled her eyebrows, and ducked out of reach of his hand, so he couldn't get to her hair.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
"Aye, you're in the thick of it now." Amun's voice was mercilessly teasing, and he ruffled Maea's hair again. As she asked if he was a top or a bottom, he smirked. "Why Maea, I am shocked you would ask me such a thing." Then he chuckled. "If you must know, I'm a bottom. And I don't mind when people get a bit bossy. Or a bit rough." He winked, not at all bothered about having this conversation with her.

Grinning at her comment, he followed after her, though made no move to ruffle her hair. Instead, he just laughed outright. "You say that like it's a bad thing." Voice wicked, he dropped it to a whisper. "Sometimes you want the ride of your life though." Waggling his eyebrows right back, he cocked his head to the side. "Though I do hope that the trouble walking is from intensity rather than poor technique on his part." He clicked his tongue disapprovingly.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
There was definitely color on her face that had nothing to do with the sun or the exertions of their adventure, but if she was embarrassed or awkward, Maea did a much better job at holding it inside than before. "Good to know. You know, if you want bossy ladies, then I actually might know one already. Hotaru? She's definitely not shy. Even hit on me, which..." She trailed off, shrugging in a way that suggested it took both guts to penetrate her usual icy indifference towards people, and unusual taste. Maea didn't consider herself desirable, definitely not the kind of staggering beauty that Hotaru was.

"Oh, only bad in the sense that I'd eventually have to leave the bed," she countered, flashing her teeth in a grin. "Don't worry about me though, he knows what he's doing..." Her eyes turned a bit hazy with recollection of her tangles with the Flood, and a visible shudder stole down her spine, sensual and suggestive. "I've nothing at all to complain about."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3