Personal Quest have you ever seen the rain?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
all the things we said when we were younger
The rain was coming nearly sideways now, and so unruly was the tide that almost all of Hale Ka’aila had been swallowed up by the swells. But what of it? Water or no, those who mourned the lives lost at sea would still grieve no matter the weather. Besides, the rain was warm enough and Remi wasn't made of sugar. He'd not melt in this.

He'd put up a notice in town seeking help, though if he had to do this alone, so be it. His creation magic was...strange as of late, but he had enough tricks up his sleeves that he thought he might still complete this project relatively unimpeded. So he thought, anyhow.

With a new appreciation for the importance of graves and memorials, Remi turned his eyes towards the grey skies, offering a silent pulse of some hard to describe emotion towards Ludo. The rain made his curls slick and dark, but his sea-glass green eyes were all the clearer for the storm. Something about the rumble of thunder and the dark waves calmed him.

This is a PQ to add a memorial to Hale Ka'aila for those who have died out at sea.

1. Remi
2. Maea
3. Jigano

did it bend or did I break?

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
MAEA
Rain was not a problem to someone versed in water magic. But even if Maea could have turned it away from her and walked more or less dry, she rather appreciated the feeling as it soaked her to the bone. Like a cleansing of sort, to wash away troubles and worries that had nothing to do with what she'd come here to do.

She had seen the notice and did not think twice about joining Remi on the designated time and place. Their last conversation had been amicable enough, and she was happy to lend a hand in any way she could. Wrapped in her usual shawl, with the fabric pulled up over her head to shield her eyes from the worst of the storm, she joined him with a quiet nod in greeting.
Nothing lasts forever, I thought you should know
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Was it any surprise that the soul shepherd came? He had walked along the ocean's edge but not yet ventured into it, respecting its power as well as admiring its beauty, but Remi's call drew him to it once more. He came wearing only a sleeveless wrapped tunic, having learned that too many layers were a hindrance in this sun-warmed land.

Well, sun warmed on most days. Today was not one of those days, and the water streamed over his skin and dripped from the end of his long ponytail as he made his way along the strand. His feet were bare, but his lantern hung from his belt, a fitting addition to bring to such an undertaking, he hoped.

He hadn't expected to run into Maea here, but he gave her a smile and a warm nod, for though they had parted within the Guild it had been on better terms than their previous conversation. As for Remi...

"How can I help?" he asked simply, the question holding more than one meaning but the alchemist could choose which he wanted to answer in his own time.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
For a moment the darkened shawl caught him off guard, thinking perhaps it was Ludo again to reprimand him. Instead, it was only Maea, her eyes pale unlike the childlike hollows of Ludo's. Nodding silently to her as thunder rumbled overhead, he watched the Sage appear out of the haze. Together he and Maea were like perfectly fitting opposites; one pale, one dressed darkly. One tall, one petite, and both with a unique relationship to the cloaked god. What place the alchemist had between them he didn't bother to think about. "With your magic and your mind, I should think." Remi replied with a straight face, though a flicker of amusement sparkled in his eyes. And perhaps afterwards we might speak. He added silently, knowing that the Sage was far more acquainted with Ludo than he, and wanting his thoughts on recent events, having already heard Maea's side of things.

"I know not your magic Maea, but I do know your eye for things. Perhaps you might gather some of the coral, shells, and bones around the sandbar?"

Turning to Jigano, the alchemist tugged in a breath. "I was thinking of constructing...some sort of pillar that might stand the test of many a storm to come. With a blank slate at the top that sand could be placed on, names writ in it, to be blown away by the sea breezes as a memorial." The alchemist paused to gauge the Sage's reaction, happy to alter the idea in his mind should Jigano have a better one. If not, the first step would be to great a structure that would last the wind which howled across the sea, as well as the waves which would relentlessly crash against the sand dune.

No order! Maea on coral/shell/bone duty.
Jigano/Remi to construct the standing portion of the memorial.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
Turning to see Jigano approach, she returned his smile fondly, happy to see him again. It had been too long since last time, now that they did not share the same work space, and she missed her friend. Something to remedy in the future, even if it was only over a cup of tea.

Her focus went back to Remi as he explained the tasks at hand, and she gave him a half smile. "Water, should be the most useful one here today," she informed him. "I will see to it." She lingered long enough to hear what he required of Jigano and himself, then left the men to gather the materials needed.

As she stepped away from the sea-glass cathedral and down towards the raging surf, the water parted just around her, Maea's magic pushing it away to create a protective bubble around her. It left her free to walk unhindered along the sand-bank, to pick up any of the required items she could find. It wasn't hard; the storm was tossing up many of its treasures from its depths, and she had but to lean down and gather them. Seashells, bone and coral; she made a few trips back and forth, returning with armfuls of them until she hoped enough had been gathered for the purpose.

------

Maea pushes the sea water away from her so she can walk unhindered along the sandbank. She gathers up several armfuls of shells, bone and coral the storm wrecks onto the sand and brings it over to the others.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
He had heard Sam's account of his reunion with the alchemist, and Loren's regret and fear over Remi's attempted suicide at the festival. This was the first time he was seeing the quiet inventor since then, though, and he was cautiously prepared for vitriol or violence. The spark of amusement, then, caught him by surprise, but pleasantly so, and his lips quirked up into a smile at the little joke. "That I can give, and gladly," he said aloud. And I would like that, very much, he added through the Attuned bond.

He listened curiously to what Remi had planned for this memorial, nodding in appreciation at the notion of a pillar of stone. The names blown away by sand... those were a bittersweet touch and he drew a slow breath, shaking some of the rain from his eyes. "I think it's a very elegant idea. How tall should it be? I can begin work on the slate if you'd like to focus on the pillar itself?" The alchemist knew his own vision best, but the slate - broad enough to be stable, thick enough to not be blown away - was something Jigano thought he could work on, calling on his earth and creation magic together, plucking the shimmering strings of magic in his soul with mental fingers grown confident as he drew out a new silent melody to fashion what Remi had suggested, with four nubs extending down from the bottom so that it could be set on the eventual pillar and held in place against wind and wave.

Jigano uses his earth and creation magic to make the slate.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
Maea would find that some of the shells turned out to be small crabs, a few of which reached up to pinch at her fingers as she tried to pluck them away from their homes. The coral was sharp and should she not take care, she'd find her fingers sliced. Still the items brought back were beautiful and all wondrously unique and would make excellent additions to the memorial. Would she notice the dark shapes lurking closer, closer, closer out in the water?

Nodding towards Jigano, happy to accept the way the tasks were split, Remi went to work. Despite how well-versed the bard was with his magic, the storm, the rains, and perhaps just the strangeness of circumstances would constantly be a burden to Jigano's concentration. Indeed he'd have to double-down on his efforts to ensure that the slate turned out as he wanted.

For Remi's part, he actually thought that having both Maea and Jigano here was incredibly useful in another way: the variation in their heights was helpful in trying to decide how tall to make the structure. A posture of supplication, kneeling or sitting, seemed to be most common with these sorts of things, and so Remi began to pull from the earth pillars of only about 2ft tall. He breathed earth and creation into the design, the rocks he created looking like those found nearer to the volcano: porous and grey.

"Now to ensure it doesn't simply wash away...do you think we could combine our efforts to create a sort of...anchor, beneath the sand here? If we reach deep within, almost like a root system?" He asked Jigano. Metals now seemed...strangely out of his reach, and he knew not another way.

Handing Maea a hastily made container (a better one could be made after) he looked up to the rain. "Do you think you could get sand from beneath the waves? And use your magic to make it dry again, so that on days like this, there is still some to be used?"

Jigano to help Remi anchor the pillar in the ground. Maea to dry some sand!

No order!

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
She got a few goodly pinches before she learned to check the shells for inhabitants, and likewise cut her fingers open more than once until she grew more cautious with the corals. So intent was she on bringing the treasures back to the others that she didn't notice the shapes in the water, nor was she particularly concerned about a few drops of blood spilled into the surf.

Maea got back to the others without too much trouble, and accepted the jar Remi handed her. She looked out to the agitated ocean, considered for a moment, and then nodded just like before. "I should be able to manage that, yes." Taking a moment to look over her hands and to see what the others were doing, she then went back to the beach again.

This time, Maea did not banish the water entirely from around her. Remi had said sand from beneathy the waves, and perhaps she was being a touch too literal, but she would do as she was bid. Already drenched, she waded out into the surf until it reached her to the knees, using her magic to merely lessen the impact of the waves as they came crashing towards her. It was still difficult to remain standing, and in the dim ligth she saw little more than the nearest waves as she leaned down to fill the jar with sand and seawater. Straightening up, Maea turned her back to the sea and began to leech the water out of the jar, hoping to leave behind only dry sand by the time she put the lid back on.

-----

Maea cut her hands on the corals and spilled some blood into the sea. She accepts the jar and goes back into the water to fill it with sand. She turns her back to the sea while drying the sand, oblivious to the shadows lurking in the water.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
He had practiced with his magic mostly in good weather, Jigano realized ruefully as his concentration was shaken by wind and rain. He fought to catch at the threads of his magic again and again, seeking their strength as he sought to create the slate which Remi had requested. It took far longer than he anticipated, but though he had to restart several times before he was able to weave the disparate notes of the different magics together, he at least succeeded in making the heavy tablet.

He blinked back to awareness, even wetter than before, to see that Remi had created a design the bard hadn't anticipated but appreciated. He lugged the slate over and settled it into place atop the pillars, glad to take a moment's rest before the next phase of the project. He turned the suggestion over in his head, nodding slowly as he slicked soaking bangs back. "I think so. Almost like petrified roots?" he confirmed before focusing intently on what Remi did, following the alchemist's lead and lending him his magic to extend the bases of the pillars deep into the sand, reaching for the underlying stone of the shore beneath to create the stone roots that had been suggested.

Jigano places the slate on the pillars, then follows Remi's lead in making stone roots to anchor the pillars deep within the sand.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
Here and there, the tops of heads arise from beneath the waters, unbothered by the tumultuous surf. Watching with cold but keen predatory stares, a gaggle of merfolk watch as Maea wades into the water, their hisses and cries of distress lost to the wind and the rain. With magic far more powerful than she possesses (when it comes to the water anyways), they try and obfuscate her efforts, knocking the jar out of her hands time and time again, or filling it entirely with sea water and not sand. But then, distracted as she is, perhaps Maea will simply blame her poor coordination. Water, far colder than it should be, rushes towards her trying to knock her off balance. At the same time, the sand under her feet suddenly gives out, causing her to sink to her knees and closing tightly around her.

As for Jigano and Remi, it is a strange thing indeed to weave magic together given the history between the two men. Try as they might to create an anchoring system beneath the sand, the area around feels...vacuous somehow. As if something (or someone) is intentionally pulling the sand away from their created-root-system so that it won't find purchase. "I don't understand." Remi said a touch breathlessly, opening his eyes and resting his hands on his knees as he huffed a confused breath. "I didn't expect this to be easy but it feels...like trying to create roots in water or quicksand." Running a hand through thoroughly soaked curls, he looked to Jigano for his thoughts. "Perhaps we do simply...create an anchor. If there is not much beneath us, perhaps adding weight is all we can do?"

Oops the mermaids are doing their best to make Maea's task impossible and perhaps drown her?

They're also giving Remi and Jigano a Time.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
The water did not obey her like it ought. Or rather, it felt as though someone was taking it away from her, like Loren had done on occasion, stealing it from her grasp to use for himself. She struggled to fill the jar, to keep the sand in place within it, but it was all made next to impossible. And then, quite without warning, the ground beneath her feet caved in and she was brought to her knees, the waves thundering in well over her head, closing tight around her.

The girl inhaled deeply and tried to make the water around her warm up again - the could wouldn't bother her with Ludo's Rags around her, but she didn't wish to disrupt the natural balance of the temperatures. A wave crashed down over her, almost knocking her completely over; but she held the jar tightly, and when the water receded again she gasped for air.

"Please! I'm only trying to help. If I'm doing anything wrong, I'll change it until you are satisifed." She wasn't sure whom she was pleading to, if it was the lost spirits or the gods, or... But the way her attempts were thwarted seemed too deliberate for only a storm.

She waited a bit, struggling to breathe and stay above the surf; then Maea tried to free herself, and fill the jar up with sand again. Unsure if it would work.

-----

Maea tried to warm the water back up so as not to cause distress to any plantlife or animals nearby. She pleads with what she thinks might be lost souls, offering to change the way she goes about things until they are satisfied.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Try as they might, the roots just couldn't find purchase, and Jigano's thoughtful frown turned into a scowl of frustration as attempt after attempt was thwarted. When Remi finally gave voice to what they were both thinking he nodded, but the suggestion was met with a hesitant pause. "I'm not sure... would an anchor risk dragging it down into the sand until it was buried?" he asked, deferring to the more experienced earth magic user. Remi was also more familiar with Torchline and the beach than he was, the bard having little previous experience with sand in any real quantity before.

He thought he had almost grasped the knack of creating metal, as he had seen Deimos do on several occasions, but no matter what he did he couldn't quite seem to get the hang of it. Then again, stone foundations wouldn't rust like metal would, and contemplated the pillars before the rain distracted him again and he looked out to the gray waves thoughtfully. "Maybe... if one of us tries to fill and harden the sand beneath the pillars? Making it more into something like sandstone? While the other tries to make the 'roots' again out of something harder?"

If Remi agreed, Jigano would try to use Earth Magic to stabilize the sand and create more as it seemed to flow away while the alchemist made the roots.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
Maea wasn't an attuned, and so couldn't hear the telepathic snarls from the mermaids as they continued to frustrate the girl's efforts. They weren't really going to let her drown here, but they were happy enough to have her think she might. That she didn't seem to completely know who or what was doing this to her played into their plans all the more. The waves continue to froth and dance around the girl, frigid droplets nipping at her toes beneath the sand. The water within the jar begins to freeze, threatening to shatter the container and release the sand.

"A good point." Remi agreed, rubbing a hand across his eyes to remove the rain from his lashes. "I'm not as familiar with sandstone, so I can try the roots." So saying, he'd close his eyes to try and focus on the changes Jigano was making within the sand. Indeed he could feel it hardening, and so he tried to slip tendrils of roots within the structure to try and anchor it.

"Maea, who are you talking to?" Remi called out, brows narrowed as he saw the girl all but waist-deep in the waves..

Oops, the mermaids are continuing to make a mess of things with Maea! Jigano and Remi are successful!

No posting order

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Okay, so asking nicely wasn't going to help. Her attempts continued to be thwarted, and now the water in the jar was starting to freeze over. Of course, she still didn't feel the cold, but this was decidedly not natural, and that meant someone was was messing with her. Annoyance flared up in her, and as she heard Remi call, asking who she was talking to, she sucked in as much air as she could and called back.

"Someone... is using magic on me!" The scentence came out a half-choked snarl. Gritting her teeth, Maea reached for the magic again, digging deeper into her reserves this time. She pushed all the water away from her in a thrity foot radius - including the water in the jar, hopefully before it had frozen completely - and heaved herself up, trying to free herself from the sand that had swallowed her legs.

"Let go of me!" she hissed, to whomever it was that interfered; still half convinced it was spirits or souls of some kind.

------

Maea tries to push all the water away from her in a 30ft radius (including the water in the jar) and tries to get free from the sand so she can rise.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3